It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiCitizenZone

ONLY YOU alone are alluding him to a higher being status. Journalists and whistleblowers everyday who espouses criminal activities are never held on such exalted status by anyone except perhaps you.

Enough of your smearing please and do stick to the facts.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA. WOW, Just wow. Where to begin!

So your happy for your kids to grow up in this corporate nightmare? Good for you my ignorant friend, can I also point out assange CANNOT, EVER be charged with treason against the USA, EVER. As in it would be IMPOSSIBLE for the US Govt to charge him with treason. He is Australian!!! LMOA. Again if you new what you where talking about you'd know this. (but then who needs facts & logic eh?)

"Maybe you should put up your homes to help get your hero out of jail so he can start some wars and get us all killed."

OH, so your not ignorant, your a coward? I See, that explains the pure lack of any logic to your argument.

Our governments are corrupt, that is a FACT, the help the banks & corporation profit off our backs, while we struggle & suffer they live lives of untold luxury and wealth and we PAY FOR IT ALL. If you DONT have a problem with that then hey, 10/10 all that money spent on programming the lemmings obviosuly didnt all go to waste!!

The fact is, yes if these leaks are as bad as some claim things WILL get worse before they get better, just the hammer falling once we realised we are not realy free could kill millions world wide as the governments try and maintane control, it will be sad and it will be painfull, but that is the price you pay for IGNORANCE, my ignorance, your ignorance, OUR IGNORANCE we are all to blame, we supported it wether we want to admit it or not and now its getting ready to crumble around us because WE LET IT GET THIS FAR.

We can either chose to remain sheep or we can become wolves & take out planet back, I can see you have already made your choice! Best of luck !

Cheers,

S

(I know this may seem some what hash, but im done with the whole "its inpolite to call out idiots" thing that Politicians (and people on this site) rely on so much, you say something stupid or ignorant I am gonna tell you what I think about it, we should ALL BE DOING THE SAME. Its about time we start doing this instead of trying to debate fools, just tell them what they are and be done with it!!!)
edit on 8-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: Added a bit

edit on 8-12-2010 by S3ns1bl3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
To be honest I have yet to see any 'lives harmed by his leaks', people are probably just ashamed of getting written down in history as being corrupt criminals is all.

Why is the government getting hyped up over Assange? Hundreds of people have left the government and blew the whistle, even with there lives threatened, and the government still doesn't get hyped up about them because they are usually gagging about what the public considers science fiction. Assange on the other hand is not gagging science fiction but what the public considers to be credible data, since it doesn't involves aliens or mind control. The government knows this and also knows that what he is gagging is the truth; truth that could turn the world against them thats why they are so hyped up.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Also assange doesn't need to lie about UFO's or his doomsday documents to win over anyone or threaten the government. He has already won over millions from the day wiki leaks came on cnn. Secondly the government is already very threatened by him thats why they are resorting to desperation in order to shut him up. Now those of you who think he actually committed crimes against those women think again. He had over 31 counts of hacking before 18, he was able to hack a security network at 16, he went through university math and physics with flying colors, you really think he is dumb enough to rape someone at this point, and allow them to live so they can go and say that Mr. Assange raped me? Come on people.
edit on 8-12-2010 by shikori because: grammer

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Mastercard, the multinational payments network which yesterday throttled money transfers to WikiLeaks, was this morning brought offline following an attack by internet avengers, Anonymous.

