It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Everything is religion, including worshiping the "The State". Those who would kill off Christians or Muslims would be no better than those that they deem "evil". Dictators like Stalin, Hitler and Mao have killed and tortured hundreds of millions for The State". You WILL worship the state under State-ism. It will have no other gods.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

My mistake. I forgot to include belief in my statement. Yes, I would slaughter not only people who agree with and advocate torture for unbelievers and "sinners", but people who merely believe it as well.

Why? Where is logic in that? There is a big difference between advocating and wanting bad things and believing bag things will inevitably happen because of being mistaken and manipulated but not wanting them to happen. I agree the former need some punishment or freedom of speech removed (not killing them), but why also kill the latter? Why not just educate them, or ignore them, since what they believe will either way not happen?

Fundamentalists like you are dangerous no matter the ideology, in principle you are not different than muslim fanatics preaching that all infidels must die, and if you were born in Afpak, you would very probably be one of them, judging from your posts.

You are making us atheists look like evil morons and only hurting our cause by posts like these.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
How would i end all Religions?

The most effective way is already ongoing. How?
We have enterd a period of information. With that new power, comes knowlige. Some not to be trusted, some are. Either way people, start asking, exploring, thinking, sharing, With that proces hidden things will surface, because the net makes all transparency.
Evil will be exposed. Current state of world is like this. Religions, governments, banks etc are already under atack. All in the name of Information. So its already an self fullfilling profhecy.
So you-me- all of us keep doing what we are doing.

And never say the word AMEN(decide for youself)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I would end all religion by killing god with my own bare hands, shoving the bible down his throat only to pull it out the opposite end and smack Vishnu and Satan over the head and tea bag em both (and by teabag I mean throw em boiling water). Then I'd wring their hollowed bodies out over a Krishna BBQ and wipe my lips on Jesus' robe and push him down a flight of stairs.

Actually the probably real character Jesus seems to have taught good stuff even if he was a man and not a god, you have to blame others seeking power from the religion the based on him for all the ugly stuff.

I think the only honest workable answer since clearly we have a need to give our power to an authority and gaga over something or someone all the time..is we need to give the whole world something to believe in other then religion and their leaders and other then movie stars and royalty...something that would bind everyone without a figure head that wants power and wants to lord it over all. Seems pretty impossible actually.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

Have you ever read the Satanic Bible?
Spells are prayers. And what do you pray?
To destroy your enemies, even those who you don't agree with.
If anyone is cherry picking, it's you! Its just the same old "My religion is better than your religion" crap!
"To add: Oh and I didn't take anything apart, I quoted you directly. You tried to take it apart and retool it. The quote stands and please don't be mad. Try for once to learn from your mistakes instead of trying to kill it.
Oh and who does The Cremation of Care? Fake baby burning? Please, facts!"
Face it, neither you nor them are original. Sorry if finding out you are a rehash hurts.
edit on 14-12-2010 by DaWhiz because: to add:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

Even innocent people?
That goes to show what kind of a threat you are, to yourself and others and probably the envoirment and animals also, you and all the people who gave you stars.
What do you think you are cool by saying you would torture and kill?, talky talky, now now...
You are under mind control just like the religions it self.
Think, think, use it.

It's my honest opinion, not an attempt to "be cool". To me, any person who accepts the absurdities of their doctrine (torturing unbelievers, killing unbelievers, sexism, rape) deserves a taste of the torture and death they endorse. Children, mentally handicapped people and religionists who are becoming atheists, agnostics, paganists or satanists would be exempt from my killing spree. I do not label people as guilty by association, but as guilty by the practice or advocation of the atrocities in their religion.

If my mind was being controlled, I would not be aware of it because my free will to think would be absent. I am aware of my free will to think and my mind is not being controlled by an external force. My opinion belongs to me, not a puppet master.

