It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emptiness and Nirvana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The Path of the Bodhisattva is the same as the original Christian Doctrine.

Nevertheless, something that we–especially as a note to myself–should remember is this (see post #7 in the following link):

"Often times those of us who are devoted to Master Samael's teachings find it difficult to see those that are close to us fall short in their decisions and personal preferences when regarding spiritual matters. It is as if we are eating gourmet food and it is free (sort of) for the taking, but most people still won't eat it and prefer fast food.

"We can easily work up so much love and devotion to the teachings that we don't recognize that there are egos subtley using the most beautiful and divine aspirations to solidify a type of identification (mystical pride).

"The Master said in many places that in the beginning of being exposed to the doctrine, most everyone wants to learn to control the minds of others. When I first read this, I thought it had nothing to do with me.

"There is nothing wrong with praying for someone to aspire to walk the path, so long as you ask by the Will of the Father, Universal Charity and BY THE LAW OF KARMA!

"We have to learn to respect the will of others. Teach by example and give conscious love.

"If we over expose a sapling to the rays of the sun, it will surely kill any chance of its growth.

"Matthew Thomas has repeatedly qouted the Master when he said that "we need to teach others how to think, not what to think".

edit on 9-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The Buddha, when he has his epiphany, did so only when he gave up, isn't that right? Of course, everything else could have been preparation, but the final realization came to him only at the end of all his striving and meditating. How can we seek something that is already always now, and how can we "get" anywhere, with all this searching, when surely the thing itself just is. I've been doing the same thing, don't get me wrong, being a slightly addictive personality, all-or-nothing type, but I'm beginning to see that in giving up, is where the peace is. Personally I've come to conclude that it's all about love, in the heart of hearts, and that devotion to love is the path.

I once did a seminar with a highly acclaimed Zen Roshi Master, and the guy was kind of arrogant, cold, and self absorbed. He bragged that in his mediation, all he could see or fathom was endless galaxies, as if he was the absolute Godhead, and yet the vibe he gave off, had no love, no heart, no warmth. He liked also to listen to his own voice when it achieved a very deep, godlike-sounding resonant tone - he kind of gave me the heebie jeebies to be honest. I know love when it's there in a person, and I also know that without it, we are nothing, and apart from love can accomplish nothing of any value or significance.

There seems to be something wrong with Buddhism and all this striving for "enlightenment", the way most concieve of it, that's what I'm beginning to suspect. I'm confused, or maybe I'm not..

Been also watching all the Adi Da videos on the net, and have seen some of his writings, and it's all good until he get's to the point of I am this and I am that, and I am different from you, and then once when he almost quoted Jesus, but caught himself, he then flipped his hair in a slightly flippant way, which I found disturbing. As a young man he was great, but as he got older and started taking himself ever more seriously, and losing his mirthfulness, he lost it imho.
edit on 9-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

Yes you are correct, the Buddha tried many extreme paths to reach enlightenment but it wasn't until he abandoned all his beliefs and striving's that he saw things for as they really are. That is why it is often said that when one loses everything; all his belongings, relationships, achievements, beliefs and eventually attachments to these, he in fact has potentially gained everything.

If you read Krishnamurti's teachings or even the Buddha's original teachings they speak of this very clearly, that all this striving, practicing, discipline in fact hinders ones ability to see things as they truly are. But the difference between Krishnamurti and the Buddha was that the Buddha saw the need to offer a path to follow so a layperson could be able to come to this point of actualization. Krishnamurti saw this practice as just more conditioning and attachment that was detrimental to ones ability to see things as they are, and I think the Buddha would of agreed. However, I feel the Buddha would have said that this path is only to be followed until a conventional understanding is achieved and then abandoned to go beyond it. I would agree that many Buddhists are stuck in the conventional understanding stage, they study and memorize all of the teachings and even live by the ten precepts but they never practice meditation, so they never see the importance or truth in needing to let go of these beliefs and conditioning.

Although I agree with Krishnamurti that Buddhists become too attached to their way of life and the Buddha's teachings so they never see the ultimate reality of things, that everything is empty and impermanent, I do think it is important to first grasp hold of the conventional understanding of these concepts before abandoning them, that way if one is unable to see ultimate reality or become enlightened they still have a way of life that will not cause them to spiral back into deep ignorance. Then they have a better chance, through meditation, to later on find enlightenment. But ultimately if one does not meditate it does not matter how much knowledge he knows or what practice he follows or what beliefs/Gods/faiths he adheres to, he will never see reality for what it truly is and thus he will never transcend suffering.

