It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Australia recently gave asylum to a chinese diplomat who was labeled subversive by the CCP and he then exposed the spy network in Aussie. The # of spies exposed runs in the thousands.

ummm.

last i checked he disappeared.

no arrest no inqueries. nothing. absolutely nothing happened.

where are the spies may you ask?

the answer to that is that its in his head

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
china has her equivalent for New orleans happening right now. Typhoon Talim

600,000 people evacuated.

at least 10 deaths 15missing.

see the difference in a demoracy and chinese order.

things get done

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ah, ya got a point, but still it could be a large #.
I remember President Lee(Taiwan) went to his old university and All of a sudden the chinese students who protest nothing, spend most of their time trying to get close to gov't research, were all up in arms about it .

The university realizing they were being put up to it by Beijing, threatened them w/ expulsion if they disrupted his visit. They decided to go back to their nosing around.

[edit on 9/3/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

things get done

I still believe you don't need a dictator to make the trains run on time.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I still believe you don't need a dictator to make the trains run on time.

yes you dont.

but with 1.3billion people thinking differently . you will have a lot of fractions in the chinese government.

monkey see monkey do. they see that one person can gain power more people will want to be leader.

when china has not been under a strong leader it decends into chaos. spilts into multiple groups. they will start fighting until they realize that only under one person china can be strong. these groups will not start their own government. because they are bonded by blood history and culture.

examples of this are the three kingdoms, the Ten Kingdoms.

you need one strong leader to led china not a weak demoracy.

I wish china could have demoracy but its not possible. the best choice would be Singapores

parliamentary republic type government

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
China has typhoons like that almost every year, the US only has category 4-5 very rarely. Also, most of those people don't live in big cities rather open country, 600,000 compared to 1.4 million.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The university realizing they were being put up to it by Beijing, threatened them w/ expulsion if they disrupted his visit. They decided to back to their nosing around.

hey no free speech in taiwan?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
No this was when he visited his old alma mater(US):

Cornell University

President Lee was characterized as an ex-pres visiting his old university home. They didn't want that trashed.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
"I wish china could have demoracy but its not possible. the best choice would be Singapores

parliamentary republic type government "

What they need is representative gov't on the local level for accountability.
They had a beginning of local elections and then they stopped that.

China is scary on this in that Taiwan wanted to have referendums and china was jumping up and down about how chinese couldn't be expected to be able to make choices like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

President Lee was characterized as an ex-pres visiting his old university home. They didn't want that trashed.

how do they know beijing was behind this?

everything anti-taiwan always ends up getting blmed on beijing

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

China is scary on this in that Taiwan wanted to have referendums and china was jumping up and down about how chinese couldn't be expected to be able to make choices like that.

i had a article written by the former president of singapore saying that he agreed with Deng on going into tiananmen square. and that chinese weren't ready for demoracy.

its was a interview

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
China has typhoons like that almost every year, the US only has category 4-5 very rarely.
[edit on 3-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

It still doesn't matter.

you waited how long till you finally sent in some help?

Also, most of those people don't live in big cities rather open country, 600,000 compared to 1.4 million.

and open country is easier because?

more people scatted all over the place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not just china. but taiwan with 1 death and 24 injuries.

Hit taiwan. a much larger area with a lot more people.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"i had a article written by the former president of singapore saying that he agreed with Deng on going into tiananmen square. and that chinese weren't ready for demoracy.

its was a interview "

I remember reading how Hong Kong activists congradulated Taiwan after it's first referendum with phrases like, " First presidential elections and now referendums, Taiwan proves that chinese can have democracy."

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I remember reading how Hong Kong activists congradulated Taiwan after it's first referendum with phrases like, " First presidential elections and now referendums, Taiwan proves that chinese can have democracy."

yeah activists.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by skylight
New Orleans or IRAQ??? what is happening in New Orleans??? soldier can even kill ppl ON SITE??? thousand of ppl lying in the sprots hall hopefulless!!! nobody care about them. terrible... where is democracy and human right?
so before you scold other nation's goverment, what the hell US goverment did! does mr. president REALLY care about human right?

Well said!
Do you know that the President is enjoying playing golf and drinking while the disaster broke out. I had read from newspaper. The worst things are, he too sooo long to response, on the other hand he gave a very fast response when it comes to invading or rebuilding iraq. Some said, the white discriminate against the black, thats why this makes them so slow to response. SHame...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

things get done

How dare you use natural disasters to further your arguement, I hope all chinese dont think like that.

Whats the differenece between china and US ?
In the US they are based soley on freedom, if thigns take a while to move well TS.
In the PRC things get done quickly but the original ammount of freedom is diffrent.
I wont try and argue with you about the pros and cons of a fake "comunism" , thats for another argument for another day.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
yeah I agree.. Don't diss democracy with respect to relief management..
The problem lies with the US not democracy..
Although their was some problem in India regarding the actual powers bestowed on base commanders and them having to wait for orders from the bureacratic top to act in disaster relief during the tsunami..
They complained that had they been given more autonomy, they would have been able to act much faster, rather than waiting for orders to come from non-military intellectuals..
But I suspect the problem would be present in the commie hierarchy as well, maybe even more severe..
Is that what happened in News Orleans..Lack of rescue/relief autonomy?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Is that what happened in News Orleans..Lack of rescue/relief autonomy?

What caused the whole mess in the first place was that the local government totally and utterly dropped the ball and then blamed the federal government because they knew everyone would be like, "Well yes, Bush sucks, of course it's his fault!". The local governemnt had hundreds, maybe even thousands of buses sitting around that they could have used if they wanted to to get everyone that couldnt drive out of New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There's talk now that because the Federal Government and their assets were only in a supporting role to the State they could not take charge and get things done faster. So now the governor and the white house are debating on who is going to control the National Guard and the rebuilding effort.

IMO it should be the Feds, they should have had the full authority from the start.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
...to be honest, if this was the other way around you would see it rain down on criticism of China.

I remember the First Russian Submarine dissaster [a few years back] and what was said about them not allowing international help.

This is the same thing but on a much larger scale yet the American Government are willing to turn down help from Russia [helicopters], Cuba [doctors], etc...

The Chinese Government did what had to be done. They moved the people who needed saving. The American Government didn't and is still making a mess of the whole thing.

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join