It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by conar

I am neither Muslim nor Austrian, but if I had to pick between the call to prayer or the yodelling, the call to prayer would win hands down. I'd rather listen to rap than yodelling.

Mind you, those country singers from the '40s made it seem sort of nice.
I am not religious, but I find religious music to be very soothing, no matter who's religion it is. It's just the dogma that I can't stand.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This IS ridiculous! These situations have been occurring in Western Europe for many years now. Being from Switzerland, I check the news from the area a lot and I always find absolutely idiotic charges against true Swiss citizens and leniency towards all Muslim immigrants. Not to mention all of the free benefits many Muslim immigrants may enjoy, they are also let off very easily even from committing crimes such as murder and rape. You may absolutely not give any immigrant any questionable looks or call them an "out-lander" or else you're going to screwed. My question still is.. WHY are the governments doing this?! This is NOT equality. Anyone who really knows what happens in most Western European countries knows this.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun
This IS ridiculous! These situations have been occurring in Western Europe for many years now. Being from Switzerland, I check the news from the area a lot and I always find absolutely idiotic charges against true Swiss citizens and leniency towards all Muslim immigrants. Not to mention all of the free benefits many Muslim immigrants may enjoy, they are also let off very easily even from committing crimes such as murder and rape. You may absolutely not give any immigrant any questionable looks or call them an "out-lander" or else you're going to screwed. My question still is.. WHY are the governments doing this?! This is NOT equality. Anyone who really knows what happens in most Western European countries knows this.

This is being done on purpose in order to destabilize Europe and the West.

TPTB know what a great and prosperous culture we have and thus the only way to destroy it without them getting blamed is to bring in hoards of intolerant Muslim immigrants.

They know that Islam is incompatible with freedom and our values, that's what makes it so effective.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the responses are super predictable in this thread...
I personally don't feel strongly about this because ya know... the facts might be twisted and this entire story is kinda lame... but from what i've read... the muslim is at fault here. But his action doesn't speak for the entire Muslim community!
I live in a predominantly Muslim country and the "Muslims" who end up committing biased, extreme and irrational acts aren't proper Muslims to begin with... they stem from political and power hungry organisations that use religion as an excuse to commit terrorism or whatever...
blah... so sick of this back and forth between the west and east.. so i'll just eat dinner.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jujubug
I live in a predominantly Muslim country and the "Muslims" who end up committing biased, extreme and irrational acts aren't proper Muslims to begin with... they stem from political and power hungry organisations that use religion as an excuse to commit terrorism or whatever...

Religion used for political power and control. What a concept.

The West would never be guilty of something like that.

Thank you ZaphBot - - for bringing the truth of this story. I'm only sorry it took 13 pages of human Fear - - first.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

Originally posted by SLAYER69
ATS Mods I'm about to Break the T & C and offend people

edit on 15-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Christ mate !! I was initially going to post 10 pages of rant about these freaking religious people demanding I quake to the voices in their heads. But, dear god alive !! If that woman happened to live next door and did that every time she cut the grass, well
"Smithers release the hounds"

Jewel can live next to me and Yodel all she wants.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
With all this absurdity they are attempting to push us into a multicultural athiest society where religion is frowned upon. If I did not know better I would have said both the austrian legal system and the judge are #ed up, but this happens in many countries, so its no suprise anymore. I don't really blame the muslim family who filed suit against his neighbor(s) since he has every right to be as crazy as he wants. THE ISSUE LIES WITH HOW THE CASE WAS HANDLED...100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact the legal system has become totally perverted is very worrisome. Judges are making all kinds of WRONG DECISIONS and nobody is really chastising them appropriately. It is one thing to disturb the peace during sleeping hours and it is quite another to blame someone that he/she is offending your religious beliefs by yodelling, farting, coughing, sneezing..etc during prayer. If the muslims don't like it, MOVE OUT AND GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY as your not welcome anymore!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I don't know if it's sheer sadness at what we've become or because I just laughed my ass off at the OP's news story.

What people fail to realize is that this is the growing norm for the western country. Islam doesn't come to live in your home, it comes to change it. Everything non-Islamic is offensive to them. Norway's piggy bank had to be removed from banks because it was "offensive and insulting" to the Muslims. We now have a nice square-ish piggy bank. This is just one, small thing that we had to change out of a thousand other small things. You give an inch, they demand (and take) a mile.

It used to be that when you immigrated to a country, you respected and observed their culture. You didn't try to make that country conform to your culture. There's nothing wrong with practicing your culture, but you have to realize that when you move, you LEAVE your home and your new home isn't going to be exactly like your old one. If you can't accept the changes, then don't move or find a new home!

The West is the only place losing out on their culture, especially Europe. There's not droves of Christians moving to Iraq to demand Muslims to allow pork to be sold in the markets, for women to go without burqas etc. Or demand that we get millions in dollars to build Mosques on their dime. We'd be laughed at if not killed.

Our political correctness, give everyone everything attitude is going to kill us. It's already happening.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Wow. ATS has really become a place to jump to conclusions without getting all the information. Did anyone read or bother to get ALL the facts? Read down through the comments. And look, I admit that muslims are offend by alot of stuff, but in this case everyone was WAY to quick to jump on the hate Islam bandwagon. Get the full story, deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They're offended by something that is part of the national heritage of Austria?

Then LEAVE AUSTRIA.

Next, Muslims living in America will become offended by the Constitution.

