It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CommonPeople

If you're not faking it, you're one of those obnoxiously gay people who's entire identity is based on your sexual preference, who would never join the military anyway, and if you did would probably be beaten to a pulp for pushing it on insecure people. But I think you're faking it, yes. Linking to gay sites somehow proves something? Anybody can google those.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Easy, Sherlocks.

He's obviously a member of the GOP trying to create an overtly militant homosexual that wants to change everyone and "destroy the American Family".

Because it is the only way that they can continue to speak as if they exist.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Exactly. That was obvious from his/her very first post. It's a completely transparent tactic, used all too often by ignorant people who think they're clever.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CommonPeople

Give it a rest. You're not fooling anybody.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.
Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

That means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in warnings and/or post removals...up to and including the thread's being closed.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

edit on Fri Dec 31 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Data is data, yes true. I was in math for gifted class since 5th grade when I was in school. In 6th grade, the teacher was a really fun and interesting teacher. During the graph plotting and statistics chapter, we were taught how to manipulate numbers to "prove" ideas we knew where false. It was eye opening, and interesting chapter in math. Given enough numbers and data to plot, clip the graph at the right place, and bingo, you can convince most idiots of anything.

So basically if you disagree with a data set or poll, you just declare that it's not indicative of anything because you were shown that data can be manipulated in 5th grade, but if you find data that agrees with your personal opinion, you will cite it as sound science? Is that basically the subtext I am reading? Data is manipulated all the time by politicians and the media.

FYI - I have no study, genius. I was simply making a statement regarding MANY studies that a poster quoted earlier. They all agree.. many different ones by different people at different times. The data is always very similar, regardless of the study or who is doing it. Why would all those researchers want to manipulate data to make homosexuals look bad? Bad bad homosexuals. They're evil, let's all get together and prove it!. Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

Dude, we're not going to get any support in this thread. This is my last post in here, since I am being attacked and words are being put in my mouth by people with an agenda.

Out.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Actually, since I know data can be clipped and manipulated, and most people will not take the time to backtrack your dataplotting and numbers because they are too busy watching TV, I know not to take any seriously, until I have vetted it all myself. People will lie and manipulate numbers these days, because most people are too lazy and stupid, and will take the graphs as gospel.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Actually, since I know data can be clipped and manipulated, and most people will not take the time to backtrack your dataplotting and numbers because they are too busy watching TV, I know not to take any seriously, until I have vetted it all myself. People will lie and manipulate numbers these days, because most people are too lazy and stupid, and will take the graphs as gospel.

Yes TKDRL. Studies are not free. Who ever is paying for a study - - is paying for it to come out in their favor.

Like the guy I talked with who had been a Poll designer. ALL polls are designed to lean a certain way - - by manipulating how sentences are worded - - if questions are listed first or last - - etc.

I would love to believe an AMA study - - but - with corporate greed these days - - "which new drug is being pushed"?

Before accepting any Data - - who ordered it and why? Who paid for it? What do they gain from the results?

I am not going to accept any data on gays from any religious organization. Period!

------------------------------------------------

On Topic: If you don't follow orders in the military - - you need to leave.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Good. There should be no hate laws denying two consenting adults the opportunity to form the same partnerships as anybody else. This is supposed to be the land of the free, but in reality we are one of the least free countries on the planet, what a joke we've become.

There aren't any laws denying two consenting adults to do whatever they want. Where are you getting this? Our country allows this! The issue here is about same sexed couple demanding more than just freedom to do what they want behind closed doors - they want civil rights within the military culture. There are NO rights when you agree to join the military, other than what they afford you. Why can't you folks grasp this? The military is its OWN CULTURE, in which civilians cannot and SHOULD NOT be allowed to push their agendas.

If I were in a military unit with an outspoken christian, I would still fight alongside him and protect him as I would anybody else in my unit. Unlike gays, alot of religious people love to try and convert people.

And guess what? In the workplace, that is not allowed either. I have heard of religious radicals being discharged as well. However, a respect for God, in general, is observed in all the branches, religion aside.

Anybody with a clear head and a healthy body, who does not victimize others, is just as capable as anybody else to serve in the military.

Exactly, and this is the very reason why DADT was put in place. The military already allowed homosexuals to serve under conditions, which they didn't have to, unless the liberals wanted to be reelected, of course. To take this concept any further by adding in sexual "rights", would be to diminish and contradict this concept. So which is it?

