It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God did it !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Exactly, by my understanding... And I am quite "Grown Up" for your information. I was just stating the Mainstream religious individuals refuse to see the full picture of the actual bases of religion's and belief systems. There is more physical evidences by way of Ancient Alien theories that with the belief systems trusted in the bible version, the truth becomes muted and confused to the actual bases of why the Bible even exists.
If this is your belief as well, "I am with you." But if you are just being facetious to argue points of the conflict, then it becomes a moot topic...
either way, I do know what I am talking about regardless of your undermining of my perceptions and ideals. No offense intended, just standing on strong ground!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You knew you were going to take a lot of flack when you put up this thread, but you did it anyway.

I love you for that.

Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

If just one person would post something in any way simalar to your post. It would be worth it everytime.

Bout fell off my chair.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Archangelelijah

I agree about the religion statement. To me, all religion really is, or should be, is to show the human being how to act. Not demand them to do this or that, because every person makes mistakes. The point is you notice them and try not to make that same mistake twice. I think alot of the stories in the Bible or any other religious text could have some truth, because within every ancient story that's passed down it's possible it stems from some sort of truth. At the same time, I believe the stories are a guideline, just to act as a human should with love, compassion, friendship and peace. Whether you believe in your religious text and continually try to prove it or your a non-believer and try to disprove it.

Since, in the end you can have your faith, or not have your faith, but neither can fully prove it until you take your last breath on this Earth, than you will know. Now, I dont follow any book, but im spiritual and believe in an afterlife. I think there has been so much proof of an afterlife existence, even with a few of my own prominent experiences, that it is literally undeniable.

Im not talking about a magical "God" who zapped everything and by his word everything was created in an instant, but an afterlife realm where spirits coexist. To me "God" lives in my soul, as well as everyone else. God is me, us, the Universe and creation and existence itself. If it is true that we have some sort of spirit within us that is us, and it is energy like everything else in existence, than by law we exist after the body's gone. We will never be able to prove that with scientific fact though.

The only thing we have to prove it is paranormal investigations and NDE's. What I find amazing is how someone can be in the hospital, and then dies (heart has stopped, brain is totally dead, body has shutdown) and then they come back to life. The interesting part is when the person repeats a conversation the doctors and nurses were having, and claim they were watching them operate on him/her. The doctors or whoever then respond by saying "their right, that's what we were talking about" or "that is something I said." Sometimes they can even show them exactly where their hands were at the time or what they were doing. After that, even the Doctor say's a new age of science needs to be opened up on matter's like this, because at this moment it is truly unexplainable.

Then there's those who have been dead for days, and literally when they are about to get an autopsy, magically spring back to life. Funny thing is, with one they talked about God or the light, which sent them back. Then I wonder, why would anyone who was supposed to be and was dead for days, magically wake up on the autopsy table and make that claim? The first minute their back on Earth they want to become famous and make a story to get some TV time with media coverage? I just think there is more to it. Like i've stated before, im not placing a bible in front of my face for defense, or any religion, just factual stories I have read and found interesting, or at least two of them.
edit on 29-12-2010 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Archangelelijah

I really enjoyed that. That was an interesting take on it all.
Just wanted to say that.

And Randy. I was talking about "the last word" before.

You edited your post from "Anything else ?" to:

"Anything else?
Beer, cup of tea. coffee, a rope ?"

What a Christian - "A rope". So you're inferring that I kill myself?

That's very nice, and this is why I will never be a Christian again - because of this kind of attitude towards people who use logic.

Randy. I have not seen a single shred of logic or evidence, or even Science in this thread. You got the whole thermodynamics wrong, you proved that you don't read posts correctly, you show incredible anger and hopes of death to people who disagree with you.

Plus the Ad Hominems, and the dodging of questions. This seems to be a troll thread, with the OP not being aware he's a troll.

Funny. The ones who have been disagreeing with you have been the most respectful. You have shown otherwise.

This is hypocrisy at its finest, and what I love about this thread is how Randy keeps, as I said before, shooting himself in the foot and always has to have the last word. That edit with the whole rope-thing being the reason that I am NOT going to fall back now.

I can't believe you had to edit that post and put that kind of energy into it. I don't wish death upon ANYONE - especially not by rope. My best friend killed himself because he hung himself (only 1 1/2 years ago).

You have seriously pissed me off, but the thing about me is that I will kick your butt with knowledge, coherency, logic and information.

