It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

Not all atheists want to erase us from existance. Those are anti-theists and they are in the minority among non-believers. Is this about the "Only Christians are Patriots" thread? Because to be perfectly honest, you really should have been called out on that statement.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Most rational atheists don't believe in anything without proper evidence or reason.

Agnostics too!

A child can grow out of santa, and so can a person grow out of "God"

You see, Theists think they know God before there is evidence of him, her, or it, that is complete arrogance.

It's like me saying "i have a diamond in my back garden, i don't need to dig it up i just have faith."

What's the point?
edit on 14/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Considering that the vast, VAST majority of religions are short lived as it is, and our current record of the global population of all religions (especially Christianity) are all on a mass decline, I'd say I'd do nothing. These people aren't dieing, that's not the reason why a smaller and smaller amount of religious persons exit. It's because they are now realizing the contradictions within their sacred texts, or alternative explanations which are proven, rather than simple speculation and faith-based claims. The globe is starting to realize that science is a much more effective and rational state of information. With education, comes less religion.

and trust me, it's a very good thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I think "Organized Religion" was implied. You know, the ones with ancient texts written by men, but actually written by god? Oh, and don't forget the Super-Walmart sized churches & tip jars.

For only five hundred dollars, you could be healed!! Hallelujah!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well i've seen a lot of comments ,some very abstract some very insigthful,only true humans are in the know.As for religions, since I was a kid all they have to show is merely violence,intolerance,fanatism,abuse,treason,bullies,factions,separatism,assasinations,murders,killings,attraction of the masses,desinformation,false pretentions,lies,anarchysm,and the list goes on and on and on.Re;igions will eventually eat themselves,only mankind will prevail.Just make peace with yourself.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
Well i've seen a lot of comments ,some very abstract some very insigthful,only true humans are in the know.As for religions, since I was a kid all they have to show is merely violence,intolerance,fanatism,abuse,treason,bullies,factions,separatism,assasinations,murders,killings,attraction of the masses,desinformation,false pretentions,lies,anarchysm,and the list goes on and on and on.Re;igions will eventually eat themselves,only mankind will prevail.Just make peace with yourself.

Careful, this caliber of truth is known for hurting peoples' feelings, and they of course then demand that the government protect their feelings.... and preserve their right to free speech. Don't tread on them, they are benevolent because they said so.

If there's on thing I know about Christians, it's that they sure know how to love their neighbors as themselves.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hello All!

I'm new here, but wanted to voice my opinion about religion because I feel very strongly about this issue. I'm not out to attack nor offend. As I read over this thread I saw a lot of attacking, defensiveness and general "I don't agree with you so, therefore, you're wrong" type of replies. This is indicitive of the problem with having closed minds.

My own feelings on religion are pretty simple; I don't believe. A book doesn't prove anything to me. I grew up going to a Christian church. What I got out of it was that we were not supposed to doubt God's existence. We were only to believe with faith. As I grew up, people(parents, friends, associates, news sources, schools, etc...) constantly said trusting anything other than God in this way was absurd and foolish. I started looking around at how things worked in the world and thought, "Why is it that we are only to believe in God without question?". It didn't make much sense to me. Either this "God" is really egotistical and/or just wants to control mankind or there is no such thing.

Through the years, I started seeing these bumperstickers that said, "Question All Authority!", and that spoke to me. The bumperstickers and t-shirts have morphed this saying even more within the last 15 or 20 years into, "Question Everything!". I took this to heart because it's exactly how I feel. If I'm told I shouldn't/can't doubt something, I get really curious as to why and it makes me question, doubt and dismiss much of what I am told after. Please don't go on about the fact that I first saw the phrase "Question Everything!" on bumperstickers and such. I see it everywhere now and it's not about where I saw it, it's about how it makes me feel. I agree with it. It put into words(in a nice short way) exactly how I feel.

Now, to get the point of this thread... I don't care if others believe in a God or religion. I do wish there were no such thing on Earth. How would I get rid of all religions? It'll never happen until mankind is wiped off this planet. I only wish people would apply logical thought to religion instead of what I call "blindly" following along. I think if this were done we would have far fewer extremists within each branch of religion.

If I open my mind and heart to all religions, who is to say which, if any, is the true religion? Because there are so many different religions I doubt them all and feel they are all man made. That's what man does, he stirs the pot so things work out to his own liking. If ever there was "a" religion, man has stirred it so much for his own purposes, we have lost it entirely. Other than killing off all religious people(not something I care to be a part of-one of my best friends is extremely religious) or mankind being wiped from the Earth, the only way I could think of to kill off religions would be to insinuate my own purpose into their teachings and then I'm no better than those that came before me.
edit on 14-12-2010 by SolidPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

you realize your exact words are predicted in the bible right?? so does that make you condemned?? absolutely.

according to your ignorant self, youll deny everything the bible has to say. even its predictions.

however, in your case. there is no denying it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Im glad its being brought up

Jumping to conclusions without evidence is religion, whether it is based on doubt or faith. Science does not know what it can not prove. That doesnt mean anything other than it is "unknown." one of my favorite quotes is "It was "Truth" before it was ever "Proof." Saying the lack of proof somehow proves anything is contradictory to science, and dare i say, logic. Proof is just a measurable and repeatable observation that something was there all along.

