It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God did it !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'll wait unil all the facts are in on whether the universe didn't always exist. Maybe there was something before that spawned the universe, but I don't go with the god theory. There are just to many things that we don't know to presume that there is or isn't a god. If there is, he/she/it apparently doesn't give a d@@n. Just look around if you want proof.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by pplrnuts

Randy's a good guy and has the bollocks to post threads and take the knocks from his fellow ATS members without complaining. Not only does he not complain, he laughs in the face of the atheists who are queuing up to try and belittle his ideas. Just in this one thread, there are comments that go against the T&Cs. 'Laughable and remedial' is a good example.

I'm atheist/agnostic and have more respect for Randyvs than I have for the people using atheism as an excuse to try and kick his ass. More importantly, this SOB has made me laugh more often than any other ATS member with his writing style. He's got character.

It's fair enough to post a few challenges and just as easy to stay on the right side of respectful.

No. Randyvs creates threads here in a "guns blazing" fashion in the most arrogant way to boot. Then when VALID and LEGITIMATE questions are asked of him, he returns fire with nothing but insults and avoidance of the question. This return fire of nothing but "BLANKS" that he shoots, makes his "COWBOY" fashion look more like Tinker-Bell in reality.

And he "laughs" (as you say) when he tastes defeat. Instead of "laughing" he should be admitting to error...

The alleged "belittling" from the "atheists" result DIRECTLY from his smug replies and insults all lacking any answers or sense to the topic at hand. Smug replies are somewhat acceptable by folks having a clue of a given subject, but when coming from randyvs, it is just, well... despicable.

But do not let me stop you from being his buddy, folks of the same flock fly together... or something like that saying goes.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Oh boy let's not get into this one again

And yes the bible is a very reliable source my friend PM me if you care to discuss.

Awesome thread btw.

God Bless

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I can't believe I'm doing this, because Randy and I disagree on a very fundamental basis, but I have to defend him (a bit) here.

I had TONS of arguments with the guy, some quite heated ones too. I'm very outspoken when it comes to creationism and science, most people on the O&C forum know that...so it's only natural we had those arguments. We totally disagree in a lot of things, and I truly believe a lot of his arguments are flawed when it comes to science. However, he IS willing to at least discuss things...and he's always at least making an effort to answer questions I asked. I can't say the same for a lot of the other creationists (*cough*Cosmic*cough*) who blatantly ignore any arguments that go against their worldview.

So in short, as much as I believe Randy to be in the wrong when it comes to his views on science, I respect him for engaging in conversations. Like, when I disagree with him, I can make a post and he'll actually respond to it...at which point I might disagree again, and round and round it goes. But if you challenge his views, he bothers explaining himself...it's called HAVING A DISCUSSION.

I have to ask though: Randy, why are you back? Didn't you wave good-bye to the O&C forum a few weeks back?

As for smug replies against atheists...I'm an atheist, and they don't bother me, lol. If anything, I think it's highly amusing if Cosmic or some other muppet calls me a dirty, filthy, Darwin-lover with a "bone through my nose". It's a forum, people hide behind anonymity...I know he'd never dare say that to my face if he knew me

You need a thick skin on the Interwebs

edit on 29-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil3unnie
reply to post by PieKeeper

Oh boy let's not get into this one again

And yes the bible is a very reliable source my friend PM me if you care to discuss.

Awesome thread btw.

God Bless

So which of the few hundred contradictions in the bible are of the "reliable source" ones? Which of the many man-gods before the bible are wrong leaving the latter in the New Testament being the "reliable source" one?

When a book begins with a talking snake fooling a rib-made-woman, who was pulled directly from a dust-made-man, you gotta admit that such a "reliable source" needs a LOT more convincing then the usual brainwashing, eh? Please do explain the "reliable source" that verifies the rib-woman and dust-man and talking snake, and I'll certainly listen.

I just love leprechauns and unicorns also, so where do they fit in at?

edit on 29-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: TYPO

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by randyvs

Personally I rationalize it all this way... If there is a God, then he, himself, operates within the parameters of his own creation... IE he utilizes natural law to accomplish his ends. This allows spirituality and observable fact to coexist without contrasting.

