It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KDM_Souljah

Seriously - - could you stop calling people names - - by derogatory labels.

I'm sure (well maybe) you are capable of communicating without derogatory slurs.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Why are not women on the front line?

Women in the US military are not on the front line because MAN won't allow it.

There are women in the military fighting for the right to be on the front line.

Exactly.
Now you know the answer.

Reminder for those not getting the picture. PLEASE GOOGLE FEMALE ENGAGEMENT TEAMS, THEY ARE ON THE FRONT LINES, RIGHT NOW!!! The world has changed, the type of engagement has changed. This is not the jungle anymore, this is not your father's army.

All caps to get the point across about the Women in combat right now. They might not be in special forces or seal teams, but you take a look on you tube at the Iowa National Guard FET teams - at those women speaking arabic and going right into those villages next to their brothers in arms. You know what, their ability to reach out to the women in those villages may in fact save a few MALE lives. But sorry to get off topic.

First it was Blacks
Then Females
Now Gays

The military is a place for grown ups. The homophobic immaturity on this thread leaves me stunned. So many pages and posts and:
MOST service members currently or recently or some formerly in are letting you know: WE DON'T GIVE A $HEAT! You got a problem with this take it to your representative. Maybe not, it is just easier to come here and attack and throw your ugly around and even type your "feelings" about what these adults do in the privacy of their own homes with their "bits" and such. YUCK! What is wrong with YOU to write such things? Do you have FETISH about what other people do? It is none of YOUR business, stop worrying about other people! And for those "God" types take the plank our of your EYE. You can be all smug at judgement OK? Let the Lord (if there is one) do the judging . . . you might find your own self over that "drop floor" yourself measure for measure and all!

Those of you who can't deal with the current tempo that includes blacks, women and homosexuals in the military . . . don't join, or just be happy you had a different kind of military back in your '"glory days" ~ surround yourself with like minded people and don't worry about what will have NO personal effect on YOU!

You realy are the village idiot now, i have not in anyway been hateful or discriminated against gay people in this whole thread, have you read the entire thread,no you havent,

Sexuality has no place in the military and the only reason being hetrosexual is known in the military is becuase thats what has always been the case, do i need it shoved down my throat that the guy next to me in his bunk is a gay, no i dont, does he need to know my story or sexual prefernces no,i also dont need to know what sick dirty things people get up too,

Are you male or female / yes or no thats all that matters
sexuality is no ones buisness

only sicko's try and make out all this stuff is completely normal and we all have to agree and accept it, ehh no i dont and i can say what i want about it,tell my kids its wrong,i have a right to dictate my own morality of whats right and wrong

im pretty sure the bible and christianity does not agree with homosexuality and any one saying they are gay and christian is perverting that religion, im also sure gays are gonna burn in hell forever by christian and for that matter and in other religions view as well

But i suppose im wrong for not agreeing that being gay is normal and that by opposing it is wrong, what a warped bunch of people you are.

What happened to freedom of thought and freedom to make up my mind what is wrong.

i can tell you what happened , this board is full of people with one view of things and think they are right and anyone who doesnt conform is subjected to hate, what a bunch of hypocrites

You have the freedom to keep your opionion to yourself now.
You have obvious mental health problems.
This board is full of people who do not agree with you - are getting that message? Your response is that we are village idiots and genetically retarded - do I have this right - or have I confused you with some other poster?
I am beginning to think you have multiple personality disorder because you cannot have it both ways.
You cannot hate - and then cry foul when people tell you that is a problem - and accuse them of hate.
This topic is about the Military and Don't Ask don't tell - which obviously you are NOT part of nor do you understand. Why don't you start your own thread on this topic about Homosexuality you have hijacked this thread with your views.

Gay people can keep thier sexuality to themselves

just becuase i dont agree with you does not make me mental

the board can be full to the rafters for all i care with people who disagree with me and thats ok by me, i still have a right to an opinion, i didnt ask you to agree with it

when did i say everyone here were village idiots, i think if you look , you will see i said that about one person

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I have no idea what you are talking about. Did you even read my post? Did you mean to respond to someone else? I think you have the wrong post in your reply.

I don't think she meant you Sinnthia.

