It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God did it !

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

"God did it!"

Please don't be fools like O'Reilly who's so uneducated he attributes the tides to god...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
There must be another factor that involves the energy of the universe.

I heard something about the most simple answer, is usually the right answer, somewhere I think.

God did it.

Yes of course I suppose you could call the creator of any illusion the god of that illusion.

Say, let me ask you this in-so-as energy is concerned: What energy lights your dreams? What powers the sun that illuminates the landscape that you experience in a dream. And, just who are and where did all those other people come from and all that 'stuff' that fills our dreams?

Maybe all of this is just another illusion, gods dream if you prefer. I know I've been fooled by dreams/illusions before, many times before. Why is this time any different than the other times I had been fooled by a non-lucid dream?

Maybe life is just a dream and everything always was and always will be an illusion. Why would it need be anything more if all it needs to be is believable. Gods matrix, the multiverse, that definition of everything that nothing is not which always was and always will be, could just be an elaborate illusion and death could merely be the awakening from one dream and finding ourselves within another. It sure seems to work that way. I've been fooled by dreams before, but this time I'm not going to be such a fool, ha. It's all just a dream, just like I was fooled before .. but not this time.

Now, lol, let's see if we can test this theory and see if we can turn all this into a nightmare and scare ourselves awake ha.

It's always just a dream, and we are all god, the dreamer, the creator .. collectively, as we all are in all our dreams. It's US! We're that god.

Oh, and remember, there really is only ONE within any dream that's pretending to be it all and everything .. so remember that before y'all kick or kill something within any dream !!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yaphun

Telling them they are irrational and their threads should be deleted is being irrational yourself.

LOL - So someone states evolution is not true, this is irrational, there is evidence proving this very theory. If you are to call me irrational for merely pointing out irrationality, isn't this irrational in itself?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by randyvs

Didn't want any response from you, your attitude has been made well clear in this thread - I'm simply warning other users about these type of threads and the type of people behind them.

Nothing's up, i'm all good, fella

edit on 7/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

Ok you're " all good ", but the what's up wasn't directed at you. It's just a common mistake people make. No biggy.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No problem. Cool story anyway; Was entertaining, if nothing else.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I knew you'd warm up to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Love how you got a star for that last post

Peace out bro, perhaps we'll meet again. Keep up your amazing work.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
250,000BC: "Oh look, fire...we can't explain it, god did it!"

3000BC: "Damn, all our crops are dying...we can't explain it, god did it!!"

10AC: "Look at that huuuuuge comet...we can't explain it, god did it!!"

1000AC: "Damn, she cured that man with those herbs...she must be possessed by the devil!!"

2011: "Scientists can't explain the big bang...so obviously god did it!!"

Am I the only one who sees this strategy of attributing complexity and things we don't understand to a deity isn't working out that well?? For crying out loud, it got a HORRIBLE track record, lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

double post

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Every time we gain knowledge of reality and our universe, they can just infer that knowledge to "God".

"That's God"

"Oh, that was God too"

"Evolution? God STARTED it"

"LOLS - You can't prove us wrong therefore it remains as truth"

In essense it pretty much explains Pantheism, which i think is just simply a labelling faith, and pointless.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by yaphun

Telling them they are irrational and their threads should be deleted is being irrational yourself.

LOL - So someone states evolution is not true, this is irrational, there is evidence proving this very theory. If you are to call me irrational for merely pointing out irrationality, isn't this irrational in itself?

Excuse me ?
When did I call you irrational for calling out irrationality ? I was pointing out that you trying to silence someone with a different opinion then yourself is not very rational. No matter how wrong that person is, believe me I know how wrong Randy is.

I understand mocking some of his ideas, I understand completely ignoring some of his posts, I understand laughing out loud when I read some of his idea, FFS Sometimes I read one of randy's post and I want to poke my brain with a q-tip in hopes that the memory goes away.

Saying his posts should be deleted is the same as saying I cannot refute what he said so get it the # out of here. If you do this and then claim you have won is irrational and a creationist move.

In closing :
I think you should watch a few more YouTube videos before you have the right to silence anyone.
edit on 7-1-2011 by yaphun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yaphun

I only seek to deny ignorance.

Again, i can't say whether God exists or not, No human can claim to such knowledge, no human can provide evidence for such revealed wisdom.

My position is humble and honest; "I don't know" Agnostic Atheism.

I therefore believe, anyone claiming to know God, and go further and claim to know "his" thoughts and desires is doing so without any evidence, this is false, this is irrational. Personal experience is not realiable conviction for an argument. For i could see the same phenomenon as someone else, they may believe it's God, while i may not.

No scientist, achealogist, historian, theologian, mathematician has ever demonstrated the existence of a GOD, let alone and omnipotent God, no person could go further and claim to know the desires of this being.

What is your problem with my position? I'm here to challenge unprovable metaphysical claims, especially regarding a supernatural being, because i believe these beliefs to be irrational and based only on blind faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by yaphun

What is your problem with my position? I'm here to challenge unprovable metaphysical claims, especially regarding a supernatural being, because i believe these beliefs to be irrational and based only on blind faith.

Good for you. Now try to do it in a fair, honest and rational way.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

1000AC: "Damn, she cured that man with those herbs...she must be possessed by the devil!!"

Am I the only one who sees this strategy of attributing complexity and things we don't understand to a deity isn't working out that well?? For crying out loud, it got a HORRIBLE track record, lol.

See that's it exactly. Mr. X. The very idea of this thread. What I'm trying to say is this.
Weather or not we can explain it makes no difference. Science can only explain how
God did it.
I knew you would be the one to catch on . You get a cookie.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But you're implying god's existence without having any evidence for his/her/its existence. You are filling a gap in knowledge with magic!!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

"God of the Gaps"...
edit on 1/7/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yaphun

Thanks, I just have done. If you think i have been malicious with my comments, then please. Go ahead and report me to the mods.

What is it with people and thinking that religion should go unchallenged and be respected? If you had the same irrational arguments in the arena of medicine, sport or politics you would be defeated. And besides, the arguments or beliefs in regards to medicine, sport and politics are based on EVIDENCE.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And i ask, who is more humble?

Someone who doesn't have evidence to assert a belief (Agnostic Atheist)

Someone who believes in God, but agrees that no human couldn't claim to know this being's desires (Deist)

Or someone who states God does exist, and that they know "his "desires and commands (Theist)

Who is more humble? Who is more honest? Who is more courageous?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Thanks, I just have done. If you think i have been malicious with my comments, then please. Go ahead and report me to the mods.
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Do you think you have been malicious? I'm just say'in something about what I believe about existence. You can't prove it isn't true. All you can do is protest with fingerpointing and conjecture. Hardly scientific.

Awake

Or someone who states God does exist, and that they know "his "desires and commands (Theist)

I assert there must be a God. I look for a communication from him. The Bible is the closest thing I can find to that. Hence I know what he wants. ABC 123 Breathe in Exhale . Simplicity in it's most logical form.
edit on 7-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by yaphun

What is it with people and thinking that religion should go unchallenged and be respected? If you had the same irrational arguments in the arena of medicine, sport or politics you would be defeated. And besides, the arguments or beliefs in regards to medicine, sport and politics are based on EVIDENCE.

Again I never said religion should go unchallenged and be respected.
My meaning was you should go about it in a fair, honest and rational way.

Funny how lots of the youtube atheists ITT love pointing out logical fallacies yet are quick to use the same fallacies.

awake_and_aware you are preaching that is all.

edit on 7-1-2011 by yaphun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join