It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
whereas give a person in China a bowl of rice and he's happy.

you must be joking?

Intresting how many of these ' poor ' in NO are massively obese

Americans expect things to happen instantly, they have no patience. The Chinese are very patient and are used to being told what to do.

no there not. why do you use this stereotypes on people?.

no one is going to be patient after they lost everythin they own. living on "a bowl of rice".

chinese have a tradition of protesting, and rebellion. patience my

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
^^^ LOL

Chinese food consumption per capita is minute compared to the US, simple as that.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
you cant hide the deaths of 350,000-750,000. it doesn't matter what type of government you have

LMAO, it is very easy in China, maybe not today but in the 70's VERY EASY. Look at Moa he killed millions and the figures are still not known as they have been purposely understated by the CCP.

BTW, no you couldn't say the same for the US, they have freedom of the media over there. Impossible to cover things up.@@:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Your kidding right? :shk: Tienneman ring a bell?

Take a gander if you will:

Freedom of Thought, Conscience, Religion, and Belief

Restrictions on AIDS Activists in China

Tiananmen 16 Years Later

Religious Repression of Uighurs in Xinjiang

Sure you can protest all you want just be prepared to die or go to the gulag

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
"chinese have a tradition of protesting, and rebellion."

I find myself agreeing with Chinawhite here. They had approaching 100,000 protests last year it has grown from 30,000 just a few yrs ago. There was an article about China developing a quick reaction force to quell these riots so that figure will either go down or with a more stringent reaction to riots civil war might breakout.

You close down dissent and it reappears somewhere else.

[edit on 9/6/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

^^^ LOL

Chinese food consumption per capita is minute compared to the US, simple as that.

you got it wrong. calory intake is small. but food is average.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   

^^^ LOL

you got it wrong. calory intake is small. but food is average.

Poor China:

America has what now 12.5% of people below the poverty line and
50% with weight induced health problems?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

LMAO, it is very easy in China, maybe not today but in the 70's VERY EASY. Look at Moa he killed millions and the figures are still not known as they have been purposely understated by the CCP.

um.....

most estimates on people killed during the the Great leap forward are based on census figures. thy say that there should have been more people in china 10-15years after . but the thing most people dont include is that during that time there was a lack of food. why would someone want to have a baby under those conditions. because china didn't publish any born rates during that time people had to use the rates before it started.

Now where the missing chinese even there?

missing 500,000-1,000,000 is a very large number. they have relatives that wil be asking questions.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Oh I don't know about that Chinawhite a bowl of rice is equal to three average size potatoes. You got to eat well to work well and there are no reports of scattered starvation in China. China is a food exporter. They must be doing OK.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Your kidding right? :shk: Tienneman ring a bell?

that just proves my point. they had no patience with the slow reforms and went to protest

rebellion.
Look through chinese history. the past 7 dynasties in china fell to peasant rebellion

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Oh I don't know about that Chinawhite a bowl of rice is equal to three average size potatoes. You got to eat well to work well and there are no reports of scattered starvation in China. China is a food exporter. They must be doing OK.

you might live by on a bowl of rice but it wont fill you up. i eat rice nearly everyday

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well they eat soybean cake for protein and vegetable cooked and raw , small amounts of meat.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   

that just proves my point. they had no patience with the slow reforms and went to protest rebellion.

Ancient history. and yes they went to protest and were massacred for it. Nice way to help prevent future protests no?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I do not htink China exports much food.

Granted this is Rense but:

China's Reliance On Food

Agriculture Department Sees Rise in China's Food Imports

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

that just proves my point. they had no patience with the slow reforms and went to protest rebellion.

Ancient history. and yes they went to protest and were massacred for it. Nice way to help prevent future protests no?

China has had one major incident in its History, how many have the British Government had where the same thing happened?

We've gone over this before, I've already bothered to display such things to people.

Isn't it about time they stop recycling the same arguement against China for a few minor mistakes?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

how dare you .......lol

your so funny. take me post out of context.

I didnt know that chinese like death..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
FREDT :

rense is not worth the mouse click

this link :

www.organicconsumers.org...

claims that china is a vast net vegatable exporter ,

the CIA :

www.cia.gov...

DOES NOT CONSIDER AGRICUL;TRAL IMPORTS or EXPORTS worthy of mention in " the big bicture"

while , this :

www.ers.usda.gov/publications/ foodreview/sep1999/frsept99h.pdf

is a US centric study of foods sales trends , and reports that chines inports from the US have fallen while thier exports to the US have risen

as with all statistics - it depends on the date and indicators :

www.extension.iastate.edu...

paints a mixed picture - soy imports are rising , but consumption is increasing at a FAR faster rate

as the last link illustrates - when you poll and what products you consider

china has had some droughts etc in recent years , so if you focus on the drought hit crops immediatly after a crop failure - you will get the answer you want

hope this helps , ANYTHING is better than jeff rinse IMHHO

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Thanks I will take a look. ALso do not forget to mix in the rising level of pollution acid rain etc will begin to impact crops. The Three Gorges dam helps and hurts. It prevents flooding but I understand they submerged some land that was for agricuture use.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
I find myself agreeing with Chinawhite here. They had approaching 100,000 protests last year it has grown from 30,000 just a few yrs ago. There was an article about China developing a quick reaction force to quell these riots so that figure will either go down or with a more stringent reaction to riots civil war might breakout.

well i dont agree with his figures. it proves my point. how can you say that the chinese people are not allow to protest.

[edit on 9/6/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a small percentage of that land could have been used to grow something. but the added benifits of prventing droughts floods and added trade inland out weight the natural destruction.

imagine all that land in chinas vast north now able to grow crops without fear of drought . all the land now able to grow crops is a lot lot larger than what was lost

Anyway chinas got a a huge R&D investment in GM crops

the animals that are dying are going through natural selection.

new topics

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join