It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

In the end you would have about the same amount straight as gay but most would be bi sexual.

I agree wholeheartedly. Sex is sex. One form often results in childbearing; the other does not. That can be useful when all you want to do is release an urge without serious consequences; at least for most of human existence before the current onslaught of global diseases. And before anyone gets on the gays being at fault for the spread of diseases, it is promiscuity without protection in the context of widespread travel that spreads disease not the sexuality of the person doing it.
edit on 12/24/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

True Jaxon,

If you are not of them and they are not of you then they are not Trully friends. The Lord told His-

Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Gays need to keep their place and leave those not interrested alone but some don't is what I see.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

I agree here. But the door swings both ways as I tried to espouse here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have gay friends, and I'm not going to add a "but" to my sentence.

In elementary school I made a friend who later revealed to me he was gay. I was the first person he told and that was probably a good thing since I had no problem with it. I had to watch him go through junior high and high school (where he finally openly admitted it to everyone) dealing with hoards of ignorant people who bullied him for it. My friends and I were the only people open minded enough to accept him the way he was without judgement.

Later in high school, I met another male who was gay, and over time we became best friends. He is one of the closest friends I have ever had, as well as one of the most loyal, honest, and tolerant people I've encountered. Amusingly, him and my friend mentioned above eventually got together, though it didn't work out in the end. My boyfriend at the time, who was also a friend of the one I call my best friend, was so put off by them being together.

So he had no problem being the guys friend, until the guy hooked up with my other friend from elementary school. Then it became a problem to my boyfriend, and he became outspoken about it, kicking our friends out of his house. Needless to say, he is now my ex-boyfriend. I don't put up with that kind of bull____.

The last thing I want to say is that I believe gay people should have ALL of the same rights as those who aren't gay. There is no logical reason why they should not, and that is that, period. I think it's wonderful DADT has been repealed.

Now I only wish they had the right to be married, wherever and whenever they choose. My best friend would make a better husband than most of the straight men I've known in my life! He should have the right, there's no question about it.
edit on 12/24/2010 by SpaceJ because: fix

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizensforthefuture
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Actually, if you do some research, you will find that the women's right movement was born in the communist schools, and later heavily funded by the Rockefeller's. It was never about women's "rights". It was about destroying the family unit, making children property of the state rather than the home.

And as for the pedophile remark, merely an absurd notion to make a point. I despise the act. Nice attempt to low blow me back though.

Also, in my opinion, it's a horrible state of society to accept the idea of educating young children on the idea that homosexuality is a perfectly "normal" behavior.

Please answer this question...Do you believe in teaching children that sodomy is alright?

There are many equal rights movements for women, even seen today throughout the World.

Do you honestly believe the act of sodomy defines homosexuality?

Many heterosexuals like to indulge in that sex act too. Not all homosexuals do. If a gay man doesn't do sodomy, does that make him straight?

Sexuality should be taught in the classroom as part of social issues like racism etc.
That would have enabled you to at least understand a little bit about the subject of homosexuality.
edit on 24-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by mr-lizard

It's not about having less rights, considering gays probably have more rights than me.

Oh please! Tell me just ONE right I have that you don't!!!! JUST ONE!!!!

I'd like to hear that one myself.

I don't know about England's laws on glbt people, but here in the states glbt are taxed according to the IRS's filer marriage status on the tax forms, at the same time that glbt marriage is not legally recognized by the federal govt and most state govts.

That is taxation without representation: a gay couple who have been together under one roof and in a monogamous relationship for 40 years are both treated as "single" when they file taxes, because they are denied recognition in the federal tax code, and can't get married and have their union recognized by the federal govt.

If the majority of the US armed forces and the Joint Chiefs can recognize and almost beg congress to end DADT,
then isn't it about time the feds recognize glbt marriage?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

So, lets quit pretending that something is there when it is not.

You kept talking about body parts and how they fit or didn't throughout this post.

Is that all humans are is a collection of parts? While I am not going to dwell on the subject of whether parts fit or don't, there is more to being human than parts. There is mind, heart and soul.

Those can fit just perfectly, harmoniously and gloriously in spite of the "parts" and, in the grand scheme of things, for many people, straight or gay, end up being much more important.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

www.savethemales.ca ...that is all.

edit on 24-12-2010 by citizensforthefuture because: the world is not ready.

LMAO! I find it HILARIOUS you edited your entire post to this....

Wow.....scared?

