It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with all of the U.S hater/bashing lately?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow that’s amazing 310,729,000 people living in America and at least one who can only count to three!

There are in fact 310,729,000 different kinds of Americans!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

I think we are some of each at times.
It does make one think if we seriously look at ourselves in the mirror.

That goes for all of us

edit on 11-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Or we can simply be Myopic in our opinions and paint everyone who disagree with us with the "Brain Washed masses" label AKA Sheeple.

That's always a popular ATS crowd pleaser

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think you left out the 4rth kind slayer

4. THE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU IDIOT american
edit on 11-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh that was a snippet from wikipedia not directly from you slayer

Im going to go over and change that RIGHT NOW

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I think you left out the 4rth kind slayer

4. THE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU IDIOT american

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

I don't see it this way. I see this sudden upsurge against the U.S. government as a good thing because I am American and I am tired of our fascist government.
It is time that the U.S. gets off its high horse and matures as a nation. As an American I feel betrayed by the way our government is being run. Our justice system is failing and our financial system is on the verge of a full on collapse. We need to face our problems head on if we ever expect to get out of this mess. We cannot rely on politicians.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

super-power envy. its kinda like penis-envy, except with big guns and money. at least that's my take

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Don't forget about the Self-righteous Pompous, Higher opinion of self than thou attitude American.

Some of us should really look at ourselves and realize we fit the stereo type perfectly

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There's threads like this all the time..
Personally I don't see much in the way of american bashing at all..
Yes, many complain about the Government but not much about the people..

Actually I'd challenge you to show examples of American bashing...

BTW, I do think it's time those lazy yanks changed to metric to make it easier on everyone..
What gives with having a metric style currency but still dealing in miles and gallons..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You could try living in Australia, it is quite peaceful, at the moment all I can hear is a plane and some birds and the wind, no sirens. I am mad at my government as they affiliate themselves with your government which in turns drags our country through the mud, time and time again.

I'm not bashing America as a whole but you should be just as pissed off as me at the way your...president...congress? political partys handle themselves. As for wikileaks, The US will be hosting World Press Freedom Day next year...hypocrites, I don't think Julian Assange has committed any crime, and isn't there a Freedom of Information act? What you don't know doesn't harm you, right? Wrong.

Last but not least, why are you talking about death as though you might die on bad terms? You have much more chance of dieing from a bee sting or a car crash than you would a terrorist attack in your own country yet your forced to be patted down at airports all because of a fear of radical islamists that shouldn't even be holidaying in Western Countrys if they are going to be ruining your quality of life.

Why should anyone in a Middle Eastern country have the luxury of holidaying in the West when they have the potential of killing innocent people in suicide bombings. Harden up on your borders I say, which is what we should be doing as well.

Where do we stand in this world, but on our own two feet.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

We Americans are actually harder on ourselves than non-Americans.
Nothing you've written is new really.

Great points.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Australia is a big desert

i don't want us to be associated with the *outback* (thats a sexual degrading term here in the usa)

a group of prisoners, crime riden low lifes, started your country australian

and you tell me you don't want association

go back to that kangaroo loving baby cuzz you aint getting none from me

/sarcasm
i guesse you can find dirt on EVERY country

PS. how the hell do you secure the border of an island?

Maybe secure the surrounding waters or secure the incoming people?

SHARKS!!!! and
Crocodiles on every corner

I think everyone needs a little criticism
america
and every other country

we can all do better
edit on 11-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Australia is a big desert

i don't want us to be associated with the *outback*

a group of prisoners started your country australian

and you tell me you don't want association

go back to that kangaroo loving baby cuzz you aint getting none from me

Well someone forgot to tell my lawn, cause I'm sick of mowing it..

What a narrow view you have or is it sarcasm?
Hard to tell sometimes...
I might add, I've travelled a lot but wish to live nowhere else but here..

And yes, we are not perfect and our Government is just as corrupt as in the US.
Our MSM is just as biased and we also have a Reserve Bank that is screwing the people..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, as an American, living in America, I can tell you that right now, im pissed off at America and most bashing by Americans and Non-Americans is probably warranted.
Im pissed that America doesnt trust its own citizens anymore.
Im pissed that America sees all its citizens as criminals now and theyre doing everything they can to prove it.
Im pissed that we cant fly anymore without America feeling up our mothers and our children.
Im pissed that when we go Christmas shopping at Walmart stores, there may be a TV monitor at
the register, that shows America telling us to snitch on our fellow citizens.
Im pissed that while going to said Walmart, I may be video-taped between 5-15 times by America.

I could keep going on and on.

This is how America rewards me, my family and my forefathers for our many years of service to America, some of whom even died during that service.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
I'm not bashing America as a whole but you should be just as pissed off as me at the way your...president...congress? political partys handle themselves. As for wikileaks, The US will be hosting World Press Freedom Day next year...hypocrites, I don't think Julian Assange has committed any crime, and isn't there a Freedom of Information act? What you don't know doesn't harm you, right? Wrong.

Yes, we do have the FOIA, but Ass-hat Assange didn't go thru them to get his info. It was leaked to him by another ass-hat, and he posted it for the world to see, regardless of the consequences of his actions. He claims to be doing good, and willing to take the "credit" for that, but he sure as hell not going to be blamed for any harm that comes from the leaks.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If I remember high school correctly..

the prettiest girl always had the worst reputation,
and all the other girls who bashed her, secretly wanted to be her

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Try and actually give a reasonable response on the arguments people give, instead of getting mad about them.

Communication is the key and that includes criticism.

Go Slayer !

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nothing new I know, just putting things into perspective once again. The minoritys are soon to become majoritys, selective immigration should be the way of the future.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Try and actually give a reasonable response on the arguments people give, instead of getting mad about them.

Communication is the key and that includes criticism.

Go Slayer !

Wait Wait....

What about the American who ignores, belittles and side steps those with legitimate opposing views

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join