It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

Even innocent people?
That goes to show what kind of a threat you are, to yourself and others and probably the envoirment and animals also, you and all the people who gave you stars.
What do you think you are cool by saying you would torture and kill?, talky talky, now now...
You are under mind control just like the religions it self.
Think, think, use it.

It's my honest opinion, not an attempt to "be cool". To me, any person who accepts the absurdities of their doctrine (torturing unbelievers, killing unbelievers, sexism, rape) deserves a taste of the torture and death they endorse. Children, mentally handicapped people and religionists who are becoming atheists, agnostics, paganists or satanists would be exempt from my killing spree. I do not label people as guilty by association, but as guilty by the practice or advocation of the atrocities in their religion.

If my mind was being controlled, I would not be aware of it because my free will to think would be absent. I am aware of my free will to think and my mind is not being controlled by an external force. My opinion belongs to me, not a puppet master.

Yes, I'm aware that satanism and paganism are religions, but those in particular do not advocate the atrocities in the holy books nor do they condemn people for not having the same beliefs. Those two are exempted from my killing spree fantasy.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Condemned1990 because: (no reason given)

Your words
"Yes, I'm aware that satanism and paganism are religions"
Your belief
"To me, any person who accepts the absurdities of their doctrine (torturing unbelievers, killing unbelievers, sexism, rape) deserves a taste of the torture and death they endorse."
Your responsiblity to your belief:
Get in line first.
Otherwise, you are just quoting mainstream music pretending you are a free thinker.
Act!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

You have misunderstood my point entirely, just like SaturnFX did. I doesn't matter if they don't act on their beliefs and agreements. Most of them still AGREE with the torture of unbelievers in a hell and they openly ADVOCATE it because it's in their "holy" books. Do you understand now? That is why I would like them all to just perish. You have a long way to go before you can assert that I "haven't matured yet". Spare that argument for another time when it is actually necessary and valid, which is probably a highly unlikely future occurrence.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The current pope is doing a great job at that all by himself trying to cover up money laundering, pedophilia and who knows what else, for now. He is so removed from the basic teaching of Jesus that main stream religion does not have a clue any more. The sheep will gradually just wander away as their Shepard crashes through the gates drunk on power and greed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I'm not quoting mainstream music. For your information, I hate mainstream music. If you can prove that I am doing what you think I'm doing, please do so. Otherwise, stop concluding nonsense just because you misunderstand.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by DaWhiz

I'm not quoting mainstream music. For your information, I hate mainstream music. If you can prove that I am doing what you think I'm doing, please do so. Otherwise, stop concluding nonsense just because you misunderstand.

No, you are the one concluding nonsense and you are now off topic. Why?
Can't take what you dished out. Those were YOUR quotes.
And yes the conclusions were from YOUR quotes.
Therefore,
Your philsophy is nonsense according to you!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ending all Religions very simple.

To get back our spiritual powers and realize that all religions are inside of each and everyone.
We are part of God.
When we stop looking outside and start looking inside that is when all Religions will End.

Lets all get back the power of seeing beyond this dimension , of looking over the material world ,the power of meditation and then all Religion "crap" will stop.

Can't you see what religion did to this worlg, great wars, crimes and misery all in the name of religion.

There is a saying " Men walked away from God and Invented Religion " I think is a true saying. Religion is for soul blinded people the ones looking for the external God.

edit on 14-12-2010 by lisa2012 because: edit to add and some corrections

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned1990

Most of them still AGREE with the torture of unbelievers in a hell and they openly ADVOCATE it because it's in their "holy" books.

You are confusing AGREEING to or WANTING something with BELIEVING in something. Its not the same thing. They can believe all unbelievers and sinners will be tortured in hell without agreeing or wanting it, they may even not want it, but its not their decision what their god wants and they dont have the power to influence it.

