It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Forget about the showering with lesbians naive fantasy thing, have you seen some of the lesbians out there? What you would essentially be doing is showering with a bunch of crass ugly fat guys who didn't have a penis. That's your real lesbian shower scene - nasty. And as far as the gay guys go, it's pretty much the same. The first thing to get over is the idea that all gays and lesbians are physically attractive and good people because they are no more physically attractive and good than any other assortment of people. They are fat, ugly, ill mannered, uneducated a-holes just like the rest of us (not myself of course), and then the opposite can be true as well. How about this - we only let the great looking, well educated, and fun to be around gays and lesbians into the military! Better yet we could do that with immigration too! Pigs to the left, Hotties to the right - BOO YAH!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Here's how I see it. If boners are raging, as you think they will be, then gay males showering with straight males will most likely be altered in some regard, as it poses a serious risk of harassment of some kind. However, if the problem isn't that bad, then it isn't an issue.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Yeah but there would be boners and stiff nipples all over the place, and no one would know what boner is responding to who etc right? So everyone would all be like WTF, and everyone would be uncomfortable lol. Another thing I thought of, imagine how much money will be saved on the water bill! Everyone would be lets wash up, get in and get out of this insanity, at least until they get used to it.

I really don't think any of it matters - - except inappropriate action.

Straight men could feel flattered if they weren't insecure.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

When you serve in the military your minute religious values are irrelevant. You follow orders, and that's that.

Obviously, you've never served, otherwise you wouldn't state that. On dog tags, we are directed to have our religion stated.

Article VI of the Code of Conduct states:
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

The Marine's Prayer is such:

Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones, and Thee without shame or fear. Protect my family.

Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my Country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer.

Let's not forget that each service has duty Chaplains that are employed full time within each branch, and go to war when they go to war. Chaplains play a large role in formal ceremonies, retirements, public gatherings, etc. Just as the National Anthem is played, so to a prayer is rendered. There is a common statement of priorities among Marines, and that is God, Country, Corps, Family, and Self....meaning, this is the order in which we place each of these things, if we are in a position to have to choose.

Those who disagree with the above ideals are those who have never or will never serve - they don't understand and most likely will never understand the concepts. It is, in every sense of the word, a "service" to something greater than themselves.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Gseven because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2010 by Gseven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
How about this - we only let the great looking, well educated, and fun to be around gays and lesbians into the military! Better yet we could do that with immigration too! Pigs to the left, Hotties to the right - BOO YAH!

Man! I've always said I'd love to be a stripper.

If I could pick my audience

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The same could be said for females having to shower with males though. The females would be flattered if they weren't so insecure, so they should shower with males and get over their insecurity.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeaware

You bring up the 70% approval number.

You don't read and comprehend very well, though, do you?

I specifically, SPECIFICALLY said COMBAT ARMS!

What part of combat arms are you having trouble with?

Combat arms makes up a minority in the military. Combat arms is the area where the actual fighting is done.

Combat arms is where folks are most likely to get shot, shredded, vaporized, or just killed.

And no, gay blood is not as risk free as non-gay blood, and if you haven't learned that much about this risky behavior, you'll likely figure it out soon enough.

Ever wonder why it is, when you give blood, one of the questions is if you've (as a male) ever had sex with another man, and then how recently?

They didn't just pull that question out of their butts.

I wouldn't give a tinker's damn if 80% of the military went along with this concept, because they're not Combat Arms.

You put known oddballs in the field with other combat troops, and they don't last very long at all. One way or another, they're leaving. Some are fortunate to walk away.

You make this personal against me. I'm telling you how it is.

One doesn't have to like it, and one doesn't have to accept it, but behavior in the field is much, much different that in civilized surroundings.

After all, those who are most prepared adept, armed, and ruthless will win.

Oddities, and curiosities may be socially acceptable at an artsy fartsy fair in Berkely, but it's not even on the same planet as a battlefield.

Like it, or not.

And since you'll never be there - don't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

in·se·cure   /ˌɪnsɪˈkyʊər/ Show Spelled

–adjective
1. subject to fears, doubts, etc.; not self-confident or assured: an insecure person.
2. not confident or certain; uneasy; anxious: He was insecure about the examination.
3. not secure; exposed or liable to risk, loss, or danger: an insecure stock portfolio.
4. not firmly or reliably placed or fastened: an insecure ladder

dictionary.reference.com...

Do you mean 1, 2, 3 or 4?

And this goes for everyone using this word repeatedly

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The same could be said for females having to shower with males though. The females would be flattered if they weren't so insecure, so they should shower with males and get over their insecurity.

But I'm all for co-ed showers and getting beyond all this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune

Originally posted by GsevenThis earth is a macrocosm of what happens within us on a biological level. If we indeed have foreign viruses, bacteria, parasites and microbes entering our bodies, killing, infiltrating, mutating and otherwise damaging healthy functions, then it's safe to say we have that equivalent in the physical world. We have anti-bodies within us....we have soldiers in the world. We have free radicals within us....we have radicals within the world. If you take the steps to kill viruses, parasites, cancers, and bacteria within your own body, then you most certainly support war on a physical level, whether you believe it or not. There is no way to be passive with the idea of war and be passive with the health of your own body. The two do not coincide, and this is the biggest flaw in logic among anti-war liberals.

