It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown disease outbreak, 13 reported dead...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This could still be serious - they need to find the reason for the dysentary. I hope they rule out anything epedemic in Atlanta. Most likely hygiene conditions in the area but being so many died close together is suspicious.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

This is shaping up to be a very interesting situation in many ways. A quick google search highlights an exceptional bit of pure BS:

Date: Thu 18 Nov 2010
Source: New Vision (Uganda) [edited]
www.newvision.co.ug...

Abim deaths due to dysentery
----------------------------
Preliminary laboratory tests done by the Ministry of Health have revealed that the disease that killed 13 people in northeastern Uganda is dysentery.

FYI - Dysentery does NOT cause symptoms of Hemorrhagic fever.

...As per usual, lots of special interests pushing their agendas, protecting their profits. Good luck sorting it out - but well worth watching.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I was offering a viewpoint

Stating something as fact isn't "offering a viewpoint", especially when you act as if someone is ignorant for simply asking for proof.

Jesus do some homework of your own. Many books, websites, etc.

None of which you've been able to provide. Why is that?

I believe... And I would add, since I have no proof... You are dragging this thread off topic... Possibly, maybe, could be, it is not outside of the realm of possibility... Deliberately. (Please note the use of the ambiguous since again... no proof...) In my opinion (just an opinion/point of view mind) you are being a sanctimonious jerk and should shut it.

*smiles in seeming ignorance of the obviously vast intellect before me*

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Could be a cholera outbreak since the haitians came hereand infected us.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
not sure what to think of this, but still wanted to post in this thread to remember when one of my coworkers start to bleed from their holes unexplainably

As for the African testing.... well Saddam was doing that with Sarin for a western company didn't he ?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

This is a great book highlighting Bush Sr's arming of Iraq and how US gov't agriculture programs were used illegally to funnel money into Saddam's WMD program. Funny how that works.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What a strange thing to come across on the Facebook feed after I just got done playing Left 4 Dead 2. A game about a highly infectious disease and some of the infected vomit all over the place set in an area roughly equal to Atlanta, isn't it?
So that is a strange coincidence.

No, I'm not running full throttle into a OMG ZOMBIEZZZZ piece here. Just noting something I found kinda funny.
Anyway, I hope this is all squared away in due time. That would have to be a terrible way to go.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
This could still be serious - they need to find the reason for the dysentary. I hope they rule out anything epedemic in Atlanta. Most likely hygiene conditions in the area but being so many died close together is suspicious.
I'm so serious that this is NOT SERIOUS. I'LL START, to worry when it reaches 100000 and gets into america. 13 people, what a joke, and you call this an outbreak. I think you better worry about the common flu that infects more than a 2 million people a year. NOW THAT, IS , an outbreak called the common flu bug.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This may be a stretch... but did anybody else notice that the outbreak location is at 33 degrees longitude? Couldn't help but think of the possibility of a viral release when I saw that. Like I said, it's a stretch but worth noting.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I hope people don't die and get re-animated ;D i hope i dont have to pull my gun out.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

The numbers you are speaking of would not be referred to as an outbreak, or even an epidemic. They would be indicative of a pandemic. So the phrasing of the OP is technically correct and is not hyperbolic.

Most of the most frightening viruses do not kill many people... Those like Ebola, Hantavirus, and Marburg, to name a few, are not feared because they've killed millions. They are feared because of factors such as mortality rates and communicability within a community.

These pathogens have the potential to become pandemics if they were to undergo certain mutations that would allow them to become more prone to transmission.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This sounds like dengue fever. I live in Asia, I have had a few friends get it, if you are healthy it sucks but it doesn't kill you. In un-healthy people you bleed out of all your orifices along with a very high fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, skin rashes and it can be fatal. In healthy people you have a high fever with severe cramping, a rash, maybe some bloody stools, swelling of your hands and feet to the point of cracking and bleeding. It sucks but it doesn't kill healthy people.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just saw an episode of Jesse Ventura's "CONSPIRACY THEORY" --I think that's the title of the show. It's straight-forward and informative. Jesse doesn't take crap, to put it bluntly. This episode centered around government biological warfare labs ALL OVER OUR COUNTRY. In fact, they are planning to move one of the most dangerous labs (where many believe Lime Disease was concocted and infected into ticks ala a Nazi warfare program experiment) near Long Island right into the borders of Kansas City.

The show had a map of our country. They had red dots where there were active government biological research labs. Those red dots covered our country. *Everywhere.*

Why do I point this out? Because if OUR government has these kinds of labs all over the place, conducting experiments on who-knows-what, do you think that they might have created some new viruses, new diseases, new agents? Do you think they might have killed off some of the biochemists involved in these creations, --in order to preserve the secrecy? Sure. And, sure. In the last decade, an extraordinary amount of biochemists have died in unusual ways: falling asleep on train tracks, unusual suicides, and outright strange murders. Google it.