Someone can for example believe global warming is true but still not wanting it to be that way, IF he had a choice. But what he wants does not matter to what he considers real.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastyj

How is it, exactly, that you would disprove life? The insanity of this statement blows my mind just thinking about it.

Ok lol, that was bad phrasing, let me rephrase. At the end of the court debate the ultimatum would be the Athiests demanding the proof for hard proof of God, the religious would use the world and more as evidence but at the end they would resolve that when it comes to belief in God, faith is the only answer.
Same way the Religious would end up demonading how would mankind know that there is no god, Athiest would give the usual, if there was god why hasnt he shown up yet, why hasnt god sorted out lifes problems, or that nature and science is the answer to all the unexplained phenomena and natural pattern of life, also life itself. Being the evolving nature of cellular make up over millennia, natural selection, big bang, and so forth. Religious minds would answer a lot with god plan and power, because mankind hasnt been able to prove the nature and pattern of things. And despite all the advancement in technology would never be able to create life or anything similar to what nature/god has done. So it would pretty end up ith a stalemate, with both sides being none the less wiser infact would end up being more bitter with eachothers indifferences.

Though it would be fun to watch people try and debate this topic in a court of law, personally I don't think that would be good for anyone. People just have to make up their own minds about what they want to believe I think, the problem is there is always one that thinks the other is trying to place propaganda in kids heads or intrude onto their lives somehow. Really though, I think everyone needs to focus on doing something about the self destructive tendencies of humans and their institutions, religious or not. About creating life though, it has already been done to some extent by scientists (who are atheists, but really just because of the nature of their work):

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Yea yea, years ago (according to some Christians) there was no possible way there could be such a thing as ET life, apparently now it has changed so it proves religion is right? I didn't get the memo that the meaning of our entire existence has changed, sorry.

Im not too sure about the history of what christianity says on the subject matter, but i do know that you right that a lotta christians are new theories regarding this. But the problem of that is the main source of information lies in the Bible and we both know that has become somewhat a hard source of religious fact because of its many alterations since roman times and pagan influences which many christians will also agree with.
Islam on the contrary hasnt ever changed its stance and since revelation has had direct quotes from the Quran about ET life. and jinns, and my understanding of this field clearly sees no conflicts between ET and religion. Infact not only religion but evidence is suspect in many cultures and tribes and other religions monotheistic/polytheistic all show similarities.

I think it was the Vatican that did that actually, not that I am saying you are Catholic or anything. It was a long time ago, but they said the idea of life outside of Earth was blasphemous, then recently the pope began making statements about the possibility of ET life and them believing in god. I may be wrong about the details, but I know at least that they changed their minds throughout the years. Those guys have always been a little crazy anyways though.

No, like I said, Atheists don't want to kill you. Armageddon is one of YOUR fantasies, not ours.

Armageddon is not a fantasy as it is 100% possible if you consider nuclear warefare, or natural disaster, as an atheist im sure even you should agree on that.
We might share a more pessimistic view on life, according to prophecies etc, and you might share a more optimistic one. But these are grim times we are living in, on an account of wars etc. And plaese do not say religion STARTS all wars, because that is a whole other thread/story where we would also present a strong argument. I think it is yo who are living in a fantasy if you believe everything is all hunky dory at this time..

That's what I am saying, you should be under the impression that not only is it 100% possible, but that it IS going to happen, is this not the Christian belief in judgment day and the rapture in revelations, many peoples favorite piece of the bible. Personally, I would like to avoid that scenario and prove the bible wrong, but hey thats just me. Yes, I do believe its possible though, it seems maybe our technology is evolving faster than our sense of responsibility, hopefully I'm wrong about that. I never said anything about religious wars or things being hunky dory, not in this thread at least.