You might be interested in this guys youtube channel, he does a "Ask a Monk" series where he answers almost every question one might have about the Buddha's teachings and Buddhism. www.youtube.com.../u/1/hbcQFIUs-jE

I highly recommend to everyone who seeks happiness and enlightenment, no matter what faith or belief one adheres to, to study and follow the Eightfold Path of the Buddha, at least the first five precepts of a layperson and MOST IMPORTANT of all, MEDITATE! These are three simple things that do not require anything extrodinary in terms of time or effort.

PS. I do not claim myself to be a Buddhist as I do not like labels, but I do follow the Buddha's teachings and give credit where credit is due.

edit on 9-12-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Something else, a final thought..

I just got back in from visting my neighbor, who is also really my best friend too and brother of sorts, and, who happens to be, for whatever reason, somewhat mentally challenged, or "learning disabled" - well, when I was trying to lay this concept on him, about acceptance and non-judgement as the rock of joy and happiness within, operating as a functional, everlasting solution to all our problems - he interrupts me (wouldn't YOU?!) and said this:

you HAVE to be NICE to people!!! When you see someone who's suffering and hurting, you've just GOT to be NICE to them!!!

So I just smiled and said, that's very wise, and shut my mouth.

So when it comes right down to it, it's either that (Bhakti), or...

The Goddess

Sadly, although she's very appealing,..

I have to go with Bhakti and the devotional path of love, over Kundalini awakening and blowing my head off my shoulders trying to run the circuit on the kabbalistic tree of life - no offence to anyone here when I say that, if that's you're thing, go for it, but there's another, better, more natural way, imho, the way of love, a simple devoted love for neighbor as self in the name of the Lord (or your personal master if Jesus just isn't your thing for some reason or another which I cannot fathom, since this was his MIND, his action, his humorous joyful creativity, his person.

"In so far as you did it unto the least of these, you did it unto me."

You see, Bhakti is available for everyone, all the time, and is the very test of what it means to be human. It is the only thing of any importance, meaning or significance. It's the only thing that's going on, the only game in town.

And my neighbor, who cannot access any of this, and would not have the capacity to do so for the life of him, (although he is as they say, highly functional, in the degree of his mental handicap), here HE is one step ahead of me and all of us!

We cannot climb into a spiritual rocketship and blast off never to return, and why would we even want to leave when there's just so much opportunity here for the sake of love, in the face of a complete and abject failure of love!

As i've said before, there's probably a lineup from Alpha Centauri to China or even to Africa, for the priveledge of simply being born here on Earth of all places, here in this vail of tears and suffering and sorrow, since here is where the opportunity is the greatest, to really make a difference, at all levels, beginning with our no-self self, and allowing all that to dissolve in order for a novel condition to arise.

edit on 10-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

I've had enough of this thread, no more talk or typing about nirvanna for me, I have to give it up.

The Truth is very disturbing to Narcissus,the Egoself.

I gave the book The Knee of Listening to an Eastern Religion Student and he said it was too simple. I gave it to a Christian and he said it was too complicated. I gave it to a Christian Believer and he couldnt see a word on the page,literally. I gave it to someone who was born spiritual and had spontaneous visions when a child and he lost it.

So I got another copy.
D is G

I will get it and cannot wait to read it.

And btw you assumed why I couldn't or didn't want talk any more about it. In fact, if I was a mod here I'd permamently lock and sticky this thread right now, even before I myself could make another post!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

Interesting points..

I've always thought that what we call The Holy Spirit is actually the all-present Spirit (Brahman?) that penetrates every particle in existence.. the conscious Self is different, it could actually a separated piece of this Whole, nanoparticle, so small that it's practically non-existent part of this "thing".

About "sin".. I view "sin" basically as impurities. They rise from human error and stand in the way of further psychic development. So, to "sin" (a lot of these terms make me chuckle) is simply to err. I.e., sex is definitely NOT a sin. Hell, sex is healthy and sex is FUN. And I think it should be practiced naturally, mean, no holding back orgasms etc. Just let it spill, there will be more

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Kabbalistically speaking, the Sexual Energy has its root in Binah (Abba-Aima, Shiva-Shakti), and is, in the Microcosm, rooted in Yesod (related to the Lingam Sarira, Pranayama Kosha, etc.).

