It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I do know that austria is The country that threw itself into the arms of Hitler and the Nazis ww2,,The guys age leads me to think he grew up there during the war and afterwards....I dunno, bit it is a possiblity that he was really mocking the muslims.
I wonder if there was a history there we are not privy to....?
Perhaps he is a good fellow, and it was all a misunderstanding....but 800 euro?
Thats a hefty fine in a civil type case
I find it interesting that the judge only ruled that the guy "COULD HAVE" been mocking the mulims prayer.
This is what i would call grounds for dissmissal, if there was not other compelling evidence presented.
Saying "could have", in court is tanamount to saying cannot be prtoved.
I suppose it depends upon how the charges were laid.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by jibeho
Let's all move to a predominantly muslim nation and complain of the offensive islamic call to prayer (adhan) that is howled throughout every village 5 times a day. I don''t think that would go over to well.

What has that got to do with this thread ?

This thread is about a case in Austria, involving Austrian citizens, that has been adjudicated on under Austrian law.

Now wait just a minute - didn't you just try to compare an Austrian singing while he mowed his lawn to me screaming hate at an American government official? Or you trying to cause a stampede in a US airport?

Yet you're going to call someone on making a valid comparison, but putting the shoe on the other foot?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I used to take naps to the Muezzin in between patrols in Baghdad.

You have no idea the peaceful effect of a quiet soccer field, a mosque speaker, and a few minutes of not killing each other.

But yodeling is its own thing.

Its just another form of singing, without the usual associated religious or societal connotations.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Yodeling Offends Muslims

Who gives a rats furry butt if it offends them!
Yodeling and Austria go together like pees and carrots or Like Islam and stoning women.

Jeeze Slayer, don't say that. Now you'll have the "you hate muslim's you must be a jew" brigade on your tail.

Yet another example of how Europe bends over backwards to keep the arabs here happy.
If the bloke next door was a catholic, jew, protestant, lutheran etc etc any faith apart from muslim, do you think this thread would exist??
edit on 16-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Jeeze Slayer, don't say that. Now you'll have the "you hate muslim's you must be a jew" brigade on your tail.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I can't stop laughing. I stuck my head out the door and yodeled at the top of my lungs. That's what got me laughing. It's given me an idea for absurdist one act play. If I write the thing, it will probably offend a lot of Muslims. Too bad.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

There. I think that makes me higher on their crap-list than yodelers.
edit on 16-12-2010 by WhiteOneActual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Oh God my muslim neighbours offend me wewith their praying. Can I drag them to court?

Honestly, these muslims are so insecure. Soon breathing will be an insult... no wait, it already is if your an infedel!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yeah well read this before you make up your mind www.abovetopsecret.com...

the argument is compelling and if youre a Jesus freak lol fun times

Originally posted by nonnez

Originally posted by fonenyc
Islam and Shia Law will rule the world one day

God help the world the day that happens, I sure hope the females in my family have already left the world and do not have to live under that tyranny and abuse.

and its funny, because someone told me Islam was created as the opponent of Xtianity which was created as the opponent to Judaism; all of which was a scenario created by Julius Caesar in his self imposed exile to fulfill HIS blueprint known as the NWO.

Ummm, alrighty then.
edit on 16-12-2010 by nonnez because: Tags

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

People keep bringing them up because they underscore the complete hiprocracy of the Muslim community. The gal who called the police in Austria would have to ask permission to use the phone to call an authority in a Muslim country and to the extent that a policeman came to the house would not be able to go onto the front porch without her traditional garb and not without being in the presence of a man in her family. Did you see that lovely video that came out yesterday where a woman was whipped in Sudan for wearing pants? Fantastic culture they have over there.

People keep bringing it up because it underscores the intolerance of the Muslims who want certain elements of thier retrograde culture to be exported to other nations. They want to leave the hell holes of their birth and move to a more enlightned culture (for what reason is beyond me) yet they constantly look to evolve their new countries in the model of the one they left.