Yes, I'm aware that satanism and paganism are religions, but those in particular do not advocate the atrocities in the holy books nor do they condemn people for not having the same beliefs. Those two are exempted from my killing spree fantasy.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Condemned1990 because: (no reason given)

Exactly, you said it, a fantasy...
Like I said, what innocent people aswell, like my mother or my 10 year old nephew?
So you would eliminate people and you are not applying for the position of storm trooper?
You have to be the funniest guy i've come accross on this site.
You cannot control yourself from posting comments of a violent nature, so to me, you are clearly unstable.
What will you achieve from it?
Nothing but make people think you are a total looser.
The world will never be what people like you want it to be, you are a very small minority.
We have passed that time in History when the evil Vatican inquisition were torturing people, as you are suggesting to do, we have evolved.
The only thing that you are is confused and sad.
I feel sorry for you, but like I said, you are a threat to yourself and everything around you.
Just look at the way you act on these forums.
What are you like in real life given the opportunity to cause havoc, a threat.
You are not well.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

You can't.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by derfred33

ending all religions on the planet is very simple.

demand them to prove in a court that their claims are true.

You go first. Prove in court their claims are not true.

The burden of truth is on someone who is making claims which are not scientifically proven, not the other way around. How do you "prove" any work of fiction that was written in the past false? You can't really, but that doesn't make it any more credible or relevant. You can't prove Zeus didn't sit in clouds and kill Greeks with lightning bolts either, but Id bet youd think anyone who based their entire life around that tale is stupid or crazy, though its just as "credible" as the bible or any other story claiming gods.
edit on 14-12-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

By saying there is no God, you are saying you have all knowledge. That is quite a claim don't you think? Even Atheism is a Faith. Faith there is no God, but nobody could possibly know there is no God.

My Faith has been proven to me, but there is no way for me to share my experience with anyone else, so I answer a silly statement with another silly statement.

As to science, whether their is a Deity has not been proven either way. When science says there is no God, they are not even following the rules they pretend to live by. I have respect for a person who honestly says "I don't know" but those who claim to have all knowledge not so much.

Perhaps you could suggest a test to prove their is no God? I doubt you could and until such a time as this test is devised, nobody can say categorically there is no God. Not even Science.

I have the greatest respect for science and the scientific methods when honored. In this case it's a guess which is hardly scientific. This is an argument of opinion.

The fact a small minority of the population of the Earth wishes to dictate to everyone else what they may or may no believe should trouble everyone.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hmmm... well we are arguing how to get rid of it without ever defining it.

Maybe we should remedy that??

Merriam-Webster Dictionary - Religion

Definition of RELIGION
1 a : the state of a religious
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural
(2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3: archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Uh-oh. My goodness! If we go by definition #4 above there are some very religious members in this thread including many atheists who cling tightly to their beliefs with ardor and faith!

Depending on how it is defined most anything (even atheism) can be considered "a religion" given the faith and ardor of the person. To stick with atheism I've seen it defended here on ATS with an ardor and faith that would make a pentecostal preacher at a tent revival green with envy.

So when forming your answers (and to those already answered) ask yourself this - are you really wanting to end all religions or are you just wanting an end to all viewpoints that are different from your own religion? Regardless of if that religion holds science, a god, mankind or some other power at its center.

As far as getting rid of it - you never will. Religion is an attempt to explain the unknown. As long as there are people there will be unknowns and sooner or later someone will invent an explanation for some of them and have full faith they are right regardless of any evidence. Naturally, they'll feel the need to share this -and sooner or later they'll sway someone and *boom* the start of a religion.

As long as you have people you will have religions. Even if you wiped out everyone that believed in a religion today and all traces of them - new ones would just come about sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Exactly, we just have to wait until the immature become mature. It's sort of like when a child is beginning to question....

"does santa claus really exist? really bring my presents? despite all the contradictions?"

Faith it seems is still respected, at least not in the scientific arena anyway. Soon they'll see that science is actually improving our lives,

What has religion ever done in comparison to what science has done in the last 100 years?
edit on 14/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by The_Zomar

I am an event planner and floral designer.
I will never allow you to make the "punch".

