It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Char2c35t,
Vietnam?

I doubt it China would lose everything and the CCP would be history. Why risk anything when they are getting what they want w/ threats.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why China plans to invade Taiwan? "b/c Taiwan has WMD","b/c Taiwan doesn't stand as China Stands" ...If ChiCom is clever enough to use such excuses, the american won't object it.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
1) China lacks the amphibious capacity to move enough troops over

It takes time to build, but we have the capability, resouces and patience to build whatever needed, do we?

2) Any attempt to airlift in the necessary equipment/troops would in all likelyhood be decimated by Taiwans Pac 2's and thier AF.

That's all right. We could sacrifice all the cities of east of Xi'an, who cares about casualties? How many Pac2's do they have? 2000? One offsets one aircraft, all right? Not to mention how well they would perform after the first wave of our missles.

3) For all thier thugary, the ChiCom leadership seems to understand that in order to take over Taiwan they would in essence have to burn it down. If they are persuing a scorched earth policy, then there may not be much the US or Taiwan can do to stop them. However, I think they want and need to keep Taiwan viable for thier own economy. Can you imagine the efficiency of slave labor coupled to the quality controll and moderinzation that Taiwan posseses?????

Why did Japan launch attack against US knowing they had very slight chance of winning?
They were pushed by US to the corner without the supply of natural resources for their ecnomical development.
It's not China who wants a war. The priority of China is to become a developed country which is inevitably equivelent to the emergence of another superpower and is something the Americans fear to see happen. Preventing China to be powerful enough to challenge US is the policy of US no matter what China does. Taiwan is just one link of the whole chain US interwound to enclose China. There will be a war over taiwan unless US accepts the reality that China is to be a player on a par with it.

4) The US would not stand by and allow Taiwan to be taken by conventional means. Aside from being a great customer from our planes and weapons systems we also benifit from an economic/industrial standpoint.

We didn't flinch 50 years ago in Korea. Think about the relative strength between US and China then and now. Will we flinch this time? I don't think so.

5) China can sabre rattle all they want, but can they affort to piss off thier most important trading partner the US?

Isn't China an important trading partner of US too? Can they afford to piss off China over Taiwan? We'll see.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by bitterweb]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by star_dust
Why China plans to invade Taiwan? "b/c Taiwan has WMD","b/c Taiwan doesn't stand as China Stands" ...If ChiCom is clever enough to use such excuses, the american won't object it.

Very good point

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"Why did Japan launched attack against US knowing they had very slight chance of winning?
They were pushed by US to the corner without the supply of natural resources for their ecnomical development. "

They were santioned by US for their reign of terror. Who taught you history ? So they couldn't buy our scrap iron. They should have thought of that beforehand.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
"That's all right. We could sacrifice all the cities of east of Xi'an, who cares about casualties? "

Why don't you just blow yourselves up now and save us the trouble . Who needs your China? you think China is a big asset, not many do. More like a pain in the backside. Ugly China.

[edit on 7/19/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Why don't you just blow yourselves up now and save us the trouble . Who needs your China? you think China is a big asset, not many do. More like a pain in the backside. Ugly China.
[edit on 7/19/2005 by bodebliss]

If I'm so desperate as to blow myself up. At least I'll take you together.
Who wants you to need China. Mind your own business, don't bother others and no one will bother you.
Who gives a sh*t on what you think about China?
We'll be a pain for you for sometime, don't worry about it because there is nothing you can do.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
all the us needs to do is pull out all the money and ban all goodies made in china the us can get them else where.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t
all the us needs to do is pull out all the money and ban all goodies made in china the us can get them else where.

Exactly, Then China will collapse and the CCP will be pulled down.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t

We couldn't care less of trading with US in terms of reuniting Taiwan.

And who needs US? You guys just think China needs US more than US needs China. Keep dreaming because that's not a bad thing for us.

