It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria: Judge Rules That Yodeling Offends Muslims

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

the right to not be offended does not exist. Suck it up, be a man.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Pray tell, why does the world have to bend over backwards to accomodate Muslims for??
2nd......................

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Now I could be wrong, but to me this seems like a different type of "false flag" being placed on muslims. First we had 9/11 being blamed on muslims, and now we have judges and countries bending over backwards and then some in order to please muslims. A 9 year old can see the hypocrisy of a man not being allowed to yodel because it offends muslims and so it also offends the yodeller, but the judges seem to overlook what a nine year old could see. I'm thinking this is being done intentionally in order to rile up racism against muslims. They are scared of the riots in England because it is tax paying citizens angry against the government, so they want to channel that hatred into anger against Arabs so the government can send all the protesters out to war to get shot and killed.

I mean there's really no other reason to explain the insanity, how is it that a muslim's sensitivity can be taken into account and not the yodeller. I've also heard there was a "noise war" whatever that means, some type of neighborly feud, even if that is the case, the news story is focusing on the same old story of "muslims get everything, everyone else gets nothing," which makes me think there is a larger organization at work, and not just muslims who complain. I'm trying not to be biased towards muslims, because for all I care for their sharia law I'd take up yodelling just to piss them off, but I think that is the point.
edit on 16-12-2010 by filosophia because: grammar, and sensitivity to people by editing out words like "stupid, idiotic, and inane" which I should have kept in.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Although I find this beyond stupid, and can't fathom how a Judge [being a person of supposedly high intelligence] could come to this conclusion. I have been pondering lately; who's really more at fault for 'the Muslims' vs 'West' sentiment.

Putting over the top cases like this this thread to one side for a second... Being a member of the western world I naturally see more of our haters than, Muslims, throwing insults. But I do find it interesting how even the community on a conspiracy theory website now seem apparently on the, Muslims always play victim bandwagon, rehashing every quip and moan going. Prior to 9/11 the majority of the western world never even gave them [Muslims] a second thought.

Now the entire western world has seemingly been roped into having an inbuilt disdain toward Muslims and continually debating the issue. All when even the most gullible has to wonder, did they start the 'fight' or did we invade many Muslim homelands? If it wasn't for our gullibility, they'd have never got the attention required to pass overly sensitive rulings like this, and probably wouldn't hate the westerners so much.

I hate the term, but Sheeple anyone?

[yes you could go back centuries, but here I'm talking about recent times and recent social trends]
edit on 16-12-2010 by Sed Non Credo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PC world indeed pathetic if you ask me.

I sure would like to know what religion the judge follows as i think that should now be an important thing so there is no favouritism going on as i do sort feel there is...........

if people of any nation leave their country of origin, they should then respect and follow that country's rules and laws, and there should be no room for them to complain really as they have chosen to live in said country so they can leave if they dont like it, and we should question why have they left their own country to live in another if it does so upset them so much in any way or form of local customs or traditions.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The reality is that our very existence offends Muslims. It gets no simpler than that.

IRM

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by jibeho
Just a quick attempt to put the shoe on the other foot. Austrians often yodel as do the Swiss. The muslims were claiming to be offended by the yodeler and not bothered by the nuisance noise of the yodel itself.

The case surrounds the claim that the man's yodelling was a deliberate attempt to mock the call to prayer of his Muslim neighbours.

The judge apparently upheld this claim, and the man was fined accordingly.

Originally posted by jibeho
I move to a muslim nation I should expect the adhan to be shrieked from the minarets five times a day.

Right, I'm going to have to stop you there again.

Once again, the laws of any given Muslim country have absolutely no bearing or relevance to Austrian laws.

This thread is about a case that is governed by the laws of Austria, so why do people keep on illogically bringing up irrelevant laws and attitudes from other countries that have nothing to do with this story ?

edit on 15-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

If this were an isolated incident.

If they were not invading our countries and being forced to accomodate them and their "needs" as in the special restrooms with special "foot washing" stations? Or maybe the segregated male female swimming areas?

No dude. This is one of many incidents. Muzzies need to leave.

You want to support them? Great. Join in with them when they are marched home.

Choose your side.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I've also heard there was a "noise war" whatever that means, some type of neighborly feud, ...