However, all of the forces of the Triune Logos, the Trimurti (Brahma-Sarasvati, Vishnu-Lakshimi, Shiva-Shakti), or the Trikaya (expressed as gDangs, rTsal, and Rolpa), are really inseparable, and have their root in the Ain Soph Aur, or the Solar Absolute.

Sexuailty and Consciousness are also inseparable. Don't take my word for it. If you want to experiment and awaken your Consciousness, perform with Chastity and patience, Pranayama, Prayer, Meditation, and other esoteric practices, to see if you notice an increase in your ability to be Aware and Conscious. Consciousness itself comes from the Divine, and is Divine; yet the reason we are here, is to to apply Thelema (Will-Power) in order to be Conscious of it.

Sex itself is Pure.

Yet when we expel the sexual energy from our bodies with the orgasm, we pollute ourselves.

If Man and Woman want to return to Eden, they have to work together in the Sacred Sexual Act (bachelors maintain Chastity with Pranayama), in Purity, in order to chisel the brute stone into the Perfected Stone. (see this thread).

Many people make a lot of excuses for fornicating: "I'm spiritual", "be fruitful and multiply", etc. One is free to do as one chooses, although just remember that all the ancient scriptures state, in one way or another, that the Sexual Energy is The Fuel For Spiritual Experience.

"All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven." - Matthew 12

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He said not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to your seed, which is Christ." - Galatians 3:16

"The Great Prakriti is my womb; in which I place the seed; thence, oh Bharata, is the birth of all beings! Whatever forms are produced, Oh Kountreya, in any womb whatsoever, the Prakriti (Divine Mother Kundalini) is their womb and I am the seed-giving father (Christ)." - Bhagavad-Gita 14:4

In Buddhism, the Seed is Thigle, Bodhicitta, or Jasmine Flower Drops. The root of Compassion is Bodhichitta.

"About mind:

"Identify the conditioned mind with seed-essence itself; if seed-essence is lost in actuality the karma of slaying a Buddha is incurred; at all costs gain self-control."

- Yeshe Tsogyal

All of this is stated in scriptures, not to "control people with fear". Fear is egotistical and needs to be eliminated.

"Fear is the worst enemy of Pistis Sophia.

"Men kill each other because of fear. Nations arm themselves and go to war because of fear. We mistrust people because of fear. Espionage and perversity exist because of fear. There exists thieves and prostitutes because of the fear of life. The aspirants flee and part from the real Path because of fear. Frontiers, documents and restrictions of all types, which interrupt the journeys of people, are due to fear. Fear is the cause of thousands of personal and collective conflicts."

- Samael Aun Weor, The Pistis Sophia Unveiled

However, Pechad, usually translated as fear, refers to having a sense of urgency tempered with caution.

Pechad: Fear

"On each side of the pentagram, at the level of the waist, two Hebrew words are written. On the left is written pechad (פחד), which means fear. Pechad is related with the left column of the Tree of Life, with Geburah, justice. Pechad means that you have to fear the laws, that is, to fear Geburah, the justice of God.

"It does not mean that you have to be afraid of God.

"It means that you have to comprehend those laws and apply them, and to be afraid of not performing them, because if you do not perform them, you do not Self-realize yourself, you do not acquire that microcosmic star within you. Thus, pechad is that kind of fear."

"This is why pechad (פחד) is close to the sexual organs, to the omega. When you are performing transmutation, you are afraid, cautious, of not losing the sexual force that you evoked and placed in your sexual organs. Usually, people lose that force, and it is because they are not interested in (Dagaz) the transformation of their psyche, or the acquisition of the realization of their Inner Being within themselves. Only those who want to Self-realize their Inner Being are interested in the transmutation of that fire that descends into the sexual organs."

edit on 10-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Well, whatever the case (I really must look more into these terms, can't remember most of them), as much as I respect my bro' Samael Aun Weor, he tends to paint a really bleak image about the human evolution. There are several passages in his texts that I don't completely agree with. Also, there's quotes like in some of the links you posted. This one's from The Zohar:

We learned that is it prohibited for a man to look at the beauty of a woman to prevent him from acquiring bad thoughts and being torn into another thing, meaning that a drop of semen will be torn from him in vain.

I think the key issue is not to give in to the "lower" desires, means lust. To my experience, that drops the vibrational frequency of the individual and slows down the rise of the resonance that (to my experience) is the nature of higher states. Theres nothing really wrong about that, it's like tumbling down the stairs and having to start all over.

In more earthly terms, the idea that one should shut his/her eyes from the surrounding stimulations (sexy women/men) sounds quite absurd to me. Also, recent studies has shown that orgasm is actually HEALTHY and that holding back fornication messes up the nervous system. It's simply not natural. And that's what it feels like..