The website of Mastercard would not load just before 10am on Wednesday; an error page cited a "DNS fail". (Here's some technical background)

Thats a quote from the guardian. More proof to show he doesn't need to win anyone over.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
nothing will stop the truth , NOTHING !
thousands of dis info agents, sheeple,hundreds false arrests are hopeless
snowball is rolling
one of the cables today

www.abovetopsecret.com...
spread the truth ..be on the right side
edit on 8-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

I guess my only question is if you hate it here so bad and are so disgusted with the government why are you still here? Lets see you come up with reply for that? No one is forcing you to live in this corporate nightmare. I dont know about you but I'm doing just fine in it. Yes I had to make some changes in my lifestyle as most of us did but it's not that bad really is it? He is Australian?? Really? NO KIDDIN!!! I said should be charged I'm well aware that he cant be! My lack of logic is your opinion your entitled to it. If I were you I'd get out of the US right now and take all your hatred for it with you. The only person ignorant here is you for not realizing you can buy a plane ticket and end your suffering! I must say your crimes against spelling almost rival that of Assange!
edit on 8-12-2010 by AntiCitizenZone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What do you guys think about these points??

wemustknow.net... he-evidence-speaks-for-itself/

1. Wikileaks proves Weapons Of Mass Destruction In Iraq. This should be a “Duh” moment but there’s more, of course.

www.americanthinker.com...

2. The last Wikileak Leak, which I downloaded (I downloaded this one too) had Osama bin Laden appearing in the first 10 pages (the American readers limit when given hundreds of pages of boring #) and alive and in charge of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan even though he’s very likely been dead for a long, long time.

3. If Julian Assange were truly a rogue we ALL KNOW the mainstream media would black him out and they would NOT report anything about anything that he’s revealed. Even more importantly, if these leaks were truly damaging to the US not ONE SINGLE media outlet would report them. Heck man, we can’t even get these people to report Building Seven. Geraldo did 5 minutes on it 10 YEARS AFTER the event.

4. Julian Assange accepts the official version of 911. If that isn’t an enormous Red Flag then I don’t know what is.

5. The overly-emphasized “CIA is after Assange” story in the media rings false. The CIA does not advertise its own agendas and missions, and the media rarely intrudes on their discretion. But here we have something like Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner. What’s wrong with this picture?

6. The recent (last week) NYT profile of Assange was originally bylined by Eric Schmitt, then the names were changed. Assange has used Schmitt in the past to communicate. Schmitt is a senior writer on terrorism and national security for the NYT, and is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

7. Wikileaks reveals that 15,000 more died in Iraq then the US government actually admitted. WTF? The Iraq Coalition Casualty Count reports 43,000; the Iraq Body Count reports 94,000; the Brookings Institute reports 113,000; the Associated Press reports 34,000 and the World Health Organization reports 151,000. Try close to ONE MILLION, per the Lancet several years back. Do I trust the Lancet or some CIA plant? Well, I don’t trust the Lancet either and believe it was well over 1 million; but, I’d trust them over this yackadoodle any day of the week.

8. Puhleeze, these guys either aren’t too smart or they’re playing games because: The contact number on Wikileaks.org has a D.C. area code and is a Verizon cell phone number registered in Adelphi, Maryland. Intellus.com, a Web tracking service, connected the number to a ‘V.A. Reston.’ (give me a #ing break!) Twenty miles from Adelphi is Reston, VA., home to iDefense Labs, whose web site says it is a “comprehensive provider of security intelligence to governments.” The Washington, DC telephone number is also on the same exchange as the newly created “Iraq Study Group” (2005) and the Afghanistan Embassy Of Washington. The Iraq Study Group was designed by the Public Relations Firm hired by the US government to promote the Iraq War to us in the media.

9. The WikiLeaks document release reminds many of Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers. Remember, Ellsberg worked for Internal Security Affairs. He was a spook. Ellsberg himself has recently come out to say he thinks the CIA may be targeting Assange. Oh, please.

10. Instead of discussion about the revelations in the documents, and questions about why the media did not report this stuff years ago, the takeaway from the latest WikiLeaks release has been a) look, Iran was involved and b) Assange is an alleged rapist and he’s a Bad Guy!

11. The same people who would have us believe Osama Bin Laden is living in comfort in Pakistan ten years after undergoing dialysis in a Dubai hospital, now bring us globetrotting Julian Assange— every bit as cartoonish as OBL. The bigger the lie, the more likely people will believe it.

