It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has found something shocking on the Moon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I see images of objects on the Moon and Mars, but nobody ever makes any effort to determine
the size of them. Would be nice to know the approximate dimensions of that thing.

It's big enough to be visible from Earth, maybe even with the naked eye if it's on the right side. (I can't tell from the flattened image.)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

ah them pigeons again....

Some are flat, some are round, some are long and curved. Some catch the light, flickering as they tumble, others don't. Some appear suddenly as they drift out of the spacecraft's shadow into the bright sun. It is a visual kaleidoscope of unearthly -- but to experienced spacefarers, entirely prosaic -- apparitions.

www.space.com...

Moon Pigeons

Unfortunately an original copy of the report could not be obtained and the photographs in this copy are unusable and were not included here.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

NASA is funded by the U.S. National government (public money). While they sometimes deal with technology classified as Secret from defense contractors that make their equipment - the vast majority is Unclassified non-restricted.

The reason people believe NASA airbrushes evidence of alien or intelligent life on the Moon is due to the fact that no alien artifacts or bases appear in the pictures of the moon. Therefor - they must have been airbrushed out, because it has been preconcluded that aliens would build structures on our moon and every other planetoid they could reach. A lack of evidence is, somehow, used to rationalize the existence of a cover-up.

Other sources of the notion that NASA is involved in a cover-up has to do with the way images of the Moon are transferred and received. Since no physical media is transferred - it is all done by wireless communications. Various glitches in this process have resulted in artifacts - particularly on older photos, that appear as block-like blurs of repeated pixels. This is seen as a picture someone "forgot" to doctor, or as an attempt to hide something that is there (because the airbrush that is allegedly the default tool is not available). To be honest - I'm not sure how one can honestly believe NASA is part of a well orchestrated cover-up if they are logically looking at the case.

It all appears very convincing at first - especially when you believe an organization such as NASA or the Federal Government can have a unified and coherent set of objectives and goals.

However, there are more than enough photos of strange formations and other oddities to really make the claim that NASA airbrushes its photos - or even attempts to hide things present in the photos it releases. It is a safer bet to say that - if NASA has, indeed, encountered things that it feels should remain a secret - the entire photo is with-held, not air-brushed. Anything of that nature would be assigned a classification level and become subject to the rules and guidelines of that classification level.

As for what the Chinese have found - it's a rather interesting crater and set of craters, to be sure. Or mountains... it's kind of hard to see what the topography is doing with such a strange parallax that comes with satellite photos. I think the Chinese tabloids are looking for disclosure as much as your average ATS forum member is, it would seem.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Houston....... the rice bird has landed!

Naaaa...... doesn't quit have the same ring to it

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Its just mean , "The Americans did a mosaic over the lunar photos that they have taken."
Nothing much to it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by blaenau2000

NASA is funded by the U.S. National government (public money). While they sometimes deal with technology classified as Secret from defense contractors that make their equipment - the vast majority is Unclassified non-restricted.

A lack of evidence is, somehow, used to rationalize the existence of a cover-up.

Thank You for the reply,

Its not the lack of evidence I am worried about, Its the fact that NASA airbrushes photos and videos so there aint no evidence there is what I am worried about. WHY?
The more I am reading about the moon landing and earlier photos the more i wonder, why edit and airbrush anything out?
And dont say that NASA dont lie? I have evidence on this forum that proves they have lied before so why not again?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

OP, could you kindly add in your post that the translation of "rice bird" is wrong so as to correct this mistake? Through my lurking so far in this site, I have learnt that people comment based on what they see on the first page and neglect all other discussion till then.

Kindly refer to my translation on page 6. thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The word "Pigeon" translate " bird" in the chinese article. EXIST.
It is a term coined to describe detection of ANOMALIES on Lunar soil.

From James Oberg web site www.jamesoberg.com...

"Moon Pigeon" is a term coined by MSC structural engineers to describe unexpected objects seen in operational photography

edit on 12-11-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm a Chinese and if the article meant to say that something that's related to "birds" "pigeons" , it ain't supposed to be coined in this manner. In Chinese, we do not have such code names especially in such tabloids unless it was pulled out from foreign news and translated directly. But in this case, it doesn't prove the case.

Edit - in the article on the moon pigeons, if the article is meant to highlight the point on "moon pigeons" , the article contributor would have used "鸽子“ Ge Zi (Pigeon) to refer to the concept of unidentified photographed objects. Bird in this sense would be too generic and for any Chinese readers whom this article is penned for , would not have understood the meaning of this as this concept is not prevalent in their society.
edit on 12-11-2010 by XenonTX because: explanation on pigeons

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XenonTX

Hey You speak Chinese?