~Heff

Finally! Yes... He does, because God IS nature. We exist WITHIN Him. It's all extremely logical if you take the time to reason it out.

And so long as we're on the subject of nature being God and God being nature and in case anyone is wondering where the increase in natural disasters is coming from...

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

edit on 29-12-2010 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The alleged "belittling" from the "atheists" result DIRECTLY from his smug replies and insults all lacking any answers or sense to the topic at hand. Smug replies are somewhat acceptable by folks having a clue of a given subject, but when coming from randyvs, it is just, well... despicable.

Don't post in his threads then. If you feel the need to make your point try and avoid words like 'remedial,' it makes you sound like you haven't left school.

But do not let me stop you from being his buddy, folks of the same flock fly together... or something like that saying goes.

Like I said; grow up and stop acting like a schoolkid.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What is the one most simple answer, staring you in the face at this very moment? I heard something about the most simple answer, is usually the right answer, somewhere I think. God did it.

I believe you are speaking of occam's razor. Anyways I believe that science and God are one and the same. Meaning that the more we learn though science, the closer we come to finder more about God. However, I believe people on both sides of the God v. Science war do not like the idea that they are actually on the same side.

PS I am not religious so I am using the term "God" as an universal name for a higher power

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You - Mirror, now. Go take a look, from everyone else's eyes, at you.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by randyvs

everything else it gets wrong (the entire order and timeframe of creation, the moon as a light, the sun going round Earth, Earth being flat, global flood, etc), it's not all that impressive.

Now me being lazy and not reading the last 6 pages to see whether or not anyone asked for or received clarification, I would just like to know where in the Bible it says the things you point out as being wrong, I have always wondered these things some people point out as having been incorrect in the bible, yes I have heard others claim this, so I think there may be some truth to it, the only mention I can remember in regards these things in the bible was something about earth, and it was it was sort of implying it was round, not flat.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by randyvs

Which god? Your god? The Muslim's god? The New-Age "Great Creator god"? Zeus?

Your god, I take it you are referring to the Christian God? Well hate to break it to you but that's the same God as Allah (Allah simply being the Arabic word for God.) What I'm getting at here is that if there is such a thing then this God has many names and many faces.

I mean, when people start saying "God did it", I think people should specify and not just that, but be aware that there are indeed other "gods" out there.

Look into the concept of polytheistic monotheism.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
god equals universe
universe equals all
all equals one
one equals god

But I still don't think there is a heaven and a hell and a white bearded old man. Nono. And A book is always writen by human hands. peace, respect and love is for us here the answer - and some food.
edit on 30-12-2010 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

" energy is eternal"

Therefore reality is infinity, there are no Gods, you lose. ROFL

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
And A book is always writen by human hands.
edit on 30-12-2010 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

Really? I suppose you mean the Bible, I don't think there is anyone who does not agree that the modern day bibles have been written by humans. However you cannot say that a book is always written by a human, what prevents aliens from writing books?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
By definition, the word "God" represents an Omnipresence with Infinite Capacity.

Therefore "All Energy = God"

God didn't "do it", God "is it".

By the way, I think the finite Universe theory is illogical.

The Universe is most likely infinite. Show me the wall at the end. Otherwise, you won't convince anyone.
Anyways, whats on the "other side" of the wall at the end of the Universe??

See! Finite Universe theorists are ignoring the biggest flaw to their theory!

There is no wall at the end of the Universe lol. There was no beginning and there is no end.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by randyvs

" energy is eternal"

That's everyone's problem.

They think "God" = "Zeus". Some bearded guy in the sky or whatever. It's fantasy and illogical.

God is a term that describes the "Oneness" of the Universe.

Here I will try to make it more mathematical so it will become clear.

Energy = Everything
Therefore if the word "God" has any legitimate definition, than...
God = Energy (God has to be made out of something! And since Energy is the ONLY thing there is, God must be Energy - by default).

