It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The Taiwanese are working on cruise missles for that w/ the help of U.S. technology. I remember Rumsfield talking about ground effect nukes or tactical nukes to shake structures apart or destroy deep bunker complexes.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
The Taiwanese are working on cruise missles for that w/ the help of U.S. technology. I remember Rumsfield talking about ground effect nukes or tactical nukes to shake structures apart or destroy deep bunker complexes.

can you post link on this.

the taiwanese just built a anti-ship missile now working and crusie missiles.?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Sure, ChinaWhite.

Here ya go:

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

AFP , BEIJING
Sunday, Jul 17, 2005,Page 2
China refused yesterday to retract statements made by one of its generals that it would use nuclear weapons against American cities if the US military intervened if the People's Liberation Army (PLA) was to invade Taiwan. The comments came amid a flurry of criticism from Washington and Taipei on Friday.

But Beijing insisted that it would resolutely seek to resolve the "Taiwan question" in a peaceful manner.

"We will never tolerate Taiwan independence, neither will we allow anybody to separate Taiwan from the motherland," a Chinese foreign ministry spokesman said.

"We hope the United States will fulfill its commitments [on Taiwan] with concrete actions and join efforts with China to maintain the peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait," he said.

The spokesman was commenting on statements made this week by Major General Zhu Chenghu (朱成虎), dean of China's National Defense University, who said China could launch a nuclear attack on "hundreds" of US cities if Washington interfered militarily in the dispute over Taiwan's status.

"If the Americans draw their missiles and position-guided ammunition on to the target zone on China's territory, I think we will have to respond with nuclear weapons," Zhu said. "If the Americans are determined to interfere [then] we will be determined to respond."

China's foreign ministry spokesman said that Zhu's comments reflected his personal views, but refused to clarify whether such views also represented the position of the government.

"My statement is clear, how you interpreted it is up to you," Zhu added.

"We firmly believe it is in the interests of both China and the United States, as well as in the interests of the peace, stability and development of the Asia Pacific region and the whole world, to oppose Taiwan independence and maintain peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait," he said.

"We will firmly abide by the principles of peaceful reunification and `one country two systems' and we will express the deepest sincerity and exert the greatest efforts to realize peaceful reunification," the spokesman said.

In other developments, the commander of the Guangdong Military District of the PLA, Liu Zhenwu, departed China yesterday at the head of a six-member delegation for a visit to the US at the invitation of the US Pacific Command, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
origin
link 2
link 3
link 4

Put their foot in the bear trap again

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Can Taiwan Invade China?

With the correct weaponary..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
yeah , but can they survive the end of their economy, the end of east china, and the end of the ccp.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Can Taiwan Invade China?
With the correct weaponary..
Dallas

Deep..........

Can Taiwan defend itself from a Chinese comunist invasion? If the US brings the right weaponry

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Readers might look askance at Zhu's remarks about "losing all cities east of Xian," which sounds more like Doctor Strangelove's General Ripper than sober strategic analysis. Let us not even speculate how people in those cities might feel about being expendable, since the views of the Chinese people are unimportant in Beijing's calculations. Let us just note that this kind of irresponsibility at this level is exactly the attitude that will lead to war. It is simply another part of the primitive psychopathology of the Chinese; they have yet to enter the modern world. Like medieval princelings, they think war is glorious, and to hell with the consequences for ordinary people.

origin

Aw why doesn't the CCP "do the right thing" and just commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wiley_Wonka
Russians would sell anyone their stuff because they need the money and their not going to be using any of their copious left over military hardware anytime soon. There's absolutely nothing there that would lead us to believe Russia would side with China in a NATO v China or USA v China war.

Indact, I would think they would almost 100% stay neutral.

[edit on 6/30/2005 by Wiley_Wonka]

I am thinking along those lines myself ... with the agenda being let the two duke it out (in a conventional) manner ... and thus weaken themselves and incur a bad global reputation for war mongering ... while Russia comes out smelling like roses as the proponent and broker for peace.

LCKob

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yup I third that too..

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
you guys live on some other planet don't ya?

The russians are squarely in our corner on some things, but appear otherwise so as not to stir their own nationalistic rightwingers and also not to be the target if anything goes down the wrong way.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
oh and Daedalus3,

I told ya about India aligning w/ the US.

I heard India's foreign minister say just that on c-span the other day.

Told ya so!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
2) Any attempt to airlift in the necessary equipment/troops would in all likelyhood be decimated by Taiwans Pac 2's and thier AF.
Not true. Before they would try to airlift the necessary troops, they would take out the Taiwanese PAC-2s and the Taiwanese AF. They are able to do this - they have a lot more planes and not all of their planes are old.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not all their planes are old , but all their ideas are based in cold war innuedo . The chinese have been dying to play big nuke power to US superpower.

It's a stupid drama played out by chinese psychotics.

[edit on 7/17/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hey, this thread popped to the top again after a long nap lol. Would it become the first ATS threat to reach 100 pages? Hmm

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
Hey, this thread popped to the top again after a long nap lol. Would it become the first ATS threat to reach 100 pages? Hmm

it soon will be after i post this muhahahahaha

is it page 100 yet???
???

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
Not true. Before they would try to airlift the necessary troops, they would take out the Taiwanese PAC-2s and the Taiwanese AF. They are able to do this - they have a lot more planes and not all of their planes are old.

Actually its more likely PAC-3's now. But at any rate, they cannot get them all and not all of thier stuff is in the open. I maintain the only reason China wants Taiwan is thier industrial capacity and modern quality controll etc.

As brutal as the communsit clique is that runs the country, there is no advantage to them of leaving the island a smoking crater. More likely they want to try to force a rapid settlement rather than a protracted war.

Given that if there are any SAMS and aircraft left, we could see the Marianas Turkey Shoot Part II

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Taiwan could turn out to be china's veitnam we may never know and that wouldnt upset me at all!

why are both sides moving to a cold/hot war environment? cant we stop this crap and join to cruise the stars exploring for the betterment of humanity rather a few rich and powerful people?

Can CHina invade Taiwan sure, how much is it worth to them? dont know unless you are in the high command/gov of China.

Could Taiwan defend agianst China? maybe in war nothing is 100% invasion fleets have been lost to weather before in china's long history.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My theory is: they're really just following "war is peace" (from novel "1984") where war is intentionally fought forever in order to keep people working. Except here it's not "war is peace" but "threat of war is peace." The governments try to keep the people working hard by making them think they will soon fight a war but in fact the war will never start.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Taishyou,

This is how dictatorships hold their minions in check. Good observation there.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join