It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What will be will be. If their was a cataclysm event, I hope I'm one of the early ones to die. I don't want to stick around and try to survive in conditions that will be unbearable. Let alone having to watch loved ones suffer in pain.

CX

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I admire him for thinking of his family, many preppers do not.

It probably seems a little extreme due to the excessive talk of all the military gear, maybe it's not unusual for over there though. I just hope he remembers that one cam doesn't fit all.

Not 100% sure how good that NBC gear would be either, theres a lot to think about when it comes to NBC protection, decontamination drills, eating and drinking drills, urination and defecation drills, shelf life of filters and suits, proper seals on your mask (not just any old second hand mask from the army surplus store).....you don't just get thrown new equipment like in the forces.

Plus, the whole vehicle screams "target" to me, there would be many people with bigger guns wanting a well stocked vehicle like that. Like i say though, his hearts in the right place and at least his family are part of his plans.

Had to laugh at the "go anywhere" BOV.....reminded me of a couple of Brits i once knew...

CX.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be an equipment snob, but I am one to a certain extent. You'll just have to forgive me.

1. The tent. That thing is a Wal-Mart special and will not withstand a thunderstorm. If the poles hold up, it will probably soak all the way through.
2. Campstove. I hope he has more than a couple bottles of propane.
3. Where is his water purification?
4. 4x4. He needs to get something with more tread if he expects to "go anywhere".

Ah, forget it.

If TSHTF happens and affects Rocky Top, I'll have already eaten it in my suburban jungle.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by noahproductions

What's really funny is that he has a download available to his viewers in one of his videos in regards to protecting your equipt. from EMP. He's mentioned having extra electronic car parts wrapped in newspaper, and sealed in Faraday cages already... I'm sorry, what was so funny?!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

For his terrain, I'm sure the tires are suitable... As for the stove, where did you see a stove in the video? Just curious. As for water purification, he lives where there are underground springs, with some of the cleanest drinking water available. Not to mention, he says he will soon release a video about how to heat, and cool water, along with pumping water, using solar energy. Also says he can keep water in storage cleaner with some setup longer than the average bear.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Did you not notice that one of those masks were wrapped still? They do sell NEW surplus on eBay. The camouflage is suitable for his terrain, I'm sure, look in the background.Too bad alot of folks don't think of anyone aside from themselves!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ReinkDuser

- I don't think his tires were suitable if you saw him slipping in the mud.
- He panned right over the propane tanks. That's what I was referring to.
- Even if you have access to springs, it's not like they come up from the ground like a bubbler. You still need to remove gross debris.

I understand that I didn't see everything the guy has, but he looks a little under-prepared to hit the woods for more than a week.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I can tell you didn't hear his final words before switching to the video of his truck. And obviously, that video shows his truck after the climb, at the top. That was red mud, ANYONE who hits their brakes in red mud will slide, mostly, no matter what tire you may have. Don't underestimate what someone can or cannot do if you do not know them. He's just trying to help people with ideas, man. Try not to be so critical.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

LOL

this is a perfect example of why Americans shouldn’t be allowed guns. Really how much money has he spent on this and he’s even got his poor family involved. In years to come, when he has never had any use for this stuff he is going to watch that back and cry.

your comment is a perfect example of why Americans shouldn't be allowed free speech.

...who are you to judge?

I can't wait for something to happen and someone like this comes and saves your butt. oh you'll be eatin your words then hehehe
edit on 13-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He forgot the winch!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

If that is the life he wants, join the army there is a place for guns and it’s not in his hands no one needs an AK-74. It’s really sad that you think his guns should only be taken away after he kills someone, why does someone have to be a victim before anyone does anything about this. take the gun of him, safe a life.

If he wanted to kill you, I bet he wouldn't need a gun to do it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe this guy wouldn't HAVE to hit the woods...

They way he is prepared it would probally be better to stay put and defend the home land..

Leaving should be the last resort in almost any case.

If he hit the woods for no reason, I pray for his wife and kids

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Your opinion, ( thankfully ) does not supersede the 2nd Amendment. Typical one sided response....would appear your all for infringing on a persons right? I bet you think TSA is well within their rights, by infringing on your 4th huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The come-along will work instead of a winch, I'm sure. He did mention that.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

He is preparing for his family's sake, and yet you don't think they are knowledgeable on how to use the equipment and what for?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

What would be hilarious (I don't hope this happens as i wish no one ill will) is when the "event" happens he doesn't even get a chance to even think about reaching for a gun, because it's already too late for him.
Its fine to be prepared, but there is such a thing as going to far.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I saw a Mexican man with a cart full of big guns and riffles talking on a cell phone today at walmart... yikes! I couldnt even begin to let him catch my big eyes leering in his direction as I rounded the corner towards the yarn department...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CanuckCoder

In your eyes maybe... What is "just enough"? A blankie with a back pack, couple bottles of water, slingshot, and...? Candy bars?! You tell us then. There is ALWAYS a chance of survival. No matter how slim, if it goes to his favor, then at least he has the supplies to get him and his family off to a great start!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser
reply to post by thecinic

He is preparing for his family's sake, and yet you don't think they are knowledgeable on how to use the equipment and what for?

He is preparing for an imaginary scenario that may or may not happen. Prepared? For what exactly? If TSHTF how does he know the USA will be the fan? Its paranoia at its finest. I don't need any of that and can survive in the forest indefinitely.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CanuckCoder

Seems to me like he's prepared for a wide range of possibilities. That's about it. Glad you're superman, keep up the good work!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join