It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God did it !

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's important to voice your opinion in order to remove private prejudice by taking the more rational approach to the same question - "Does god exist"

I think it's important to share knowledge and deny philosophical, logical and historical ignorance, I believe at the very core of these beliefs is irrationality and this inherently causes harm to society.

I'd consider myself an anti-theistic agnostic atheist xD.

Peace bro, keep fighting the good fight.
edit on 10/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
What really makes no sense is asking where God comes from before you've even figured out there is one.

Well you wouldn't believe in god unless you thought he existed....so, moving on

I believe in God but according to you, you're the smart one so you tell me.

Well according to scientists the universe can be explained without the necessity of god creating it, so unless you know something they don't i would say your belief in god is wrong.

People who don't believe in something don't get to ask where it comes from ? What's his name ? Which one ?Well I guess you can ask.

what are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
does god pray? does god go to church? does he believe in a higher deity? if not does that make him an atheist? ill take stupid answers to my stupid questions

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

does God exist?

A better question i feel. xD

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Aahahahaha, that's a funny philosophical question

If god really exists, he's clearly an atheist as there's nothing "above him". So basically, all the believers either pray to nothing because god doesn't exist, or they every single night they pray to an atheist

Of course philosophy is useless in proving/disproving science, and we have ZERO proof for his/her/its existence, so the whole discussion is kinda pointless anyway...but still an entertaining through.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Not pointless, it separates two positions, two world views; one which "BELIEVES" all "goodness" and morality comes from "up high" and another view that morality is innate as human beings and we have no knowledge of what exactly is "up high".

Prejudice is inherent to believing in a specific God, you feel all the others are wrong and not followign the "true" God's will. This is wrong, this separates society, has done and carries on to this day.

I'm not saying non-belief in a deity means that you are perfect, for example i may have a firm belief in eugenics, in a master race, But that's not BECAUSE i'm an atheist (I don't by the way)
edit on 12/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Not pointless, it separates two positions, two world views; one which "BELIEVES" all "goodness" and morality comes from "up high" and another view that morality is innate as human beings and we have no knowledge of what exactly is "up high".

Prejudice is inherent to believing in a specific God, you feel all the others are wrong and not followign the "true" God's will. This is wrong, this separates society, has done and carries on to this day.

I'm not saying non-belief in a deity means that you are perfect, for example i may have a firm belief in eugenics, in a master race, But that's not BECAUSE i'm an atheist (I don't by the way)

Now that's a respectable response in my view.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You'll have to forgive me if i don't believe you.

Peace anyway, and it's great that many people are getting involved with this big ol' debate.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well I am very insulted , could be a reaction. Maybe, I'm not really shocked at that revelation. That could be one.
Mmm, think I'll go with, WHO CARES ?

Wait ! Did you say something about forgivness ?

edit on 17-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Cool story, brah.

Forgiveness is a concept that can be understood without inferring the supernatural.

Here's a fact: Atheists can't understand the concept of love, also they're haunted by demons.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Damn it !

You just had to spark my interest again, right? What, if anything, do you hope to achieve in mentioning these, "facts'?

Are you coming from, or going somewhere ?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A sense of humour and a display of wit regarding the common misconceptions of Atheists made by the people with "faith"

Glad i could spark your interest

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join