Political Correctness is alive and well worldwide, it seems. It's time it ended, period. It is a complete misinterpretation of laws that guarantee religious freedom, which do not apply in most Muslim countries.

If the Muslims tried to pull this sort of stuff under Sharia law, they would be LAUGHED at.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Alright. The time has come.
*walks away and grabs his cleaning kit for 'lil buddy'...*

This is BS! This is political correctness gone crazy! I think as some of the other posters have said; it's time to fire up the ol' Sunday Mass speakers!

Wow. Islam. It's so peaceful isn't it? Give me a break! It's 10X more violent then Christianity has EVER been! You know people bring up the Crusades but let me tell you this. Christians LEARNED, what they were doing was wrong! Muslims CONTINUE to murder Men, Women, and Children.

How about this; We make being a Muslim an automatic target for profiling! These people are out of control. Look at history. You can only push White Men and level headed men so far before they FIGHT back...

Tick Tock. Tick Tock...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hello from austria.
Take it from a native:
Kronenzeitung.
Whenever you read that, you can rest assured that any similarity between the story and what really happened, are entirely coincidental, and not done on purpose.

Also in this case.
For those of you that can read german:
www.kobuk.at...

He was systematically being noisy, only during friday prayer times. He only stopped when the District Attorney came knocking, and managed to settle out of court.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
wow....its kinda lucky that offending someone isnt against the law eh....or im sure, everyone of us on here would be classed as a criminal

PC gone mad, if they dont like it move to a muslim country where you can beat your wife and marry 9 year old kids.

Like i say....its not a crime to annoy or offend someone, so lets hope these silly muslims just move and stop causing trouble

link   
reply to post by coop039

Yeah, I just finished reading German to English translation of the real story. The TRUTH. Remember that?

The yodeler has been harassing his Muslim neighbors every Friday at prayer time for over a year and agreed to pay 800 Euros to prevent himself getting into trouble!
There was no "Judge Ruling" at ALL! This story is completely bunk!

Can't believe how many ATSers fell for it... Well, yes, I can. So many haters willing to believe anything.

link   
This thread is indictive of how tired people are of Muslims. With their ridiculous commands and expectations. That otherwise tolerant, decent, left-leaning people are in agreement speaks volumes.

ATS is not a community of bigots who blindly buy into the agenda of Western Media and government. We're talking about intelligent, free thinking people, who've all come to the same conclusion; Islam is a disease. And followers of Islam should first and foremost follow and respect the laws of the land, not their Holy Book.

Islamic nations are hundreds of years behind Western nations in regards to values, freedoms and tolerance. These same backwards people come en-mass to Europe and refuse to embrace our values and traditions. This isn't an issue of White-European bigotry. Come to England, visit Birmingham, ask the large Carribean community what they make of the Muslims. Do the same in France, Denmark etc.

In my town a few years ago a black man was banned from wearing a St George bandana because it was deemed offensive to Muslims. Recently a WW2 War Memorial was defaced with the words 'DIE WHITE B*STARDS' wrote across it. Now these are just small examples, but small examples that are happening in increasing numbers across all of Europe.

Imagine the brutality, barbarism and backwards nature of European Christianity hundreds of years ago. Well that's where Islam is TODAY. They're not just decades, but centuries behind the West. Not even just the West, the whole world! The Cannibal communities of PNG are about as advanced as Saudi Arabia!

People need to understand and not buy into the media hype. This is not a race issue, it's an issue with Islam and the Islamic culture that comes with it.

Religious extremism is a threat to all of us. Islam in particular.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by coop039

Yeah, I just finished reading German to English translation of the real story. The TRUTH. Remember that?

The yodeler has been harassing his Muslim neighbors every Friday at prayer time for over a year and agreed to pay 800 Euros to prevent himself getting into trouble!
There was no "Judge Ruling" at ALL! This story is completely bunk!

Can't believe how many ATSers fell for it... Well, yes, I can. So many haters willing to believe anything.

People 'fall' for it because it sounds plausable. It's no less ridiculous than very real incidents of Muslim fascism being imposed in Europe.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Don't worry, my hate and despise came long before this article. I am not ashamed to say - "Islam is violent and un evolved"... Muslims think everyone should bow to their wishes.. If they become a majority in a area/region or country, they instantly try to impose Islamic law.. So, in short.. I think Islam is a wart on this planet.. I for one, can not wait until it disappears.

I have never seen a more offended people. they seem to be the only religion that can't seem to fit into modern society... Instead of saying that the suicide bombers and the ones that promote violence are "fanatics".. Everyone should recognize the facts... The ones that don't endorse Jihad or condone violence, are actually overly conservative muslims..

I am also annoyed that firefox keeps suggesting I capitalize muslim. grrrr.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

At least someone here has some sense. NO ONE is reading the whole story!
C'mon people!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
This thread is indictive of how tired people are of Muslims.

It's also indicative of the amount of bigotry here.

ATS is not a community of bigots

Not all of them, but a large portion.

In my town a few years ago a black man was banned from wearing a St George bandana because it was deemed offensive to Muslims.

Your GOVERNMENT is at fault, not Muslims.

People need to understand and not buy into the media hype.

That's exactly what you're all doing! Buying into the media hype!

Religious extremism is a threat to all of us. Islam in particular.

ANY extremism is a threat to us. Blaming it on the evil Muslims is just a cop out.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join