Something is amiss. Ever hear of what is called "Mogellon's Disease?" I might be misspelling it, and it's too late to look it up. Try googling that. Www.EarthFiles.com, run by Linda Moulton Howe has a search field where you can learn more about it. She has many reports on this disease that causes strange fibers of different colors to grow and protrude from one's skin. It's bizarre. It's out there. People are suffering.

My point: there are a LOT of *new* "diseases" out here now. It's quite possible that they have been created in government labs and by design or accident or *designed accident* they have been released into the public.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is not dysentery as in plain old nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. This is Amoebic dysentery and the 2 are quite different.

Amoebic dysentery is caused from an amoeba which is a parasite. Here is more on Amoebic dysentery.
amoebic dysentery

Thanks,
Pax

edit on 23-11-2010 by paxnatus because: to fix link

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Dont you always hate it when a good hemorragic fever thread disintigrates into another old amoebic dysentary thread?
The WHO.(world Health Org)has been accused of spreading disease through massive innocculations in Afica for different stuff....
And who better to try out stuff fur the NWO?
just sayin....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Africa has always been a testing ground for the Superpowers BIO-weapons program as they can infect an isolated village and observe and contain if necessary.

Source, please.

That is common knowledge, but even if it were not, why do you ask for a source while you are sitting at a computer? Why don't you simply google what you are curious about and teach yourself something? I just do not see how anyone can find the act of asking for a source for a claim, and then waiting for a reply, a more effective use of time and energy than looking it up for themselves...especially while they are using the computer...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso

It's like I said on the second page. If I had solid evidence I would either be a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist or dead. Some people on this site want everyone to do the work for them and put no effort into things themselves. And some people are just combative for the sake of being combative.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Don't be in denial who do you think released AIDS into Africa years ago? It sure wasn't any country from the middle east.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Erm.

Even amoebic dysentery doesn't mimic hemorrhagic fever, and patients do NOT bleed from other openings like the nose and ears. Not to mention the skin.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Life is always scary when you realize how incredibly robust and fragile it is.

Our society is very robust and very efficient in terms of communication. I'm not talking about cell phones - I'm talking about the "six degrees of separation." It's a sort of mathematical concept that, at most, six people stand between you and another person.

Numerous studies have been done involving this - including several experiments where packages were dropped off in random places around the globe. The challenge was to relay the package back to a given person using only people you know. Within six exchanges, the package always makes it back to the designated person using only personal relationships.

Whether we realize it or not, it's a law that governs everything from cellular chemistry to our power grid and highway system. It is node-based networking. You may only know a few people - but you have almost direct contact with someone who is a 'node' - a person who knows other people. By using these nodes, we can transition information quickly and efficiently regardless of how large the network becomes.

This works against us in the way of outbreaks/pandemics. Mathematical studies were done regarding transmission of pathogens. The focus was mostly on air travel - the moment any infectious agent hit an international airport - it was unstoppable despite any measures taken. Since most illnesses caused by pathogens have substantial incubation times and subtle symptoms of onset while remaining communicable - this means any outbreak has the potential to become a world-wide pandemic before the first person ever gets admitted to the hospital with symptoms.

It's a truly terrifying prospect.

Let's say it's a virus with a 20% infection rate and a 2% mortality rate - you're looking at 1/5 of the population of any given country getting sick and potentially requiring hospitalization. Most hospitals already operate at or near full capacity - that should give you an indication of how absolutely mind-boggling that is going to be. Then, you figure one out of every 250 people will die - or, for a nation like America, about 1.5 million people - a very small percentage of the population, but way beyond what we are prepared to deal with. Bodies would stack up in the streets.

Interestingly enough - more people would die from collateral than the actual pandemic. Some will lock themselves in their homes and seal it with duct-tape and other creative attempts to prevent infection, only to suffocate. Rioting will break out - some people will refuse to go to work, and if the power starts to go out due to lack of support from workers; you can kiss modern, civilized life goodbye. About the longest we can expect order to be maintained is three days. That is about the average amount of food on-hand in any given household. After that - looting and gang warfare start up and begin to overwhelm law enforcement (if they aren't busy getting their families out of harm's way - or attempting to do so).

So, yeah - they over-react to a lot of things... but it doesn't take a killer virus to threaten modern society - it only takes one that scares us into not performing our duties. Look at public reaction to Swine Flu. What do you think would have happened if it was a more infectious virus and had a lethality above 0.01%?

Honestly - if I had to deal with an emerging pandemic, I would issue vaccines that were, honestly, just saline solution just to make people feel like they can go to work. That may sound somewhat cruel - but far more people will die in the attrition following collapse of modern society if people lose faith in the concept of society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join