It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with all of the U.S hater/bashing lately?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Dimitri, I know exactly where your coming from, but its like Slayer69 said, those Americans make up a tiny fraction of the population, combine that with the angry kids // trolls and you have forums filled with muppets, as that's where these people like to come to make themselves feel big. It's easy to spot them in the crowd, they are ones spewing crap from all orifices about how America is greater than everyone else, how America single handedly won WWII, How America is invincible, they are the ones who will argue with you for the sake of arguing, even when 100% of what you are saying is documented fact. But the fact is, every country has its clowns, there are just more Americans floating about on the forums (go to a British dominated forum and you will see the same percentage of British arseholes).

The decent Americans are the ones who will put up a good argument, stick by their guns if right, but concede if they turn out to be wrong, they won't rub their views in your face for the sake of argument, they will debate and move on when a conclusion has been reached. Just like any other decent human from any country would do.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say also, you can't blame a people for the crimes of it's government or armed forces (again, "small percentage" of soldiers)
edit on 15/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I doubt by now there could possibly be any sort of majority here that feels America is anything similar to what we once were. I feel its time to get back to what we were.... but I have a real fear with facts to back it up.

We have no more industry. We have a pathetic amount of token exports. We have nothing to offer the international community anymore by design I believe.No real food production and crazy regulations. Our economy is crashing. We DO have bodies though.. and weaponry. WHat we have to offer the international community is being the real dog of war. Im sure the kiddies get a thrill out of that,but I dont like the trend toward being the world's mercenary. Its foolish to believe we have made these decisions for war on our own. These things are with the blessing of certain powers within the international community.. its no conspiracy. How do we get our economy back on track?? War. How do we maintain world dominance.. not by being a benevolent democracy, industry or prosperity.... some idiots choose war, fear, oppressive dominance.

I noticed in the wikileaks info that several countries were urging us to attack certain other countries. Im sure others of you have noticed this. Saudi and Israel whining about Iran and China whining about NK to the US. ETC... DOnt you find this just a little disturbing? Afghanistan doesnt want us there and prefers the Taliban supposedly... but our illustrious leader just now sent 30K more troops for a surge in the country? Can you fathom what is being spoken of if these things were spoken about in less than TS cables and in the media?

NOTHING thats been done since 9/11 passes the smell test .. for ANY of the countries involved including Canada and the UK. Its been used as the catalyst for most of the garbage we;ve pulled out of the bag since then.

I dont even know if we the people have any recourse anymore.. but I guess we wil soon find out. The govt is making unilateral decisions with NO input from the citizens these days. They have in the past of course.. but not in your face like now. Certain executive orders are frightening to say the least all the way from Reagan to the present ramp up. Our country has been falsely polarized by 2 parties.. the dems and repubs.. but if you watch and listen.. they want the same things and just say something different. Throw a bone to the slumbering.Put on a good show.

I love my country very much. I have enjoyed the freedoms we still have throughout my life and we still have many freedoms and advantages that other countries only dream of. The problem is that they are coming to an end...rapidly... we will no longer be or arent already the place where people WANT to come for the quality of life and freedoms. We really must regain ourselves and make it even better than before. I really dont know how to do this.. nothing we have tried previously has worked... and Im begining to feel that our voting process is a fallacy as well. We can get no justice because the people we have to go through for recourse are corrupt. Ive experienced this myself on a state and city level. The freedoms and rights are steadily being chipped away.. and AMericans arent screaming about it. I dont understand the apathy. It seems like the only thing that gets folks in the US off of the couch anymore is a bombing or tragedy and pointing at some sort of identifiable enemy. Gung ho.. lets get em. But they never never question anything. We are truly conditioned for war at the word jump. Our patriotism is now something turned sour rather than any true patriotism. The wars with no end and supporting them are patriotism now? It sure has changed from when I was a kid..

