It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Finally, I have something I can share with my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Yodeling sucks, and Allah be praised for enlightening me to that truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I have to admit, I'm at a loss to explain why I should care what you do at an airport. Sure, I think it's perfectly acceptable. Go for it. Might want to go down to the local theater to scream "fire!" while you're at it. In for a penny, in for a pound, eh? You won't find me in either place, so I can't say that I care much what folks choose to do there.

Do they have lawns over there? Do they mow them? Are you unable to determine the difference between mowing a lawn and creating a stampede?

So, in other words you accept that the US has restrictions on freedom of expression as well.

You have just proved my point.

His crime wasn't mowing a lawn; his apparent crime was mocking the Muslim call to prayer, which no doubt falls foul of inciting religious/racial hatred.

The laws on incitement are in place to prevent hate speech that may instigate violence between different ethnic and religious groups.

The potential outcome of racial/religious incitement would be equally as undesirable as a stampede.

Sure, I make no secret of my extreme dislike for the guy currently holding the office. Presidential he ain't. I've had a LOT to say about him, none of it good, and ain't had any problems yet.

Now that THAT'S out of the way...

Care to explain to me how that scenario relates to me mowing my own yard, and singing while I do it? Even if he WAS the next door neighbor. His say stops at my fence line.

This isn't about you mowing your lawn.

You made a statement earlier, bemoaning the fact that ''when did you [ presumably Europe ] let your countries get this way'', or something to this effect.

I am pointing out that your freedom of expression is also restricted in the US, as threatening to kill the POTUS is quite rightly not allowed, as it is tantamount to incitement to kill.

Pretty well. I'm not in jail or the looney bin over it. We're not the USSA.... YET.

Well, go down to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and say the things that I've suggested, and then tell me how that free expression is working out for you.

If I can understand what you're saying in between the waterboardings.

Well, uh, YEAH! That's why the judge said he was fined - for yodeling and offending the muslims. My question is, again, WHY HAVE THEY ALLOWED THIS? Hell, I though Austrians were about as tough as Germans. Then again, Germans seem to have been doing some knuckling under of late as well. I'm confident, however that they'll eventually snap out of it.

I thought I'd already explained that.

Presumably a deliberate attempt to mock the Muslim call to prayer falls foul of Austrian laws on this issue.

Why wouldn't the Austrians allow this ? It's their countries, their laws.

Once again, the American idea that putting these particular restrictions on expression is somehow wrong, has absolutely no bearing on the laws of another country.

Been there, done that, checked it off. No problems. I was careful not to actually hit him or anything, though. That would have been a crime, as I said above.
Nope. Some stopped to hear what I had to say. Surprisingly, several agreed.

Yes, and I'm sure that what you were saying was rather more constructive and eloquent than just preaching hatred and suggesting that he should be killed.

If you did that, then I'm sure you would have had a slightly different response from all parties concerned.

Nossir. Nothing they can do until shots are fired or schmitties thrown - you know, an actual INJURY of some sort is done or is imminent. Well, even at that, in Greensboro NC they had no repercussions beyond some silly-assed "truth and reconciliation commission" several years after the fact, and in that case shots WERE fired, and 5 folks killed.

Fair enough. I stand corrected on that particular point.

Thanks for the information about that Greensboro incident; I hadn't heard about that before.

Yup. "Breach of the Peace" involves... breaching the peace! DOING something, not SAYING something. Singing while working certainly doesn't meet the standard.

It's obviously different over there, than it is over here.

In the UK, shouting racial slurs in your front garden could lead to a number of reasons for arrest, including breaching the peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
Pray tell, why does the world have to bend over backwards to accomodate Muslims for??
2nd......................

A Million+ muslims have been eating bullets or getting dismembered by bombs in the last decade so other people in the world can get their oil.

Make the muslims think they are getting something with some political correctness here and there....and keep stealing their oil and slaughtering them is a pretty good battle plan wouldn't ya say?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Absolutely ridiculous!!

Muslims wish to live among those who don't follow religion and then make out we should live to there standards. Live to standards we don't agree with? honestly, it's starting to anger me to a point where my head may explode.