Why do we need to trade with US? Definitely we are not getting high tech from you. So what the hell do we buy? Your GM food, your mad cow, your movies, your games, your liners? Do we have to buy those stuff from you? I don't think so. Why are we still trading? Maybe for your green bucks.

But who needs your depreciated and useless US dollars? Do your government ever want to honor the overprinted papers? I doubt. Otherwise, wait for us to buy out your US assets.

I and most Chinese don't give a sh*t to CCP either. When it comes to Taiwan, it's the interest of the whole Chinese, nothing to do with the red or black, old or new communism. So why do we care if CCP collapses or not?

Yes, you American mass always think anybody in China against your democracy and foreign policy is a pro-CCP, again keeping dreaming.

[edit on 20-7-2005 by bitterweb]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
umm.. I have only one thing to say.. china shouldn't invade taiwan... the US won't sit and watch..

If it happens..well then ANYTHING can happen..

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
umm.. I have only one thing to say.. china shouldn't invade taiwan... the US won't sit and watch..

If you americans don't mind destroying the world for the sake of Taiwan, why should we. Let anything happen then.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"china shouldn't invade Taiwan"

What china is doing is using nationalistic fervor for cohesion. They are not so much a country per se, as they are a collection of regions that might very well break into 5 parts w/o the CCP bullwhip lording over them.

The CCP uses Taiwan, the U.S. and Japan as a focus point to keep the internal anger that would topple their dictatorship down to a managable level.

Taiwan has never been a part of CCP china and for CCP china to claim Taiwn they would have to claim the right of emporers of the past. This is something that they deny.

None of the prior emporers of china controlled all of todays china at the same time. This is the "Big Lie" the CCP tell it's "citizens(slaves)" today.

What the CCP needs to do is ask the people what they want. I'm sure they'd say they want the current dictators to abdicate.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitterweb

Originally posted by Daedalus3

If you americans don't mind destroying the world for the sake of Taiwan, why should we. Let anything happen then.

"You americans?"

(I think he's Indian)

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
bitterweb:
bold = my responds

It takes time to build, but we have the capability, resouces and patience to build whatever needed, do we?

Indeed, this is one advange china has, they can wait.

That's all right. We could sacrifice all the cities of east of Xi'an, who cares about casualties? How many Pac2's do they have? 2000? One offsets one aircraft, all right? Not to mention how well they would perform after the first wave of our missles.

Wow, rather Sacrifice all the cities of east of Xi'an just to take a small island back?I don't think it would be worth it. and i wonder what will the chinese people in cities of east of Xi'an would think knowing that they are expendable, the Pac2's would cause a good amount of damage to chinese airforce to slow them down a bit

Why did Japan launch attack against US knowing they had very slight chance of winning?
They were pushed by US to the corner without the supply of natural resources for their ecnomical development.
It's not China who wants a war. The priority of China is to become a developed country which is inevitably equivelent to the emergence of another superpower and is something the Americans fear to see happen. Preventing China to be powerful enough to challenge US is the policy of US no matter what China does. Taiwan is just one link of the whole chain US interwound to enclose China. There will be a war over taiwan unless US accepts the reality that China is to be a player on a par with it.

US put santions on Japan after Japan join Nazi Germany. Thats why they ran out of resources. China doesn't seem very peaceful for saying nuking US, and making a million threats to taiwan. It would take china a while to become a superpower, it's becoming one, but there are other countries that try to become a superpower too, like India and Brazia.

We didn't flinch 50 years ago in Korea. Think about the relative strength between US and China then and now. Will we flinch this time? I don't think so.

Sad that china Sacrifice almost 1 million men just to protect north Korea

Isn't China an important trading partner of US too? Can they afford to piss off China over Taiwan? We'll see.

You got that one right, money talks

If I'm so desperate as to blow myself up. At least I'll take you together.
Who wants you to need China. Mind your own business, don't bother others and no one will bother you.
Who gives a sh*t on what you think about China?
We'll be a pain for you for sometime, don't worry about it because there is nothing you can do.

here comes another cold war.

