It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Allowing soldiers to be openly gay in the military is damaging morale of the heterosexual men and women's strong religious beliefs. Perhaps the gay soldiers have their own unit? When it comes to the battle front these units could be used to do the first sweep in to enemy lines and if they return back alive they should be charged for going AWOL.

Separate but equal right? Charged for going AWOL? wow.

Separate but equal was doctrine abandoned by US Supreme Court in Brown v. Board of Education (1954). They declared that separate but equal with regard to segregating minorities was inherently unequal.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I don't think the troops need a lot of grab assing going on.

When I was in the service we did not have to worry about gays bugging us.

Its not good.

We need people that will kill the enemy, not check out their butts.

Israel's troops don't seem to suffer from too much distraction when killing Palestinian women and children. Your attitude carries the inherent message that women don't belong in the US military either because they would distract the men. Maybe you should lobby to prevent women from voting and owning property too?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
No Clue if this has been said yet but just to clear things up.

Subject: Request for Relief from Command due to Personal Moral Conflict with New Homosexual Policy 1. I respectfully request to be relieved of Command of XXX Squadron, XXX Cavalry prior to new policy implementation subsequent to the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." My personal religious beliefs and moral convictions do not permit me to treat homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle, compatible with military service, any more than adultery, illicit drug use, or criminal activity. I believe this lifestyle runs counter to good order and discipline in military units, and I refuse to sacrifice my belief system, protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, in order to fall in line with the command policy that will logically follow. This new policy will undoubtedly include mandatory sensitivity training as well as same-sex partner inclusion in Family Readiness Group activities and integration into the full spectrum of other military benefits, as well as a whole new category of discrimination standards and investigative procedures. I will not, as a commander, put my signature on a training schedule or other document recognizing or legitimizing any of these things that contradict my personal beliefs. 2. I would like to remain in the XXX Army National Guard until I am eligible for retirement (at 20 years and 0 days), which would be in the late summer of 2012, but on grounds of my religious beliefs, I will not attend sensitivity or behavior modification training consequential to this policy change, even if it means disciplinary action. I regret that I cannot continue to serve in the military further, but feel that my efforts would be insincere because my heart will no longer be in it."

While I disagree with his views...he has a valid reason that is very legal. Although it is sad that he is so shallow minded that he can't inform his troops of the new policy.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

While I disagree with his views...he has a valid reason that is very legal. Although it is sad that he is so shallow minded that he can't inform his troops of the new policy.

True - - although someone posted that this is a made up fake letter - - to fit the story. I don't know.

How about part 2 - - where it says he hopes to remain in the military.

2. I would like to remain in the XXX Army National Guard until I am eligible for retirement (at 20 years and 0 days), which would be in the late summer of 2012, but on grounds of my religious beliefs, I will not attend sensitivity or behavior modification training consequential to this policy change, even if it means disciplinary action. I regret that I cannot continue to serve in the military further, but feel that my efforts would be insincere because my heart will no longer be in it."

"I will not be the person who forces this training on my soldiers," the officer, whose identity was being protected, told WND. He plans to go on the record as soon as he discusses his request with his chain of command.

"These people want to serve. I want to serve. I love my job, but I can't do this job once they begin to implement this policy," he told WND.

-----------------------------------------------------

I am sure many gays who were outed under DADT would love to have stayed in until retirement also.

The Military is a government agency. Why should religious belief be grounds for anything?

Why should a "belief" of any kind be a valid reason to refuse Military policy?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I have been going through this bible like crazy and I still cannot get it.

Your god will be ok with the fact that you kill anyone your government orders you too as long as you do not teach people to be tolerant of gays?

Can anyone give me a chapter and verse to start with?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The people who use Adam/Eve to argue against letting gays openly serve in the military apparently haven't arrived in the 21st century yet.

We know the whole Adam/Eve story is total hogwash because the theory of evolution hasn't been debunked in 150 years and it proved beyond doubt that man didn't just pop up in its current form...which goes against the genesis account. If something as crucial as this is wrong, it's conceivable that the rest of the book isn't 100% factual either. Which means you can't use it to argue modern day politics!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I may get banned for saying this since being anti-homosexual-anti-sodomite has become some kind of crime in my country but, as a Veteran and 12th Generation American, I don't want to know about someone's sexual habits or lifestyle when it is something that offends me and is certainly not something I would want my children exposed to. I don't care if everyone in America thinks "Homosexuality Is Okay", I don't care if everyone in America thinks "Gay Marriage Is Okay" and I don't care if everyone in American thinks our military should be forced to accept what is immoral and an abomination, I am against it, always have been and always will be. I am so glad to hear that some in our military are saying "Enough Is Enough"!!

edit on 2-1-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
probably off topic
edit on 2-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by pilotdavems
It was Adam and Eve folks. Not Adam and Steve. I'll stand with the colonel.

One of the most correct and eloquent replies on this thread.

Of course, broodOfSnakes will post some nefarious reply.

I'm glad to hear that my original hypothesis on your argument styles were correct.

You have nothing.

Most Christian sects don't even try to push such ridiculous non-facts like the story of Adam and Eve as anything other than an interpretable biblical reference....

