It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
Considering that the vast, VAST majority of religions are short lived as it is, and our current record of the global population of all religions (especially Christianity) are all on a mass decline...

If you think religion is in a mass decline, how do you explain the recent explosion of Christians in Asia? Lol... Sorry, you have been misinformed. After China lifted its control over religion, Christianity went into a massive boom in Asia based countries. Japan, China, and S. Korea are living a modern-day Christian revival.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

It probably did.
I admit it and I apologise for it.
His comment angered me severely and it was the most..let's say T&C wise best way to put it...at that moment.

There shouldn't be a 'tit for tat'...an 'eye for an eye.'

One shouldn't die due to believing in a religion, nor be tortured.
Everyone has a right to believe in whatever they wish....and their fate not determined by anyone else.

Anyway back to the thread...religion has helped us greatly...in some ways.
And if we did 'try to end it'...the world would be different..and not necessarily better.
Hope would be lost in the eyes of millions of people...and for a few other millions...life would not be worth living for.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Well sorry to disprove, but in maturing, I became closer to religion. I heart Jesus.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I love this post,maybe our planet is under
a quarantine in the galactic empire

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I know how to end religion. All religion must end in the letter n or s, depending on the plurality.

But no, religion isn't all bad. It's just the nutjobs who think that just because their parents believed something and that it's an old belief, that it's somehow more true than other things. If you get rid of religion, people will just hate each-other over skin color or race, or accent, or birth town, or drinking water, or clothing, or culture, or eating habits.

Religion is just a scapegoat, not the issue.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Not having read the entire thread, I would say that visitors/beings from another world/dimension that could prove where we came from would be a start.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

I would have to kill billions of innocent people.

Unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can't help but feel that if religion was wiped off the planet, that we'd find something else to fight and kill each other over. It's just apart of human nature. Would the change from killing ourselves over things that don't exist be a step up if we started killing ourselves over things that do exist?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Anyway back to the thread...religion has helped us greatly...in some ways.
And if we did 'try to end it'...the world would be different..and not necessarily better.
Hope would be lost in the eyes of millions of people...and for a few other millions...life would not be worth living for.

If your "hope" impedes on other people's freedoms and their right to live peacefully, then you do not deserve it, for you have not earned it, sorry.

This isn't a Disney film, it's reality. Hope isn't mandatory. If you think life isn't worth living without God, you need psychological help or medication -- not pipe dreams and lies.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I can't help but feel that if religion was wiped off the planet, that we'd find something else to fight and kill each other over. It's just apart of human nature. Would the change from killing ourselves over things that don't exist be a step up if we started killing ourselves over things that do exist?

Southpark did an excellent satire on that very scenario....it will happen. If not for a God, for whatever we put above ourselves and hold sacred.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Very sad thread, very disturbing comments.

People should be free to do whatever they want, as long as they don't harm another person.

So, I know that religion, has been used to persecute people, but there are many religious people alive today, that would give their lives for you, if they came across you in a time of need.

When people talk about killing, and torturing, in order to fashion the world as they would like it to be, then those same people are no better than the Spanish Inquisition, or muslim terrorists.

What a sick world indeed.

Is there no more compassion, tolerance or understanding?

Or just a bunch of sick self-serving egomaniacs, who don't have a clue as to how to love their neighbors?

Totally disgusted.

It is quite probably the best thing, that mankind kill itself in a nuclear holocaust, and give the planet a break.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Southpark did an excellent satire on that very scenario....it will happen. If not for a God, for whatever we put above ourselves and hold sacred.

Right, preach this from the rooftops.

With a satirical cartoon as your only source.

South Park also predicted that New Jersey will take over the United States with hair gel and sleazy outfits. "It's a Jersey thing."

Stop and think about what you're saying... if we have nothing to fight about... we'll fight for the sake of fighting? Anyone who believes that nonsense must be pretty sociopathic. What is so wrong with harmony in humanity?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wikileaks has it's next assignment......expose the corrupt underbelly of the major religions & it's leaders.
Follow this up with intense government taxation of all assets, donations, and especially the salaries of the religious leaders. ....for starters.

That may convince many to abandon their religion....However, I do not believe total victory could be achieved without killing millions. Those that have true faith are willing to die rather than forsake their God.
edit on 12/14/2010 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

I hate to imagine the kind of society that would be established after that.
I wouldn't want to live in a world like that.
edit on 12/14/2010 by Sparky63 because: additional thoughts

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

cute kitten...

a tried and sure way to end the dogma is to prove that such teachings/leanings have absolutely NO ring of truth.