12. Funny how Assange and Ellsberg gave a press conference last Saturday at a hotel located a stone’s throw from MI6, where yesterday spy chief Sir John Sawyers gave the first public speech in MI6′s 101-year history, defending secrecy in the war against terror. Both press conferences were written up in the NYT by John F. Burns. It’s always interesting to learn a little about the guys who write these stories, right? Burns studied Russian at Harvard, Chinese at Cambridge, and later Islamic history at Cambridge. He served as bureau chief in Moscow 1981-84, and is currently London bureau chief. He is married to a woman who is currently the NYT Baghdad bureau chief.

13. The CIA DID NOT arrest Assange at the Press Conference outlinesd above. Why not? (MI6 didn’t arrest him either but these Keystone Kops are still looking for Osama. Right?).

14. And the single most important factor is that Americans are rubes and if you tell a BIG lie often enough, even if it looks like, smells like and sounds like a lie, they WILL believe it. Think 911 here folks. This is a 21st Century Document Dump 911. A Controlled Demolition of your brain, no thermate necessary. No cell phones, no planes.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
We are in crucial times right now, we still have the ability to take back our rights and boot the corrupt governments to the curb. We must all act now before it's too late though... Can people not see what's happening!? Or are we hoping a superhero will come and do the job for us by a swing of his fist?

We must all play our part. Whether it be small or big.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

And thats exactly the most stupid thing he could do. Because he loves his home country, but he can't agree to what is going on. So he is looking for a change. Of course wealthy people tend to be happy with their overall situation, but most of us are not.

I can just strongly agree and its not only about the US government. We are just enslaved, but this is the modern way to do it. That the people don't even realize, they are just slaves. While others facing difficulties getting all bills payed, they facing difficulties in spending all the money they get...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiCitizenZone

My lack of logic is your opinion your entitled to it.

I must say your crimes against spelling almost rival that of Assange!

If you are going to attack someones spelling, it would help your cause greatly if you spelled "you're" correctly.

Why would you state you think someone should be charged with something they simply cannot be charged with?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I am a bit surprised that those very same people that try to shut down wikileaks in order to save their faces , do not see that making a martyr out of Julian will make matters much much worse in the long run .

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3
We can either chose to remain sheep or we can become wolves & take out planet back

Wow, that's some visions of grandeur. What pompous cr@p. On planetary scale, no less.

If you want the planet, you'd have to go talk to the Chinese, Iranians, Indians and a lot of other folks. You won't have your planet until they are OK with it, and I doubt they will be. I thought they told you this in the kindergarden.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Puh-leeeze.... Saying that diplomatic communications should be public domain makes about as much sense as saying that we should do away with curtains so that neighbors can see into each other bedrooms.
Puh-leeeze... I'd like to know just what you're doing in your bedroom that you feel is so shameful that you assume that its obvious that we should accept that our neighbours shouldn't be able to see it. See, this is exactly the type of mentality that promotes the environment in which corruption thrives:
I'm an adult. I have a healthy libido. I have a lot of sex. Some of it is what many would call perverted. I just dont care; its consensual. I assume that other adults have whatever sex they enjoy. Why should I be surprised if I see them doing so? What do I care if somebody wants to watch me?
Actually, some adults are properly perverted. They do enjoy practices that are sick. Yeah, well if we could see them doing it, we'd not stand for it, would we? However, all it takes is curtains & intimidation of the victims to prevent us knowing whats really going on, until its too late to stop the inevitable escalation to doing serious harm.
We know for a fact that the USA is prepared to stoop to the most despicable, double-dealing, lying, hypocritical depths to promote its interests. In my case, if I'm with a shy noob to the scene, I dont mind shutting the curtains, dimming the lights, double locking the door so nobody that has keys can walk in on us inflagrante delicto, but the USA is no blushing virgin. It is the horrendous pervert that needs to be seen in order to be stopped.

