It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang
That is why I have to point it out because you can not really compare. The amount of damages and types of damages they cause are different.

Some can say US government didn't handle the situation well, or they need improvements. But I don't think comparing the 2 situations is valid.
[edit on 7-9-2005 by twchang]

there is a comparision to be made.

the chinese government acted a lot faster than the american government and kept the situtation under control.

or are you denying this?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

the chinese government acted a lot faster than the american government and kept the situtation under control.

or are you denying this?

The chinese government will act alot faster since there government is more military minded....or are you denying this?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
ha

more military minded. like invading iraq

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

ha

Yeah we dont just anex countries...
tibet...
Vietnam...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Actually china has more claim to vietnam or tibet, even taiwan, than the US does to occupy Iraq..

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Actually china has more claim to vietnam or tibet, even taiwan, than the US does to occupy Iraq..

So it has the right to annex territories?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by Daedalus3

So it has the right to annex territories?

They think they do. Don't be fooled China does want to embark on conquering a new imperialist style empire in the ways of the old dynasty's.
We have already seen the beginnings with the invasion of Tibet, the annexing of Indian territroy in the Aksai Chin and other boarer areas.
Even know China is flexing it's muscles over the sole rights to the Spratly Island group in the South China Sea. An area where 5 Asian countries assert their right to parts of the island chain. There is no doubt once China has the capability to use military force without repurcussions they will. The same goes for Taiwan.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

or are you denying this?

This is like comparing the speed between the police rescuing 1 car accident and the police rescuing 100 car accidents. Which one will take longer?

And then you also try to use this argument to say dictatorship will act faster than democracy. Typhoon constantly pass through Taiwan, Japan and other countries that are democratic, and their governments usually react in a reasonable time.

Dictators can make decision faster, but that doesn't mean they will make good decision, and it doesn't necessary mean their military action etc is more efficient or faster.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

tibet...
Vietnam...

and fro the past 700+ years tibet wasn't even a country.?

and anex vietnam??

la2

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
it isnt a question, they can, has anyone asked the real question..... can anyone stop them, really?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
They think they do. Don't be fooled China does want to embark on conquering a new imperialist style empire in the ways of the old dynasty's.

that is everything againest what a communist stands for

We have already seen the beginnings with the invasion of Tibet, the annexing of Indian territroy in the Aksai Chin and other boarer areas.

this is a fact. indians never adminstrated askin chin.

anything in the present. instead of pointing to the past.

Even know China is flexing it's muscles over the sole rights to the Spratly Island group in the South China Sea. An area where 5 Asian countries assert their right to parts of the island chain. There is no doubt once China has the capability to use military force without repurcussions they will. The same goes for Taiwan.

flexing its muscles?

last time i checked china tried make a treaty sharing the oil and gas in the Nansha Islands islands.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by twchang

This is like comparing the speed between the police rescuing 1 car accident and the police rescuing 100 car accidents. Which one will take longer?

dont make it sound like the american one was 100times bigger.

you know what th ratio is?

And then you also try to use this argument to say dictatorship will act faster than democracy. Typhoon constantly pass through Taiwan, Japan and other countries that are democratic, and their governments usually react in a reasonable time.

examples please

Dictators can make decision faster, but that doesn't mean they will make good decision, and it doesn't necessary mean their military action etc is more efficient or faster.

yeah we are not talking about other ones. but this one.

are you trying to argue that america acted quicker??

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

this is a fact. indians never adminstrated askin chin.

anything in the present. instead of pointing to the past.

Lol, excuse me
It was you who previously claimed Tibet as part of China because of some Chinese emperor conquering it hundreds of years ago. So in actual fact you are now saying China had no claim to Tibet, as what happened in the past stays in the past ?

flexing its muscles?

last time i checked china tried make a treaty sharing the oil and gas in the Nansha Islands islands.

Last time I heard China was reiterating its claim to sole ownership of the Spratly Islands.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Lol, excuse me
It was you who previously claimed Tibet as part of China because of some Chinese emperor conquering it hundreds of years ago.

we conqured and we stayed.
. we didn't leave hundreds of years ago

So in actual fact you are now saying China had no claim to Tibet, as what happened in the past stays in the past ?

we are talking about the present

but whos in control of tibet now. whos the majority popultion

Last time I heard China was reiterating its claim to sole ownership of the Spratly Islands.

well we asked them to do a joint venture but they wanted all of them.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

ha

tibet...
Vietnam...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

Tibet, Taiwan and Vietnam belongs to China from history. Iraq never belong to US, neither do Alaska from history.

*Removed vague comments about another member's parents.*

[edit on 9-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
the US could claim Taiwan since it was the US the liberated it not the ccp and Tibetians used to be the main population but since the ccp scattered those poor families all over china they are no longer the majority.

Chinawhite why dont you leave Aussieland since it seems that you are much more intune with your brothers in china, live the grand chinese life style? If China is so peaceful and grand why are you there and not in the Chinese Army in china?

Its great to be proud of your heritage but you take it too the extreme.

the ccp is hostile threating its neihbprs I have no doubt if China could get away with taking Siberia, Taiwan and invading Japan they would in a heartbeat. How many times have chinese generals and the government threatened to attack other nations? How many times have Chinese invade and actually kept the land? They are the only modern nation to invade nations and were allowed to keep the land, something not even the evil US has done.

A cold war maybe hot war is coming and the race arms has already begun I hope the CCP knows what they are getting into but then agian I also hope that they dont.

IF China invades Taiwan I hope its a blood bath for the chinese but hey why not go all out and take on japan too!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

dont make it sound like the american one was 100times bigger.

you know what th ratio is?

Nope. And i doubt anyone can put a ratio on it. That is why I said you can not really compare.

examples please

Why do you even need examples? You don't know Typhoons constantly hit Taiwan and Japan? And there are always some disasters, big and small. Mud slide, rocks blocking road, flooding, people got stuck on the mountains or sea... We have seen all of them caused by Typhoons before.

Depending on the type of problems, different units will be dispatched.

And there are also earth quakes.

yeah we are not talking about other ones. but this one.

are you trying to argue that america acted quicker??

I am saying you can not compare.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by twchang]

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yeah and that gives you the right to invade and impose your will on its residences?

and anex vietnam??

1970?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yeah and that gives you the right to invade and impose your will on its residences?

and anex vietnam??

1970?

This has happened time and again by almost every Nation, our own Nation in fact Devil has done the same thing before, as had America, Russia, Japan, etc, etc.

Their is only one major difference, this is recent History. If China doesn't fall 200years down the line it'll become a majority view that those Nation's were always China's

Look how many times you have to point out the U.K. is not just England.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
This has happened time and again by almost every Nation, our own Nation in fact Devil has done the same thing before, as had America, Russia, Japan, etc, etc.

Yes but does it make it right?
Our nation is the worst for it..

Their is only one major difference, this is recent History. If China doesn't fall 200years down the line it'll become a majority view that those Nation's were always China's

Frankly 200 years ago doesnt bother me with this issue, right here and right now is important.

Look how many times you have to point out the U.K. is not just England.

Thing is, china is not a kingdom, it is a country, if they annex a country or peice of land against the peoples wishes then they are doing wrong IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join