It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have your pets started acting different?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

Flea control has been from the vet, forgot name but its the drops on the back, and have also used the pill formula before. I know store shampoos can lead to death and have avoided that. Tough part is they all go outdoors(when the weather is nice) so who knows what they pick up, tough to control unless you control their environment. They have all been outdoors in the past, especially our last place which we have 2 acres, but what gets me is how all 3 are having issues at the same time.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

At least with the cats I would have them tested for Feline Leukemia and, FIV which are very contagious cat diseases they can pick up through other cats outside< Feline Leukemia is transmitted through bodily fluids, whereas FIV mostly through bites etc, The vet can do a test for these it is not that expensive. But these are not contagious to the dog. Cats can also get another disease called FIP which is a coronavirus that is pretty lethal. I have four cats and keep them indoors. I had a neighbor years ago who did not like cats so she poisoned two of my cats and I never let another one of mine out again.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Well yes we are quite concerned, and thanks for your concern, much appreciated! I have been told that the lumps may be fat pockets which are common in older female dogs who don't get enough exercise, but again I have known human doctors to misdiagnose also. What I have noticed most is the lethargy, not caring who comes in the yard anymore. She has always been adamant to greet everyone. This combined with the cats both showing issues is weird, and I'm in no position to bring all to the vet as the male alone is gonna cost me $500, plus I'm told a special food diet.

Anyone who can lend me the FED printing machine for a day??

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My Vizsla (Hungarian pointer)used to go outside at night to watch the quail roosting in the evergreen trees.
She'd do it all by herself
Now, she makes me go out with her. She stares at me at sundown...Then we go upstairs.
She points, and slowly skulks outside...like a walking statue....and just looks at them.
Then at me, then at them again..
Then we go back inside, and she's happy.
Don't know why she suddenly decided I had to go with her. Perhaps she wants to show off her skills.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

We are pretty much natural people, no chemical sprays, use vinegar and water, no swiffer etc....having said that we did do renovations before me moved in, and again I moved a wall about 9 months ago which included the replacement of ....drywall....hmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

where did the drywall come from? I would check into that. There have been cases of tainted drywall.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

You know, our dog is a Catahoula, and she is doing a similar thing. She gives us a stare down and sometime a bark, like shes trying to tell us something?? Shes always been so independent, and now she wants us close. I know dogs have a great sense that we dont understand, is she telling us that she is sick? warning us? I trust her more than I trust most people, and given the fact both cats are acting up also, is what prompted me to post this thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I find this very interesting, never heard of tainted drywall before. Homedepot, so I would assume cheapchina. I will ask next time i'm in town and do some research into this issue. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The drywall comes from China, and you will need to find out from the place you purchased your drywall from where their supplies came from. Just some info on this, but I was a lifelong resident in New Orleans (suburb), and after Katrina made my home permanently in Tennessee. Because of the massive rebuilding efforts along the gulf coast, domestic supplies of sheetrock were exhaused, so builders used imported Chinese drywall for their supplies, not knowing it is extremely toxic. (The Katrina rebuilding created a worldwide shortage from what I understand, so this Chinese drywall was supplied all over the planet.) It is also know to cause corrosive damage as well, corroding pipes, causing electronics to malfunction. I'm sure you can find all you want to know from google or the safer alternative startpage. Many people I know down in Louisiana that rebuilt their homes had to abandon their homes a second time. I sincerely hope you don't have this problem, but, as I was reading through these responses, it popped into my mind and thought I would mention it. Good luck and please keep us updated, whether it is drywall, water or something else, something is affecting your pets and by sharing you will be keeping the rest of us informed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by quest4info

I find this very interesting, never heard of tainted drywall before. Homedepot, so I would assume cheapchina. I will ask next time i'm in town and do some research into this issue. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Home Depot--you should be ok.
en.wikipedia.org...
"In April 2009, home improvement stores The Home Depot and Lowe's confirmed from their suppliers that no drywall sold in their stores was imported from China."