I think she thought she was addressing Souljah.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Okay, then heterosexuals can keep their sexuality to themselves. They also won't be allowed to get married. How does that compromise sound?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beowolfs

You don’t think the military would love to have more people join? Of coarse they would! If however they are hesitant to recruit people with different sexual orientation, then it stands to reason they have most likely thought about the pros and cons and decided it was not in their best interest.

What I have to say about that is - - many leaders in this country come from a Christian mentality.

Too bad. Religious beliefs have no business in the military.

Separation of Church and State. The Military is a government job. There is NO Room for Religious bigotry - fear - prejudice - dogma - antiquated belief - etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

the dont ask dont tell should apply too everyone

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinnthia

Sorry I meant to reply to KDM - when there are multiple quotations it gets confusing.
This poster seems to believe gay people cannot have children and I am pointing out that this is not in fact true.

Yes - - I have pointed out earlier in the thread - - that gays have perfectly normal reproductive systems.

Many through history have produced children by having sex with the opposite sex.

However - - if you are straight and suddenly find yourself in a country - - that requires you to mate with "same gender" - - how would this affect you - - mentally - psychologically - etc.

Its a heavy price to pay - - to fit into accepted society.

And gays should never have to pay this price.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
First of all we - none of us - have a clue what this "training" will entail, so I'd think it's pretty early for anyone to jumping the gun and presupposing the content and intent of it.

That said, I think the light colonel, if quoted accurately, is an idiot and probably shouldn't be considered an adequate leader. Though to be fair, god knows he wouldn't be the first or the last moron in officer's clothing!

Thing is, if his ass was on the line and pinned down by enemy fire, I can guarantee the last thing he'd be worrying about was some high religious crap principles. Or the sexual orientation of the guy with the machine gun covering him and keeping him alive.

Sorry MA, but separate showers aren't usually much of a military option, especially for foot soldiers in the field where showers at all are a rare and precious thing for weeks on end.

Someone else suggested separate units just for gays and lesbians. Right.

While were at it, lets just de-integrate the armed forces as well, you know; all those pesky blacks, asians, and latinos. That way we can a Jerry Falwell approved lily-white christian fighting force.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I am positive the bible and Christianity do not agree with killing. Anyone saying that they kill and are Christian is perverting that religion. I am also sure that killers are going to burn in hell forever by Christian (?) and for that matter and other religions as well.

I've had this discussion.

Apparently - - - it is OK to kill - - in war.

It is just not OK to murder.

Feel free to justify the difference.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I honestly doubt it will happen that way, but in a sense it is a reasonable proposal. Since you do not support homosexuals serving openly in the military, you should instead propose to people who disagree with you that a universal don't ask don't tell policy should go into effect, rather than making the disrespectful claim that homosexuals are genetically-retarded human beings that can't procreate.

As long as you support a universal don't ask don't tell policy, and support that even heterosexuals who mention the fact that they are straight can be reported and discharged from the military, then you're good to go.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

2 people of the same sex cant have kids together but its right that one or both of them use another human being just to get thier own way, and how would a child react to his or her mother being used as a baby factory, im sorry but that just doesnt cut it with me,

if science can help gay couples then im all for that becuase it absolves any issues for every one involved

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Something else.

For those of us who've been in the military, if you think you've never served along side of a gay or lesbian, think again. There have been gays in the US armed forces since the revolutionary war, before there even was a US.

Question: how many who were in the service would give a rat's kazoo if the guy / girl next to you were homosexual and you knew it, when all that mattered to keeping you alive was that other person following their training and doing their job well?

A friend of mine is gay, and a two-tour combat vet of Iraq. Everyone in his platoon knew he was gay, and didn't care one bit.

The bulk of current members of the armed forces have expressed the same sentiment: it doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Gay couples can adopt. There are plenty of children who need to be adopted who's original birth parents didn't want them. So regardless of how gay couples are not technically able to have children in the traditional way you're explaining, the issue regarding how children might react to their birth mother being used as a baby factory is a lot more severe and wide-spread than how you're narrowing it down to just being within the gay community.

Gay couples who use surrogate mothers to have a child will love that child, as opposed to the many upon many heterosexual couples who have children, cannot support those children or otherwise just don't want them, and put them up for adoption.

If anything, gay couples help the issue of raising children. They do not hinder it at all.
edit on 29-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
reply to post by Annee

2 people of the same sex cant have kids together but its right that one or both of them use another human being just to get thier own way, and how would a child react to his or her mother being used as a baby factory, im sorry but that just doesnt cut it with me,

if science can help gay couples then im all for that becuase it absolves any issues for every one involved

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you geographically.