So now we have Energy = Everything = God

What if there is such thing as "Spirit" or "Soul"? Than since Energy is the ONLY thing that exists...
Energy = Soul/Spirit

Energy = Everything = God = Spirit/Soul

This math basically means that even the rocks on the ground, or the clouds in the sky, are the physical manifestation of "Soul/Spirit" which is "God". This means that the poop in your toilet is Spirit/God also. Everything that exists is energy.

Even antimatter is energy, it is just at a negative polarity compared to regular matter.

Point is, I understandably get frustrated when people refer to "God" as some sort of being or entity-person.
God isn't a person. God is everything, every person, every animal, every object.

Even you "Big Bang" theorists (which sound just like Creationists honestly), think that the Universe began at a specific point. But your own theory debunks this claim. When all matter was in a single compacted point, it was always there obviously. It didn't just appear!

Infinite Universe theory strikes back.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

LOL great reply, you really picked this OPs Thread apart. Still, Matter cannot be created nor destroyed but you cannot get something from nothing, everything has a beginning and end, energy is eternal; a pattern is starting to form and I believe that existence is balance. The universe, or multiverse, seems to be realigning itself as I see the oxymoronic duality of tangible perceivable existence. The universe itself seems to be a disturbance in a ZAT equation that our universe is headed toward. What could cause a disturbance in perfect harmony?

ZAT is like an end within an end and the means was/is nothing/zero. ZAT is the recipe for happiness like Zen Bhuddism.The disturbance was creation in my understanding as the universe is headed back to nothing/perfection. So creation was pandora's box to the first consciousness/God. The ego is created by identifying a reality through unalikes. We are or I am? Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You say God is energy. You understand the concept of God as a tangible form. Is your consciousness a tangible form? Is your life experience a sequential program creating your identity and reality ?

ZAT/Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think you are completely misunderstanding what modern physics says about the Universe. They say that it existed as a singularity at the 'begining'. I have never heard a scientist suggest that the Universe did not exist at some point. In fact one theory that has been in and out of style with scientists is the Idea that the Universe expands, then collapses back in on itself in a "Big Crunch"...and that this cycle is repeated into infinity. It would seem that most scientists think that this is not the case currently, but in all honestly they really don't know, and will admit that. Still they have never suggested that there is any evidence that the Universe didn't exist. I am not sure where you got this Idea but it is simply incorrect. I know recently it has been claimed that they have found evidence in the background noise of the Universe that suggests that Multiple Universes have come into existence, but the evidence is pretty new on that theory.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by randyvs

" energy is eternal"

That's everyone's problem.

They think "God" = "Zeus". Some bearded guy in the sky or whatever. It's fantasy and illogical.

God is a term that describes the "Oneness" of the Universe.

Here I will try to make it more mathematical so it will become clear.

Energy = Everything
Therefore if the word "God" has any legitimate definition, than...
God = Energy (God has to be made out of something! And since Energy is the ONLY thing there is, God must be Energy - by default).

So now we have Energy = Everything = God

What if there is such thing as "Spirit" or "Soul"? Than since Energy is the ONLY thing that exists...
Energy = Soul/Spirit

Energy = Everything = God = Spirit/Soul

This math basically means that even the rocks on the ground, or the clouds in the sky, are the physical manifestation of "Soul/Spirit" which is "God". This means that the poop in your toilet is Spirit/God also. Everything that exists is energy.

Even antimatter is energy, it is just at a negative polarity compared to regular matter.

Point is, I understandably get frustrated when people refer to "God" as some sort of being or entity-person.
God isn't a person. God is everything, every person, every animal, every object.

Even you "Big Bang" theorists (which sound just like Creationists honestly), think that the Universe began at a specific point. But your own theory debunks this claim. When all matter was in a single compacted point, it was always there obviously. It didn't just appear!

Infinite Universe theory strikes back.

Then why call it "God"? Why not call it energy? I just don't see what your God is, if its everything, how is it a God at all. My dictionary (WordWeb) states the meaning of "God" as:

1. Any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
2. A man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people
3. A material effigy that is worshipped

I suppose your God could fit the last category, provided that you worship energy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join