And yes i know atheists do not want to kill anyone, but you do have your views. It is the 2 sides that will recruit you that are gonna be doing the fighting. Either the satanist elitest under a guise of truthful allies, or religion under the guise of religious zealots. There is truths and falsehood in both sides, but i know one thing thats right and that is the elite satanist believe in an immoral way of life that has roots in what most would consider 'bad things' all represented as something very appealing and good. Or the religious way of life which is very strict and hard way of life with roots grounded on scriptures that dictate mostly if not all 'good things', but will be represented in a very bad way. Im sure you can use the evidence of society we are living in to see what i mean. And if not, it wont take much research to figure it out.

I don't really understand what you mean here, but I think satanists are just as insane as anyone else who believes in imaginary entities. I am an atheist after all, so I wouldn't be siding with a satanist for any reason.

Lastly i just want to say, you should know most if not all of the greatest minds on earth that have ever lived, were spiritual, either from 1 of the 2 sides. The first step would be to ask why these people believed in what they did, and you will come to a decision outside athiesm. And to lastly add, those with a middle ground, who have lived a balanced life of good an bad or neither, in islam and christianity to there is another place called the Heights ( i think it has other names im not sure at the moment) where people belong who neither fit the criteria of heaven and hell, but this is an odd place because most would fit either side, or be declared for purgatory. Anyway i digress..

It's debatable who you and me consider to be the greatest minds on Earth, many were atheists as well, or at least had atheist tendencies. Many were ostracized or killed for their thoughts, and remember that for a long time many people of Earth adopted certain religions because of fear. I am by no means against accomplishing great things, give credit where credit is due, but remember that religion and spirituality has been interpreted in many different ways throughout history. Read about Albert Einstein's religion and you will find that people argued for decades and still are, about who he 'belongs' to, which is just ridiculous, especially considering they didn't start squabbling over him until he died and could have nothing to say about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentStigma

Although I agree that protesting funerals is moronic and inconsiderate, and WBC is comprised of a bunch of sociopathic, brainwashed religious extremists -- let's be honest with ourselves and deny the ridiculous nonsensical, nationalist, rhetorical regurgitations as presented by the interveiwing representative of Fox News ( big surprise
). How did that dead soldier give her the right to protest? What has the American Military done in the last twenty years that has protected Americans' rights and freedoms? Now think... how many civilians casualties have they taken? How many countries have they invaded? How much proof is there that these invasions were legitimate? How many innocent people lost their lives? Who gained money and power from this and who lost money and power from this? And the people responsible for carrying this out... what are they referred to as?

Sounds like mid-century Germany to me.

And who else to instigate it all again.... but a "Christian".

You know... the folks always concerned about the logs in their own eyes, and treating their neighbors as themselves, and not casting the first stone since it is impossible to be clean of sin and such....

edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You have misunderstood my point entirely, just like SaturnFX did. I doesn't matter if they don't act on their beliefs and agreements. Most of them still AGREE with the torture of unbelievers in a hell and they openly ADVOCATE it because it's in their "holy" books.

Lol I'm sorry I had to laugh at your stupid argument. Most of them don't act on their beliefs but they believe it! That has to be the worst argument in the history of ATS. It seems as though you haven't spoken to any of THEM or done a survey for the matter to be able to come to a solid conclusion.

Therefore, I would say that you are not a rational thinker because you like to use a broad brush and group everyone together.

Sure some may advocate hell but it isn't just for unbelievers, according to them. It is for anyone who commits a sin, which is not true at all. And most of us don't agree with torture for anyone for that matter! We have fundamentalists, just like you are a fundamentalist for your side.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
End all religion at Christmas time.

Wow! Sounds like Scrooge on a Jihad.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

reply to post by DaWhiz

No, you are the one concluding nonsense and you are now off topic. Why?
Can't take what you dished out. Those were YOUR quotes.
And yes the conclusions were from YOUR quotes.
Therefore,
Your philsophy is nonsense according to you!