I actually represent the school of though that one should experience with sex, do whatever he/she feels like sexually. That leads to healthy development of the sexual identity, which leads to more healthy individual. Holding back (and being embarrassed of) your sexual desires/nature has caused a lot of problems.

Many things in sexual development are just phases. Avoiding them could (and usually does) just lead to anxiety.

Oh yeah, OT: I think that a lot the esoteric thinking should update itself to the current Space Age that currently starting. After all, it will be the future, since cutting-edge science is starting to reveal the secrets that is connecting this stuff and hard science. It really is "Synthesis of Science & Religion".
edit on 10/12/2010 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
In more earthly terms, the idea that one should shut his/her eyes from the surrounding stimulations (sexy women/men) sounds quite absurd to me. Also, recent studies has shown that orgasm is actually HEALTHY and that holding back fornication messes up the nervous system. It's simply not natural. And that's what it feels like.

Scriptures are said to have a seven-fold meaning, or Seven Keys, as written by H.P. Blavatsky.

Also, various minds interpret scriptures according to the level of Being they have within their Psyche (one's personality can be represented by a horizontal line, and one's level of Being (Jacob's Latter) can be represented by a vertical line. Where the two lines intersect, is where we find ourselves in each moment). Some Buddha Natures, or Essences, are more awake than others.

So in regard to that specific quote from the Zohar, said quote refers mostly, it seems, to those who are more or less beginners on the Path.

One who is much further along the Path–who has eliminated a lot of their egos of lust from their Psyche–can look at an attractive person and admire their aesthetic beauty without lust. It would be wise however for the rest of us to follow the advice of the Zohar (the Ninth Commandment: Matthew 5:27-28), and not feed our lust with the excuse of "admiring beauty".

Is it possible for a beginner on the Path to admire the opposite sex without lust? I would say yes. But we have to be honest with ourselves.

Originally posted by Tryptych
I actually represent the school of though that one should experience with sex, do whatever he/she feels like sexually. That leads to healthy development of the sexual identity, which leads to more healthy individual. Holding back (and being embarrassed of) your sexual desires/nature has caused a lot of problems.

Many things in sexual development are just phases. Avoiding them could (and usually does) just lead to anxiety.

Anxiety comes only when we are fence-sitters. We either do it or we don't. We can choose Black Tantra, or we can choose White Tantra and stick to it at all costs and without wavering.

A synonym for Mahasandhi or Dzogchen, the Highest vehicle of Buddhism, is Lhod-pa Chen-po (The Great Relaxation).

"There are two capital things in our Gnostic studies:

"First, to remember ourselves, that is to say, to remember our own Being and second, the relaxation of the body.

"To remember oneself and to relax the body is something that we have to do constantly."

- Samael Aun Weor

I think the key issue is not to give in to the "lower" desires, means lust. To my experience, that drops the vibrational frequency of the individual and slows down the rise of the resonance that (to my experience) is the nature of higher states. Theres nothing really wrong about that, it's like tumbling down the stairs and having to start all over.

"Those who sometimes observe chastity and occasionally fornicate practice Grey Tantra:

"They do not achieve anything in these studies. Grey Tantra was symbolized in Greek mythology by Sisyphus, who after struggling intensely to raise the boulder of sex upon a hill, would subsequently drop it down to the bottom again. If you want to raise the sexual energy of Yesod to the mount of your skull, you must never drop it. To do so is to lose all your previous work."

"Exactly. If, as Sisyphus, you throw the stone to the bottom of the hill, you wil lose everything.

"But if, on your way up to the Mount of the Skull (Golgotha) you slip and lose your footing, you will be set back to a minor degree. All of this has to do with the amount of energy and intention you place behind your actions. As Samael Aun Weor wrote, "Wherever we direct attention we expend creative energy." This axiom is essential to the Alchemical science."

We also accumulate more Kamaduro and/or Karmasaya each time we throw the philosophical stone.

Originally posted by TryptychOh yeah, OT: I think that a lot the esoteric thinking should update itself to the current Space Age that currently starting. After all, it will be the future, since cutting-edge science is starting to reveal the secrets that is connecting this stuff and hard science. It really is "Synthesis of Science & Religion".

Science in service of the ego is the "science" of the Antichrist.

Science in service of the guidance of the Being, is beneficial for Humanity.

The original Esoteric Essence of the Ancient Scriptures is Gnosis, which is not subject to "time".