We couldn't care less of trading with US in terms of reuniting Taiwan.

And who needs US? You guys just think China needs US more than US needs China. Keep dreaming because that's not a bad thing for us.

Why do we need to trade with US? Definitely we are not getting high tech from you. So what the hell do we buy? Your GM food, your mad cow, your movies, your games, your liners? Do we have to buy those stuff from you? I don't think so. Why are we still trading? Maybe for your green bucks.

But who needs your depreciated and useless US dollars? Do your government ever want to honor the overprinted papers? I doubt. Otherwise, wait for us to buy out your US assets.

I and most Chinese don't give a sh*t to CCP either. When it comes to Taiwan, it's the interest of the whole Chinese, nothing to do with the red or black, old or new communism. So why do we care if CCP collapses or not?

Yes, you American mass always think anybody in China against your democracy and foreign policy is a pro-CCP, again keeping dreaming.

funny, taiwan break off from china 50 years ago, and now china said taiwan belongs to china, well i guess all the old soviet states should be back to the soviets now.

why would you Sacrifice everything to get a small island back? + Taiwan is an allie of the US, and the US don't like people to mess with it's allies.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
America has no interest in destroying the world for Taiwan. That kinda defeats the purpose of saving Taiwan, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Actually, we'd like to see Taiwan and China get along, under Taiwan's terms.

China becomes a democracy.

Wen and Hu beheaded.

etc

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Don't confuse single party vs. multi party with authoritarianism vs. democracy

In democracy the citizens are supposed to have a say in the decision making process of the government in most if not all issues that it faces. In that aspect, China isn't that much different from many other "democratic" countries. The US government doesn't let citizens vote on issues they face does it? Did it seek the people's permission before going to war with Iraq?

What is different between China and some "democratic" country is that while others are two-party or multi-party, China is single-party.

This doesn't make too much of a difference, however. In single party, the party needs to make lies to stay in power. In multi-party, the parties need to make lies and make other parties look bad in order to stay in power, and the party with more funds to make propaganda has better chance of winning.

Multi-parties also have many inconveniences and flaws during election. For example, here in Canada, Liberals and PC are most popular while a third party NDP has small popularity (and some other tiny parties doesn't matter). If I want to vote for NDP (left wing), I end up helping PC (right wing) by hurting the Liberals (centre wing). wtf is this!

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
US put santions on Japan after Japan join Nazi Germany. Thats why they ran out of resources. China doesn't seem very peaceful for saying nuking US, and making a million threats to taiwan. It would take china a while to become a superpower, it's becoming one, but there are other countries that try to become a superpower too, like India and Brazia.

no they didn't. they put sanctions on japan after they indo-china/vietnam cambodia and laos.

japan had resources to build and all that. but they needed resources for the illegal war in china. because at the time the chinese frought japan to a satlemate. and the evil japanese wanted resources

what countries dont make threats. i can name many times the US has threaten to nuke china.

Sad that china Sacrifice almost 1 million men just to protect north Korea

no they didn't 500,000 casulties. KIA missing/captured and wounded.

they didn't do it to protect north korea they did it to protect north china.

funny, taiwan break off from china 50 years ago, and now china said taiwan belongs to china, well i guess all the old soviet states should be back to the soviets now.

no. it was a civil war. up till 1996.taiwan claimed mainland china. now is this double standards.?

the chinese nationlist party got overthrone by the chinese people. they choose to go the communist way. many soliders deserted or surrender to the communist to become soldiers for them.

why would you Sacrifice everything to get a small island back? + Taiwan is an allie of the US, and the US don't like people to mess with it's allies.

why would the US sacrifice everything to help taiwan.

do they even have deplotmatic relations. like a embassy of some sort

[edit on 23-7-2005 by chinawhite]

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join