It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have your pets started acting different?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by quest4info
reply to post by masterofnone

As far as me and the wife, yes there have been some differences:

Lethargic being the most noticable, and having said that we grow our own food, birds for eggs and all that is now watered with municipal water.....hmmmmm.

I have seen the water tests and there is traces of nitrates and the addition of fluoride.

What about airborne type pollutants also.
Radon gases, carbon monoxide....or anything that might seep up from the ground.....
Are you downwind from any industry,
Was there ever industry that might have been torn down anywhere near you that could still be polluting..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Well anything is possible, but we live an area that has minimal industry, a few sawmills. My whole motivation is to see if others have noticed any difference with their pets, and so far not, so that leads me to believe something in my area or possible neighbor related events. Somehow I cant rule out municipal water, I will be talking with my neighbors to see if they have noticed any issues.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by quest4info

My cat is always lazy and she mozies in and out of the house all day. The only strange things i've noticed about her is that she got in a fight with another cat last week...that is rare for her because she is usually a scaredy cat (pun intended). She received a big wound on the side of her ribcage and it looks pretty nasty but seems to be healing...

Other than my cat, i have noticed for myself that I have been extremely lethargic since the beginning of November, it could be because of lack of sun and exercise though.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That is a good idea. I think in areas with higher occurrence of gun ownership tend to be more highly targeted for chemtrail spraying and water supply poisoning. It can be also something sprayed on our foods...

Don't forget that Dioxins (agent orange is a dioxin) are endocrine/lymphatic system disruptors. They spray that on our produce as pesticide and it is also leeching out of the plastics our foods are packaged in. Nice, huh?
edit on 12-12-2010 by mblaze2023 because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by masterofnone

Thanks, and all great points. 3+ years here now, I sure miss well water and that is the only visible/physical difference. Given the size difference between humans and dogs/cats, could they be showing signs of what we may soon be victim of? This is just way too strange to happen all so sudden.

Thanks for your concern!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

quest4info,

The lumps on the dogs feet may be tumers, have that dog checked by a good vet. The others acting lifeless, I would consider a change in food for them. A dog will never get cancer if he has enough raw meat. It is hard to get meat any more that isn't irradiated and it is not what the dog needs. The cats also the same thing. Hunt up a local butcher shop and see if they got some lower grade cheaper meat.

My son had a dog that came down with cancer and the vet didn't know of anything to help him. I told my son, go out and shoot some groundhogs and cut them up and give them to him. He did and the dog, an old one lived for quite awhile.

All including us needs raw foods.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mblaze2023

Well, I have considered the issues discussed here on ATS about all the conspiracies regarding population control with air, food and water supplies, and believe me I think about this always. As far as high gun ownership, Canadians gave up their arms long ago, I'm starting to think water as we no longer control that.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Have your pets started acting different?

My pig has been tarring the door down to get out at nigh here lately.
Usually he likes to sleep at the foot of the bed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I didn't realize that you were in canada. Water would be most likely culprit. I do want to remind you that EVERYTHING we are exposed to has synergistic accumulating effects. It may be what you are thinking ... but the culprit may be a combination of things, especially over the past 5 years or so.

I wish you and yours the best. Live long, mind-strong.
edit on 12-12-2010 by mblaze2023 because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Well good point, we do have much snow on the ground and all 3 pets don't care to go outside at the moment, but we still have a bay window that all 3 like to lay in front of when the sun shines. I do realize people are affected by this, so why not pets, hmm.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

Thanks, I do realize the need for raw foods for humans, but somehow we forget that animals also were accustomed to raw meat and maybe that would help. The cats always hunt birds, mice and squirrels in the summer months, so I do understand the truth to this. However we are a family of habit and the winters and food have been the same for years....hmmmm, one more thing to consider, thank you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

You let your food walk around in your home before you kill and eat it?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I have noticed changes in the eating habits of my 3 cats over the last 12 - 18 months or so.