What a lot of these so-called "scientists" (technicians rather) are doing, is destroying our planet.

A teaching about:

The "science" of the Antichrist

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

A lot of good stuff there..

IMO, depending on your nature, one may feel the need to explore darker sides of the psyche, just to usually discover that it's not really taking anywhere. "Lower" (or let's say, different) emotional states only lead to suffering. That's probably why there is so little people practicing real "black" magic. The more you study these things, the more your awareness grows.. and you realize that it's self-destructive. And the path to "whatever-we-call-it" is actually very logical one (in fact, it's may be pure logic).

Well said about science. We need to check our motives first. "Ego" has been threw around a lot lately
.. I think people should just focus on the subject, not mental masturbation. I guess the problem is actually excessive egoism, not "ego" itself, and filling the spiritual void with it.

I think that a lot of people people are (in a way) perfect just the way they are. There's (IMO of course) no point demonizing science, I think it may be closer to the actual "illumination" than exoteric religious practices, since people take it too literally.

I.e. a lot of scientists are now warning us about global warming (man made or not). That's important, because these people are professionals and have real credibility - at least among the people who choose reality instead of fantasy. So, in that light, religious fanaticism is WAY more dangerous environmentally than science.
edit on 10/12/2010 by Tryptych because: typos & spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think that people and their motives are often misinterpreted and misunderstood, and also, that once you "get" it, the understanding, there is very little more to talk about, or to try to achieve or realize through any "practice", where such continued striving, or reaching for, or knowing more of in intellectual terms, is almost insulting to the spirit of truth, as if brushing it aside and saying, no I want MORE of this or that - that's egoism, which only reveals a lack of gnosis, and not the understanding that liberates and frees a person to freely love and to be freely and fully self expressed. It would also be rather nice to be able fully share with others in an open minded space, and not be jumped on or condemned, with arrows to the side, which is even worse than being misunderstood for one's own unbridled unthusiasm, it's heartbreaking, and brings further sympathetic connection to the passion of Jesus of Nazareth.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

In the context of what I've quoted and posted in this thread, I agree with everything you've written there.

The reason why it is said "in the context of what I've quoted and posted in this thread" is because according to the Gnostic tradition, Krishnamurti is a genuine Bodhisattva; yet he did not deliver the complete message, due to certain psychological traumas that were inflicted upon him by well-intentioned members of the Theosophical Society.

If we consider that Buddhism is "divided" (for lack of a better term) into Nine Vehicles (see my posts on page one of this thread), Krishnamurti seems to have taught aspects of the First, Second, Third, and Ninth Vehicles of Buddhism; but not the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Vehicles.

The Nine Yanas are:

Shravakayana, Pratyekayana, Bodhisattva, Kriyayoga, Charyayoga–Upayoga–Upayayoga, Yoga-Tantra, Mahayoga, Anuyoga, Atiyoga (Atiyoga being known as Mahasandhi, Dzogchen, or Thigle-Chenpo)

These said Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Vehicles (Tantrayana) of Buddhism contain crucial tools, that are very useful for understanding our Being, and also for understanding how our egos work (the egos are very tricky and sly).

If we think that we can comprehend all of our conflicting desires and beliefs (kleshas or klesas and klishtas or klistas) or egos (for they are a legion, not just one) without Chaste Sexual Transmutation, then we ought to examine why we think this.

Genuine Meditation is the Heart of the Doctrine; yet proper Transmutation is the Foundation for deep Meditation.

Tantrayana teaches that lust is extreme, and that sexual suppression is also extreme.

Transmutation, Alchemy (Tantra), is the Middle Way.

The above is why I suggested the books by Samael Aun Weor in your Gold Mind thread. The chapter from one of the said books, on The Krishnamurti Case, can be found in its entirety HERE, if you're interested.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

"Religious" fanaticism and atheistic materialism are two sides of the same ignorant coin.

As was implied about science, some technicians are ego-driven and therefore–despite their sharp intellect and astounding technical skill–they produce destructive technology.

Some scientists are of a more elevated level of Being, and therefore they produce technology–without causing destruction and pollution–that is very useful for humans.

Let us also remember, to paraphrase Samael Aun Weor, that there is always a little bit of evil in that which is good, and a little bit of good in that which is evil.

To be more precise about the term "ego", Samael Aun Weor utilizes the term ego in the same way that Gurdjieff did; and also in the same way that Buddhists utilize the terms "klesha" and "klishta" in relation to the Samskaras and Skandhas, to refer to egos. The White Lodge Adept–known as Rudolf Steiner–utilized the term "Ego" in a different manner.