If some do not see the hypocrisy of their words when it is pointed out to them, its very unlikely they ever will. For some, like condemned, i suggest you stop letting these religions form your beliefs (your hated religions seem to have more play in your beliefs than you do personally). Search things out for yourself, but are you willing to give up your religion in your search of truth?

edit: i also dont feel "evil," in all of its forms, is exclusive to religion. getting rid of it would do nothing in that regard.
edit on 14-12-2010 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Final Solution?

A little Hitler-esque eh?

You can't get rid of religion, you'd have to get rid of faith. Which is impossible. Besides, religion isn't the problem, it's the people in charge of those religions who are the problem. Those who take everything they hear and read as literal truth as opposed to a set of stories created to give you a sense of what is right or wrong.

I don't subscribe to any particular religion, I'm more of an agnostic. I think it's silly to think there's nothing after death but that's my opinion and can't be verified or proven.

To each his own IMO, so long as you aren't trying to convert me, feel free to worship as you see fit.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

Good luck getting within a thousand yards of me..

If you do... and survive..... I must deserve it.

That kind of thinking is 100% destructive to both yourself and those around you.
edit on 14-12-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

Oh the irony, Old Testiment doctrine condones genocide and your "God" has a history of it, floods anyone? Cool, Cool.

Although i disagree with the poster whom you were responding to, i find it better to intellectually battle the stupidity of Theocracy.

Maybe one day "beat" some true freedom into their minds.
edit on 14/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Religions are by nature devisive There to pit fellow man against one another. Separating us by chaos, mistrust and war.
It' been happening for thousands of years. Ask yourself why and by whom.
As to how you end all religion there needs to be a global awakening. Who knows? Would be nice to think the wheels are being set in motion.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

9 stars?
That's 9 murderers.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Final Solution?

A little Hitler-esque eh?

Um, no.

Hitler was militantly catholic. He loved religion, freedom of religion allowed him to convince everyone that Catholicism is the only way and that Jews are evil. Which I personally find absolutely hilarious since many indoctrinations of Catholicism are based on ancient Judaic Law that was supposed to be overridden when Jesus came, but Jesus' teachings don't support any way for The Church to suck money out of the people so we can't be going around preforming Jesus' will in Catholicism.

Hitler convinced a nation that Jews were evil because their ancestors killed Jesus two thousand years ago, and all the people who literally tout "just wanting to be sheep" went along with it. I wonder why

In conclusion, Judaism is archaic and evil. Anyone who has actually read the ridiculous laws in the Torah would not disagree with me. I have never read something that promotes discrimination and genocide so much in my life.

However, killing off your problems is too irrational for... well... most... of us atheists. George Bush, Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, and any other global criminals you can think of -- all religious people who tout(ed) their religion on a regular basis.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

Here are my thoughts, for whatever they may be worth... I am not a person of "religious faith" and I don't know many who are. I'm not that person because I wasn't raised or taught to be one. Growing up, my parents would simply say that when I was old enough to choose on my own, I could do so. I never did because by the time I was old enough, I wasn't able to believe in a "god" or in man-made religion.

However...

I feel spirituality all around me. I feel it when I'm sitting on a rock by the river, or in the desert staring at the endless sea of stars in the night sky, or at the top of a mountain watching the sunrise or at the beach, listening to the waves crash ashore as the sun sets. At those times, or many others like them, I am more than capable of believing that there is something bigger and greater than me. In fact, there are many things that are bigger and greater than me.

So, I can't answer your question because I don't think there is an answer. I think people look for something, an explanation or a way to make sense of the things they feel and in one way or another, we all feel (in our soul) that we are a part of something much larger than we understand at this point...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

9 stars?
That's 9 murderers.

And only 11 ,999, 999, 991 short of organized religion's murderous history. I don't agree with this guy that we should be killing off our problems, but your argument sucks.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_

When an alien lands on the planet, then we will overlook our differences and settle for the obvious similarities of being a human... And call each other a citizen of this planet ..

I don't even think that would work. First of all, the middle east would declare Jihad on them, North Korea would start testing missiles next to their ship, America would think they are better than them and attack them, the Brits would complain they are ignorant of Earth affairs, Christians would expect them to die for our sins and atheists wouldn't believe in them.

The surest sign that there is intelligent life in the universe is the fact that it hasn't tried to contact us.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Perform a Resurrection of a certified, guaranteed dead person, with absolutely no question that the
body was dead for 3 days, just like the first alleged resurrection of a 'Christ-Jesus' person in ~33CE

capture, weigh, and quantify a 'Soul'...put it into a AI computer program...and prompt the
computer program to describe or otherwise provide graphic evidence of its soul journey,
or perhaps to have it create a poetic explaination of its experience between the two poles of
having a soul and its consciousness before the Soul implant

the resurrection of an individual and the journey of the Soul are the Two pillars of Faith, Religion
shed light on/ explain the mystery of....these two parts & the religious ethic will soon dissipate

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Get them all to watch Monty Pythons "Life of Brian". I have said for many, many years that this film should be shown at school as part of everyone's education. There are so many truths and concept busting scenes in this film that you are left to make up your own mind about where various religions originated from, and how those religions can become factionalised .
After that perhaps "A clockwork orange" by Stanley Kubrick for some dystopian hell.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join