Oh common I hear I'm good at making the 'aid!

Just joking really, I don't want to see anyone die. Religious or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

What a simple question to answer.

Tell Americans that they are all "terrorists". And that if we kill them we will be fighting for "our freedoms" and "the flag". And of course, if you fight to end all religion, upon your return you will be regarded as a "hero". All you have to do now is talk about 911, make the complacent people cry, and you've got yourself a war.

Isn't this how we end everything we don't agree with?
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I am okay with real Christians, but Evangelicals, well, we should export all those cultists to Somalia where they can either fight for Christ against the Muslims or be comforted in the thought that God will be done and they'll be fine and a Wal-Mart will surely be built there soon.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

"We have enterd a period of information. With that new power, comes knowlige."

Off topic and I just don't know what to say to the above except that it should win a "Most Ironic Post of the Year" award from ATS.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

When an alien lands on the planet, then we will overlook our differences and settle for the obvious similarities of being a human... And call each other a citizen of this planet ..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

I am okay with real Christians

Fiction is often appealing.

Remember how awesome communism was before everyone realized that humanity is too immature and greedy to behave like that?

Spirituality could be a beautiful thing if people didn't get so militant about it.

Organized religion is just sinful. Do you really think that God would want you to put yourself in a building that separates you from the rest of His children? So that a single person can be your representation of God's vision for the world?! And kick out all those scummy homeless that wander in the doors, polluting the oh-so-holy scenery like they do?

"St." Peter does not own the gates of heaven, he is not even permitted to look at them. He fooled humanity into blaspheming God's Word and he was one of the richest men of his time because he was the first to demand 10% earnings from the people, and to proclaim that those who did not go to Church would go to Hell.

If you participate is organized Christianity, you are most likely a modern day Pharisee. Organized Christianity exploits God's Word to make quick cash for greedy morons.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I would give the Pope a truth serum and ask him; about occult affiliation with Christianity, about all of the hidden ancient texts locked up in vaults in the Vatican, ask him about the pagan rituals him and his buddies do on a daily basis, and about all of the child abuse. I'd make sure to throw in some questions about ET, and WWII Nazi affiliations.

I would do something similar for all of the religious elites.

Truth would end religion.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Great post of yours on the first page, i prob would have said something similar... i've starred it and feel i don't really need to add anything...

No, maybe i do...

It was a tad bad saying 'kill all who are religious' (Not you hotbakedtater)... i mean SOME of those are proper nutjobs and yes could be slain!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You cannot end religions, they are beliefs, everyone has beliefs, everyone has their OWN mind.

Unless someone is willing to control the world with mind control for their own sick needs, then you cannot do anything to stop the freewill of peoples minds and beliefs.

I think anyone who wants to control peoples lives like that really need to look in the mirror, it's the definition of irony.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

WHATEVA! ITZ NO BIG DEAL! SO WHAT, THERES LYKE, 42 BOOKS THAT WERE CONSIDERED PART OF THE BIBLE AT ONE POINT THAT WERE REMOVED. SO WHAT? MAYBE I LIKE EATING PORK AND POACHED FISH? MAYBE I DIDN'T WANT THOSE THINGS IN THERE BECAUSE I ENJOY DOING THOSE THINGS THAT ARE CONSIDERED SINFUL IN THE FAITH THAT I CLAIM TO BELIEVE IN? WHATS THAT ABOUT HOMOSEXUALS? OH I DON'T UNDERSTAND THEM SO YOU CAN ADD WHATEVER PRECONCLUSIVE NONSENSE YOU WANT TO THE BOOK IN 1948 REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT ANTI-HOMOSEXUALITY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTIANITY BEFORE THAT POINT.

WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANT!!!!!11!!11!!1!11

(Jerry!, Jerry!, Jerry!)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join