It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 366
<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Those booms again.....they have been hearing them in Maryland for the past week very frequently....what's going on?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wonder if there are any meteors follwing that asteroid? People are saying it sounded like a sonic boom....we had a meteor hit where I live and that is exactly what it was like...a ear splitting boom and shake...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think they are not connected with this ..

That "sonic boom sounds" happened some hours before eartqvekes appear and reports are for 5+ M ..

I think this is man-made eq or some kind drilling-explosion, I have suspect long time they are making purposely pressure releasing over US ..

If this is truth they can produce more damages with this "playing God", strong pressure releasing or earthquake can appear in place where never was strong earthquakes with mach bigger magnitude than it would be at place where is activity are frequent or where are vulnerable areas ..

They report 7 km depth, but ..

But who knows is they are really doing that and what they doing, I'm positive only one thing they are doing something to "help" because they know what's happening ..

Stronge activity in Turkey ..

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 5.7
Date-Time

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 19:23:35 UTC
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 at 09:23:35 PM at epicenter

Location 38.349°N, 43.403°E
Depth 4.8 km (3.0 miles)
Region EASTERN TURKEY
Distances

17 km (10 miles) S (174°) from Van, Turkey
89 km (55 miles) NNW (340°) from Hakkari, Turkey
122 km (76 miles) NE (42°) from Sirnak, Turkey
225 km (140 miles) SSW (205°) from YEREVAN, Armenia

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 11.5 km (7.1 miles); depth +/- 2.9 km (1.8 miles)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 9-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'm not sure how close/far the reports of "booms" in Maryland are away from Quantico Marine Base in VA, but they have Explosive Munitions Training scheduled all this week.
Training schedule
I believe there was also a joint NORAD/Quantico training exercise during the overnight hours last Thursday thru Sunday.

Maybe this is what people there are hearing?

edit on 11/9/2011 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Robin's brain broke. Didn't you read the last post written by Robin? That may help explain some of it. And I wrote down what I think happened on Mike Hard Times Arkansas song thread. So you may want to read those posts and maybe you'll figure out what happened. I think his illness- and pressures- fractured him.

Really? You come on the thread a few minutes ago and now you know Robin better that us folks who have been connecting with him for 2 or more years?

He has been on ATS today - go look at this profile. Maybe he just does not feel like talking at present. It is not obligatory you know.

When Robin wants to say something he will, in the meantime perhaps you could stop speculating as you don't actually know.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well... we luv ya..... no matter what name you go by or who you want to be.

Now... to elude the risk for being fined for me being totally off-topic...
How 'bout those earthquakes! Wow, huh!?!

edit on 11/9/2011 by dreams n chains because: cuz

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

It could very well be. I just mentioned it because a friend has been talking about it all week. I'll mention it to her....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmm, so looks like a quake just happened near Guam. Propagation is pretty good, estimate: 5.5 to 5.9 "-". Waiting on USGS to report. Gee, where have I heard THAT before?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Hmm, now also another near Kamchatka (Russia/ West Aleutians area)
estimate: 4.6 to 5.1 -
edit on Wed Nov 9th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Wow, batting 1000 so far today!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

West Aleutians, aren't they getting hammered by the winter storm? Double whammy.

Here's an off the wall question: If an area is known for its many faults, does a huge barometric change effect/affect it?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar

West Aleutians, aren't they getting hammered by the winter storm? Double whammy.

Here's an off the wall question: If an area is known for its many faults, does a huge barometric change effect/affect it?

Yeah they are, although I fail to see how a fault under water already, like a lot of it, is going to be any more affected by some wind and rain above it... Doubtful, at the very least, imo.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks TA. Was wrapping my brain around it, was all. I realized later how off the wall and nonsensical it was, but on the off chance left it up there.

Would you keep an eye out for AR and OK for a bit? I know things have calmed since the shake, rattle, but hoping we don't get the roll.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Time to give my standard reply an airing:

The column of air above the surface of the Earth does have an effect upon the pressure being exerted on an area and thus on earthquakes

1 cubic foot of air at standard temperature and pressure assuming average composition weighs approximately 0.0807 lbs.

Source

This page talks about air density and pressure and if you ignore the psi and only use the 0 column you can see that the density changes with temperature. It also changes with barometric pressure.

This page has a simple (simplistic?) explanation of changes due to barometric pressure. It uses millibars but these days you will see that as hPa (hectoPascals) - same thing.

A little more reading on air pressure as related to earth. There are several pages but just keep on reading as in some way or another it is all relevant to earthquakes and anyway it is interesting.

This page is another version of that on one page. Note that they mention 'scientists' using kPa (kiloPascals). Don't get confused! Weather men (that's people) use hPa just to confuse the scientists.

By now you should be gagging for the Wikipedia article on atmospheric pressure!

You should have enough information now to do various calculations to show that the atmospheric pressure actually causes a difference of many thousands of tons over an area. Yes it must have an effect on earthquakes - shallow ones anyway as the ground is being depressed and released as the air column changes, there is pressure (additional) from the wind as well and we know that show on siesmos. We say - nothing to worry about, only wind. But always remember that if it shows on the siesmo it IS shaking the ground albeit only a little.

The effects of the atmosphere on earthquakes is basically a mini-version of isostatic rebound.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I love and appreciate Robin as well... I meant no ill will WHAT SO EVER.

I did not see Robins last post so I have no idea what has happened.

I just observed a striking resemblance in the writing style of Robin.......I am sorry for making waves.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I love and appreciate Robin as well... I meant no ill will WHAT SO EVER.

I did not see Robins last post so I have no idea what has happened.

I just observed a striking resemblance in the writing style of Robin.......I am sorry for making waves.

It is not your fault. It is my fault. I am Robin.
I apologize to everyone.
I broken. And the rest I hardly understand myself.
I've lost my identity.
I felt less like Robin, and more like Winston Smith.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Ok, but when you have the mighty ocean as a buffer between the two?

She's talking about faults under the ocean....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You have nothing to apoligize for. Take care of yourself, and know that someone cares.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Write to me anytime, mate. About anything.

We can keep watch on things here for a while.

You've shown us what we need to be watching for.

We love you, mate.

Mike

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Like the others have said, you have nothing to apologize for. Especially now that we know it's you. I hope you know that we love you, no matter what name you appear as. Which is why I said what I said... and I'm sure why PuterMan said what he did.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
PuterMan, you have made the gravest of errors. Why in the world you did not call this thread "Robin Watch 2011" is beyond me.

At least now we know what to call the next Watch thread for 2012.

And btw, it is against T&C to create multiple accounts for the same user.

top topics

<< 363  364  365    367  368  369 >>

join