The question is, what does homosexuality represent within the individual microcosm, if creation is not being fostered by the homosexual unions? Furthermore, within the microcosm, if we are turning our anti-bodies into whatever "this" is, I'm of the feeling that it can't be good.

Philosophically speaking, that is.

Wait, what? Youre saying that because gays cant procreate, they are like a virus? Is that what youre saying? I really hope not.

Nope, not what I was referring to at all. Read it again. I was replying about Annee's comment about those who fight wars. Quit being so sensitive and read what's on the page before you comment.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Are most of you people serious!!!!! Gay and straight soldiers pull a trigger the same and care about there fellow beings the same. There are already gay people in the army and i'm fairly sure theres not that many " bonners " in the showers. I've worked with quite a few gay people in my career and I haven't felt the need to even discuss it. They have become friends and are friends still. I gaurentee you if a gay person saved your life you begrudge them their sexuality.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Do you mean 1, 2, 3 or 4?

And this goes for everyone using this word repeatedly

I mean "get over it"

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
Obviously, you've never served, otherwise you wouldn't state that. On dog tags, we are directed to have our religion stated.

The dog tags you wear as you are sent out to kill people you have never met? Those dog tags? Yeah, bible quotes on rifle scopes didnt make that any more holy either. Bad bad argument to make.

It is really quite simple. If you agree to kill perfect strangers because you are told to, you are all done using the bible to justify anything you think, say, or do.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The most reasonable solution I can think of: Everyone uses one huge shower room, but each shower head gets their own personal walls, like stalls in a bathroom. I guess the same thing would have to be implemented for sleeping as well, just to shut the super sensitive up. I don't think eating together in the mess hall without stalls would be problematic. Could be wrong though, don't want a gay to sneeze on you afterall!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by Gseven

When you serve in the military your minute religious values are irrelevant. You follow orders, and that's that.

It is kind of off topic, but I never understood how one could be a catholic and christian, yet join the military. The military is the killing arm of a government, plain and simple. Anyone one that thinks otherwise is either naive or fooling themselves. How can one join the military, and reconcile that there very job is killing, against what they are supposed to believe is the word of god?

It's like this... Any religion, like Catholicism, that considers Jesus Christ as their savior - is a Christian religion. As for the killing thing - the actual wording of that particular commandment is 'Thou shalt not commit murder' - so justifiable homicide is fine. Lots of killing in the Bible, not a problem.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Whether or not I personally served is also irrelevant to my point. Having your religion stated on your dog tags is fine. But whether or not a serviceman is Buddhist, Muslim, Christian, or a Satanist, my point still stands that, in the military you do as you're told. Period. And if you disagree with that fact, then obviously you have never served in the military. Your minute religious value that states life is precious suddenly becomes fodder when you're ordered to bomb an Afghan village, and chalking up civilian casualties to a cold statistic like "collateral damage."

Those creeds and prayers are more about tradition than anything else. The service that is above all else is about serving and protecting the American people, land, and freedom.
edit on 28-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Is there a clear definition for justifiable homicide, other than the obvious? I broke into that guys house, he pointed a gun at me therefor it was self defense! I invaded that guys country, he pointed a gun at me, therefore it was self defense! How far can you really stretch that?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

But I'm all for co-ed showers and getting beyond all this nonsense.

This is crazy. I'm sorry, but not all straights are gentlemen, and not all gays stick to their own kind. Not all women are gorgeous works of body art, and not all men flatter the women they see. I highly doubt you'd keep this stance if you saw exactly how crude men can be when they're making fun of their "butchy" lesbian counterparts within military ranks. It can get pretty ugly. Stick them in a co-ed shower situation, and the lesbians would be the first to cry foul - they'd be well within their rights to do so. This is just irresponsible thinking on your part, and smacks of ignorance on the military culture in general.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Sinnthia, what is the problem?

There are tons of folks that really, really need killing!

Thankfully, some folks are good at it.

Otherwise, these predators would destroy everything and everyone around them - just because they could.

The soldier is not about killing.

The soldier is about preserving the lives of his family - and his extended family.

The proper attitude of a good soldier is to be polite to everyone, but simultaneously be prepared to kill everyone they meet - as necessary.

And trust me, some days are better than others.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The most reasonable solution I can think of: Everyone uses one huge shower room, but each shower head gets their own personal walls, like stalls in a bathroom. I guess the same thing would have to be implemented for sleeping as well, just to shut the super sensitive up. I don't think eating together in the mess hall without stalls would be problematic. Could be wrong though, don't want a gay to sneeze on you afterall!

The thing is "Norm becomes Norm"

Seriously - - could you even think of the NBA without black players?

They were - of course - once banned from playing because of the color of their skin.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join