About Black Magicians, it is said that all of us are more or less black magicians so long as we have ego. But the average person is an asleep "black magician"; whereas certain other people are consciously working with Black Magic and are awakening negatively through it, even though they almost always think that what they are doing is not wrong.

It is taught that, as Aspirants of White Magic, we must always consider others to be Buddhas, no matter who they are; and we must consider our own ego-infected personalities to be worthless compared to our Inner-Being.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Almost all of us–including myself–are guilty of over intellectualizing the teachings at times, no doubt.

Our minds and hearts often have a difficult time balancing Intellectual Culture with the Heart Doctrine. However, if we Awaken here and now, by self-observing and Self-Remembering, we can resolve this problem with the help of our Being.

Having said this, I think I've said about enough here for right now.

We have to be very careful when navigating the internet, because the internet is a zoo. And many people who post on forums–including myself–can seem to be Awakened Conscious Human Beings, even though they are still deeply trapped in the animal mind.

Here is a story and a teaching related to this.

"The "I" is in reference to the ego. Kether, however is not the ego.

"Yes we all need to have our semantics straight: within these forums, the "I" is the ego, the psychological aggreates, Legion.... As it is stated within the book of Samael Aun Weor.

"While it is nice to think, "we are kether. now." It is another thing to be conscious within the sphere of Kether. Of course we are Kether, we are the Microcosmos. To "become" Kether (whatever that means) that is not the agenda. The agenda is to become conscious within Kether.

"That is more than saying, "I am one with God. I am enlightened." I hear that type of talk a lot when I talk to people over the internet about New Age topics. Obviously, ths is because the ego likes to believe it is God. Nevertheless, it is wrong to say "we are kether" without a full qualification of what that means, for it implies that a theoretical application will make what was previously not real, to become real. That of course does not work. If it did, we would all be enlightened and Earth would be a physical paradise.

"Yes one Kether is another Malkuth upon the Four Worlds, but we are speaking about Kether of Atziluth, as the synthetic Tree of Life uses that as its Kether.

"I asked someone who said they were enlightened how many atoms composed the computer he was typing at. He responded to me making a comment that knowing the number of atoms has nothing to do with enlightenment. Obviously, that man was not enlightened, and became very agitated about that fact.

"If we were conscious within Kether, then, we would be within the Logos (Multiple Unity), and we would not be having this conversation because we would already be conscious of each others experiences."

Gnostic Radio lecture: The Heart Doctrine

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Well, you have taught us from that website, that making a baby, or worse, getting off on porn, is sufficient to send a man into the 7 realms of hell.

no worries.. it's all good.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Amazing, your posts are highly illuminating.. check this out:

Now bend thy head and listen well, O Bodhisattva -- Compassion speaks and saith: "Can there be bliss when all that lives must suffer? Shalt thou be saved and hear the whole world cry?"

Now thou hast heard that which was said. Thou shalt attain the seventh step and cross the gate of final knowledge but only to wed woe -- if thou would'st be Tathagata, follow upon thy predecessor's steps, remain unselfish till the endless end. Thou art enlightened -- Choose thy way.

Since I don't really believe in some kind of final "illumination" in that way (I think we're on an eternal path, we know nothing).. I think that some form of stillness of mind (?) can be achieved.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Please do not take things out of context.

Nowhere in this thread, nor in any website that I've linked, was it said, or even implied, that it is not right to produce children. This is explained HERE.

Pornography is very damaging to the psyche. Although whatever anyone wants to do, is their choice.

The teachings about the Nine Klipoth spheres of hell comes from the ancient Kabbalistic doctrine; and every religion, including 'Paganism' and Christianity, has its teachings about the hell-realms or Klipoth spheres.

For more on this, one could study the world's religions and the writings of the Christian Kabbalist Dante Alighieri.

Again, hell is not a place that one has to stay in forever for not having blind faith. It is temporary. The absurd doctrine which states that one could go to hell forever, was fabricated by the Roman Catholic church.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Question: How much sorrow can the joy of realization bear..?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Question: How much sorrow can the joy of realization bear..?

As much as it has to. I suppose. Nobody promised a rose garden. I infact remember much discouragement along the way.

Funny thing, that I find, is that sometimes it is the pain of 'suffering'/living that reminds me how truly alive I am. I feel therefore I am.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2010 by Tamahu because: double post

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join