It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
[do you know that until quite recently taiwan still claimed the ownedship of the mainland and still made threats of retaking it

And that is an equaly empty threat as China with its "forced reunification" Why would the claim not go both ways? Perhaps communist China is the "rebel province" and not the other way around??

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

[do you know that until quite recently taiwan still claimed the ownedship of the mainland and still made threats of retaking it

And that is an equaly empty threat as China with its "forced reunification" Why would the claim not go both ways? Perhaps communist China is the "rebel province" and not the other way around??

its not a empty threat with 600+ SRBM aimed at taiwan with 60+ submarines of all makes. 400+ 4th gen fighters with a lot more other fighters. and 2million men

this is a hypothetical situation

china is a country and not a province

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
A sabre being drawn to fight makes little noise. But the endless cycle of rattling by the communist leadership speaks volumes. If they could get away with it they would have done so by now.

Yes they have an impressive array of copied weaponry pointed at taiwan, yes they could burn the country down tot he bedrock if they so desired in the short term. However despite being a genocidal group of thugs, the communist leadership needs to take the island intact.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Most likely they will take it intact. The whole situation can be solved by diplomatics alone and it most likely will be. The cost of another PRC - ROC war will be enormous, and I'm sure the leaderships of both sides are fully aware of this. As a Chinese I also hope no military action be used in reunification of the two Chinas.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't foresee reunification in the near future..
Not with the way things are right now...
Status quo is the best soln as of now...
Unless a overwhelming majority want to re-unite with china AS IT IS RIGHT NOW (Commie govt et all) there's no re-unification possible..

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I don't foresee reunification in the near future..
Not with the way things are right now...
Status quo is the best soln as of now...
Unless a overwhelming majority want to re-unite with china AS IT IS RIGHT NOW (Commie govt et all) there's no re-unification possible..

chinas communist government is the right choice for china.

if we didn't have it china wouldn't be nearly as well developed as it is today. look at all those new buildings and expressways china has built only in the last 10 years.

Roughly 49.9% of taiwanese dont want independence. its a know fact.

I think that taiwan should re-unite so that trade and investment can be increased even more so.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
A sabre being drawn to fight makes little noise. But the endless cycle of rattling by the communist leadership speaks volumes. If they could get away with it they would have done so by now.

Yes they have an impressive array of copied weaponry pointed at taiwan, yes they could burn the country down tot he bedrock if they so desired in the short term. However despite being a genocidal group of thugs, the communist leadership needs to take the island intact.

what copied weaponary is that???

our SRBM or subs??

because our SRBM is completely indegingious tech give some edvidence to prove otherwise

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

quoted by chinawhite

OK man I am an Indian-American. Back in India we have sustained eight percent growth for quite a while. Almost all of our tech is indegineous. All your stuff is stil l
based on Russian designs. Sure india has russian weapons but we arent into copying and reverse engineering it that much. Plus when we we gained independance we didnt have civil war. Sure there was violence but nowhere near the war between the Nationalists and Commies. Plus we have so much experience in the IT industry. Bottom line, in the end China will be like the Soviet Union. It will collapse.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the next 10 years will be the deciding factor if you are correct benedict.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yes, there are definitely big challenges for China in the years ahead, if it could surpass the obstacles then it shall replace America as the most powerful of the world in a few decades but if it won't then we could sink to the levels before the cancellation of isolation.

The pressure to get China to raise its currency right now is one obstacle, a BIG one. But they won't succeed, China's currency shall be tied to America's as long as America is the world's only superpower.

There's a few more, Taiwan is one of them and the trade route is another. Military expansion/modernization solves a lot of the problems we'll have but diplomatic success should do even more.

Benedict, I won't correct you but I think there are more that you should know.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by COWlan]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
right now unpegging the currency would be a bad move for China until it gets it's torrid state banking system reformed.

Once that is dealt with the "hot money" in china will be less of a problem and inflation can be kept lower. The economy will not burst that way.

It would make little difference to the US economy anyhow... the real issue is the massive overspending of the American people. The debt will catch up and cause problems in the future.

However the US administration needs someone to blame in order to get the powerfull buisness lobby from their back and who better to pin the tail on than China?

It would also mean the US could hold it's lead over china indefinately while the Chinese economy stagnates and foregn investment dries up.