Ask the following two questions:

Where did man come from?
Does other worldly life exist?

Any religion that professes man came from adam or god or a devine intervention is a lie...if it was true, where did the animals come from?...which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Any religion or dogma that says there are no aliens is also a lie...unless of course the inca lines were drawn by man who could not even see the big picture...so why draw the lines if you can not see...duh!

And of course, explain why egypt hyroglyphs have space men in the drawings...surely you must know that early man only drew what they saw../

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

South Park also predicted that New Jersey will take over the United States with hair gel and sleazy outfits. "It's a Jersey thing."

Stop and think about what you're saying... if we have nothing to fight about... we'll fight for the sake of fighting? Anyone who believes that nonsense must be pretty sociopathic. What is so wrong with harmony in humanity?

Has anyone, in the history of humanity, ever done a violent act for something other than religion?

if so, we need to consider it has less to do with religion, and more to do with the decision makers involved. we all have a choice. Religion doesnt "make" anyone do anything, people make the choice, even if it results in death for standing strong. Thinking otherwise, to me, just turns people into victims who do not make their own choices and are not responsible for them. A tinge of irony with that.. willingly allowing religion to absolve responsibility for personal actions and decisions..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE

Originally posted by Condemned1990
I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

you realize your exact words are predicted in the bible right?? so does that make you condemned?? absolutely.

according to your ignorant self, youll deny everything the bible has to say. even its predictions.

however, in your case. there is no denying it.

I'm going to respond to this regardless of the lack of respect you have for the English language.

Firstly, you're talking to an atheist about something that was written in a holy book. Newsflash, he doesn't care, because he doesn't believe it. Is that really so hard to understand?

Look, my Satanic Bible predicted that the world would be overtaken by greedy men and there is nothing we can do to stop it. I guess everything that the Satanic Bible (

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Southpark didn't predict anything it merely does comedy, but they're right.

It's animal instinct to have war, humans believe it or not aren't the only species who has them on earth.

Anytime someone holds something above all else and claims it to be sacred that will be something they are willing to die and kill over, I'm honestly amazed how some people lack the slightest common sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

Southpark didn't predict anything it merely does comedy, but they're right.

It's animal instinct to have war, humans believe it or not aren't the only species who has them on earth.

Anytime someone holds something above all else and claims it to be sacred that will be something they are willing to die and kill over, I'm honestly amazed how some people lack the slightest common sense.

Right, and yet here you are with your "common sense".

Without a source.

Expecting people to gobble up your hearsay as if it is the truth.

Again.

So your point is... if religion didn't exist... we would search for something else to fight about... because you said so?

Right, your respect is lingering with your credibility... miles away from anywhere I can see.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I’m not a religious person, but I don’t feel any need or desire to end religions on this planet. I do, however, have a problem with those who are so insecure in their religious beliefs that they feel the need to foist their beliefs on the rest of society through whatever means necessary (e.g., schools, laws, etc.). I do believe the world would be a much more peaceful place without religion as it is a fact that more wars, death and destruction and crimes against humanity have been waged on this planet over religious intolerance and beliefs than any other single issue.
The truth is no religion, Christianity included, has a corner on the truth and no religious person, atheist, agnostic, scientist, nor any other human being KNOWS whether there is a God/Creator or not. While beliefs and faith are nice, neither trumps knowledge (truth).
My only hope is that religious people of all faiths will remember that all religions, however well (or ill) intended, were created by man to control man—usually through fear, bodily harm, and/or death. Religions are our original forms of organization and governance. My contention is: if religious teachings ARE, in fact, the word of God and provide the unambiguous TRUTH that “lights the way” then why are there so many different religions, denominations, and versions and interpretations of God’s WORD (the Bible, for instance) and why does any religious leader or group ever need to use coercion to “spread the word” and keep us under control? Seems to me that the Creator of all that there is should have no problem clearly defining what it is we should and should not be doing to one another and ourselves.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
I would allow people the right to "believe" in whatever they desire. Just as long as they simply respect my beliefs and don't kill me for not believing in their beliefs.

Basically, people have the right to their beliefs as long as they don't force them unto others. The end.

The problem with that statement is that some religions would not respect your beliefs.

Society nowadays is too unstable, gullable and there are too many who feel the need to worship a higher being as it in someways gives them a purpose in life.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join