But I am already winning that fight, ain't I?

I bet I know way more about the bible than you do - as far as it's history, WHAT IT CONTAINS, etc.

Have you actually read the bible all the way through???
edit on 12/29/2010 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Hey My man can I ask you respectfully to edit your post? Just go back in and change it so that it's not one block of letters like that. we don't all have perfect vision stud .
edit on 29-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Impaired

Have you actually read the bible all the way through???

Why would I tell you if I have. I mean it's not like you weren't one of those in the parade of fools. Show'in off what an overbearing person you can be . All because I posted a thread that suggests something about our very existence on this earth. I simply saw something in science through my own research. I posted it hoping to hear
some intell on what I found.
True I expected it all, every bit of it. That makes it suck less? You've already said what you think I needed to hear.You said you were done .Or were you just to sweepy.

As for the rope thing it was still waiting on you as a joke. Not like I didn't think you would be back.Get over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You must be a troll.

If not.....troll'd

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by WalterRatlos

A logical fallacy? Isn't that an oxymoron? What is this? Scrabble anyone ? Somekind of word game?
How about one of you bums rewrite the friggen thing for me? From the same perposterous view point.

Perfect example of trolling and ignorance.

Calling a logical fallacy an oxymoron, then going off on a tangent about the words and not the actual meaning of "Logical Fallacy".

Randy seems to let his emotions override his logic.

Dude - seriously. Stop half-reading things, reading only want you want - BELIEVING ONLY WHAT YOU WANT, and going Ad Hominem. Since you don't want to read things completely, I'll help:

Ad hominem circumstantial

Ad hominem circumstantial points out that someone is in circumstances such that he is disposed to take a particular position. Ad hominem circumstantial constitutes an attack on the bias of a source. This is fallacious because a disposition to make a certain argument does not make the argument false; this overlaps with the genetic fallacy (an argument that a claim is incorrect due to its source).[citation needed] Where the source taking a position seeks to convince us by a claim of authority, or personal observation, observation of their circumstances may reduce the evidentiary weight of the claims, sometimes to zero.[4]

Examples: Mandy Rice-Davies's famous testimony during the Profumo Affair, "Well, he would [say that], wouldn't he?", is an example of a valid circumstantial argument. Her point was that since a man in a prominent position, accused of an affair with a callgirl, would deny the claim whether it was true or false, his denial, in itself, carries little evidential weight against the claim of an affair. Note, however, that this argument is valid only insofar as it devalues the denial; it does not bolster the original claim. To construe evidentiary invalidation of the denial as evidentiary validation of the original claim is fallacious (on several different bases, including that of argumentum ad hominem); however likely the man in question would be to deny an affair that did in fact happen, he could only be more likely to deny an affair that never did.

en.wikipedia.org...

You want me to kill myself because I am disagreeing with you.

Now, lets scale that up to the world and their Abrahamic religions.

If people who were so "religious" acted the way you do (attacking others the way you do because they disagree), then we would have problems in this word.

Oh crap, wait - we already do and the clash of religions are what is in the spotlight right now as we speak.

And no offense - I know it's in bad taste to attack someone because of their grammar, but it's beyond grammar. The lack of grammar skills is just more proof positive that Randy is incredibly ignorant to anything else besides his Christianity - and even that seems to be distorted.

There SEEMS TO BE (I try not to speak in absolutes) no knowledge of Science, Astronomy, and History in ANY of his posts. But he thinks he knows everything.

If you truly are intelligent, how about YOU tell me what an Ad Hominen is - based on the text I just inserted - in your own words? Are you up for the challenge?

Can you then trace back through your own posts and point out your Ad Hominems?

I expect to be responded to with more sarcasm, no answer to my question, and anger.

There is definitely some Oppositional Defiant (Syndrome)ness going on here. My friend who killed himself had ODS and I know it all too well.

But I should just go and kill myself, right?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You must be a troll.
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Oh I see how it is. You can believe in trolls but no one should believe in God.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

This is why I dont follow religions. Many, many people get so caught up in believing every single word in their text's that they hate others for not believing, they put them down, cause violence, and in the end ar as far away from their God as can be. Because if there God is real, it wouldn't want them to be negative and affect another human negatively because of different beliefs. It kinda ruins the whole point of the text's. To me religion is the downfall of man, considering their are too many problems that come with it that out-weigh the good. That's why I claim spirituality.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214

This is why I dont follow religions. Many, many people get so caught up in believing every single word in their text's that they hate others for not believing, they put them down, cause violence, and in the end ar as far away from their God as can be. Because if there God is real, it wouldn't want them to be negative and affect another human negatively because of different beliefs. It kinda ruins the whole point of the text's. To me religion is the downfall of man, considering their are too many problems that come with it that out-weigh the good. That's why I claim spirituality.

