It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Arrested in London

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Peter Dow

You heard it here first folks. Condeleza rice, TELLING the WORLD that America cannot operate unless its lies, and its often pointlessly secret secrets, remain unchecked. No lies, no US OF A . Doesnt that make residents of that great nation sick ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

if I find out that the whole counter intelligence budget was wasted on a roomfull of people who arent actualy good at the job, then I will personaly make more problems for my own government than Osama Bin Laden, the Real IRA and Foot and Mouth disease combined
I starred your post b/c I hope you're not just talking. If you are serious, trust me, you'd best be very serious.
I was something like a "captain" in the "army" that took Margaret Thatcher down. These days I haven't the balls to do more than turn up when an extra body may help &, when push comes to shove, put my experience to use as an "NCO". Remember The Clash, "I fought the law"? Well, in my case the law didn't win, but that was only b/c I quit while I was ahead &, having suffered during previous minor skirmishes, planned how to disappear without trace afterwards (hint: its not illegal in the UK to change your name so long as doing so isn't to avoid detectection for a previous crime or to commit fraud - you dont need to apply to anyone for anything. If you say "my name is Slim Shady", legally it is. Just dont be silly & do it before you come to anyone's attention so that you can revert to your previous name thereafter.). These days there are more laws that make proper planning more difficult. You should expect therefor to have to spend months living on the largesse of friends, otherwise you'll leave a paper trail that, whilst its illegal for the state to use to track you, they definitely will. Trustworthy friends are the 2nd most important prerequisite.
The most important is dedication. Chances are you will get captured @some point. They dont need to waterboard you (& andy1033, please understand that the police dont need any bizarre tech to F you up if thats their intention), they can legally take your clothes, starve you, give you nothing but caffeinated drinks, deny you cigarettes, keep you awake & rearrest you repeatedly.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Regarding needing to know.

If an asteroid is going to strike the earth tomorrow. Yes I want to know.

I dont know where to draw the line.

I think your stepping off the edge.

If you look at any country right now you could erase the US name and enter China lets say and you could say the exact same think.

Where was I again

How about Russia. yup same thing.

Japan yes same
Brittian. Same

Go ahead and name one and I will point out corruption, drugs bribery and the what not.

It is in every state every country everywhere.

That is life people always want better and they will do almost anything tio get it.

I would not kill someone.

But if they came through my front door and threatened my family well that is another story.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I have taken the liberty of providing you with some idea of what I am getting at. Im dead serious.
Further work by the psychopaths that run our government, to destroy this nation by turning it against itself will not be tolerated, further lying by those who inhabit parliment must not be tolerated. The entire parliment must improve, and by Jesus do thier jobs PERFECTLY from now on, or there will , eventualy , be trouble.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Regarding needing to know.

If an asteroid is going to strike the earth tomorrow. Yes I want to know.

I dont know where to draw the line.

I think your stepping off the edge.

About your attitude to space, I think you should consider very carefully , that the governments of the world do not always deal with thier own citizens as if they care for them very much. You should look at that and then look at the space plane that NASA launched, about the mission of which , we know not nearly enough. Also , the US particularly are dealing with a government which freely admits that without being able to hide its lies, it cannot operate (Condaleza Rice said as much recently).

About knowing where the line must be drawn, between what we do and do not need to know about how our intelligence services operate , you say you do not know. Whats worse is you seem not to care less, which is actualy more terrifying than anything I could have heard on this board today .

You claim also , that I am stepping off the edge, however, this doesnt begin to address any of the issues I have raised, or any of the points I have made, and accurate or not , brings no new information to the table.
If you want to debate the issues, lets do it, but I didnt come here for psycho analysis, and if I wanted it, I would get it done professionaly . I know a few psychoanalysts. They are all nuts too!

If you look at any country right now you could erase the US name and enter China lets say and you could say the exact same think.

Where was I again

How about Russia. yup same thing.

Japan yes same
Brittian. Same

Go ahead and name one and I will point out corruption, drugs bribery and the what not.

It is in every state every country everywhere.

That is life people always want better and they will do almost anything tio get it.

I would not kill someone.

But if they came through my front door and threatened my family well that is another story.

Yes, agreed, all national governments are corrupt, and do not serve the people of thier nations. I think you are begining to realise the enormity of the beast before us Rocky, because you see, this must change.
At this rate, all that will be left for the free people of Earth , will be an ever more damaged population, driven all the deeper into the shadows of ignorance than ever before, more pliant , and with ever less control over thier own lives. By your example, of aparant apathy, and inaction this planets entire populus are doomed to a fate which would see them as little more than slaves, deserving of no rights, possessing no freedoms, and having as little understanding of the machinery of thier continued existance as a grain of sand has of the structure of a dune.
If this planet , is to change, and its leadership corrected in terms of thier moral ineptitudes, and that nightmarish slave pit future averted, then something has to give, and give BIG, because everything else is pushing us toward utter supplication, total submission to the list of corperate puppets that our nations call thier leaders.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Also , the US particularly are dealing with a government which freely admits that without being able to hide its lies, it cannot operate (Condaleza Rice said as much recently).