What kind of heat do you have? Maybe a carbon monoxide test is needed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hi guestforinfo,

Are you positive that your pets (as in you 'pet' them) don't have worms?

The reason that I ask is because, when I first moved out to the country in 1994, I decided to keep mousers and ended up with an average head count of 30 cats.

At first kittens were dying on me. We went through a good amount of de-wormer before a neighboring farmer told me about a "home-made de-wormer". You might want to give it a try. Now, if your animals have parasites or what-have-you, instead of worms, I don't know if this particular recipe will help or not. All I know is that I had absolutely no problems with worms after I started my mousers on this recipe. It works! When I first heard about it I thought, "Oh ha ha ain't that a knee slapper?!! My cats will think they're royalty."

Farmer's Favorite De-wormer

Ingredients

One pound rice (white is fine cuz this ain't no nutrition supplement. Please cook the rice first)
One pound ground beef (cooked to kill parasites)
One pound pole beans (green beans, cooked)

Instructions

In a large bowl mix ingredients with your hands until well blended. Set bowl on floor.

Serve hot or warm. Caution: Some animals will eat scolding food so it's sensible to cool before serving.

Makes one serving or many servings depending on how many cats you have or feed at one time.

Hopefully this helps.

Starblossom

edit on 12-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I made a mistake okay! geesh

edit on 12-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I felt like filling this out.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I have brain damage.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I forgot.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: I changed 'wise' to 'sensible'.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: there's always a reason.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Cats and dogs are the most honest "people" I know.
I have another story about my other dog.
He's a bigger fellow than the Vizsla. But I am quite positive he saved my wife's life more than once.

I'll share it later in the thread..I don't want to derail it right away. Because this is not new behavior for him.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well here are a few ideas, but only you would know what to do. Maybe the pets need a vacation, a day at the beach or a trip to the park. Vitamins? Buy two new bags of food and change what they eat every few days.
Wet dog food, wet cat food at dinner, tuna occasionally. I know I would get bored eating the same old stuff constantly. Get a few new toys to play with, get down and play with them daily. Walk the dogs alot, mine really look forward to the 7:00 am walk, I usually look like a mess. Fleas can make pets lethargic, ask vet about that or look it up online. We have been doing alot of baths here lately and vacumming. A play date with the neighbors dog, or a stay at the kennel might be a fun camp weekend. Moving as a last resort might liven them up as a last resort, or take them to friends and relatives houses for a visit. Best Wishes with Happiness for all!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I have never heard of that breed. Just looked it up...Amazing looking dog.
What is their nature? pointer, retriever, tracker, herding?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks for that search, the drywall thing never would have entered my mind and hopefully these stores are telling the truth. We only use wood heat, have a good system that has been WETT inspected and have used wood heat for 13 years.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Animals are very empathetic towards thier owners, often the health of your animals is a reflection of your own state of mind and emotional well-being.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thanks for that recipe, do you cook the beans or use raw? Anything that can be done homegrown I always prefer, but we have gone to the vet and bought the pills depending on the animal and weight.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Do check environmental contaminants, especially anything and any area that is shared by them. I really hope you can get it figured out. Any other symptoms other than lethargy? (watery eyes/nose, very warm ears, gum color, "bathroom" habits normal)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hope that your pets get well soon. It sounds like something in either the food or water making them ill.. No problems with pet here have a monkey thats always up to mischief.. Along with a bird both are fine .. None of the wildlife showing any adverse signs either.. As out here lots of wild animals in the jungle

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I would agree, like I said earlier...if my dog approves of a person, they are most welcome in my home. She is definitely a great "friend" and family member. She also gives my neighbor an abnormal bark until he says hi, its too funny. In the time we have had her, she has only given 2 people the gears, one was the neighbor boy at the old place (I suspected someone was stealing gas from our vehicles at that time.hmmmm), and the other person showed extreme fear of the dog as soon as he seen her which I suspect triggered her to be cautious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join