Exactly! I couldn't agree more!

Randy - we all have problems. We're all angry. We're all lost.

Admitting it is the first step. "Knowing is half the battle".

Do you subscribe to your religion to fill in a void, or are you truly Service to Others (STO) oriented?

Do you really care about your fellow human?

I know I do. And I know I can be wrong a lot of the times. I try to admit everything about myself that is wrong.
If I find myself to be wrong, I will go up in front of EVERYONE and say, "I was wrong".

And a lot of us believe in a god!!!!! JUST NOT YOURS! Why does that irk you folks so damn much??

I believe in a creator - like I said. But mine is a heck of a lot nicer than yours. In fact, mine doesn't judge and play favorites.

And I see I'm on ignore or something. Does that mean I won the argument?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

So I take it you're not going to edit that solid block of letters then? So I can read it with out getting a head ache.? No biggy most likely nothing of substance in it anyway. Thanks for your cooperation.

There it goes .

Impaired

And I see I'm on ignore or something. Does that mean I won the argument?

yes. Dude you so won now you get a cookie ! I take it you're gonna stick around for awhile?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

reply to post by FPB214

So I take it you're not going to edit that solid block of letters then? So I can read it with out getting a head ache.? No biggy most likely nothing of substance in it anyway. Thanks for your cooperation.

There it goes . Thank you! very much.

What a sarcastic unnecessary response! Is this for real? I am putting randy as a foe and I am leaving this thread, because I see *I* am turning into the troll now. I am letting this guy get the best of me - which is exactly what his motive appears to be.

Sick. Absolutely sick and twisted.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You have no idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You have no idea.

Peace. Good luck in life. I hope you can get a grip on your anger. It seems your religion isn't helping, so I also hope you find another way to keep it in check, not just for your benefit, but for the benefit of others.

Peace and rock on, fellow Metallica-fan.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

On a side note and to try and alleviate some of the anger between us before I go,

Oh ! Well I see no reason for you to start being a lady at this point.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

On a side note and to try and alleviate some of the anger between us before I go,

Oh ! Well I see no reason for you to start being a lady at this point.

Being nice is being a lady? Dude - do you want me to go???? And what is wrong with ladies? Crap - what's wrong with being nice and trying to send good vibes?

You're 51 years old according to your profile. That is a whole 20 years older than me. And look at the difference in posts. You are still trying to offend and be a jerk. 51 years old!!!!!!!!!

My main point of posting THIS post was so I could actually say, "Ok Randy, you're 20 years older than me, so you automatically get my respect".

But then I saw the post that I just quoted. You live up to your reputation here on ATS.

51 years old and acting like a 15 year old.

Are we going to stop going at eachother, or are we going to get to BRASS TACKS and get down to business? Are you going to present backups to your arguments? Are you going to provide ANY INFO for your arguments besides that from a bible? Or are you just going to continue acting like an angry kid?

YOU MADE THIS THREAD. It has now turned into a joke. And why the hell am I playing MOD here???

Either get back on topic (I am just as guilty for feeding into your crap), or STOP WITH THE LAST WORD. Everytime you have to have your last word, it will be bumped by MY last word, thus this will never end.

Do you want to throw away personal attacks and have a real debate or what?????? If not, then just say no and I will leave!

The more you keep insulting me, the more I will stay (against my wishes) - but at the same token your intentions and your show of character will indeed show. So please make a decision!!!!

Debate or Stop.

2 Choices.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

lmao

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

lmao

I'll take that as a no, Mr. Last Word.

I am really not giving you any more of my energy, so I will leave this thread for real this time. I've spent almost 4 hours in total arguing with an extremely narrow minded adult who is 20 years older than me - and have not just gotten nowhere, but have gotten verbally attacked, and had no questions answered.

But before I go, lets not edit any previous posts and add personal attacks, ok? At least I have you quoted for the most part and your words show that you are a troll indeed.

And now this thread will die in 3, 2, (Randy's last-word-post to me), 1, and it's done!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Dude you've been leaving for three pages now.
Gitter dun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join