It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown disease outbreak, 13 reported dead...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
From (click "event description"): RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service

According to Okech, the affected persons have high fever, vomit blood, pass bloody stools, and also bleed from other openings like the nose and ears.

"We were suspecting viral hemorrhagic infection, but results from the Uganda Virus Research Institute have ruled out Ebola, Marburg, and Lassa," Okech said. He said samples from the affected persons have now been flown to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

I can't find any corroboration for this on the CDC or WHO websites. I am trying to remember the specifics, but a few months ago there was a hoax from RSOE about sharks coming out of the water and carjacking people (honestly) which suggested the site is either not secure or doesn't review what is posted to it.

I will keep looking for corroboration for this though, as this is a bit more realistic than the shark event.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The bleeding part at least sounds like Ebola; hope they contain it, before it spreads farther...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's entirely possible that it's a new disease, based on the symptoms it does sound like Ebola. Africa has always been a testing ground for the Superpowers BIO-weapons program as they can infect an isolated village and observe and contain if necessary.

We'll have to see what develops.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Vio1ion

I can't find any corroboration for this on the CDC or WHO websites. I am trying to remember the specifics, but a few months ago there was a hoax from RSOE about sharks coming out of the water and carjacking people (honestly) which suggested the site is either not secure or doesn't review what is posted to it.

I will keep looking for corroboration for this though, as this is a bit more realistic than the shark event.

~Heff

HA! You remember that, I thought I was losing it when I posted it... but anyway, yeah we have to now be careful, they have been infiltrated in the past.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Africa has always been a testing ground for the Superpowers BIO-weapons program as they can infect an isolated village and observe and contain if necessary.

Source, please.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
here is what i found

allafrica.com...

"We were suspecting viral hemorrhagic infection, but results from Uganda Virus Research Institute have ruled out Ebola, Marburg and Lassa," Okech said. He said samples from the affected persons have now been flown to the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta.

www.newvision.co.ug...

About 20 cases have been reported in Abim district. In neighbouring Agago district, five cases have been reported in the sub-counties of Omiya P’Chua and Paimol, which border Abim district. The victims develop high fever, vomit blood, pass bloody stool and also bleed from other openings like the nose and ears.

www.globalpost.com...

“We do not know what we are dealing with, we do not know what is happening, so we must respect the new measures which have been put in place,” said Dr. Emmanuel Otto, a health officer in Agago district, which has also been affected by the disease.

seems like its for real :S

edit on 21-11-2010 by angrydog because: adds

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Have you not seen Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman? That's a good source for you to check out

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Africa has always been a testing ground for the Superpowers BIO-weapons program as they can infect an isolated village and observe and contain if necessary.

By super powers do you mean US,UK & other European countries? Based off that logic who is to say this was not done by either Iran, Syria or North Korea? Maybe this just happened? Not everything is a conspiracy!n Hmmmmm as another poster quoted sources for this please!
edit on 21-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Great work Angrydog! And I do agree that this means that the OP's source has it right this time. Now comes the frightening, dawning reality that we might be seeing a new hemorrhagic virus...

Scary, scary stuff.

And OP.. Awesome find! Kudos!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

thank you

well for the ebola...i think this part is interesting..

"We were suspecting viral hemorrhagic infection, but results from Uganda Virus Research Institute have ruled out Ebola, Marburg and Lassa,"

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
you know what this probably means right?
ZOMBIE OUTBREAK

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I can try to wish this not to be true, but if it is I hope it remains an isolated incident. This could spread quickly if not contained properly.

BTW, based on some downers now entering, I'm glad I got here to add my two cents before it gets crazy!.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as it is VERY important. S&F.

Peace, NRE,

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think i read this book...

The Stand by Stephen King..

now that's damn scary...

hope it is isolated...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hope it isn't gonna be all hyped up like the Swine Flu. Trying to make me get a vaccine with loads of mercury, GTFO, I'm not buying it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
About a month ago a friend of mines other collapsed on some stairs. She then started to bleed uncontrolably from the rear. He told me they found her in a pool of blood, but she was still alive. They rushed her to the hospital were she still did not stop bleeding. The had to give her blood as she was losing so much. The doctors did not know what was wrong with her, so they sent her away to a bigger hospital. Doctors there still did not know what was wrong, even to peform surgery. Dye was put in her and some scan was done to see were the rapture was. They closed it up, but it kept re openeing after surgey. Thanksfully now she is out of hospital and doing well. The fact she lost that much blood (doctors claim they have never seen anyone lose that much blood) and the doctors having NO IDEA how she was bleeding like that. Friend told me his other lost few bags of blood, and that the doctors didnt know how she survived losing that much blood, even though she was being pumped with blood by the docs. Perhaps same case?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

where was your friend located?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

It sounds like your friend may be anemic or thrombocytopenic, which can be incredibly hard to treat when the patient has injuries and/or is losing blood at the time. Did you ever hear about bloodwork coming back on your friend?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

The jungle is the ideal incubator for new viruses and bacteria evolving amongst a large variety of hosts. Add to that the growing needs of the local economy and population which increases demographic movements and these pathogens will eventually mutate and get a free ride on Humans Airlines.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

I could almost say this news didn't go viral...
or

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join