Oh, & just like every other example of centralised imperialism ever to tarnish the history of humanity, by hook or by crook, no matter how long it takes, the USA is going down. Why? B/c its human instinct to resist tyranny without facing undue risk, but each chip off the block counts in the end.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

People keep saying that the leak contains nothing worth while.
BUT only about 300 of the 250,000 files have been released so how can people make that claim?

It's almost as if vast swathes of the population have just looked on the news and in the paper, seen that theres nothing about JFK or aliens and branded the whole process pointless.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
reply to post by buddhasystem

Puh-leeeze.... Saying that diplomatic communications should be public domain makes about as much sense as saying that we should do away with curtains so that neighbors can see into each other bedrooms.
Puh-leeeze... I'd like to know just what you're doing in your bedroom that you feel is so shameful that you assume that its obvious that we should accept that our neighbours shouldn't be able to see it.

Are you saying that my neighbors are entitled to that nightly show???

I'm an adult. I have a healthy libido. I have a lot of sex.

We have a lot in common.

Some of it is what many would call perverted. I just dont care; its consensual. I assume that other adults have whatever sex they enjoy. Why should I be surprised if I see them doing so? What do I care if somebody wants to watch me?

Well if you are an exhibitionist to boot, more power to you. I'm not. You should respect that, I would hope.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lightandfight

You claim that the Swedish legal system is in “deep crap” because of Wikileaks. Are you serious? What exactly do you mean? In what way has the revelation of some diplomatic cables affected the Swedish legal system? Do you really think that a prosecutor or Court of law let their work be affected by this? Well, then you have not got a clue about how the legal system works.

It can perhaps be argued that both the Swedish foreign Minister Mr. C Bildt. and Justice Minister Mrs. B. Ask. were deeply involved in the decision process of keeping the information about the secret cooperation with a foreign power away from the Government.

They didn't make these agreements with the consent nor acted officially on the behalf of the Swedish Parliament when such agreements were made with a foreign power (e.g.The USA).

That could be a criminal act against the Swedish constitution according to 19 kap 3 § brottsbalken:

Trolöshet vid förhandling med främmande makt.

Brach of faith at negotiating with foreign powers.

This is a crime for which you can be sentenced for disloyalty in negotiation with a foreign power to imprisonment for a fixed term of at least two and maximum of ten years or for life.

sv.wikipedia.org...

It's also a criminal act for Swedish politicians according to Swedish Law to allow and let a foreign power "spy" and collect intelligence on Swedish citizens on Swedish territory IF no such agreements has been made "officially" and openly through the Swedish Parliament.

According to the Wikileaks cable, both of these two or other Swedish politicians made an agreement with the US without going through nor inform the Swedish Parliament about this agreement and their treasonous act.

Incidents which now has happened in Sweden (And in Norway btw)

Illegal intelligence activities are regulated in the Swedish Law Chapter 19. § 10 Penal Code.

Förundersökning inledd om olovlig underrättelseverksamhet

2010-11-08

Tomas Lindstrand, chefsåklagare vid Åklagarkammaren för säkerhetsmål, har beslutat att inleda en förundersökning om olovlig underrättelseverksamhet. Utredningen rör amerikanska åtgärder för att skydda USA:s beskickning i Stockholm och amerikansk personal.

Syftet med förundersökningen är att; dels utreda om brott har begåtts, dels klarlägga vem eller vilka som har begått brott (om brott har begåtts).

Förundersökningen kommer att bedrivas av Säkerhetspolisen under ledning av Tomas Lindstrand, chefsåklagare vid Åklagarkammaren för säkerhetsmål.

Nu råder förundersökningssekretess i ärendet. Därför kan Säkerhetspolisen eller Tomas Lindstrand inte ge mer information för närvarande.