Your native language does not appear to be English. In trying to understand your position - - it is necessary to understand where you are coming from (in culture - religion - ethnicity - etc).

I am tired of the insults. I am tired of the labels and name calling.

If you come from an area that is ruled by religion - - or culture - - then revealing that helps us understand your position.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Allowing soldiers to be openly gay in the military is damaging morale of the heterosexual men and women's strong religious beliefs. Perhaps the gay soldiers have their own unit? When it comes to the battle front these units could be used to do the first sweep in to enemy lines and if they return back alive they should be charged for going AWOL.

Insert the word "blacks" or "women" in place of gays and it may sound like you're from another time. If soldiers can go into combat and clear houses and haul the remains of their friends (Who may or may not be gay) out of danger, why can't they deal with a change in attitude?

If they cannot adapt or overcome, then maybe they shouldn't be in the service.

And your comment about going AWOL makes me sick that "the gays" have to defend people like you, but that's your right to feel that way and to express it...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I could care less if anyone is gay or whatever turns them on. That particular issue means nothing to me. My problem is with the constant crowd pleasing policies flooding society with promises of happiness without the value thereof. Attempting to guarantee anyone happiness to anyone who has not had to work for it is nothing more than a sick joke on the people its being handed too. It started with the Clintons and the real estate loan hand out mandates. Now our country is crippled and we continue with the crowd pleasing awe without any real power to back it up. Is this our future happiness, more and more ridiculous laws and not the real existing law which guaranteed us our own pursuit of happiness? I dont get it. How can the government guarantee happiness? Where does it get off attempting to do such things. I just dont see the value in it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by inregardstoo
I could care less if anyone is gay or whatever turns them on. That particular issue means nothing to me. My problem is with the constant crowd pleasing policies flooding society with promises of happiness without the value thereof. Attempting to guarantee anyone happiness to anyone who has not had to work for it is nothing more than a sick joke on the people its being handed too. It started with the Clintons and the real estate loan hand out mandates. Now our country is crippled and we continue with the crowd pleasing awe without any real power to back it up. Is this our future happiness, more and more ridiculous laws and not the real existing law which guaranteed us our own pursuit of happiness? I dont get it. How can the government guarantee happiness? Where does it get off attempting to do such things. I just dont see the value in it.

Seriously - - could you take your political flaming somewhere else.

Is there anything worse in discussion forums - - then someone trying to hijack a thread for their own banal importance,

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by inregardstoo

I'm not sure how this relates to this particular topic. But who said that allowing gays to serve openly in the military would bring about instant happiness? If anything it's a game of what's fair is fair. How would you personally feel if you were in the military and had to keep silent about your heterosexuality in fear of being discharged? That's all this is. People like to make it into something bigger than it really is.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I've had this discussion.

Apparently - - - it is OK to kill - - in war.

It is just not OK to murder.

Feel free to justify the difference.

Sorry but I will not get into that debate in this thread. It gets quite convoluted. This thread is about this man hiding behind his bible in fear of "sin" I checked his bible just to be sure.

6. Thou shalt not kill :Unless the life taken is that of the state declared enemy, an insurgent or defender, an innocent casualty of war, or even just a "other" that in all honesty, shouldn'a bin ther!!! in a legally sanctioned armed conflict declared legal by your heads of state and on orders you have volunteered NOT to question)

Maybe I missed the fine print? Maybe I just made up the fine print.

The fact is, in war 3 distinct groups of people always die.
Some bad guys.
Some good guys.
Some innocent bystanders.

Pick any war and show me where the bible clearly defined EACH AND EVERY BAD GUY as well as dismissed the casualties that resulted and we can start a discussion on the bible caveats and how it applies to gays. Until then, I stand by my claim. If you volunteer to kill whomever you are told to kill, you have given up your right to wield the bible in the manner the man in this story is.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: its getting late

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Gseven

No. This is not a Christian country....

...America is not and never has been a Christian country.

Funny, but over 3/4 of the country disagrees with you, and even more than that are Bible based....

Religions of the United States

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f950c691703d.png[/atsimg]

*I've tried editing several times to get the picture to post, but it's not working*

edit on 29-12-2010 by Gseven because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by Gseven because: to fix link and picture

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join