It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have your pets started acting different?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
First of all I expect to be ridiculed because that seems to be the norm for all ATS threads these days(yup I said that)!!!!!!! Now back to my title. I LOVE animals(and even people), but my dog is more trustworthy than some of my family members. Actually if my dog likes you, you are most welcome in my home and I will even feed you dinner and buy you a brew.

Recently I have noticed some strange things with my pets(1 male cat, 1 female cat, 1 female dog). All my pets have received the same diet for years but over the last 6 months things have changed. They have become very lethargic.

My dog who always informs me of any activities, including when I come home, no longer barks at anything she used to be so concerned about(including me coming home, which used to be so exciting)??? Her attitude is just way off, she has developed lumps on her legs and is not the same dog she was 1 year ago??

My male cat is now in the vet, looks like a $500 bill and not even sure if he will survive, 5 year old and very active and now sick in hospital.???

My female cat is also showing signs of lethargy and having troubles with her daily constitution.?? Just not the same cat as she was 1 year ago.

We used to have a well at our old place, but now we have municipal water and yup they add fluoride and chlorine, but this isn't a thread about fluoride so don't give me the fluoride is good crap!

These are our CHILDREN! and I have noticed some dramatic changes in their behavior, to the point that if they were my real human children, I would immediately take them to a emergency waiting room.

I have read many articles from water quality, food, and even the radiation from changing sun, may be attributing issues to our every day lives, and I have my own thoughts, but I would like some input.

QUESTION: has anyone else seen a change in their pets personality/attitude/health lately??
QUESTION: if not, why are all my CHILDREN having such health issues all at the same time??
QUESTION: have you had any changes in you pets attitude and health over the past year?(actually been only the last 3 months i've noticed this has happened)

All input is appreciated!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My kids and my dog are all in great health. My kids are in good spirits and excited about Christmas. All clear here.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

My dogs have been acting just as ornery and energetic as ever, if not more so (to my chagrin sometimes
)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Good to hear! I always wish the best for everyone and all animals!

The only reason I am writing this thread because this has all happened at once! I can accept the passing of a pet, but I have 3 pets all different ages having some issues. I'm hesitant to suspect anything like food or water supply, but this is just to weird.

Maybe it's something local, maybe it's not. Just would like to hear if anyone else has pet issues before I jump to conclusions.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Look for local pollution(inside and outside the house), diseases in indigenous animals that could pass on to your pets through fleas. There can be many causes to your pets health problems.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

I love dogs just for that reason, mine always greeted everyone with energy, but just the other day we had a couple over who purchased an item and our dog didn't even realize they where here?? She usually wants to know everything, I was so dumbfounded, she didn't even sniff them or anything. Too strange.

link   

Nothing unusual here. Our four cats invade the bathroom everytime my gf or I go in, and we can't even have sex without an audience of fur children on the bed, unless we lock the door. Hell, I can't even do some necking with her without one or two cats getting in the way.

link   
My sympathy on your pets' conditions.

How are YOU feeling? Physically, I mean.

If the problem is environmental, then it's very likely that whatever is affecting your pets is taking it's toll on you as well.

Check your local water quality report. Your local water might be high in nitrates, or a miriad of organic toxins.

Most important..... It sounds like you've moved recently. Urban? Rural? Odd neighbors? Industry? Old factories, or landfills? All of these could be culprits.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, i changed my dogs food on them last week and they have been showing me their disgust with me by chuckin a deuce on the front door rug a couple of nights in a row while we are sleeping. My son, who leaves out to go to school at 5:30am has been waking me up and sharing his disgust by letting me know he stepped in it. I can explain to him about the change of food and the deal we got with the coupon to get it. My dogs apparently don't understand about coupons.

No really though, maybe you should get your water checked out. We have had an issue out in Royal Palm Beach where children and adults are getting cancer in a specific location. They are saying that it is probably water contamination. Pets have also been affected by it. Something worth looking into..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofnone
How are YOU feeling? Physically, I mean.

I also feel this is extremely relevant.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

Thanks for your input and that is always a concern. We still live relatively rural(40 minutes to a grocery store, but have municipal water supply with septic field). We deworm our pets and try to keep up with flea control the best possible, but both cats have free raine outside and our dog has a limited run so she cant "pea" off the neighbors or infiltrate their garbage(yum best dog food ever lols). I can see one pet getting into something, but all 3 are acting strange.

Maybe I have a bad neighbor??
Could chlorine/fluoride affect them??
Am I just being over sensitive??

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I can relate, we have a barricage, at the bedroom door just for that reason. Abby(dog) used to get so concerned that I was hurting the Mrs.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My Chihuahua is acting completely normal, well normal for a bi-polar dog!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

How do you feel after living there a year? Have you thought of using a Brita water filter (or Pur.) I am not certain if Brita pitcher filters out everything it says it does, but the water sure does taste a world better!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You mentioned your old place; have you moved recently? If so, the problems may be related to the new environment and they may be related to allergens or other factors within the physical environment as well as psychological/emotional factors. A change in drinking water is an important change, water from wells may have a high content of minerals that may be beneficial for a pet's health and that is not in your tap water. Check for mold or other respiratory pollutants and for chemicals on the lawn, etc...The amount of sunlight and outdoors activity is an important factor in the health of your pet, check for changes there also.
After ruling out fungi or other contaminants, I think that you should try to mimic the previous environment as much as possible, including activity and food.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My Umbrella Cockatoo bite me few days ago.
But that's nothing different.
She hasn't bit me in over a year, but i still expected it.

Whenever she's super nervous or pissed off she will bite,
I brought her upstairs and there was a big new couch and it scared her, so she bit me.

Other than that she's annoying as hell - which is nothing unusual

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It depends where you live really. They spray chemtrails more heavily in some areas opposed to others. I'm sure municipal water supplies do not all have the same amounts of the same chemicals from area to area.

If you use teflon coated aluminum cookware, that would be another contributing factor.

They say that diseases dogs and cats get are not able to be transferred to humans... my research has suggested otherwise. It could be that your pets are consuming food from a bad company. The immunity of your animals could be degraded to the point they have picked up something (much easier than if they had healthy immune systems) away from home. And the next would be that your kids got sick from the animals.

One could never really know unless he or she knows the circumstances of the situation.
edit on 12-12-2010 by mblaze2023 because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by masterofnone

We moved 3 years ago, but the only difference is municipal water. Still not near much industry. After what happened in Waterloo Ontario Canada e coli crisis and now they voted no to fluoride in the water, I just dont have any faith in municipal water and sure hope this isn't the case.

As far as me and the wife, yes there have been some differences:

Lethargic being the most noticable, and having said that we grow our own food, birds for eggs and all that is now watered with municipal water.....hmmmmm.

I have seen the water tests and there is traces of nitrates and the addition of fluoride.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dovinos1

move was 3.5 years ago

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblaze2023

Teflon pans were removed many years ago. We used to have a blue macaw parrot and love birds and know the harm that can be done with those GREAT pans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join