Bad google translation:

Trial commenced on illegal intelligence gathering

Tomas Lindstrand, chief prosecutor at the Public Prosecutor's Office for National Security, has decided to initiate an investigation of illegal intelligence . The investigation concerns the U.S. measures to protect the U.S. embassy in Stockholm and U.S. personnel.

The purpose of the preliminary investigation is that, first, investigating whether crimes were committed, and clarify who or who has committed a crime (if crime has been committed).

The preliminary investigation will be conducted by the Security Service under the direction of Tomas Lindstrand, chief prosecutor at the Public Prosecutor's Office for National Security.

Now there is confidentiality of investigations into the matter. Therefore, the Security Service or Tomas Lindstrand not give more details at present.

www.aklagare.se...

Prosecutors are reviewing the U.S. surveillance on Swedish citizens

No one - neither the government nor SAPO - knew that the suspects were photographed and registered - On Friday it emerged that the U.S. embassy has conducted covert surveillance in Sweden since 2000.

www.aftonbladet.se...

It's also equally morally corrupt and a criminal act of these Swedish politicians to sell out the information about Swedish citizens to a foreign power if no such official agreement has been made through the Swedish Parliament.

Det är enligt 13 § PuL förbjudet att behandla "känsliga personuppgifter" som avslöjar

1.etniskt ursprung,
2.politiska åsikter,
3.religiös eller filosofisk övertygelse, eller
4.medlemskap i fackförening.

Det är också förbjudet att behandla sådana personuppgifter som rör hälsa eller sexualliv.

Lagen gäller för personuppgiftsansvariga som är etablerade i Sverige. Lagen tillämpas också när den personuppgiftsansvarige är etablerad i icke-EU-land men för behandlingen av personuppgifter använder sig av utrustning som finns i Sverige. Med personuppgiftsansvarig avses den som ensam eller tillsammans med andra bestämmer ändamålen med och medlen för behandlingen av personuppgifter i enlighet med 3 § personuppgiftslagen (1998:204).

Bad google translation:

It is according to § 13 PDA forbidden to process "sensitive personal data" that reveals

1.ethnic origin,
2.political views
3.religious or philosophical beliefs, or
4.membership in a union.

It is also prohibited to process personal data concerning health or sex life.

The law also applies when the controller is established in non-EU country but for the processing of personal data makes use of equipment located in Sweden. With the personal data provided on that alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of processing of personal data in accordance with § 3 Personal Data Act (1998:204).

sv.wikipedia.org...

Which in this case could perhaps also apply since much of this illegal intelligence came from the Swedish authorities digital registries & archives and some of the illegally gathered intelligence material and covert surveillance took place on Swedish territory where the US Embassy has no right to do so because it's not legal Embassy soverign territory.

In Sweden, (as in most countries) , the legal system and government are separated. It is called “a constitutional government”. A Swedish minister does not have any powers at all to affect a court case. Period. They don’t even have the constitutional right to make decisions in their departments own field of administration with regard to administrative cases involving citizens - that is called “ministerial interference” and is explicitly forbidden in the Swedish constitution. The rule is there to PREVENT politicians bending the law against (or for) individual citizens.

Are you seriously that naive?

I have just provided to you information about these Swedish politicians involvement with the examples above

The rule is there to PREVENT politicians bending the law against (or for) individual citizens.

Yeah sure!

The preventing "rules" sounds very beautiful in a perfect world created by Voltaire - however, this "perfect world" is NOT the reality I'm afraid.

You have to be pretty naive if you believe that politicians are not interfering with the Law and the process of Law - even if it is illegal in many nation states to do so - which the recent Wikileak's cables has now proved.

According to the Wikileak's cables, a few Swedish politician ridicules gave a foreign power permission to spy on Swedish citizens :shk:

And furthermore:

The rule is there to PREVENT politicians bending the law against (or for) individual citizens.

