It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA News Helicopter makes emergency landing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

LA News Helicopter makes emergency landing

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8eb0e4e6c223.jpg[/atsimg]

PACOIMA — A Los Angeles TV news helicopter has been damaged in an emergency landing but the pilot and cameraman are uninjured.

Sister stations KCAL9 and CBS2 report that engine failure forced the hard landing about 8 a.m. Friday at Whiteman Airpark in the Pacoima.

Pilot Derek Bell says that as soon as the Eurocopter's engine began to fail he began autorotation and quickly brought the craft known as Sky 9 back to the airfield.

The helicopter's tail struck the ground and broke off but the craft landed upright on its skids.

www.dailynews.com...

well if that just ain't the darndest coincidence
I ever did see. A LA news chopper has engine
failure and makes emergency landing ripping
off it's tail section.
Talk about conspiracies???
How many others have TPTB silenced
because they saw too much ????
The good news is that Gil Leyvas the cameraman
who recorded the missile launch was not
onboard at the time.

Something smells fishy here.

UPDATE: Correction, it was NOT the same helicopter
that recorded the LA Missile footage but was from the
same news channel.
edit on 11/12/2010 by boondock-saint because: updated info

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
kinda gives a lot more credibility to
the video footage being of a missile
than a plane now doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What are the chances, a coincidense surely, but 1 chopper making the news twice in a week is odd.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If it was an assassination attempt, I expect it would have been more carefully planned to get the supposed target. I doubt it was an assassination attempt.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
this post deleted
found out the info was
false.

sorry

edit on 11/12/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So that is what my girlfriend meant last night when she said I should stop learning about things that no one wants to know or some dude in a black suit will make sure I dodn't make it home one night

Seriously though... if I were that cameraman I'd be considering a nice long vacation somewhere really isolated.

Jump on a small plane dude... I dare you... Hahahaha!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tigital

yep, this is a prime example
u don't mess in matters of Nat. Secirity
without meeting some sort of accident.
And I believe it was meant to look like
an accident.

Who knows?? maybe Gil called in sick today !!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We'll never know what really happened here, but wow, no problems with the coptor until this week, sure wreaks of conspiracy.
So how long for the debunkers....3, 2, 1

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Oh man that is sick.

Those two need some kind of protection, quick

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
from looking at the damage done
and the tail section gone, I think
these 2 people are very lucky
to be alive right now.

I think Pilot Derek Bell did a hell of
a job getting it down as safely as
he did.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What are you on about? Its just a coincedence!!!
Heck, I've won Lotto 5 Times, now whats the odds of that???
An no, it has nothing to do with the fact my grandad owns the lottery..

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't believe in coincidences.
Now, even less so.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Are you subtlely trying to fulfill my prediction?

Yeah, they just might need protection.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Are you subtlely trying to fulfill my prediction?
Yeah, they just might need protection.

I think Mr. Gil Leyvas life just changed forever
maybe I'm wrong. But he has opened up a
can of worms that can't be closed. His video
is viral and so is his name.

best wishes to Gil

he's gonna need it

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Do you have the original clip that was shown?
All the others have been altered and that new bit added which just looks so out of place.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Agreed.

Don't know what the PTB were afraid of though, the video is viral as you say, not much more Gil could do to make his story worse for them. Unless, they were going to go film flight 808 again today.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Maybe they were just trying to shake them up. It would of been REALLY odd for it to just blow up.

Or maybe this crew is seeking ALOT of attention but I would expect they get attention all ready in their chases and such.. So this is either

A. An accident.
B. Scare tactic from TPTB
C. Attention seeking crew

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Poster who;s girlfriend made the comment about some guy in a black suit making sure you don't make it home one night... My girlfriend is NOT a conspiracy type either and she is scared too...

She and my Mother are my barometer for the true level of danger and issues going on as a balance to my conspiratorial view....

Only problem is recently my mom is now REMINDING ME to maintain Operational Security and not talk about politics or any number of other subjects over the phone or where I can be overheard....

I now see people in public when they want to say something critical of the government or that disagrees with what the news is saying they get quiet and put their heads together to relay the information looking around the whole time to see who might be listening or watching...

These are normal people!! I see this at Denny's and ON THE STREET!! This is not good when AVERAGE AMERICANS are FEARFUL to even openly criticize or question the powers that be because they KNOW they can end up hurt dead or losing everything.

The climate of fear and the open HOSTILITY and utter willingness to BUST HEADS has been conveyed at a level that is UNPRECEDENTED in american history! it's been a slippery slope slide starting with the Clinton Years and their attacks on "Militia movements" but as long as you weren't some kind of "gun nut" you had no reason to worry! and people would make fun of you if you did worry. Then Bush came into office and Patriot act came in term 1 and you still had most people saying if you haven't done anything wrong you have no reason to worry!! Then you had Term 2 and all of a sudden we start hearing about "DOMESTIC TERRORISM" and it's obvious that the real meaning of that is people who make waves and people got more uneasy but would still speak their mind...

Now we come to this administration and we see that things have changed... FEAR is EPIDEMIC and its COMMONLY UNDERSTOOD that being heard being too critical or too vocal is ALL IT TAKES to end up being targeted and losing your life liberty and physical possessions etc GUILTY OF SOMETHING OR NOT

I am DEEPLY saddened by this turn of events to HEAR the FEAR in my MOTHER'S voice. A woman who wouldn't do VIOLENCE to a spider... This turn of events is WRONG but also a warning sign.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Can I ask someone to explain to me what the point of killing them would be?

It's a bit late you know. I just can't see how it's supposed to accomplish anything other than start a.. zoinks, CONSPIRACY!!!!

Speaking of being in the news twice in a week, Qantas have had a number of dud planes in the last week. I guess that makes them the safest in the business, since apparently a chopper that has never had a malfunction finally malfunctioning, is a sign to get life insurance...

Oh and 3, 2, 1... DROLL...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
KCBS / KCAL own 2 helicopters.

Sky2 caught the alleged missile footage.
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Sky9 is the one that crashed. Photos of Sky9 on the tarmac taken by Sky2:
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Wow... am I correcting the Huff post? Maybe I should take up a career in investigative journalism?

edit on 11/12/2010 by abecedarian because: I did in 5 minutes what they couldn't?

<<   2  3 >>

join