Please enlighten us as to which other groups they keep out, besides criminals.

Really? Forgive me, but this is the very reason why civilians shouldn't be interfering in military affairs. I'd be happy to enlighten you. (This is for Marine Corps standards, since the other branches may vary slightly).

1. Overweight people (you have to be within weight standards prior to joining).

2. Short people (although there is no longer a height cutoff, if a "little person" tried to join, I'd bet my next paycheck they would be disqualified - if anyone has a claim to genetics, its these folks.)

3. Those in which all medical conditions such as eye, hearing, dental, and physical tests must be passed. Those with missing organs, missing limbs, asthma, blood disorders, if one leg is shorter than the other, pregnant, VD, etc., are all disqualified.

4. Those who have not graduated high school, or at least have a GED (for the USMC), but even GED's are seldom accepted.

5. Those who have too many dependents. If you're married with kids, you have to be willing to submit to a financial overview to show how you can support your family, because PFC pay cannot support a small family. Someone who comes in with several kids, forget it.

6. Those who fall into the proper age bracket....for the Marine Corps, you cannot be older than 27. However, if you pass a PFT and are between 27 and 32 (or maybe it's 34, I can't remember), you can apply for a waiver. If you DO get accepted, you have to sign an agreement that states you understand that many people who will be your superiors will be younger than you.

7. Those with "sleeve" tattoos, neck tattoos, gang related tattoos, derogatory tattoos, body piercings, or any other bodily disfigurement done out of adornment. All these items must be properly removed or surgically fixed before the applicant can apply, which is still not a guarantee for acceptance. Marines do get tattoos, but they must get permission and submit the artwork prior to getting it done, and they must fall into certain regulations. If they don't, they risk not getting promoted, being forced to have the tattoo removed, or get discharged, if the tattoo does not fall into acceptable ranges.

8. Those with felony convictions, outstanding warrants, outstanding tickets, pending legal issues to include divorce, etc. Misdemeanors can be waivered, depending on the reason, but the applicant must submit substantial paperwork to include recommendation letters to vouch for them.

9. Those who are drug users, no matter how "small". If you pop positive, there's no tolerance. You must be clean and stay clean....period.

10. Those who cannot pass the ASVAB test.

11. Those who are bipolar, who are diagnosed with depression or with depression in their background, and those who are alcoholics. Depending on the time gap on some of these, they MAY be waivered with substantial medical screening.

12. Those who are "conscientious objectors"....such as those who require Sundays off due to religious beliefs, those who must adhere to strict religious practices that would interfere with their military duties, those who are required to wear religious items, such as uncut hair, head dresses, etc. Although efforts are made to accommodate specific requests, the individual must understand that his/her military duties come first.

There's more, but you get the idea. Upon being signed up, the applicant signed a consent form for the DADT policy, regardless if they were gay or not. This is understood up front, so the military members understood and AGREED to the conditions set forth before joining.

If you honestly can't understand these concepts, you should see the requirements for applying to Disney and Hooters. Every organization has a need to fill, and certain people cannot fill that need properly or will detract from what the organization needs to do. You don't see 300 pound women demanding "rights" to be allowed to work for Hooters, nor do you see men demanding their rights to keep their mustaches or tattoos of naked women when they go to work for Disney. You don't see women demanding to be hired by the NFL or women demanding to be allowed to become Catholic Priests. Some things are just common sense and are dominated by people/genders who naturally fit the descriptions and requirements. When you agree to work for an organization, you agree to abide by their requirements and rules, or look for employment elsewhere....period.

I honestly don't understand where this sense of entitlement comes from. There are plenty of places to go and be gay and be proud and be accepted. They can have all the rights they want if they get a different job, and can even get married if they move to a different state. We all gravitate towards those groups who are more aligned with what we think and feel. There are some states I wouldn't want to live in, so I don't. I moved. Big freakin' deal. But I what I DON'T do, is sit where I am and demand that everyone else around me changes to suit my needs while I hamper the productivity and atmosphere of those around me.

I'm sure you've seen the many officers that were discharged for 'telling'. They weren't dressing in drag and calling everybody "girlfriend". You would have never known they were gay. I would argue that the more feminine in the gay community will likely have no desire to join the armed forces in a combat role. They discharged good soldiers, with good records who had never made passes at other soldiers in the showers, simply because they let slip their preference. It's ridiculous, in these times we need all the good help we can get.