So perhaps the guy actually knew when the neighbours were in prayer, and intentionally chose that time to mow his lawn and yodel at the same time..... hmmm

Things are never as black and white or simple as they seem. If it appears too ridiculous to be true, then its probably not true. My hunch is that there is more to this story than its cracked up to be, and the ignorance may not just be on the part of the judge.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If the man in the article was infact mocking the muslim family, is he going to admit it? If he didn´t it´s an unjust ruling, and there´ll be several more because humans are good messing things up. But I doubt this would be made into a post if it was an Austrian family. Am I supposed to feel outrage?

I wish I could tell you that the muslims I know are savages and extremists, but that´s just not the case. They are good people.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It must be innocent...

Because if he really wanted to offend he would of sung some B. Spears ditty (perhaps Toxic?) while mowing.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Now wait just a minute - didn't you just try to compare an Austrian singing while he mowed his lawn to me screaming hate at an American government official? Or you trying to cause a stampede in a US airport?

Yet you're going to call someone on making a valid comparison, but putting the shoe on the other foot?

No, these were two completely separate points.

The case involves Austrian law, therefore any other country's laws are irrelevant to this topic.

My point about screaming ''hate'' towards US government officials and the like, were in response to a slight tangent this thread went off on.

My points about restrictions on freedom of expression in the US were entirely to do with the fact that some Americans arrogantly assume that their laws and rights apply to all other sovereign nations, and have a 'holier-than-thou' attitude about their so-called freedoms.

I was not comparing Austrian and US law in relation to this particular case.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
ATS Mods I'm about to Break the T & C and offend people

edit on 15-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Thanks Slayer, I played it and my dogs started barking two floors up................

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
High on a hil Was a lonely goatherd
Ho-de-lay-ho-de-lay Ho-de-lay-hi-hoo
Loud was the voice Of the lonely goatherd
Ho-de-lay-ho-de-lay Ho-de-loo
Folks in a town That was quite remote heard
Lusty and clear From the goatherd's throat heard
Ho-de-lay-ho-de-lay Ho-de-loo Ho-ho-lay-di-oh-de-lay-ho Ho-ho-lay-di-oh-de-lay Ho-ho-lay-di-oh-de-lay-oh-lay-di-oh-de-lay-oh-lay
If you dont like it then piss off
Ho-de-lay hee

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Is there any end of this insanity? The list of what Muslims find offensive and the catering of governments around the world to their demands is at an unbelievable level.

Gotta keep em happy or they'll blow something up.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sorry to say this but WHO the hell do these 'guests' in Europe think they are?
They aren't Austrian, they are colonisers in all but name!
Austria for gods sake?
The place is supposed to be among the most right-wing in Europe as far as governments go and this bs comes along?
Euroland is a lost cause folks...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
High on a hil Was a lonely goatherd
Loud was the voice Of the lonely goatherd
Ho-de-lay-ho-de-lay Ho-de-loo
Folks in a town That was quite remote heard
Lusty and clear From the goatherd's throat heard
Ho-de-lay-ho-de-lay Ho-de-loo Ho-ho-lay-di-oh-de-lay-ho Ho-ho-lay-di-oh-de-lay Ho-ho-lay-di-oh-de-lay-oh-lay-di-oh-de-lay-oh-lay
If you dont like it then piss off
Ho-de-lay hee

ATS Gold!

IRM

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Islam and western society are incompatible. They have only started mixing on a massive level within the last 50-60 years. Not nearly enough time to succesfully integrate completely different worlds that have been warring for 1-2 thousand years.

That said, I agree with filosophia, and that we should learn to live peacefully, from within our respective countries. We have to be wary of being provoked by governments, but to what end they are trying to push us I am not sure. We may fight each other some more, but what would they achieve?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Don't forget folks....If your not a Muslim.you are a INFIDEL. [One who can't be trusted]

kix

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I wonder why people get so worked up by these incidents and even mad about them.

Dont try to flame everyone who thinks different than you, because most of us would not pass a test in integrity, respect and freedom (yes freedom, the so much spoken word in the U.S.A.).

The point is that if these things really get you so mad, where are you when your rights where stepped on while getting on a plane on your local airport? When they signed the patriot act , and basically destroyed the constitution, where you on the streets protesting that your freedom was taken away because some "muslims" crashed airplanes? Nope you were too busy complaining that dancing with the stars was rigged.

These injustices happen because people like to complain and do NOTHING, this is an example. So stop crying about this ruling by a stupid judge because lets face it, when someone steps on "america" you act the same, look in the mirror first and then think. If needed DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If its only ranting, forget it, you are wasting your time, your opinion on a forum wont change the world, a letter to a congressman a protest will (more so if you educate yourself and your children).

In the mean time back to reality folks!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join