The single most obvious thing that I think has changed is the dry food they eat..."crunchies". All 3 of my cats are neutered, 2 female and one male. The male cat has had serious issues with "cystytis" which is more dangerous to male neutered cats and at one point I thought he was going to die. Yes, big bills at the vets.

The problem I think is the contents of a lot of pet foods has changed and now incorporates lower quality ingredients. To make up for the fact that they don't taste as good as they used to, the manufacturers have added more "appetiser" ingredients to keep cats interested and consuming. Along with the problem of my cats not eating food of a quality they have been used to, they also got in the habit of eating too much of it, almost to a point where they wouldn't eat anything else.

Sound familiar....junk food for humans.

So....pet food companies cut back on costly ingredients, cats get sick, vets get paid more and the animal pharmasutical and food companies (who often fund vet training facilities) all get richer while our animals get sick. A viscious circle that needs to be broken by those who are blind to these "coincidences".

I have now changed the feeding habits of my cats and cut RIGHT back on dry foods. If they don't finish the wet food then they can't be THAT hungry and their "cravings" for crunchies are not instantly rewarded like they used to be.

I love my cats, and will do all I can to keep them happy and healthy. While I respect vets for the help they give to our pets, they seem to have little concern over precautions against the problems we pet owners may face other than sell us extremely expensive products from their practices.

Also, products for animals don't carry the same regulations as those for human consumption and are therefore easier for manufacturers to ignore quality.

I don't buy cheap because it's not good for them.
I don't buy expensive because I refuse to pay for "label" products and company profits.
I love the Spring when my cats can catch their dinner as nature intended.

I imagine the problems apply to most pet foods but mainly to cat and dog foods which make the producers millions and millions every year.....I wonder what they feed their pets?

ps....I also filter all the water they now drink in the house and they have rainwater sources outside and I use a 20,000 litre tank of it in the dry times of year for the garden which tops up their trough.
edit on 12/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

No hes a pet pot belly that Iv had for years house broke and a couch hog.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mblaze2023

WATER.... I'm really starting to have my suspicions about this vital resource we no longer control. Hmmmm

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Well as much as I like bacon, i've heard pigs make a great pet! Does he prefer to be outside? and could lack of sun attribute to this?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well, I REALLY appreciate your reply. Well all talk about the crap that us humans eat and forget the same rules apply to pet food production. Its all about the most profit and who cares about health because we have a whole pharmaceutical industry to take care of the adverse effects, right. I have done much research into the possible coming food crisis and the increase prices in wheat, barley, sugar, corn, etc etc.

Your reply makes the most sense, because I've lived here for 3.5 years and one the changes I have seen in the past 6 months is the stress on our food industry....Hmmmmm lots to consider.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What type of flea control are you using? Never use the stuff from the grocery store. It will kill the cat or dog . It is horrible stuff. I have been at the vet when someone brought in a cat they put that stuff on it almost killed the cat. They said never use it. Always get from the vet. Also I agree with the other members check for mold, carbon monoxide in the house. Maybe give the animals bottled water.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The dog with the lumps must have cancer and needs to see the vet ASAP. As for all your animals getting sick at the same time, I hope you can find out what is causing it. You must be a nervous wreck. Much luck to you and your little family. Hugs!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There have been problems worldwide with chinese drywall, has your residence been remodelled or built within the last 4-6 years? It is extremely toxic.

Also, cat food has caused many problems for a few of my cats, specifically any cat food with food coloring in it. The quality of their food has declined, as another poster has detailed. I would not limit this problem to just cat food, as companies like Purina make both and probably use the same additives for both cat and dog food.

Also, anything else in the environment, testing your water, your carpets, any paints, cleaners, anything aerosol, even flushing a toilet can force the spray out as much as 20 feet. Are there any manufacturing plants near you? Chemtrails on a daily basis?

Trying to find a solution to your situation will take time with the process of elimination. Good luck, I have 13 cats under my care right now and they are members of my family, I know how you feel!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join