If they want to live with a religion, go to a country that accepts it, it's fu*king ludicrous that we should put up with this sh*t!

Imagine if I went to a country where there lived muslims, everywhere, living by every rule and I go buy a house find out that next door at 5 every day, I hear there sh*tty religious songs blaring towards my house. Should I be able to go around there and say ''Can you shut the fu*k up with your nonsense, I don't believe humans should do this and because I don't follow religion, can you cater to my wants because I find this offensive to my life!''

How about that? hmmm hmmm?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I fully expect someone to whip out the racist card for my comment as it seems to be the thing to do these days... but...

Muslims are either increasingly doing these things (complaints, lawsuits etc), the media is jumping on these previously unreported stories or, the courts are trying desperately to be ultra-PC... possibly all three.

In any case, the Muslims had best think about what they are doing as it is upsetting the people... not the courts... not the government... the people. The people will one day say enough and push back. Often this entails low-grade violence and discrimination. And, infringing on the host country's culture and/or daily life is one thing many people feel strongly enough about to illicit violence if they are pushed too far. At the very least, the Muslims, in doing these things, are helping foster some hatred, unease and, prejudice against themselves.

Had this incident been reversed and it was the Austrian being offended by the Muslims' Call of the Muezzin or prayers, none of us would have ever heard about it (and in all likelihood the Austrian wouldn't have complained to the authorities in the first place).

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm from Austria and this one is a fake news... it was a twisted fact by a right-wing populist newspaper...
Unfortunately I just have a German-languaged article... but those "Muslim" articles got removed from the newspaper after the truth was revealed...

www.kobuk.at...

It's just cheap propaganda, similair to "Fox News" (USA) or "Herald Sun" (Australia)
edit on 16-12-2010 by ZaphBot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kix

You could not be more wrong.. DWTS was not even in the works in 01! Nice try though...
But my General Hospital was postponed!!!

ok kidding aside...

Maybe I am part of the problem... But, I am happy to show some TSA folks my twig and berries, if it even cuts down the odds of a bomb on a plane by .5%... Ill do a naked Jig in the security line, if I thought it would somehow increase my odds of NOT being blown up.

I also hear... Waaaaaa they can look at my emails!!! waaaaaaaa.. where does it stop??? WTF are you people sending through emails that is so top secret? Let me guess "That is not the point resurrectio"... That is exactly the point.. In last month they would have seen a few Nudes sent from a "friend" in Kalkaska Mi.. Some receipts from x-mas shopping... A few emails to the family... Now .. In the last month they probably found some "radical" 20 year old using the words "Bomb,explosives,planes and mass causalities".. I am ok with that..get at em dogs!
maybe it was just a coincidence... But check it out none the less!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
If this were an isolated incident.

If they were not invading our countries and being forced to accomodate them and their "needs" as in the special restrooms with special "foot washing" stations? Or maybe the segregated male female swimming areas?

No dude. This is one of many incidents. Muzzies need to leave.

You want to support them? Great. Join in with them when they are marched home.

Choose your side.

''They'' are not ''invading'' anywhere.

Here in the UK, there's an estimated 2.4m British Muslims, most of whom are born in Britain. ''They'' are just as British as anybody else.

Where exactly would their ''home'' be ?

As for your complaints about separate swimming areas, different changing facilities etc., then I'm not sure how much clearer I can state this:

All of the laws and regulations that you are complaining about are not implemented by Muslims, they are implemented by governments and authorities in Western countries.

If you disagree with these laws and regulations, then it would be best to aim your ire at the government or authority in question.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ZaphBot

When did we switch from Australian to Austrian?? Did I miss something? Arent we still talking about the lawn mowing AUSTRALIAN? Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
When did we switch from Australian to Austrian?? Did I miss something? Arent we still talking about the lawn mowing AUSTRALIAN? Correct me if I am wrong.

