It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
..... China can and will attack Taiwan... even if the U.S would have all its power there
China would still be able to take em down

i think you underestimate the US Military because they have been pulling punches in Iraq for China the US wont pull any punches agianst China to the point of places a draft and ww2 like propaganda blitz, it will be ugly. Here is to it never ever happening and that includes a cold war.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
... i am not underestimateing the U.S army its just that Russia might help China and if that happens then i dont think that the U.S will have a chance

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
there is a difference between selling weapons and bieng allies that come to help you when attacked

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

... i am not underestimateing the U.S army its just that Russia might help China and if that happens then i dont think that the U.S will have a chance

In a conventional war, the US could with say the Brits AusT, and Japanese could take on both esp in a one front war. 2 fronts and its a bit dicey.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
.... i was thalking about the U.S vs Russia and China... but if Japan and the British would help then the U.S will win

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Russians would sell anyone their stuff because they need the money and their not going to be using any of their copious left over military hardware anytime soon. There's absolutely nothing there that would lead us to believe Russia would side with China in a NATO v China or USA v China war.

Indact, I would think they would almost 100% stay neutral.

[edit on 6/30/2005 by Wiley_Wonka]

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
u think that they will stay natural cuz they are poor??? i think that they are going to try and sell anything to any1 b4 the war starts

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's not because they're poor, because Russia really isn't. It just has some issues to deal with before they can get a stable economy. The reason I don't think they'll get involved is they have no reason to have their troops killed in a war that they have no vested interests in. The only thing I can see is if China invades Siberia for oil or something, which I would hope would not happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiley_Wonka
Russians would sell anyone their stuff because they need the money and their not going to be using any of their copious left over military hardware anytime soon. There's absolutely nothing there that would lead us to believe Russia would side with China in a NATO v China or USA v China war.

Indact, I would think they would almost 100% stay neutral.

my point exactly. Could'nt have said it better

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiley_Wonka
It's not because they're poor, because Russia really isn't. It just has some issues to deal with before they can get a stable economy. The reason I don't think they'll get involved is they have no reason to have their troops killed in a war that they have no vested interests in. The only thing I can see is if China invades Siberia for oil or something, which I would hope would not happen.

china and russia both have the same goal....to stop american power

Russia, China to Start Full-Scale Military Maneuver

Moscow, Jun 30 (Prensa Latina) The Defense Ministry confirmed Thursday that Russian and Chinese officers will carry out in August the first full-scale military maneuver "Friendship 2005."

According to the ministry´s spokespeople, before the drills, both governments will sign an agreement on the statute of their respective armed forces, which were analyzed during a visit by Russian Defense Minister Serguei Ivanov to Beijing in December.

Russia will be represented by 3,000 members of the Air Force, Airborne Troops and the Navy, while China will send some 5,000 soldiers and officials.

The announcement of the military exercise coincided with Chinese President Hu Jintao´s arrival in Moscow today.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

... China maybe... but Russia... nah the U.S and Russia are friends they wont do anything for eachother but they are friends... well they are allies

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

... China maybe... but Russia... nah the U.S and Russia are friends they wont do anything for eachother but they are friends... well they are allies

russia and america are nothing like friends.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
... well they dont hate eachother.... they are not friends but they are not enemies...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

... well they dont hate eachother.... they are not friends but they are not enemies...

not really. russia votes againest nearly everything america trys in the UN..

russia and china normally vote the same in the UN..(normally againest america)..

thats why i said russia and china both have the same opinion/view

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
lol
hope that there wont be another cold war... cuz im in the U.S and it wont be good for me...
-
is there any way that Taiwan can keep China out for... lets say a week???

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This thread is still going? It just wont die!

All I have to say is big stationary front wars it what the US specializes is, we don't like the car bombs or civilian dressed troops with no front lines. But nice juicy stationary targets where we know where everything is, we love those.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
But nice juicy stationary targets where we know where everything is, we love those.

Guess who just built the worlds biggest stationary target? Yep China. The THree Gorges Dam is just such a beast. Crack that puppy open and you will release a massive amount of water, take out several large cities and destroy a huge chunk of prime farmland.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Taiwan said they'd target it if China doesn't get rid of those missles.

I think they should.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

I think they should.

that would break the teeth of the dragon, its going to get shut down if there is war, the US would use its most power weapons or ones we have only heard rumors about to do the job. I am sure the US is designing or already have something to take out that dam.

Russia? Well, if China attacks Siberia then its Russia, US, AUS UK, Japan, India South Korea Nato.

If Russia sides with China then its EU, Nato, Uk, US, AUS, Japan, South Korea...etc

Either way its ugly, it seems that the chinese posts want to go to war a war that will drain everyone envolved maybe the end of the super powers. China needs to chill and slow down but might be too late the arms race has already started.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

I think they should.

That would be tough for the Taiwanese to hit though. I was thinking about B-2's staged out of Anderson AFB or Diego Garcia armend with bunker busters. No doubt the site will be armed to the teeth I doubt the Taiwanese AF has the right bombs, nor the combat strength to fight its way through and it would be a suicide mission at best. But a B-2 would be a differnet story esp. if China was already in a shooting war with Taiwan

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join