There is nothing wrong with gay people and there is no agenda. Get over it. Men don't need to be saved. I think you just have problems with gays. Who said you have to be with the opposite sex? If you say the bible that doesn't count..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
have you ever noticed that people who are all for gay rights, are less tolerant of religious people?

Why should it be wrong for a religious person to be against gay people?

Because that is then discriminating against somebody's beliefs. If a devout catholic thinks gay people are unholy, then why should the devout be persecuted for his/her beliefs.

This is my point. There's a HUGE grey area here.

I disagree with the gray area. If everyone practiced a little tolerance, there wouldn't be much of an issue.

I believe in the rights of GLBT citizens to "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" - the happiness thing including the right to marry and have their marriage recognized and afforded the same legal weight as hetero marriages in the eyes of the law.

I also believe in the right of all people to worship as the will, or not worship at all.

As long as a "church" is not practicing something like marrying 11 year old girls to 45 year old men (basically a cover for pedos) or breaking some other law with respect to harming others, more power to them even, or especially, if I disagree with them.

You can't just use a broad-brush and over generalize at will; I'd bet most glbt and their advocates have far more tolerance for religions than some fundamentalist types do for them.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yes, I'm terrified of an army of gay men.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by citizensforthefuture

I somehow doubt any gay man would have an interest in you for any reason. Maybe a therapist would help?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i've got some opinions against homosexuality, and against some the the rights they want. should that mean i cant be friends with them?

Obviously by the logic of the OP it does Neonitus. So I guess we should be enemies with everyone we disagree with. Bravo OP for your enlightening topic! The ignorance of some of you guys who really think you're so "enlightened"... It's just plain out astonishing.

I have gay friends and I have Muslim friends. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we still can't look past our own beliefs and value each other as human beings. Sure, sometimes the friendship may get strained a bit, but at the end of the day we'll still be friends. Not everyone is going to agree with each other, that's life!

I'm sorry if that blows your mind OP, but that's reality. I think you should get out some more.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yes, I'm terrified of an army of gay men.

What do you think a gay man would do to you?? You do know they don't just hit on all men right? You must think very highly of yourself then..

I have many gay friends and believe me they don't hit on guys who are straight, so get off your high horse. Just because someone is gay it doesn't mean they are gonna push themselves on you.

I know and work with many lesbians and I am not afraid of them. They don't bother me at all!!

You need some help honestly. Sorry you feel the way you do about homosexuals, they are really good people just like heterosexuals. Who cares who they choose to love. You don't make that decision, they heart does!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
you know what people!!! this is strange i'm gay and eatch time i read this kind of things about gay this or gay that i feel like i m from another planet,but i eat, i sleep , i work , i pay may taxes, i read post on ATS, i laugh, i love, i cry, i believe in ufo, i watch tv, as you and you and you... and if i meet persons i don't ask to myself if they are straight or gay this not my business, i don't tell to myself this person sould or not have this kind of right, when i talk with a guy i m' not telling to my self if i can have sex with him, yea ! as you i have a heart and i love and feel ans express my emotion and yes as you i'm pissed when someone tell me i should not have the right to be myself when the same person enjoy the right to be what ever he want! i'm not a robot i'm not a kind of sub-human and yes i can be a doctor, lawyer, a military or even a teacher and when i have to save a life, to teach or to defend i don't ask to myself if you are straith or gay or what ever you want
and sorry i'm gay and i'm also french i do my best to be understandable

happy gayxmas
edit on 24-12-2010 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by Gseven
reply to post by Annee

As long as you stick with "choose" - - you are no friend. You are in full denial.

As long you ascribe to the notion that there is NO "choice", YOU, my friend, are in denial. Am I suppose to ignore the hoards of "recovering" homosexuals that insist otherwise?.

Oh please show me these 'hoards of "recovering" homosexuals' you speak of!!! Maybe a handful of brainwashed individuals who have been rammed back in the closet by some group of religious fundies, but trust me, inside they still want what they want... You CANNOT change your sexual orientation! You are attracted to what you are attracted to! Wanna prove me wrong? Then YOU go ahead and change YOUR sexual orientation! Good Luck on that one Skippy!!!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Figured I'd add my experience in regards to "curing" homosexuality. I for one, do not think it's possible. It is not something to be "cured" to begin with.

The only gay person I have known who said he was "cured" was a Christian. He was another very close friend of mine, even though he was Christian and I'm an atheist, we got along great. His family was on the fundamental edge of their beliefs, a bit fanatic in my gauging. He though was more sensible.

