It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Modifies Pat Downs/Protests dated for 11/24/10

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Like I said go to the airports tomorrow and find out, it's not so hard. Then you can tell me who exactly holds you and just how many deputy dogs they have sitting around you.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Blarneystoner

You haven't contributed "anything of substance either" except to label me as a troll and to call for the thread to be shut down. Funny how when something pisses people off they want it off the market. Much like these AIT scanners.
edit on 23-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

lol... check my replies. Not once have I labeled anyone a troll. I'm not pissed off either. If you'll check, you'll see that I have offered several points of contention which you've ignored. It makes no difference to me if the thread stays open or not, I simply offered my opinion with regards to your behaviour and the possibilty that you've nothing more to say. Of course, if you wish to go on calling names and insulting those who disagree, then by all means, do so.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Also I'll say again that I have to find zero facts for why this works and what it exactly does... why? Because I'm all for it and it's already been implemented, so if you'd like this to get off the shelves maybe you should get to that research I'm talking about. Otherwise it's still in service and people like me will get their way.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Actually I did reply to what you said, I stated that if I have rules on the window of my store and you don't follow them I don't have to serve you, heck I can even call the police. To which you gave no reply, this was in context to saying that if you don't go by the TSA's rules then the same things will happen.

Also I enjoy this quite a bit I hope this goes on for the next month.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Actually I did reply to what you said, I stated that if I have rules on the window of my store and you don't follow them I don't have to serve you, heck I can even call the police. To which you gave no reply, this was in context to saying that if you don't go by the TSA's rules then the same things will happen.

Also I enjoy this quite a bit I hope this goes on for the next month.

OK... I missed that.
Honestly... you really think that ANY rules you post in your store window are legal? I remember signage in store windows that said "Whites Only". You think you could get away with that now? Seriously?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

lol you really must be extremely delusional, as I've already stated this country belongs to the government, not the people. Or have you been living in a hole?

you are seriously misinformed and part of the problem: heres your prescription: get educated
take at least two hours of this everyday until you finish all seven then perhaps you may be allowed to vote.

www.youtube.com...
final comment: THIS COUNTRY IS GREAT BECAUSE WE ARE FREEMEN.NOT BECAUSE WE ARE SUBJECTS OF OUR GOVT.
edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Wow way to take what I said out of context and run with it. I referred to the no shirt, no shoes policy, but if someone would want that then it couldn't be a public shop, it'd have to be a private club and yes they still have those. My point is don't follow the rules on the wall, don't fly.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I can understand the passion but I dont understand the poison,
getting way nasty, gets give and take dialogue nothing but lost,

Looking only at this from a 'needs" perspective and not solely from a defended position,

WE, and I'm speaking only on those that would be flying on airliners, not on anything else, only that topic,
we need to of course be safe,
there is already a 'built in' risk to flying, any type of malfunction can result in an accident ending in death,
we take that risk willingly when boarding and flying, should something happen at 36,000 ft with engines or pressure or whatever there's tragedy.
That 'built in' possible failure exists at any given moment on any given flight, no one can perform perfect maintainence and assure anyone that parts wont fail,
that 'built in' issue is addressed as best it can be, on the ground, preflight, between flights, with safety checks, inspections, parts replacements, etc by trained mechanics and technicans,
people just like anyone here, we trust that they perform their job well, we dont see them perform their job, but we trust that they do,
that, is the 'built in' safety issue.
WE, (still only speaking on flyers) want to also feel safe in our travels against terrorists, nut jobs, attackers, etc,
I dont want you or your loved ones, or myself or anyone for that matter to ever be put into that 'moment' that we can only imagine, a moment of panic and fear and pending doom when some crazy trys to take over an airliner,
I sure want to feel safe and that the airline that I just bought my ticket from will provide me with the safest possible flight.
I need to feel safe, I also need to feel respected, I need to feel appreciated as a customer as well.
The airline needs to do business, they need to make a profit, they need to provide safe travel.

Looks like we've got at a minimum, 6 basic needs that should be met.
Lets see if we, (the airlines and the customers) can do, through a cooperative effort, our combined best at providing these 6 basic needs.

1-Security clearances and background checks on all employees.
2-Access restrictions to areas by employee groupings.
3-Baggage inspection, thorough xray and sniffer inspections of all baggage, all baggage checked, no carryons.
4-Highly Qualified mechanics and techs, recertification yearly, continual training.
5-Elevated level of parts upgrades and replacements.
6-Locked cockpits, absolutely no access by cabin staff available, no exit by flight crew by a minimum of 10 minutes before leaving boarding area.
7-Trained and Armed flight crew.
8-Air Marshall (or private security) on each flight.
9-Passenger passes through metal detector and sniffer.
10-Passengers seat belts to be secured before leaving boarding area, seat belts are to be thoroughly and individually inspected before leaving boarding area, passenger seat belts are to remain locked through entire flight, passenger seat belts are only able to be released by staff at seat belt unlocking station, passenger seat belts are individually controlled.

