It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
look skippy,

if your going to go all civil rights hero on us, then you better stickup for pedo's, dog lovers and polygamists too.

theres nothing i hate more than a half assed civil rights position.

I don't agree here. Being gay doesn't hurt anyone. There is no comparison. Being a pedo hurts kids, dog lover hurts animals, polygamy is sexist and hurts women, in my opinion. No comparison to homosexuality here.

link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
you know what people!!! this is strange i'm gay and eatch time i read this kind of things about gay this or gay that i feel like i m from another planet,but i eat, i sleep , i work , i pay may taxes, i read post on ATS, i laugh, i love, i cry, i believe in ufo, i watch tv, as you and you and you... and if i meet persons i don't ask to myself if they are straight or gay this not my business, i don't tell to myself this person sould or not have this kind of right, when i talk with a guy i m' not telling to my self if i can have sex with him, yea ! as you i have a heart and i love and feel ans express my emotion and yes as you i'm pissed when someone tell me i should not have the right to be myself when the same person enjoy the right to be what ever he want! i'm not a robot i'm not a kind of sub-human and yes i can be a doctor, lawyer, a military or even a teacher and when i have to save a life, to teach or to defend i don't ask to myself if you are straith or gay or what ever you want

happy gayxmas
edit on 24-12-2010 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

Wow you got a star for making absolutely no sense in your post, maybe you can edit your post so it can be read properly.... Geez I thought you people were supposed to be articulate jk jk.....

link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Ahhh...nothing like the old "slippery slope" arguement when you have nothing substantial to contribute. You have to work a little harder on this site...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

look skippy,

if your going to go all civil rights hero on us, then you better stickup for pedo's, dog lovers and polygamists too.

not sure if you are serious or not... *shrug*

Anyway...
Pedo == violation of legal age of consent statutes
Dogs == well, dogs has no human rights, yeah?
Polygamists == well, frankly, I have not yet figured out what the deal is with this and why people are opposed, although I think non-consensual marriage (on the part of all parties) is not necessarily a good thing, but then marriage is a religious thing anyway.

So yeah, not the same thing as Homosexual equality, really. Especially since Homosexual orientation does not equal putting things up butts.
edit on 12-24-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tilpah
I tried to introduce a gay friend to a homophobic friend last night. The homophobe didn't want to know, refused his hand. It made me feel sad, i asked him why and he said he thought "putting it up someone's bottom is disgusting". I asked the gay if he often ran into such people and he said "he was probably abused as a kid".

If we were in a life threatening situation, which should I rescue if it could be only one? the nice gay chap, or the homophobic father of three kids?

i love the judgmental hypocrisy.

the first individual judged the second.

then the second judged the first in the same manner.

neither knew anything of the other.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Let people be gay if they want, doesn't effect you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

nevermind, think and ask before making this kind of statement , english is not my language i'm french and i do my best and make an effort to be understandable... the most important is the message... you don't get it this not my business...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think those that think being gay is PERFECT, and its a natural process in life might wanna wait until you get older try to rethink this way of thinking. I do not hate gay people I respect people's sexual preference, I find it very odd to see men dressed as women at times thou, or speak very feminine and act like a female. I also understand not all gay people act like that. IS this normal? No it is not, if it was more mammals would be able to procreate without the opposite sex. If I had to vote for gay people to have rights or whatever and get married I would vote for it. Oh and another thing, their are not allot of gay people in this world that is another reason it is not natural. All in all the Gay issues are really not that important to me.

I also admit I have no gay friends, I just have friends.
Its the smart people that just have friends.

edit on 24-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

This is you assuming everyone is like you. Judgemental

You are the one passing judgement today. You wear that hat well. Point fingers at finger pointers for pointing fingers. Good plan.

I personally think gays are perverts. There goals are based around selfish sexual desire, and this to me is the corner stone of an immoral pervert. But I do not judge a person based on this. I am a true christian and forgive and live by tolerance and understanding. I understand why gays choose to be gay, yes it is a choice as is being straight and choosing to have sex with woman.

I've had more then 1 gay friend in my lifetime, all of them I let know how I feel about being a homosexual. None of them quit being my friend because I thought being gay was immoral.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

and there you have it --- someone said he was probably abused and voila out he comes with it.

another said closet gay...lol sounds like he did it a few time after he was abused and was too weak to deal with the social pressures of being in gay relationships and therefore thinks it's unnatural.

If you had a beef with what is natural or not; then you wouldn't be using a computer and bugging us with your ignorant views just because you have a buried gay past.

*in fact* the gay community turns a lot of people off of that lifestyle and gives them psychological problems because there are a lot of gay people who want no part of that freakshow.
edit on 24-12-2010 by stealthc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

look skippy,

not sure if you are serious or not... *shrug*

Anyway...
Pedo == violation of legal age of consent statutes
Dogs == well, dogs has no human rights, yeah?
Polygamists == well, frankly, I have not yet figured out what the deal is with this and why people are opposed.