Correction, cannot function without its secrets, not lies. There is an important difference. You would be a fool to play poler if everyone could see all the cards in your hand.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

If you really think that one goes without the other, then you must lead a very sheltered life, or have way to much faith in the honesty of government. How you can trust such a dirty bunch of intellectual thugs I cannot begin to guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Brasilian president supports Julian Assange

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiCitizenZone

But I can tell you that my rights are not being curtailed in any way at the moment...

Really? Been to an airport recently? Hmmm?

As for "treason", please consult a dictionary for the definition. (Hint: Julian, rather like Barry Soetoro, is NOT a U.S. citizen....)

Now go back to the couch, turn on the TV and wait for Dancing with the Stars to come on..you'll feel much better...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

That was a bit strange to see that but good find I didnt expect that from a president

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Not just some president, president of Brasil ,big country and future big player on World affairs .Also member of BRIC (Brasil,Russia,India and China)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I didn't say that I trusted the government completely, did I? You're the one deliberately twisting the truth here. Does that make you a thug? No, you're only expressing your private opinions in a public forum, as is your right. You are also probably keeping a lot of your opinions to yourself. That is also your right, but keeping them secret does not make you a liar or thug.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I like Stefen' take on the matter...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You can use the Swedish site Flattr to donate money for Wikileaks:

www.dn.se...

The contributions are not directly to Wikileaks, because it is not a formal organization, but to a foundation in the Netherlands as a legal support activity for Wikileaks. Linus Olsson stresses that there is no one tried or even indicted in this whole story. - And what Assange is accused for here in Sweden is related to him only as a person, not Wikileaks.
Our attitude is that if someone wants to support Wikileaks with money, we'll arrange it. We should not play cops or enact our own laws.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

That is pretty much the way to say it.
Second line.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Julian was arrested because he released top secret and secret information.

Really? Care to source this? Julian is currently charged with no crime - even in Sweden. The prosecutors' office there merely wants to "ask him some questions" regarding an unsubstantiated report filed by a couple of bimbo's who later bragged about their encounters with him.

Secondly, neither WikiLeaks nor Assange have broken any U.S. laws - although a few of our more bombastic congresscritters have introduced bills to change the laws so that he (Assange) can be charged. btw - Those same witch-hunters have actually gone on record as being in favor of assassinating Assange for having embassarred the government. Inciting to murder really IS a crime here in the U.S., although no charges will ever be brought.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you are NOT allowed to spout libelous accusations without a shred of evidence or legal precedence to justify your position.

So settle into your living room with the family and surf your cable box for reruns of Dancing With the Stars. If you're lucky the banks may allow you your illusion of happiness a little while longer - before they come and take your house and everything thats in it.

In the meantime, sweet dreams......

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The entire parliment must improve, and by Jesus do thier jobs PERFECTLY from now on, or there will , eventualy , be trouble.
I think there already is trouble. Its just that governments & not many individuals are able to see it for what it is or deal with it. For most people "The Information Age" is a catchy media phrase. Some of us read William Gibson & thought "Hmmm... nevermind the cool, this bloke has got a point."
Nobody in govt truly understands that point, b/c if they did, they'd be too dangerous to the interests of those who can afford to get them elected. What is the point?
I'm not sure I should say... Oh bugger it, BDLeaks starts right here:
When a system becomes so complex that it takes way above average intelligence to understand even part of it well enough to make useful predictions as to how actions will translate into consequences, then those @the top of the pyramid cannot protect their position by the traditional means of hoarding the knowledge that equals power, b/c they have no idea what power any particular piece of knowledge actually represents.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Correction, cannot function without its secrets, not lies. There is an important difference. You would be a fool to play poler if everyone could see all the cards in your hand.

Correction...Lies is correct..
What the US and other Governments want is the ability to tell the truth in their secret cables, then lie to the public by giving totally different responses in person...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Heres my opinon. Screw capitalism, screw intelligence services, and most of all screw the enemies of wikileaks. There, fire away gentlemen.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So whats the latest with Assange. Is he out yet...whats going on? Can we please get on topic and discuss his arrest and illegal holding. And I want to know what the everyday person like me can do to help the cause. AllI see and hear are people offering their opinions and input, but I dont see any action from people. So what are you guys doing and what can I do to help Assange and Wikilieaks?

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join