Has our need for mutual safety been met?
With the 'built in' issues there will of course always be a chance of electrical or mechanical failure, but with elevated maintainence schedules and parts upgrades and replacements that occurance can be narrowed.
With 'built on' safety issues, we've eliminated items to access in the cabin, all bags are checked, we've employed state of the art metal detectors and explosive sniffing devices, we've secured our passengers comfortably for the entire flight with individually electronic controlled seat belts, (simply push the call button and an attendant will visit you, if you need access to the restroom, one passenger at a time can roam freely, OR one is directed forward and one aft)
We also have an armed air marshall or security person on board, and finally we have a secure cockpit with no access allowed from tarmac to tarmac.

No one has been touched, no one has been discriminated against, no one has been disrespected,
no one has been xrayed, no one has been treated as anything other than a passenger, a customer.

If we need extremes, and in some cases we do, and we will never know in which case that is,
if we need extremes, are these posted here sufficient?
Would these be effective, tolerable, and acceptable by the standards that both parties needs demand.
I personally believe yes.

www.sandia.gov...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Hahahaha. Well what about the people that want this? Where's their constitutional right???

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

Hahahaha. Well what about the people that want this? Where's their constitutional right???

Wait. What? How can you say your constitutional rights are being infringed just because you think something is a good idea? There isn't anything in the constitution that says you can have whatever you want just because you want it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Finally what I've been looking for someone who has a problem with the AIT but who actually has a solution in place. Very well put and a solution that is already in the making perhaps. Also don't take my unkind gestures to much out of context, this is toward a single poster whom won't give me solutions but only problems with the system already in place. Thank you for the well thought out effort.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

Well there's nothing saying the opposite then, that people who don't want this can get their way as well. It's a two sided coin here, some are willing to give up some small rights for higher safety. Others aren't, whats the right side? Neither it's all a fact of opinion. Also are you actually saying that the constitution wasn't implemented to give the people what they want?
edit on 23-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

The 4th Amendment states exactly what is expected of the government in this situation and no, the Constitution was not designed to give people whatever they want.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by 46ACE

(HAHA?) First off Its pointless having a discussion with someone comfortable with the term "consttutional rights"
The constitution does not grant any rights ( or else it could take them away and they'd be"priveleges" grantedby a sovereign).
Perhaps you should be the one seeking different transportation?
You can't impose upon us what is not in your power to impose unless you area terrorist in a cave with a tampon bomb.

added: This is where your education fails you: We don't live in a "democracy"! a democracy is"mob rule"where51%can vote themselves whatever they decide.
thefounders abhored democracy.
we live in a constitutional republic(a land of laws; not men.and the supreme law is the Constitution.)where the rights of the minority are protected from the mob.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"I think this is complete and utter bull, to me these devices stop more harm then they cause and the only reason people are getting patted down is because they refuse the scanner or set off the metal detector."

Since these machines do nothing to prevent fake state sponsored terrorist attacks like 9/11, the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber, I fail to see how they can prevent harm. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, since you know something most sensible people don't know.

"To anyone who will say these scanners cause cancer, brain disease, etc. I'd like you to post actual proof that you will gain a condition from these devices while only seldom having to walk through one."

Most people who do not have some sort of brain disease (such as being brain dead) know that these machines take years to test to determine their safety. You see, diseases due to radiation exposure often show up years later, not the next day. You are free to keep believing in TSA/Government sponsored fantasies though.

This may be hard for someone like you to believe, but not everyone enjoys getting felt up by some slimy stranger.
Nor does everyone enjoy having their bodies bombarded unnecessarily with radiation, having their privacy violated and having their Constitutional rights muscled away from them. Just because you obviously get your jollies from these things, doesn't mean that others do.

By the way, how's your partner Mr. Chertoff doing?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"It's a two sided coin here, some are willing to give up some small rights for higher safety. Others aren't, whats the right side?"

Simple. How about leaving people the #$%& alone already? Only mentally challenged morons with no self respect and power hungry greed driven dirtbags would approve of these degrading intrusions, which are all the result of an elaborately planned fake war on terror.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

I didn't say "whatever" they want but it is supposed to give people/the Majority what they want.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I'm not I'm part of the majority, THAT WANTS THIS. So there for the constitution was implemented for exactly that, to give the majority what they want. Still 88% to 12% last time I checked.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Ok so 88% of America is morons, thats a lot to say when your the minority.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by janon

I didn't say "whatever" they want but it is supposed to give people/the Majority what they want.

2nd line.

The Bill of Rights was written to protect the rights of the minority not the majority. I don't know where you learned anything about the Constitution but you should ask for your money back.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join