It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 138
1
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

I didnt know that chinese like death..


who said that. you dont even know what you posted before




posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Ancient history. and yes they went to protest and were massacred for it.


what percentage of the protestors were students?



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Well they eat soybean cake for protein and vegetable cooked and raw , small amounts of meat.


what percentage of chinese eat soybeans? not a lot

what percentage of chinese eat rice? around 50%



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
CHINAWHITE : you wrote " what percentage of chinese eat soybeans? not a lot "

i dont mean this to be a snide jab , but if they are not eating it , what did china do with > 20 million tons of soy last year ?

i realise that soy sauce production and export will " EAT " no pun intended a percentage



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
what percentage of chinese eat soybeans? not a lot

what percentage of chinese eat rice? around 50%


Ummm yeah and what do you think Tofu is made of? Hmmmmm.... would that be soybeans? DING DING DING

Yes rice is a huge staple just about anywhere.



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Rice is big in Mexico, but they use beans as protein.

Soybean imports are going thru the roof in China. Tofu is becoming popular.



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by chinawhite
that just proves my point. they had no patience with the slow reforms and went to protest rebellion.


Ancient history. and yes they went to protest and were massacred for it. Nice way to help prevent future protests no?


Ancient History?

There are people on this site that can remember some of them, I doubt they count as being "ancient".

Oh wait, the 1950's and 1960's were peace-ful.

The Free India Movement never happened.

-makes history vanish-



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Ancient History?

There are people on this site that can remember some of them, I doubt they count as being "ancient".


Odium if you look at his whole post he made refence to several imperial dynasties ie. Ming etc trying to make his point to show how the people of China rise up to protest. Thats where the ancient comment was directed at

[edit on 9/6/05 by FredT]



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
china has her equivalent for New orleans happening right now. Typhoon Talim.


I have to point out Typhoon Talim was significantly weaken after it passes Taiwan's center mountains. New Orleans also has the disadvantage of being under sea level.

You have to look at landscape also when you evaluate the damage that can caused by Typhoon or Hurrican.

There are probably other causes of New Orlean disasters as well, but you can not compare Talim and Katrina.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by twchang]

[edit on 6-9-2005 by twchang]



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Ummm yeah and what do you think Tofu is made of? Hmmmmm.... would that be soybeans? DING DING DING

Yes rice is a huge staple just about anywhere.


well who didn't know.

only the southern regions of chinese food uses tofu or soybean products. because they are the only regions that grow soybeans.


the overseas chinese (manily from the south) settle into other countries. thats why people make the connection of "chinese" and soybeans



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
I have to point out Typhoon Talim was significantly weaken after it passes Taiwan's center mountains. New Orleans also has the disadvantage of being under sea level.

You have to look at landscape also when you evaluate the damage that can caused by Typhoon or Hurrican.

There are probably other causes of New Orlean disasters as well, but you can not compare Talim and Katrina.


i made the comparision because these are two major natural disaters happening at this point in the respective countries. look how the situation is handled.



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
wow, this thread is endless...

i just see how continously some guys repeat and repeat the stereotypes in their heads of a culture and a politic system, you know, "there slayers, slavers commmies","we have the true freedom",specifically, this "give them rice and they will be happy".... made me


the things arent perfect in china, but they are growing, learning and producing, the polution problems are tipical in a nation with a growing industry, i dont understand all these comentaries from some guys, i mean "looooook how bad are the chineses", is ridicoulus
, isnt how bad they are right now, is about how good they are if you compare last decades, and how good they will be

anyway what the hell this have to do with the original topic??



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i dont mean this to be a snide jab , but if they are not eating it , what did china do with > 20 million tons of soy last year ?

i realise that soy sauce production and export will " EAT " no pun intended a percentage


notice the percentage


20million tons is not going to feed a lot



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It's actually 34 million metric tonnes.

It would give over 850 million chinese 3 ounces of protein / day .

It's not nothing!

Or if you raised chickens w/ it. It would give every chines 3 chickens or 15 chickens for a family of 5. Of course, in rural areas it would = 15 eggs / family of 5 / day.

Not bad.








[edit on 9/7/2005 by bodebliss]



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
who said that. you dont even know what you posted before

Eh?
This is rediculous.



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
35million out of 219.7 million tons?

deltafarmpress.com...

When you think of it, that's actually not that much for 1/5th of the Worlds population.



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
China Corn exports:

usda.mannlib.cornell.edu...='china%20exports'

Have a look at how much of that they are putting out.

Once they shift to producing soy [which costs roughly 1/7th of what corn does] on some of the land, America, Brazil, et al will be...well in trouble. Especailly if they do it on a mass scale. [To remove need to import soy and create an ability to export it.]



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
They will consume 40 million metric tonnes this year (Proj.):

www.fas.usda.gov...



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

i made the comparision because these are two major natural disaters happening at this point in the respective countries. look how the situation is handled.



That is why I have to point it out because you can not really compare. The amount of damages and types of damages they cause are different.

Some can say US government didn't handle the situation well, or they need improvements. But I don't think comparing the 2 situations is valid.


[edit on 7-9-2005 by twchang]



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
40millions out of 219?

Roughly 1/5th of the soy in the world for 1/5th of the worlds population?

Math works fine for me?



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

log in

join