So yeah, not the same thing as Homosexual equality, really. Especially since Homosexual orientation does not equal putting things up butts.

i was illustrating the scope of sexual prejudice.

if its the law we should follow, i ask you to please explain "dont ask dont tell"

as for dogs, your correct they are not human therefore do not need rights.therefore its for the "lover" of said dog to decide if they want to go that route, i dont think consent would be needed (forgive me i dont know the interworkings of a beastiaholic's mind. i can only guess.)

and as for the pedo's, well we know their argument.

all of that is water under the bridge when the argument is defining "love".

what seems like a freaky fetish to one, can be (alleged) "real love" to another.

the same reaction a homosexual gets when considering a pedo/beast/poly/other freaky stuff, is what hetero's get when trying to comprehend a homosexual relationship.

so stop pretending like you dont understand the reaction of the hetero.

unless your for complete sexual anarchy, you DO have some notion of relative disgust towards certain sexual ideas.....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I simply wanted to stoke the fire. And I see it has worked.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
in the same manner that a homo/bi sexual character has widened their scope of sexuality to accept love at the level of "human".

there are invdividuals who widen it even further to include animals, inanimate objects, themselves.

and in the same right, there are those who NARROW there scope to only one type of human, the opposite sex.

to accept only the level YOU are comfortable with, be it gender/species/age, is 100% hypocritical.

so if you want to parade around acting like your for "civil rights" then you better include everybody, even those your uncomfortable with...after all....thats what your asking everybody else to do.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

in the same manner that a homo/bi sexual character has widened their scope of sexuality to accept love at the level of "human".

there are invdividuals who widen it even further to include animals, inanimate objects, themselves.

and in the same right, there are those who NARROW there scope to only one type of human, the opposite sex.

to accept only the level YOU are comfortable with, be it gender/species/age, is 100% hypocritical.

so if you want to parade around acting like your for "civil rights" then you better include everybody, even those your uncomfortable with...after all....thats what your asking everybody else to do.

Kudos to you, good sir. I'm afraid they don't see your point.

link   
reply to post by Ciphor

I would trust and befriend a homosexual light years before I'd do the same with a Christian. Just saying.

edit on 24-12-2010 by Perplexity because: (no reason given)

link   
I have a $300 haircut and I'm wearing Giuseppe Zanotti shoes.

After hours of careful tutelage I now understand that Freddie Mercury, Rob Halford, and Bob Mould are GODS.

What kind of friends do you think I have?

Kindly refrain from referring to me as any sort of a "hag", thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

No I can understand being repulsed or at least not comfortable with another person's lifestyle. I have a problem with Pedos, Bestiality, and BDSM style "slavery". I find it less than tasteful. But then, it's not my place to tell anyone what to do with their life.

And I was not trying to imply anything about your point of view, really. I am not sure I have gotten your stance figured out yet.

With regards to civil rights, though, it comes down to what the rights are. I am against gay marriage only because I am against ALL marriage. I feel that marriage is the pervue of the religious establishment and not in anyway the responsibility of the secular legal base. Having said that, if we are allowing people to get married then it should be between one HUMAN and another HUMAN, since neither gender nor sexuality have anything to do with the civil aspect of marriage.

And of course, there may be other rights that I am overlooking, I am just using one as an example. With this particular one, marriage is irrelevant to pedos because their "desired" are not of the age of consent. Marriage to animals does not fall within the "human to human" definition.

In regards to DADT, I am not sure I ever understood the logic of that. My son who is active duty USAF said the only issue he could see is in basic training the sexes are seperated to reduce sexual tension. In tech school, that seperation is not present or is reduced because by the time one leaves basic, they should be "grown up" enough to handle themselves. So aside from basic training (which is a good point, I think), I don't see much of an issue.
edit on 12-24-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The premise behind the op is crap. Simply because someone has a particular lifestyle doesn't mean you must accept it. I have had friends who were drug addicts and criminals. They were friends but i didn't condone what they did when i wasn't with them. They didn't do it when they were with me because i woulnt go along. I can be a friend and tell them i do not approve.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I think those that think being gay is PERFECT, and its a natural process in life might wanna wait until you get older try to rethink this way of thinking. I do not hate gay people I respect people's sexual preference, I find it very odd to see men dressed as women at times thou, or speak very feminine and act like a female. I also understand not all gay people act like that. IS this normal? No it is not, if it was more mammals would be able to procreate without the opposite sex. If I had to vote for gay people to have rights or whatever and get married I would vote for it. Oh and another thing, their are not allot of gay people in this world that is another reason it is not natural. All in all the Gay issues are really not that important to me.

I also admit I have no gay friends, I just have friends.
Its the smart people that just have friends.

Feminine and masculine attributes exist to an extent.

But most things we identify with either male or female are really just learned gender roles. Meaning, they don't in reality exist, they are social roles we've made up.

So to say someone is unnatural because they don't follow made up gender roles, is ridiculous. You might want to do some research into gender and sociology, because most of what we think in terms of gender is just entirely fabricated human notions.
Sociology & Gender Roles
What is the difference between sex and gender?
Gender Ideology & Gender Role Ideology

edit on 12/24/2010 by SpaceJ because: links

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So your saying if gays get rights then say guys and gals who have sex with animals will want them next? basically it will be a trickle down effect when it comes to the morality of the issue?

Preposterous, yet it might be true.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join