It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Puterman,

What are your thoughts in relation to the quoted text below. I really value your opinion and hope this is not some silly stuff that appears to be the real deal. I am just now learning about Schumann Resonance. Thanks in advance!!

viewzone2.com...

Altering and Stressing the Phases

Probably the only force that alters the phases of Earth's Fundamental Resonant Frequency and related harmonic frequencies are stressful positions of the Sun, Moon and planets or an orb ejected from Jupiter or Saturn. Alterations or stresses on the phases of the Schumann Resonance by lunar and planetary influences probably are at least a precipitator to, or at the most a cause for, tectonic plates to slip or shift causing earthquakes.

Two traditionally trained Indian scientists publicly and accurately predicted the time, date, longitude/latitude and magnitude of the devastating Indonesian earthquake and tsunami four days before the deadly event occurred. They constructed their prediction by observing the position of the Sun and Moon at the precise times and dates of previous earthquakes greater than a 7.5 magnitude.

This author hypothesizes the phases of the Schumann Resonance were stressed or altered by the Moon (5 degrees Cancer) being in direct opposition to the Sun (5 degrees Capricorn) on December 26, 2004. On March 27, 1964, the Sun was at 7 degrees Aries and the Moon was at 7 degrees Libra and a massive earthquake shook Alaska. During both the Indonesian and Alaskan earthquakes the Sun was exactly 180 degrees opposite of the Moon on a circle while both the Sun and Moon were in what is known as Cardinal signs.

In other words, if you draw a straight line through the middle of the Earth, the Sun was on one side of the globe and the Moon was exactly on the opposite side of our planet. However this straight line of opposition does not flow directly through two sides of the equator or both poles of the Earth. By astute observation and comparison of the angles of the critical Sun/ Moon opposition line as related to the equator and the poles of the Earth, the Indian scientists precisely located the area where and the time when the phases of the Schumann Resonance would be weakened enough to allow tectonic plates to shift. However, the Indian scientists had no awareness of phases for the Schumann Resonance in their research but their earthquake prognostications by observing and calculating the angles of the Sun/Moon opposition through the Earth are astounding. Many people feel they deserve global accolades for their efforts, discoveries and sterling accomplishments.

The prediction by the Indian scientists was about 28 minutes off in predicting when the earthquake would occur. They were correct in calculating the exact time of the opposition of the Sun and Moon but they did not realize the stress caused by these positions would take about 30 minutes to build on and alter the phases of the Schumann Resonance that caused or contributed to the tectonic plates to slip at an exact location on Earth's harmonic grid.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Duh! Never thought to look under tsunami! Did not expect seismos there. Thanks.

Anyway as I said none of the others are showing the line so it is a glitch on that instrument.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Could be a glitch from the future!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Wonder Japan+aftershocks=energy,turkey+aftershocks=energy,Japan how many aftershocks,turkey till now how many aftershocks?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
www.aurorasentinel.com...

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."
Martin Niemöller

Speak out now. Before there's a fracking well in your backyard.

Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, Daktoha, Pennyslvania, West Virginia. These states have been invaded and occupied by raiders. Other states are soon to fall. It's a blitz krieg.

Fight occupation with occupation.
Occupy.
Occupy and own the debate.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The 'frequency' of the planet if indeed there is one at all could be considered to be the earth tide, which for those interested in earthquakes and volcanoes has considerably more relevance I believe. There is a school that links changes in Schumann resonance to earthquake precursors so I do not rule it out.

First of all this is not the frequency of the planet but is a resonance beneath the ionosphere. Despite the fact that some sources point this out the adherents to the 5th dimension etc still call it the frequency of the planet.

I personally find it most regrettable that so many have a desire to jump on the bandwagon of post event predictions. I find no evidence for this supposed prediction, and if it did take place and was as suggested publicly posted where is the evidence of this now? There are many post predictions out there and many claims but not one verifiable fact that I can find. I find several sites claiming a prediction that have obviously taken material from other sites as evidenced by graphics. Not really a stitch of original and correct prediction out there.

This document contains most of the mumbo-jumbo and errors that are attributed to the Schumann resonance.

There are a number of 'peddlers' who have jumped on the band wagon and will try and sell you gizmos to counter the frequency, or CD to enhance the brain frequency etc etc

A fool and his money.................

I could go on ad infinitum on the subject of these charlatans and the total BS they peddle but it does not, from that point of view, have much to do with earthquakes.

Unfortunately all the BS detracts form the real study of the phenomenon.

Study Schumann resonance and learn about it's harmonics, how it can be an indicator of temperature and may have a part to play in earthquake detection and detection of global climate change.

An interesting paper you can download is 50 Years of Schumann Resonance

Go down the path of the crazies and you only have yourself to blame if you end up waiting to transcend this earth into the 5th dimension, but if you do please gift me your estate before you go to wait.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You are wrong. They are not crazy ideas. Crazy is a state which occurs with people that suffer from a mental illness.

Stupidity is when realively normal people spout fantastic beliefs which have no logic.

The Cult of Scientologists are full of stupid people who believe stupid-irrational things. But they are not mentally ill. They are not crazy.

So, they are stupid ideas.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Today's EQ Fact from the USGS

East Coast earthquakes are felt over a much larger area than earthquakes occurring on the West Coast, because the eastern half of the country is mainly composed of older rock that has not been fractured and cracked by frequent earthquake activity in the recent geologic past. Rock that is highly fractured and crushed absorbs more seismic energy than rock that is less fractured.