That is not entirely correct in context with reality either since most Swedish Nämndemän (Lay judges) are appointed politically by the Swedish kommunfullmäktige (City Council)

Lay judges to the District Court are appointed by the City Council and lay to Court of Appeals, administrative law and Appeal are appointed by the county council, in all cases for a period of four years, in connection with the general election. The recruitment of lay judges is done by the political parties represented in the council, why most of the jurors are members of one party.

Lay judges are completely equal with the legally qualified judges - all have their own individual voice and all involved in all decisions that law should take. Lay judges are also entitled to attach reservations with reasons for appeal. This is different jurors from the jury members who are in many other countries, which initially often only involved in criminal cases, and then usually only take a stand on conviction, while the judge determines the sentence. However, the jury in some countries also determine penalty. In Sweden, the jury only in the freedom of the press.

Lay judges are laymen who, together with one or more legally qualified magistrate judge in court. Lay judges have in various ways contributed to the judicial function of the law, that is, the district courts and their predecessors County District and town hall dishes for hundreds of years. Nowadays, there lay also in the Court of Appeals, administrative law (former county), Appeal and the land court. Lay judges are involved, however, not the Supreme Court and the Supreme Administrative Court, and not in some special courts-market and the Labour Court.

sv.wikipedia.org...

So they SHOULD be politically neutral - but then again, this is reality, this is not Voltaire's perfect world!

But to be fair I can give you "some" credits for the judges in the Supreme Court

(And even some of them can be politically associated, but perhaps not that openly)

Judges in Sweden are commissioned, meaning that they are virtually impossible to fire. They have this protection under the Constitution. There is no way a politician/minister or even the judges own administrative boss can affect the judges salary, working hours or anything similar. Judges in Sweden are not subject to pressure from politicians – anyone who has the slightest inside knowledge about the Swedish system knows this

Again! are you really that naive?

Your claims that Swedish politicians, due to Wiki leaks, will try to affect the legal system is nothing but guess work. Uneducated guess work.

No my friend, it's not uneducated guess work - through life experience AND education I have learned that the world is NOT the perfect world and the utopia of Voltaire where everything is guided by golden rules with the impeccable rules of Law, and where politicians and judges are Incapable of sin or wrongdoing

I live in a world and a reality where even the Swedish legal system is a burlesque Molière farce of incompetence, oppression, injustice and overall corruption of human society!

In the basic scheme of the "deceiver deceived" which is currently so out in the open thanks to Wikileaks, we can now expose their malversation and study the actions of hypocrisy and corruption by these précieuses poitician ridicules and their corrupted henchmen.

And hopefully due to the leaks we can now more thoroughly observe the efficacy of their acrimonious theatrics in our legal & political systems.

Peace!

edit on 8-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

My lack of logic is your opinion your entitled to it.

I must say your crimes against spelling almost rival that of Assange!

If you are going to attack someones spelling, it would help your cause greatly if you spelled "you're" correctly.

Why would you state you think someone should be charged with something they simply cannot be charged with?

If your going to TROLL, know the difference between a spelling, and a grammar mistake.

Asking me why I would state I think someone should be charged with something they simply cannot be charged with is like asking me why would I wish for something! Get a grip Troll!

I see that you can no longer have a discussion on here without some one going over the top and insulting you, or replying totaly off-topic

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If your going to TROLL, know the difference between a spelling, and a gramar mistake.

Asking me why I would state I think someone should be charged with something they simply cannot be charged with is like asking me why would I wish for something! Get a grip Troll!

I see that you can no longer have a discussion on here without some one going over the top and insulting you, or replying totaly off-topic

Gramar is spelled "Grammar".

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think the reason that these crooked and dishonest politicians get away with their stuff is that most of the USA (world) is composed of educated people (the ones with the sheepskins) who work for mindless corporations. After years in the cages, called schools, and in these awful large organizations, no one has the guts to stand up for anything.

Give me a hard had over a PHD, anytime.

I think the hope lies in the Internet. With it, you can get schooled – not in school, and people will no longer have jobs – just contracts.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join