But something happened that pained me to watch. Over spring break of our senior year of high school, he met someone, another gay Christian, and they got together. They had only kissed and held hands, but someone evil decided to photograph them holding hands, and send the picture to my friend's parents.

My friend's parents went INSANE. I-N-S-A-N-E. They basically forced him to not see the guy anymore, and told the other guy's parents too. They pulled him out of SCHOOL for it. My friend was a mess, he became anxious and depressed. He wasn't the same happy person I'd always known. They then sent him to some place where they magically "cure" you, right? Well he comes back and says he is cured. I never questioned him about that. If he felt cured then that was his to feel.

He eventually got a girlfriend and was with her for a quite a while, years. He was happy, but still things weren't the same. He was clearly suppressing his true self. In the end, he met another guy and must have realized that he was never "cured" and it was all religious nonsense, because he left the girl.

My point, this guy was never cured of anything, but forced by religious people to deny his feelings. That obviously resulted in years of confusion for both the guy and inevitably the girl. It benefited no one, and only served to derail his life.

Anyway, I'm not religious, but in my opinion the Bible doesn't condemn homosexuality. Religious groups twist and stretch the Bible's words to appear this way. I always want to ask these types, what of God loving everyone, all of his children? Very few people follow the true teachings of Christianity. Those who use the book to try to start a hate war on homosexuality, are severely misguided people.

If more people learned to think for themselves, I'm sure those groups would disintegrate fast.
edit on 12/24/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This post was truly needed! Without repeating myself with the content I used in those crappy homophobic posts this site has recently been subjected to, I will say the idea of "civil rights" cannot, by its vary nature, discriminate. Perhaps we should revisit African American slavery. Or maybe I shouldn't really have the same rights as those who have a penis. Believe me, the responsiblity of having the right to vote is a heavy one! I have a gay father and a gay uncle (who doesn't?) and they both probably pay more in taxes than the majority of posters at ATS. This means they contribute to all of those social services of which this country holds much pride. Are you on unemployment? Are you on disabilty? The gays you hate so much are helping to pay your rent. My father is also envolved in beautifying his city. Do you like San Diego, CA? Thank my dad for contributing to its luster. In regards to the actual sex act of homosexuals, I've dated a few kinky heteros! No one group has the market cornered on odd sex acts. Addtionally, I've delt with a some predatory straight men, so there again you really don't have to worry about dropping the soap around them either (unless, secretly you may want to be approached...)
Happy Holiday to my ATS family!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
look skippy,

if your going to go all civil rights hero on us, then you better stickup for pedo's, dog lovers and polygamists too.

theres nothing i hate more than a half assed civil rights position.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I tried to introduce a gay friend to a homophobic friend last night. The homophobe didn't want to know, refused his hand. It made me feel sad, i asked him why and he said he thought "putting it up someone's bottom is disgusting". I asked the gay if he often ran into such people and he said "he was probably abused as a kid".

If we were in a life threatening situation, which should I rescue if it could be only one? the nice gay chap, or the homophobic father of three kids?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

First ans Last comment:
"THANK YOU GAY MEN, BECAUSE OF YOU THERE ARE MORE WOMAN AVAILABLE...woohooo keep going against nature you are making it easier for me!!!"

I agree with you from that men have penises to insert into woman to procreate...life as we know if would die if men and woman stopped having sex...right...? Before anyone brings up the "well well look at animals crap, there are gay there too"...think we are much more intelligent than animals.

Dont ask dont tell, this will cause a huge financial burden to the military and the tax payers. We now have to separate the Gay from the straight guys...now unless woman want to bunk or shower with gay men then we have to create third restroom (what happens if a straight guy impersonates a gay guy and goes into the ladies restroom), I guess we will have to mark all those gay guys with a rainbow ribbon so we know, maybe even mark their ID card as gay).

Wait how do we know they are really gay, maybe they are faking it to get in showers and bathroom with the woman, we need a lie detector test now.

What about the deployed troops, usually 2 guys to a room or open squad bay just learning that a gay guy has been showing with them and checking them out for the last (X number of years)...this will cause violence and hate and will cause problems in all branches of the military.

Some things are better not known or flaunted...maybe I need a stamp on my forhead (STRAIGHT)...

God (alah) help the human race

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Are you proving a case of your morality? Lol nice avatar.

Ya good point, your clearly of a high moral standard.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join