Your business about Austrian law is also bogus. The gent was fined because he was making a noise that could be offensive to the Muslims. It was not offensive in form or context, it was the feeling of the neighbors, her opinion that he was making a noise to purposefully mock her religion. He did not do anything wrong. He did not violate a noise ordinance, he did not make a statement that defamed Islam or that family in particular. He was engaging in a practice in which Austrians have been engaging in for 100s of years.

He was fined because these folks were Muslim. No other group of people hold the yoke of fear over others in the same manner that the Muslims do and for good reason. Do you honestly think that were a Christian to call the police and complain that they interpreted the Muslim neighbor's singing was designed to denegrate and mock his religion while he was holding a Christian prayer meeting would get the same reaction from the police? Do you honestly think that if the roles were reversed the Muslim would get a stiff fine?

The cops would tell the Christian gent to suck it up and thats exactly what they should have told his neighbors.

link   
Being born and raised in Austria myself, I have never heard of that story nor could I find it online. Even if it happened, the groundless muslim bashing by the one-sided media and ignorant online rants by brain damaged sheeple, just fuels the desired fire... Yodeling is something the rednecks or country people do that can't speak proper German, the chanting of the Muezzin is praying. And praying and the believe in God is missing especially in Western Europe, hate towards everybody who is foreign remains...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
ATS Mods I'm about to Break the T & C and offend people

edit on 15-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Christ mate !! I was initially going to post 10 pages of rant about these freaking religious people demanding I quake to the voices in their heads. But, dear god alive !! If that woman happened to live next door and did that every time she cut the grass, well
"Smithers release the hounds"

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Ive looked for this so called story online but as yet have been unsuccessful, If indeed these events did happen then this would be yet another waste of time and money and resources.. The judge in question should of simply thrown this out of court and told the muslims to stop pretending to be jewish and buy some double glazing.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Its not so much muslims that are to blame for this but the leftist/"liberal" mindset. That mindset has it that

a) there are no cultures/nationalities/borders
b) the people perceived as a "minority" deserve special entitlement.

The sick Communist agenda is the root cause of these types of rulings, not muslims.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HedyLamarr
Being born and raised in Austria myself, I have never heard of that story nor could I find it online.

Thats funny, because several official news-sources are linked in this thread.

Even if it happened, the groundless muslim bashing by the one-sided media and ignorant online rants by brain damaged sheeple, just fuels the desired fire... Yodeling is something the rednecks or country people do that can't speak proper German, the chanting of the Muezzin is praying. And praying and the believe in God is missing especially in Western Europe, hate towards everybody who is foreign remains...

Lefists/Liberals always consider the national customs of a country something that "rednecks only" do, and the acts of muslims as "superior".

Its exactly what makes the Communist agenda so sickening.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

vet who was forced to remove the American flag from his porch.

I really think it is about time AMERICANS started to fight back. Every time you se a FOREIGN FLAG displayed file a complaint, every time you see someone in foreign costume file a complaint.

My grand parents came to the USA from all over. THEY were proud to be Americans. If these people do not want to become American. If they think home is so much better than they can turn right around and go back home.

I am getting sick and tired of being told it is "Politically Correct" to trash America and kick her around.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
People are forever pushing on doors ....... sometimes those doors are open.

If my neighbour thought he could get away with parking one of his many trucks in my driveway he would do .

Muslim agendas ....

From what I can see it was an Austrian Judge that made this decision .
Or should I say `opened the door`.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
"judges ruled he could have tried to offend them and ridicule their belief."

could have??? then possibly, the alternative is also true?? he COULD HAVE not meant any harm whatsoever???

do they realize just how many times a day someone does something to another person which COULD HAVE been trying to offend them, but probably wasn't???

stay in your homes, lock your doors, lest you inadvertantly offend someone!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Updating the old joke:
Knock, knock...
Who's there?
Little old lady.
Little old lady who?
Hey! Cut that out, fool! There may be some Muslims listening!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think that it just happens to be that the guy is muslim.........YODELING OFFENDS ALMOST EVERYONE no matter what color or creed/ I can't stand that crap. This Particular judge did a good thing, muslims or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join