Source

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Excluding the day of the 11th March the energy released in Mag 5.0+ quakes labelled 'Honshu' is 4200 Kilotonnes of TNT, or approximately a single Mag 7.63 earthquake. The number of earthquakes is about 1430 of Mag 4+

For Eastern Turkey mag 2.0+, again excluding the day of the main shock, the figure is 8 Kilotonnes of TNT or a single Mag 5.815 earthquake. There have so far been about 630+ mag 2.0 quakes in Turkey.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thaaaaanks for that

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Well I am not going to fall out with you over this Robin but I am afraid you are wrong as well. The word crazy is NOT confined to applying to people with a mental illness, in fact I would consider it extremely rude to call someone with a mental illness crazy. We do not refer to mentally ill people as crazy in English, they are mad if anything at all and I don't even like that use in relation to mentally ill people. Crazy is definitely a word for the stupids in the English language. If you have a different meaning in Canadian or American my apologies, but my English use of it stands.

US
www.merriam-webster.com...
dictionary.reference.com...
UK
www.macmillandictionary.com...

edit on 27/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Didn't we cover this here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ignore it. It probably won't go away!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Here, in North America. It's overused. And used for everything. But it still is stigma.

A hospital for crazy people.

When someone is stressed they say, " I feel like I'm going crazy."

"Look at that guy, doesn't he look crazy."

"Have you taken you crazy pills?"

"He's crazy."

All relating to the mind. And the illness.

The reason it's used so much is song writers like it, and the comdedians.

These are just some just songs alone.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

No earthquakes in Arkansas at the moment.
Crazy quiet.

Edit to add. It's not quiet. About twenty minutes after I wrote that, there were two small quakes. One around 2M.

MAP 2.1 2011/10/27 20:20:58 35.352 -92.291 3.8 5 km ( 3 mi) NE of Guy, AR

One more edit. There was one 2.1M. The other maybe 1M. I'm not predicting. Just observing. They usually show up in pairs. So, I'm expecting another shortly.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
guess that katla was remembering that she was buizzy with something....

en.vedur.is...
edit on 27-10-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
WOW,earthquake.usgs.gov...

This looks INSANE

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A new toy to play with.

quakefinder.com...

QuakeFinder is the world’s leading private research organization focused on creating a system for forecasting major earthquakes. Operating as a humanitarian R&D division of Stellar Solutions and funded by Stellar Solutions, by grants from NASA, subscriptions, and sponsorships from the public, QuakeFinder has developed the science, technology, infrastructure and expertise that are the foundation for a practical earthquake forecasting solution. NEWS

quakefinder.com...

qcn.stanford.edu...

Volunteers needed to help scientists find "the holy grail of seismology" -- an earthquake warning system that works

www.baycitizen.org...
edit on 27-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I second that. Here in the U.S., "crazy" means insane, mad, mentally unstable. A derogatory term. BUT....depending on the context of the conversation, it can also be playful "Oh stop it, you're so craaaazy!" (followed by laughter) in a joking or teasing way. But mostly it is used in the first way.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Schumann and Polar Shift

The author of that article does not even understand the basics of electromagnetism - and much less the phenomena of Schumann's' Resonance (SR).

That there is a link between Electromagnetism and Earthquakes - yes I do believe. But it is not the cause or even the trigger of earthquakes; unless you consider the thunder of a lightning strike as trigger of earthquakes.

Regardless that, most people think of SR as 7.83 Hz or something around 12 Hz. Fact is today the SR is still a theoretical calculation - but it varies day to day because the thickness of the Troposphere and Stratosphere as well as air density changes. The true SR is a section between 3 Hz and about 46 Hz, where 7.83Hz was the peak fundamental calculation reached by Schumann in 1952. Solar flare energy, magnetosphere, solar wind, magnetic charge, cosmic radiation - and clouds all affect the pinpoint frequency. Other frequencies are harmonics from there; but even 0.01 changes in the fundamental changes all other harmonics.

There is however a much more important effect/result from the SR - Biological; most critical our own mindset and moods. Call it 'mind control', the kind of thing people wrongly attribute to HAARP. There are very logical studies linking mass human behaviour of current days to the recent increase in SR; though time is needed to verify findings.

Here is a more sober minded article: Sober Schumann
As for Polar Shift: The biggest BS I ever saw is when people say the Earth will stop rotation and then start turning the opposite way. Yes, I do think we are in entering the phase of polar shift. The earth does not need to stop, same as magnetic poles wanders about 80km every day around a centre point which relocates about 55 km each year, cyclic. During this past 100 years the centre of the Magnetic North has moved about 380 km, 1060 km during the past 400 years.

There are actually THREE north poles (and South poles), two of which are Magnetic. The Magnetic poles reverses regularly - NOT THE GEOGRAPHIC or the True North. The Earth rotates around the Geographic axle, it can't stop - will take trillions of years to slow down and stop since there are no friction in space; such slow down can only start when the Sun is no more!

But the Magnetic poles can reverse, and that IMHO is due to changes in solar activity. The same also most likely related to galactic positioning and effects on our sun.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Fox Islands

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude - 5.5

Date-Time

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 01:35:30 UTC
Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 04:35:30 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location - 52.038°N, 171.514°W

Depth - 53.3 km (33.1 miles)

Region - FOX ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA

Distances

53 km (32 miles) SSW of Amukta Island, Alaska
87 km (54 miles) SW of Yunaska Island, Alaska
1661 km (1032 miles) WSW of Anchorage, Alaska
2411 km (1498 miles) W of WHITEHORSE, Yukon Territory, Canada

Location Uncertainty - horizontal +/- 20.6 km (12.8 miles); depth +/- 9 km (5.6 miles)

Parameters

NST=270, Nph=283, Dmin=184.8 km, Rmss=0.77 sec, Gp=112°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=8

SOURCE

top topics

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join