Each of you from other countries.. dont you realize that your governments are complicit in this?? Cant we all put away the penises and testosterone ( female here.. just making a funny) for a bit and seek common ground to change this monstrosity we are **all** responsible for having allowed? Some here seem to be operating on a 1950-60 world and not the real world we are in now. It is NOT my government alone that is completely out of control and on a horrible course... but it will be my government that becomes what you definitely dont want... a very hungry war machine.We are already well on our way. If youre griping about unjust wars now.. you havent seen anything yet compared to what we would be capable of given the green light by these so called international allies and organizations. No civilized human being wants this. We have the capability to destroy the middle east.. we dont. If you believe that we dont due to China or Russia.. youre fooled. Our battle plans are more like stall tactics and soft occupations. China and Russia want the natural resources.. they already enjoy a nice oil relationship with Iran and other countries in the ME. They will make a deal with whomever controls it.. if they havent already. DO you really think we are there to win anything in the conventional sense? Surges, spreading democracy,and winning hearts and minds.. bunch of BS to placate the foolish masses of our respective countries. Thats not a way to wage war.. not a war to "win" and come home. There is nothing to win.. there is no democracy to spread.

This bashing of eachother drives me up the wall.. seriously guys.. whos country is worse, more corrupt, or whatever? How about they ALL are... anyone involved in this is culpable. Youre on ATS for Gods sake.. you havent seen all of these things unfolding right in front of you? I hope to hell Im wrong and Im just another old nut.. you better hope so too. I simply see no other benefit for the things we have been doing for the last 40 years in particular other than what Im describing. Each of us better consider that this new world order may not be what you think it is and that its already here.

Now get along and stop making these stupid threads.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I´ve got an idea !! lets put all of our energy in to making this world a better place for everyone, Merry Christmas to one and all.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You have very wise insight into this matter.

However, I have to say that the world and human cultures are still divided up into nations. While globalist elites have no national borders to conduct their global dominance and subversion, we the people still exist in geopolitical realms and that is where we have to take charge of our own situations before we take on global concerns.

I agree that there needs to be some kind of global alliance of people who realize what is going on, and have a vision to retake power into our own hands, but we are all confused as to how we need to organize and so we, at times, attack each other. This is probably exactly what is expected of us by the powers that be.

But we must look at the age that we are currently in. We can dream of a future utopia, or work on what is tangible to us in the present. In order to work together we need to find the medium between us, on a global scale, and that is the internet. That's why I'm on ATS, because while there are a lot of rivalries and contradictions on here, we all kind of get the bigger picture.

We need to figure out the next step, to take our ideas here and shape them into tangible action.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

we the people still exist in geopolitical realms and that is where we have to take charge of our own situations before we take on global concerns.

Well said. Putting parts of your post together, the internet provides everyone, globally, information on what is wrong. The fact is we all suffer from the same ill winds, from the same evil-doers if you will.

We all have to take essentially the same actions in our respective countries -- and I would say that is to wrestle back control of our respective governments and international bodies like the UN, from the multi-national corporations who currently have the power and control. Perhaps that is more of the goal. How to achieve it might be something we need to be discussing instead of just pointing fingers at each other.

edit on 12/15/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Is Canadian English different from American English or something?

Yes, it is. It's "about", not "aboot".

So you can either take what I give you, or push me some more and face the results.

Geez, what are you going to do, "unleash the Kraken"?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

So you can either take what I give you, or push me some more and face the results.

Geez, what are you going to do, "unleash the Kraken"?

That's Krakoon!

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   
WHY was this necrobumped from 14 years ago?

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Seems like a new member resurrected it.
Probably looking through old threads and felt like commenting.

Lets face it, there has been a recent surge in anti-US sentiments expressed on ATS recently.
Sadly most of it comes from within the US itself.

A sad reflection on where the US is at present?

Personally I think that despite all its faults and mistakes the US gets far too much bad press.
The world is a far better place for the role the US and its citizens have taken on the world stage than it would have been if they had just been content with insular isolationism and I for one thank them for that.

Of course it both could and should be better, where or who couldn't?

The US needs to get over hating on each other and concentrate on the many things that unite it and the positives rather than fixate and obsess on its differences.

How they can do that is well and truly beyond a simple man like me and its for Americans to work out themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join