Yes China should keep it's currency pegged for now and gradually loosen it over the next few years... widening the band until it floats.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
Yes, there are definitely big challenges for China in the years ahead, if it could surpass the obstacles then it shall replace America as the most powerful of the world in a few decades but if it won't then we could sink to the levels before the cancellation of isolation.

Hmmm, I do not think it will. there are alot of reasons for this. One centers around its population. Right now its produstivity is fueled by a huge amount of cheap internal labor as well a ttoal lack of envirnonmental controlls. As its population policy has slowed the rate of births, and its workforce ages it will find it harder and harder to be compedative and they will eventualy lose some production to areas that have even lower costs, much like they have done to Japan.

Environmental factors will also have a huge effect. THe level of polution is staggering to say the least, and at some point will have a limiting effect esp if it effects food production

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict arnold

quoted by chinawhite

OK man I am an Indian-American. Back in India we have sustained eight percent growth for quite a while. Almost all of our tech is indegineous. All your stuff is stil l
based on Russian designs. Sure india has russian weapons but we arent into copying and reverse engineering it that much. Plus when we we gained independance we didnt have civil war. Sure there was violence but nowhere near the war between the Nationalists and Commies. Plus we have so much experience in the IT industry. Bottom line, in the end China will be like the Soviet Union. It will collapse.

one thing is india never reached 8% growth . china doesn't copy russian tech.??

weapon tech yes but not everydy and export tech.

why do people make such a big deal of the indian IT industry?? they dont amke any breakthroughs. they just have call centres

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
To me, it seems more like the communists, in the name of "unification", want to have access to the Pacific Ocean and take complete control of the Taiwan Strait. It wants to project its force in the Pacific region and challenge the US, making the west coast vulnerable to her submarines. US allies Japan and South Korea will be uneased when their trade route, the taiwan strait, is taken control by these communists.

I really question the communists' claim that they are the rightful sole owner of "China". The communist mainland would not have been regard as "China" had Nixon(i think) not declared the PRC government as the "China" governing body they regconised and put in UN security council.
Now the robbers are crying out that they were robbed.

Let's hope Taiwan really take back China one day, though difficult it may be. And to the communists supporters here, pls know that what u know right now is only what your communist government wants you to know.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
please ignore his comments his clearly anti-chinese.

his mood is set to chinese gulags

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
I really question the communists' claim that they are the rightful sole owner of "China". The communist mainland would not have been regard as "China" had Nixon(i think) not declared the PRC government as the "China" governing body they regconised and put in UN security council.
Now the robbers are crying out that they were robbed.

They had a Civil War and the Communist Party won, sorry to inform you of this. Sometimes this is how things happen. Dislike it? Oh well, America then belongs to the British Crown as does Britain. Australia goes back to the Natives, list goes on. Can't have it both ways now can you?

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
President Bush has promised recently to deliver on the proposed weapons package to Taiwan no matter how long it takes to pass the budget for those arms.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotheRaGe
US allies Japan and South Korea will be uneased when their trade route, the taiwan strait, is taken control by these communists.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by NotheRaGe]

they could close trade in th straight anytime they wanted, a few sea skimming anti-ship missles, which there are litteraly hundreds of stationed in the vicinity, would do it in a day........

and on the big question that was asked nearly a hundred pages ago!(can china take taiwan?)....china could take taiwan, but the US would bring in the carrier groups, then said sea skimming missles would eventually sink one of the carriers (if ya launch enough, some will get through) and boom, sunk carrier......then i dont think it would be long before it was mushroom clouds and fallout fer breakfast in china........so all up i dont think they could take/hold/keep taiwan militairily without starting ww3 or the like

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The US is rich ,strong and powerful .
But the insight of the govenment is seriously poor.
Chinese people love peace instead of wars and they want to solve their own problem peacefully.So if other countries don't interfere,they wouldn't invade their own land.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

[chinas communist government is the right choice for china. if we didn't have it china wouldn't be nearly as well developed as it is today. Roughly 49.9% of taiwanese dont want independence. its a know fact.

Hmmm how accurate are those polls? 'So do you want to declare independance? Oh pay no attention to the Missiles and constant threats aimed at your country?

Is the government the right choice for China? Maybe you might ask the millions killed in the cultural revolution or better yet those starved to death in the "Great Leap" foreward? Are you saying that China and her people would never have developed thier nation without the communists? And really now, when you get out of the "showcase" cities, rural China shows a much differnt picture than the urban utopia you imply.

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join