It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown disease outbreak, 13 reported dead...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I was offering a viewpoint

Stating something as fact isn't "offering a viewpoint", especially when you act as if someone is ignorant for simply asking for proof.

Jesus do some homework of your own. Many books, websites, etc.

None of which you've been able to provide. Why is that?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The reason I added my viewpoint to this thread is that when you release a pathogen into an open environment it's impossible to predict the side effects. So many different species of monkeys in Africa that have similar DNA to our own and you have 1 big ass incubator. Monkeys can carry the virus and never be symptomatic. It's possible to have a virus mutate in the host.

This outbreak may the result of a known pathogen mutation but it's not showing the usual markers. Ebola virus looks like a "Shepperds Staff". We will have to see what develops. I'm not trying to derail this thread or something. I get annoyed when people insist I'm pushing some agenda when I'm not. Just trying to contribute to the thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

It's called Google.

Try it!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

I did try Google. I have yet to find any of these "websites and books" you mentioned that offer proof of any superpower "always using" Africa to test "bioweapons".

Why can't you just post proof?
edit on 11/22/2010 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I give up with you. Do you at least agree that the US did testing on military and civilians without their knowledge? If yes then why are you having such a hard time believing that they would test these things on civilians in other countries. Or do you enjoy being combative?

I'm not selling any books or linking to my website(I don't even have one)

Does this statement make you happy then

"It is thought that isolated African villages were used during the early days of BIO/Chemical weapons development".

Are you missing the whole point?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the information OP. Very interesting! I shall be watching this situation closely over the coming weeks.

I concur with what previous posters have mentioned about 'The Hot Zone'. Excellent book that really puts you in the picture as to where things might end up in the era of global air travel and deforestation.

Know this - HIV/AIDS most likely originated from the clash of humans and apes in Africa. Viruses have been around for billions of years and like bacteria, will be here long after we have gone. They are the ultimate survivors and we know next to nothing about what's out there, lurking.

With rampant deforestation, burgeoning and encroaching human populations eating bushmeat (anything that moves, crawls, walks, flies), its only a matter of time before something jumps the species barrier and devestates humanity.

I'd put an odds on bet there'll be a global cataclysm that will seriously impact humanity between now and the end of the 21st century. Humanity cannot go on raping, pillaging and violating the natural world before the natural world bites back. Big style!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Does this statement make you happy then

"It is thought that isolated African villages were used during the early days of BIO/Chemical weapons development".

How about:

"It is thought by certain conspiracy theorists that isolated African villages were used during the early days of BIO/Chemical weapons development, however there is no evidence to support this, so it is purely supposition"

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I've got my eyes open on this one. I'm usually on the ball when it comes to viral outbraks.
“We were suspecting viral hemorrhagic infection, but results from Uganda Virus Research Institute have ruled out Ebola, Marburg and Lassa,” Okech said.
That quote is strange, because beides the viruses listed there are few with all those symptoms present. Also the isolation shelters that were set up to quarantine people raises a few red flags.
Anyways, I will be watching. Good post OP.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

My thoughts exactly, good old ebola

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

"We were suspecting viral hemorrhagic infection, but results from Uganda Virus Research Institute have ruled out Ebola, Marburg and Lassa,"

just sayn...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hahaha. US government confessed and apologized that they have infected Guatemalans with syphilis for research. So of course we can assume that it is not the only case.

I mean if I were in their position. Where to go for testing bio weapons, diseases and so on. Remote African villages, perfect.

Why do you think Haitians throw stones at UN vehicles and scream that they spread cholera. For no reason? Or they have had bad experience with them in the past.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
a few months ago there was a hoax from RSOE about sharks coming out of the water and carjacking people ~Heff

You mean that really didn't happen?
I was all a ruse?
That would have been so cool. Sorta like the Zombie scare we had a while back, here in the Lone Star State:

Traffic Zombies

Needless to say, it was a huge disappointment.

Let's hope the disease which is the topic of this thread is as unrealistic as the traffic zombies.
Car-jacking sharks are just too far up on the cool-factor to be unrealistic.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would be looking at Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever. The symptoms fit and so does the area.

Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever

S&F! Good find! With all the new superbugs out there, we do not need an epidemic of a hemorrhagic virus! We need to keep an eye on this.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

PRELIMINARY laboratory tests done by the Ministry of Health have revealed that the disease that killed 13 people in north eastern Uganda is dysentery.

“We have been investigating the deaths and we now know that this is amoebic dysentery. We are continuing with more tests,” the ministry publicist, Paul Kaggwa, told New Vision.

www.newvision.co.ug...

From a Uganda publication. Hmmmm...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I googled the situation and found someone posted a blog 11/15/10 that detailed the outbreak. I don't have the link because the site causes my browser to crash.

Anyway, my point is I don't think this is spiraling out of control. At least not yet. I hope it stays that way and am sorry for those who have suffered.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Protostellar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ANOTHER EXPERIMENT OUT OF CONTROL?????????IS IT SAFE TO EAT EGGS NOW???? NO MORE'SALMONELLA'????????

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

Dysentery causes

That could be the case, but I would have thought that since it is a known disease, why would they have to send samples to Atlanta. Either this news is true or to reassure locals...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Im not jumping on you or nothing to be "that guy" but I was curious about your statement regarding Africa being a test ground for bio weapons. That being said do you have any places I could look at to read about this type of activity?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Africa has always been a testing ground for the Superpowers BIO-weapons program as they can infect an isolated village and observe and contain if necessary.

Source, please.

Bit of a silly request...you know there will be no source that would carry a topic such as this that would satisfy you.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vio1ion
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

Dysentery causes

That could be the case, but I would have thought that since it is a known disease, why would they have to send samples to Atlanta. Either this news is true or to reassure locals...

Something is curious about the way it was handled. It being a propaganda piece crossed my mind too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join