You cherry-picked quotes from my paragraphs and placed them near each other. Did you not read the entire thing? Did you not read the part about Satanism and Paganism being religions that generally do NOT advocate the atrocities that christianity and islam do? That's a major fallacy on your part, cherry-picking particular quotes that you don't like instead of reading the entire statement and understanding it based on how I present it. Now you're going off topic and claiming that my "philosophy" is "nonsense" (according to me?). That sounds like a philosophy or belief of your own -- the belief that my opinions are quotes from mainstream music. I'm still not even sure what your point is. You argue in circles, cherry-pick quotes, fail to understand the entire message and present a fallacious argument that is irrelevant to mine. Are you done? Would you mind considering reading all of my words instead of small portions of them? I have to go to the store, so I'll be back later to read your response. If your response is still the same flawed argument, we're done. Think first, then reply.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Demand the truth from the church that would probaly collapse most religions. Ask them all to make public all the records and manuscripts they have kept hidden through the years and what they have done to protect there beliefs. Show people original un edited documents. Also show them the links below and ask them for a honest explanation.

Link is to a video of ancient aliens asking question whether angels are really aliens.

blindcatwhiskers.blogspot.com...

Link to mysterys around the world.

Links to what could be ancient ufo's in pictures.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
People aren't born religious.
I would just teach skepticism in all schools.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Condemned1990

Most of them still AGREE with the torture of unbelievers in a hell and they openly ADVOCATE it because it's in their "holy" books.

You are confusing AGREEING to or WANTING something with BELIEVING in something. Its not the same thing. They can believe all unbelievers and sinners will be tortured in hell without agreeing or wanting it, they may even not want it, but its not their decision what their god wants and they dont have the power to influence it.

Someone can for example believe global warming is true but still not wanting it to be that way, IF he had a choice. But what he wants does not matter to what he considers real.
My mistake. I forgot to include belief in my statement. Yes, I would slaughter not only people who agree with and advocate torture for unbelievers and "sinners", but people who merely believe it as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the majority of those who propose elimination solutions behave in precisely the same way as the "religious oppressors" they so vehemently deplore. I suppose a lack of faith is just as rotten an excuse to engage in genocide as is a misapplication of faith.
edit on 14-12-2010 by corquando because: extra "the"

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

You have misunderstood my point entirely, just like SaturnFX did. I doesn't matter if they don't act on their beliefs and agreements. Most of them still AGREE with the torture of unbelievers in a hell and they openly ADVOCATE it because it's in their "holy" books.

It seems as though you haven't spoken to any of THEM or done a survey for the matter to be able to come to a solid conclusion.

Therefore, I would say that you are not a rational thinker because you like to use a broad brush and group everyone together.

Sure some may advocate hell but it isn't just for unbelievers, according to them. It is for anyone who commits a sin, which is not true at all. And most of us don't agree with torture for anyone for that matter! We have fundamentalists, just like you are a fundamentalist for your side.
Therefore this, therefore that. You just made an unproven conclusion of your own. Therefore, you just concluded something about me that is merely an opinion and cannot be demonstrated as a fact. Cut the bull****.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by corquando
I find it interesting that the majority of those who propose elimination solutions behave in precisely the same way as the "religious oppressors" they so vehemently deplore. I suppose a lack of faith is just as rotten an excuse to engage in genocide as is a misapplication of faith.
edit on 14-12-2010 by corquando because: extra "the"

Out of the hundreds of people that have posted on this thread you stereotype all atheists based on what a single person said, regardless of the fact that most people arguing against him are atheists themselves. You can rally all the stars you want from other idiots but it doesn't change the fact that you don't have the slightest clue what the hell you are talking about.

But... what else can I expect. This ignorant behavior tends to happen whenever I start arguing with someone who claims to be Christian.

Keep following the herd... after all... you "just want to be a sheep", right?
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I wouldn't want to nor attempt to. As a lover of freedom and individuality any control of the State upon a person only erodes that freedom.

The mere thought that someone else will decide for me what I can or cannot think or believe is a scary one. The final solution is to allow maximum liberty for people to worship how they see fit.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join