But I guess if you read the Bible.... you wouldn't be sitting here arguing with me about it.... it's a trend among you "Christians"... not reading that book that you claim to base your life on... fortunately I have read it three different times now and can spot your kind like a zit on a celebrity.

Continue your stampede to tout a lifestyle you never earned whilst praising yourself for obeying a book you never read. Surely the gays are the ones not mentally/emotionally stable enough to be representing our country overseas with firearms.

If heterosexuality is oh so holy.... how come all it ever taught you is how to shoot down someone who drew a different set of cards in life than you?

You think this behavior is "Christian"? Think again, Pharisee, it is Jewish; Zionist.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
**** LAST CHANCE ****

Posting Bans await those who refuse to remain on topic and post in a civil manner.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Damn look at all the people above me.

But On Topic:

I think it was Gandhi who said, "I like your Christ, Not so much your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

A Very true statement by a very wise man.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Brood,

I've read the Bible cover to cover...and have the answer to this quote of yours here.
Dont worry here as many who Believe and have read the Bible cannot themselves comprehend what I am going to tell you and they here after quoting you....

But I guess if you read the Bible.... you wouldn't be sitting here arguing with me about it.... it's a trend among you "Christians"... not reading that book that you claim to base your life on... fortunately I have read it three different times now and can spot your kind like a zit on a celebrity.

Continue your stampede to tout a lifestyle you never earned whilst praising yourself for obeying a book you never read. Surely the gays are the ones not mentally/emotionally stable enough to be representing our country overseas with firearms.

Your methods and motives here are textbook of pubic education standards...meaning a television and movie education majoring mostly in emotions and instant gratification.

What is also true today is that many Believers are in the same boat..emotional instant gratification and themselves don't know the difference. Hence an inability to defend against your "emotions."

What is known by Believers with the ability to read and Understand the Word...is that no where in the Olde and or the New Testament is there any instruction to define ones self by their sexuality or sexual orientation...ever!!
It does not exist.

This is because doing so was already thoroughly being done in the Heathen nations which Surrounded Ancient Israel and also which surround the New Testament Church. This is also an important concept kept out of the knowledge of even Secular History. It simply is not taught as to what was going on in most nations back then.
One can find this history but one must dig extensively to locate it.

The heathens already had sex, sexuality, and sexual orientation thoroughly covered in their practices, traditions, and customs. This is also the customs, practices, and traditions which began to secretly and privily be infiltrated into Ancient Israel in an attempt to overlay these onto the Law of Moses as if it was the Law of Moses when it was no such thing. This is why Ancient Israel lost the land by 70AD....their Whoredoms. The overall word to describe this secret overlaying as if it was the Law..is....whoredom/whoredoms.
Once Ancient Israel began down this road..it becomes clear to the knowledgeable Believer that Ancient Israel had switched gods privily and told no one they had done this.
So too is it with this nation and the knowledgeable can easily demonstrate thus. Our government too has switched gods and told no one they have done this.
For our government has switched from the God of the Bible and not defining ourselves by our sex, sexuality, sexual orientation to the god of this world and the god of sex, sexuality, sexual orientation.
To the god/gods of the nations which surrounded Ancient Israel as well as surrounded the Christian Church.

And the military is become a testing ground to carry out the customs, practices, and traditions as was being done in the nations surrounding Ancient Israel as well as the Christian Church. Most peoples educated in public schools cannot see this for what it is. And no where out here ...even now in the military will this view and understanding be allowed to be spoken in lieu of the drama techniques which pass for politic today. And politic is mostly concerned with the votes this group can get them. They are not interested in the pubic felicity. For it is known by students of history that politics will sell the very soul/souls of a nation for lucre.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 3-1-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

That is some seriously good information Orangetom.

The destruction of the ethics of the Law of Moses has always been the cornerstone in Rome's challenge to become the dominant power player in the world.
The most ironic thing about this ethic, is that wealth on an individual scale was the result of the "Protestant Ethic" in the United States, according to Sociologist Max Weber.
This continued chiseling of the ethics of the Law of Moses is how this country could possibly implode.
And it is a continuation of the plans of Caesar.
War by deception. Divide and Conquer.

I want to make this clear to everyone. I am not a believing Christian, but Orangetom has a very good handle on his knowledge of the faiths of Abraham.
And the religion of the Vatican has been long infiltrated.

I am interested to hear your personal views on homosexuality.
I do not care what someone wants to do, if it is consenting between two parties, but the propaganda matrix that surrounds us is using the homosexual agenda to divide the people of this country.

As George Carlin said "why are the gays the only minority to be openly what they are?"
"You never hear of someone being openly Black or Latin or Asian?"

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
I want to make this clear to everyone. I am not a believing Christian, but Orangetom has a very good handle on his knowledge of the faiths of Abraham.

I really do not care - even a micro/nano-fraction - - - what the bible says or those who choose to believe it.

The Military is NOT a church!

EQUAL is EQUAL - - period!

EVERY able bodied citizen deserves the right to defend their country.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

For our government has switched from the God of the Bible and not defining ourselves by our sex, sexuality, sexual orientation to the god of this world and the god of sex, sexuality, sexual orientation.

To the god/gods of the nations which surrounded Ancient Israel as well as surrounded the Christian Church.

What a load of twisted application.

Sexual attraction is not SEX. Sex is an act. Whoredom would be using sex.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join