It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

When you serve in the military your minute religious values are irrelevant. You follow orders, and that's that.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
As a Situational Omnisexual I'm going to have to say that I'd still have to go for the women. But if all of the women are really nasty, and most of the women in the military are, there might have to be a little sword play going on. But then again you'll probably get a few hot T-girls also so that could mix things up a bit as well. Either way why not just fully integrate everything, showers, bathrooms, whatever, nobody really gives a # anyway. But please since we've gone this far can we do just one more thing... Make the damn women register for the selective service too. I'm sick of all this responsibility and only half of the rights!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by Gseven

When you serve in the military your minute religious values are irrelevant. You follow orders, and that's that.

It is kind of off topic, but I never understood how one could be a catholic and christian, yet join the military. The military is the killing arm of a government, plain and simple. Anyone one that thinks otherwise is either naive or fooling themselves. How can one join the military, and reconcile that there very job is killing, against what they are supposed to believe is the word of god?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cablespider
reply to post by Gseven

Do you think it's any less uncomfortable for the gay man? What makes you think he won't keep his 'eyes up' and be as respectful?
edit on 28-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

Go read my response again. I never said a gay wouldn't. My response to was Annee who insisted that ALL people steal peeks. I firmly state she is not only wrong, but severely misinformed with life in Marine Corps boot camp....much less after boot camp and out in the field. What I said was that we had a mutual code of respect and what we didn't know about the others around us was best left unsaid....period. Your statement should have been directed at Annee.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My hubby is here and I am telling him about this thread. His words of wisdom are:

Forget private showers - - just issue everyone "soap on a rope"

and - - peaking is OK - - but pointing and laughing might be crossing the line. Just a bit

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Religion and religious values can get a little complicated. They really are personal. People's individual morals and ethics are always going to be slanted in some way.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

Well if that is the case, then they won't all mind showering together then will they..!
You just proved my point.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Gseven - just wants me to respond - - due to issues in another thread - - which is why he/she keeps addressing me.

Not going to happen. You all are Free to Be.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

If it was coed showers, I think most straight males would be trying to sneak peaks on the hot women without getting caught. I think most straight guys assume that gay guys would be doing the same thing to them.

edit on Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:07:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oh man. Just...I just cant even get it, I guess. Whats this fascination you have with armchairs? Do you realize youre doing what you're accusing others of? You are not philisophical, despite the fact you try so hard to be.

My father was in the military..the navy. He disagree with you. And he was in the military many years ago, where I'd venture to guess it was even more strict when it came to those things. Your experience doesn't mean everyone experiences the same thing...so don't make blanket statements

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Personally, I'd prefer to shower with gay men over straight women and lesbians. You know why? Because I'm not attracted to gay men or straight men and I wouldn't have any type of arousal sense activated like I would with women. And what I find funny is that the most common response I would receive from straight men would be, "Really, I'd -love- to shower with women and lesbians, that'd be a dream come true!" Well of course it would be. It's a guy's fantasy to shower with gorgeous lesbians. It isn't, however, their fantasy to shower with gay men, and that fear or ignorance concerning homosexuals is where their alertness kicks in, and they disapprove of showering with men. This applies to women who have concerns about showering with lesbians as well.

But it's the military. A person doesn't serve so that they can become aroused. So I really don't understand why a serviceman would be concerned about showering with gay men unless they were scared of being raped or they were aroused by them.
edit on 28-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Everyone should feel equally ill at ease, for equality to really mean anything.
Why should it just be straight men?

If sex and sexuality play absolutely no part in the military -which most here would have us believe - then communal showers shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

That seems like an logical solution to me. Make everyone shower together, and everyone feels uncomfortable equally. Sure why not?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Flighty, thats not what I was saying, at all.

I am saying that these people who are not sexually compatible are not going to start coming onto each other. So who gives a damn if you have to shower with a gay, and you are straight?

Straight males+straight females=sexually compatible..we can see why they do not shower together.
Gay males+straight males = not sexually compatible. Whats the problem with showering together?

I'm done with this. The prejudice against gays in the military is bigotry founded in religious doctrine and elitism over all other 'values'. Period.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Star for not feeding the trolls.

Sensible arguments make them emotional and full of rage.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The problem I could see is this: straight male + gay female = straight male could still be aroused, due to gender. So maybe gay male + straight male = gay male could still be aroused.

The only thing I could see is discomfort being involved. But for me personally as a straight male, I would prefer to shower with gay men. I would not feel threatened in the least unless a burly gay dude was scouting me out as eye candy and I felt he was going to prison rape me.
edit on 28-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I think the whole shower seperations between males and females was done because the consensus that most females would be uncomfortable. Females do not like males oogling them naked, most males don't care if females oogle them, in fact it would inflate their ego. I am sure there are exceptions. Now straight guys know how they think, and assume gay guys would be oogling them, so they feel uncomfortable. What makes a straight guys concern any less valid?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

The problem I could see is this: straight male + gay female = straight male could still be aroused, due to gender. So maybe gay male + straight male = gay male could still be aroused.

The only thing I could see is discomfort is involved.

Sure, I can see that. But the thing is, aroused doesnt mean action. And if they make that argument when all women are subjected to aroused males every single day...whats the difference? Get what you give, get over it. So what if a gay male is aroused by you..are you really that stupid as to have a such a problem with that you want to segregate them?

Stupid. Ok really am done now lol

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Yeah but there would be boners and stiff nipples all over the place, and no one would know what boner is responding to who etc right? So everyone would all be like WTF, and everyone would be uncomfortable lol. Another thing I thought of, imagine how much money will be saved on the water bill! Everyone would be lets wash up, get in and get out of this insanity, at least until they get used to it.

edit on Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:28:34 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Please. Your earnestness could almost seem fabricated once considering that the perceptions of the people arguing the "anti-homosexual" stance can be reduced to: lesbians are not an issue because they aren't actually sexually attracted to other women, they are only sexually attracted to having sex with other women for the sexual gratification of men; since heterosexual men aren't generally stimulated by homosexual men having sex with each other, well then, they must die. Isn't that really what it boils down to? The problem isn't gays in the military. The problem is homosexual men in the military. All the lesbians are welcome (even the ugly ones) because they surely all are dying to lather each other up in the showers and put on nightly sex shows for all the real men. Win-win.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join