Proof? Who are these officers you're talking about? And furthermore, it's seldom the "gay" part that gets someone kicked out. Usually, they're a major pain in the ass, and the gay issue just helps that out. Most times, they are guilty of other substandard behaviors, but because they can't seem to take their pills, they go to the media and cry foul. The media then eats it up and says, "it's because he was GAY". It's a catch 22 for the military, because they can't defend themselves by defaming this person in public, so they let it go. Although, they should defend themselves, in my opinion.

edit on 31-12-2010 by Gseven because: content

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Yes TKDRL. Studies are not free. Who ever is paying for a study - - is paying for it to come out in their favor....

...I am not going to accept any data on gays from any religious organization. Period!

On Topic: If you don't follow orders in the military - - you need to leave.

So we're at a stalemate. There will never be any evidence you will accept, unless it comes out in your favor. You will inevitably find some "link" to invalidate it. In turn, can you not see that those who feel the opposite have the same opinion? In this regard, we are not so different.

On topic response: Funny, but we're the ones that made that up first....hundreds of years ago. We're not the ones attempting to change the laws and orders so we can stay in and do what we what.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I want to say one last thing...none of my gay FRIENDS in the military have ever waved the gay flag or made a stink or demanded anything, (some gays have, but I was never friends with them). They are secure with who they are and have no desire to demand changes. They are career military persons. Obviously, if they weren't happy, they wouldn't be there, and I know for a fact that several of them are annoyed with the activists making trouble for them. Even when changes come, they will never bring their personal lives into the workplace...not because they are afraid, but because they operate on a higher level of professionalism.

THAT'S why we are friends. Their "gayness" doesn't define who they are.

edit on 31-12-2010 by Gseven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Gseven,

Thank goodness someone else gets it.

For some years now I finally figured out what was wrong with the whole program/scam which is being foisted off on the public.

People are so much more than their sexuality. So ..So..So...much more.

For a people to declare who and what they are by sexuality or sexual orientation is the apex of stupid. Yet we have here a body politic turning such nonsense into institutional stupidity for political lucre and also using/misusing the cloistered environment of the military to aid in their political whoredoms.

Politics is using/misusing the military as a litmus test to sell the very soul of a nation to this false template.

I am not speaking against sexuality here. I am speaking against stupidity.

People are so much more than sexuality...gay and straight both. One does not declare their acceptability on the basis of their sexuality. In the military as well as civilian occupations it is on the basis of job knowledge...ie...professionalism.

You have it exactly correct...Gseven...professionalism....in the military ..also..Honor. Not sexuality.

Only public education non standards can get a public dumbed down so far as to think that people are to be honored/accepted for their sexuality/sexual orientation. Astonishing!!

People describe or define themselves by their lineage, their occupations, or some work they have done and left to posterity..not by their sexuality or sexual orientation.

Good to see that someone else understands it without alot of drama.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Wrong. They didn't have to lie. They simply kept it private....no one will ask, and you don't tell. And even then, DADT was merely a guidance system for those who wanted to use it.

Unless we, the military, determined that their sexual activity was no procreative... it was not a guidance system... it was MANDATORY.... unless you stuck your penis inside a vagina to rectify yourself to the (rather brainless) club of straight boys.

I will ask the same question of you....why will the fact that they can now talk about their sex life at work make them, or anyone around them for that matter, do their jobs any better?

Why would being accepted at your job for all of the exact thigs as your other coworkers accepted for make you more motivated to put the effort in to your job?

Is that a serious question?

Because if you can't figure it out...

...there are about 40 million psychology publications you can educate yourself with.

The logic works both ways. I knew LOTS of gay folks that I never reported....but I could have. If they were as much as a pain in the ass as some here, I probably would have considered it. Who would want to work around this day in and day out, regardless of what the topic is about?

In the military that the heterosexuals own! It's not the country's military... just the heterosexual men's. Gotcha. They should be protected at work.... provided they are sleeping with the opposite gender.

Gotcha, kid. Gotcha.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Brood because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2011 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"You can't be in the military and defend your country because you have red hair".

Is as ridiculous as it sounds.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
"You can't be in the military and defend your country because you have red hair".

Is as ridiculous as it sounds.

Nah it's much worse than that.

They don't care about the hair on your head.

They don't judge you on anything that isn't covered by your underwear.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join