It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
mabye you should move on zcheng!
also the japanses have don nothing compared to wha twe western countries have done in our pasts so DONT go on about how evil japan is they are completley peacfule now! unlike a few nations i can name!

Yes, maybe. But when Japan dare to attack PLA again in the future, China will use decisive force in hand to destroy it. China will not deliberately attack Japan, will retaliate only when under Japanese attack. Japan is now rearming fast, neighbouring countries are watching.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Yes, maybe. But when Japan dare to attack PLA again in the future, China will use decisive force in hand to destroy it. China will not deliberately attack Japan, will retaliate only when under Japanese attack. Japan is now rearming fast, neighbouring countries are watching.

OH wow the great chinese long range force. one thing you need to cross over south korean airspace. and with the US forces and korean forces there your planes wont get buy and your ICBM's would be taken out by the UN special forces that would come in after you attacked japan. also they were going to allow america to use the base not sedn their forces in. so in effect if you attacked that countryr you would be declaring war on many diffrent countries.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

OH wow the great chinese long range force. one thing you need to cross over south korean airspace. and with the US forces and korean forces there your planes wont get buy and your ICBM's would be taken out by the UN special forces that would come in after you attacked japan. also they were going to allow america to use the base not sedn their forces in. so in effect if you attacked that countryr you would be declaring war on many diffrent countries.

The bases used to attack PLA will be destroyed. As simple as that. Both South Korean and Japan will be extremely cautious on this matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The bases used to attack PLA will be destroyed. As simple as that. Both South Korean and Japan will be extremely cautious on this matter.

so your willing to declare war on a country that has no direct part in this war?
also i dont think ethier will be cautios with the UN supporting it. unless u think china can take the UN ?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

so your willing to declare war on a country that has no direct part in this war?
also i dont think ethier will be cautios with the UN supporting it. unless u think china can take the UN ?

When those bases are used to attack China, China has the right to attack and destroy those bases. Do you know there is a Cuba Missile Crisis, and the Soviet was just deploy missile there?

In fact, China confronted UN already in Korea in early 50's, in the weak days of China. There will be no UN forces anymore against China.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

When those bases are used to attack China, China has the right to attack and destroy those bases. Do you know there is a Cuba Missile Crisis, and the Soviet was just deploy missile there?

In fact, China confronted UN already in Korea in early 50's, in the weak days of China. There will be no UN forces anymore against China.

funny i rem reading on that war. you tried to break the british bit and failed,then we pushed u back. u didnt do so well there did u? against a greatly smaller force?
yes and u dont think the japanses and americans will have defenses?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

funny i rem reading on that war. you tried to break the british bit and failed,then we pushed u back. u didnt do so well there did u? against a greatly smaller force?

Are you reading the part that then "Terminator" general told his nation that all would be finished by Christmas yet? Back then, PRC just founded after years of civil war, almost everything was ruin. Yet, PLA repelled US/UN back to 38 degree line. It was then. Now you have to consider China today. Yes, Japan have defense, but I know Missile Shield is not yet ready.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hmmm, Yes you launced a sneak attack, but as I recall, you and I have had this history lesson before. The UN forces read the Brits and US kicked your asses back to the 38th parallel

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
yes you tried to break into a battle weary,tired,undermanned,underequiped and basically just fked dead troops BUT still lost against them

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

OH wow the great chinese long range force. one thing you need to cross over south korean airspace. and with the US forces and korean forces there your planes wont get buy and your ICBM's would be taken out by the UN special forces that would come in after you attacked japan.

Don't forget that that the japanese have a modern airforce. F-15J's and a version of the AWACS aircraft based on the 767 and PAC-2 Missile batteries.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Hmmm, Yes you launced a sneak attack, but as I recall, you and I have had this history lesson before. The UN forces read the Brits and US kicked your asses back to the 38th parallel

Getting tense now, eh?

Actually, you need the history lesson, Captain America. The Chinese were pushed back, but if anyone got their asses kicked, it was our own U.S. troops. The Chinese forces killed, starved and forced many courageous U.S. Marines to suffer in the cold of North Korea.

Why else was MacArthur so angry as to boldly protest to Eisenhower that we invade China? Because they were punishing us! When somebody punishes you, you punish them even harder (or at least try to).

As a fellow American, let me tell you that not knowing our own history is what gives zcheng the advantage in the flame wars.

DON'T GIVE ZCHENG THAT CHANCE!!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Actually, you need the history lesson, Captain America. The Chinese were pushed back, but if anyone got their asses kicked, it was our own U.S. troops. The Chinese forces killed, starved and forced many courageous U.S. Marines to suffer in the cold of North Korea.

Actually im on Zchengs ignore list I assume. Acutally hes amusing more than anything else. If you did not spot it it was a line from the Rodney Dangerfield movie "Back to School" Rember Sam Kinison yelling "SAY IT SAY IT" OKAY ILL SAY IT! TRUMAN WAS TOO MUCH OF A PUSSYWHIP TO LET MACARTHUR KICK THOSE RICE EATING BASTERD BACK ACROSS THE 38TH PARALLEL" Its a movie line no offence intended to anyone....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I just read up to here, don't feel like reading the whole post. Taiwan, UN, SK, USA will be against you. China's air is taken out, hopefully rods of gods will be in service and take out your command centers in 1 minute. UN Special forces will take over check points, Joint forces will pound and pound the whole land. SK would dedicate troops. )France we will send to the artic to prevent a invasion there
Okay troops, stand on guard, shoot anything that moves! DAMMIT LE SIR, I SHOT UN PENGUIN)

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Einsteinboy, stop being like zcheng and talking stupid.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Einsteinboy, stop being like zcheng and talking stupid.

It is my honor to be associated with Einsteinboy.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
No War in Asia. Bad to the environment. fight in olympic games plz. China needs the U.S to keep the peace, i do not think China wants such a war to happen now. If so, what China gets?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Remember we used to keep forces in Taiwan - some of the big bases were CCK (my father was stationed there in the late 60's), Taichung, and Taitung.

The USAF (PACAF) used to have a C-130 wing out of CCK - I think the Taiwan Air Force also had F-104's in that area also.

We do have a treaty obilgation with Taiwan (Formosa) to defend her in case of attack.

=-Rich

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It's not widely mentioned ,but the U.S. has 8 nuclear ballistic missle sub in the Pacific w/ 150 nukes each . All those can reach China and if thats not enough the 8 in the Atlantic can probably reach China as well. Our land based ICBMs can reach all of China and there are thousands.

Their will be NO WAR.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
yes got to the end at last Devilwasp if i knew anything about chinese/taiwain forces id help ya argue but i dont so as always ill do what the english always done sit back & let the scots fight the hard battles

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Their will be NO WAR.

That is what we all should work for, and make it a reality.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join