No, this case is in Austria, the country in central Europe. Not Australia, the country and continent at the ''arse-end of the world'', who, incidentally, are getting a good stuffing in the cricket.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by ZaphBot

It happened in AUSTRIA... (Europe)
What happened was, there was a muslim group in a small town in Austria, always when they had their prayers (once a week) a guy where yodeling like a muezzin... he was aware of that and the other thing is... not the muslims sued that racist neighbour, it was the police and the third thing is... there wasn't a court hearing about that (like the newspaper said), they made extrajustical arrangment.

The newspaper article have been twisted facts and propaganda and have been removed from the homepage after the blog "debunked" it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It is hard for me to read all these posts because it just keeps angering me more and more about what the country has become! It scares me because I'm wondering what will our country become in the next ten years??? I didn't know that a Veteran had to take down an American flag off his porch because it offended someone! That probably angers me the most out of everything I have read! WE ARE IN AMERICA! If you live here by your own free will and you don't like the fact that we are proud of our country (although it's giving me more and more reason to not be) then get the eff out! Seriously!

Fantastic post! I couldn't agree more with you and I admire you for posting even though it may offend some people and you could get a fine ha ha.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZaphBot
What happened was, there was a muslim group in a small town in Austria, always when they had their prayers (once a week) a guy where yodeling like a muezzin... he was aware of that and the other thing is... not the muslims sued that racist neighbour, it was the police and the third thing is... there wasn't a court hearing about that (like the newspaper said), they made extrajustical arrangment.

The newspaper article have been twisted facts and propaganda and have been removed from the homepage after the blog "debunked" it.

It's always good to hear the facts from someone who is in the country where the story took place.

This is what I suspected; the man was intentionally mocking the call to prayer of his Muslim neighbours, and quite rightly got punished for it.

You say there wasn't a court hearing, but did this guy still get fined €800 ?

edit on 16-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ZaphBot

Ahh ok... Can we do something about the foot bath in U of M? to the tune of 27K ...Can we get the noise ordinance in Dearborn Michigan reinstated to NOT cover 5 calls to prayer, that are played over a VERY loud speaker system? please?

Oh ... and one more thing. If they can wear their head scarves in SOS and DMV pics.. I should be able to wear my Bauer Hockey hat too.

I am not going to lie.. I do not like Muslims... I am 100% biased... Just like Oozy and his followers [edit] Strongly dislike the US.. I [edit] Strongly dislike Islam!

Lets solve all of this today.
edit on 12/16/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

It's always good to hear the facts from someone who is in the country where the story took place.

This is what I suspected; the man was intentionally mocking the call to prayer of his Muslim neighbours, and quite rightly got punished for it.

You say there wasn't a court hearing, but did this guy still got fined €800 ?

Nothing about that in the blog, but I doubt it... I think they've been satisfied if he said that he will stop his "mobbing".

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ZaphBot

Thanks for clearing that up for us. The similarity to Fox News is hillarious.

I gotta just shake my head about some people. They don't want to hear it if something upsets a Muslim's beliefs, but by golly those Muslims are going to here it from us!

My neighbour, who is Muslim and Pakistani, doesn't like dogs and doesn't hesitate to tell me so. So? Do I need to get all upset about that? No.

He doesn't like dogs because of the teachings of his faith. He should understand that not everyone shares his faith, but in the end it is no big deal! I don't over-react and we go on to talk about the weather or whatever.

Muslims have a right to express themselves but in the end must live within our laws like anyone else. It doesn't mean we have to over react to every difference -- because that is what most here have been doing. It is so funny that they have been so easily suckered by Austria's version of Fox.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
accused him of trying to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

too identical to this.........?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Nothing about that in the blog, but I doubt it... I think they've been satisfied if he said that the will stop his "mobbing".

This sounds like yet another story that has been twisted to portray Muslims in a negative light, and I'm glad that you cleared up a lot of the details about this case.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The guy should bring counter-charges.

Say he was practicing his religion which requires mowing the lawn while yodeling and these people were disturbing him.

Be even more fun if next time the guy has his wife (or some other willing female) do the mowing/yodeling while in a bikini.

Always fun to sharpen an idiots sword and then use it against them.

(Them in this case being the ridiculous judiciary of Austria...)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
These Muslims need to get over themselves,

second line
edit on 16-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join