What does this name translate to in english?

理查德霍格兰

And this one:

理查德霍格蘭

*It is the same name, but it is I used both options on google translate. I just want to know how they come out on your end after translating back to English.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XenonTX

Thanks for your great contribution Xenon.

Your traslation is more than correct.

中共中央、国务院、中央军委对嫦娥二号工程任务取得圆满成功发贺电,并且举行规格非常高的庆功会,温家� �总理亲自出席并揭幕照片。这么高的规格,这么隆重的庆功会,非同一般,绝对有故事。

China Communist Central, National Assembly and Chinese Army Committee (pardon on the names) sent congratulation telegraphs over the success of the Chang'e Lunar Mission, and organized a grand celebration function. Wen Jiabao personally attended this function to reveal the photo. (or it may mean to open up the function). Such a grand and high profiled function are not normal and definitely have something behind this event.

A rumor has it that the Chang'e Lunar Exploration found a mysterious object similiar to what NASA have found. Said to be some unbelievable object. The internal committee had a big disparity over this and those important national leaders have all came and viewed it. It is freaking/#ing astonishing, finally know what the # the americans are afraid of. There are important figures who wants to reveal this finding but the forces that oppose this is huge as well.

( kindly note, bird in chinese/ mandarian relates to cock/dick. Which is similar to saying, " what the # that they are afraid of " rather than , "what bird that they are afraid of." )

米国人 - translation would turn this out to be "rice country people" or something. But i summarize it the poster might be typing without editing as it should be 美 "mei" instead of 米 "mi" for americans.

TMD - a short form for a chinese vulgar , a " honorable" way of asking for ur mom.

After all this is a sidestory on the news, you can't expect the language to be in proper chinese or without vulgar to be able to run through a translator.

I can't edit my first post. no more. Maybe the MOD.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Maybe nobody has come up with the before and after shots as they only get the afters and never the befores?
If NASA or whoever is editing the photos before releasing them then surely there will only be the edited version out there for people to see.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

理查德霍格兰

理查德霍格蘭

Both reads Richard "logarlan" ( but i presume it should mean Logan)

蘭 - normally associated with 蘭花,flower.

Either two would do. But the first one is easier to write, its the simplified form of 蘭.
edit on 12-11-2010 by XenonTX because: Wrong explanation.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by doogle

So they either found a flock of pigeons, a giant dick or evidence of ancient civilizations?

I am totally lostHope it isn't the giant dick thing though cuz hot dam if I ain't already insecure enough as it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XenonTX

理查德霍格兰

理查德霍格蘭

Both reads Richard "logarlan" ( but i presume it should mean Logan)

Take the first one , as for the second , the last character is associated with females rather than male which your name would indicate.

Richard Hoagland..............?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yup.

It was Richard Hoagland. I just wanted to see how his name would sound.

Thanks Xenon.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Welcome , messed up on the 霍 (Huo) word though.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

An old clip that one which has been well and truly analysed, but to re-iterate:

The "thing" taken off of the moon is nothing of the sort it is merely an artifact/dust on the camera. This is why it is at exactly the same position (x,y pixels) in all frames....of the original, not the pan and zoomed version!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This article may be intended to "spin" allegations that the Chang'e probes are fake. Further, the Chinese answer to ATS has discovered "evidence" of discrepancies between NASA and CNSA images.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6fe273830f3.jpg[/atsimg]
Danwei

Following an earlier online rumor that suggested that CNSA had lost contact with Chang'e, a theory surfaced in chat rooms that the photo unveiled on 26 November had been copied from an earlier lunar image taken by the NASA. Essentially, netizens were accusing the space agency of covering up the loss of the probe by passing off a Google Moon image as the crowning achievement of the Chang'e I project....

Unfortunately for the space program, China's triumphant lunar photo may actually have a more serious problem. In a thread on the Shanghai Astronomical Observatory BBS, someone going by the name of "Beautiful Eyes" (美的眼睛) presented a convincing argument that errors were made when individual photos were stitched together to form the full image.

The US photo, as obtained from Google Moon, shows a large crater with a smaller crater just inside the left edge, and another small crater just outside the upper-right edge. Chang'e's photo shows a large crater with a smaller crater inside the left edge, alongside a second large crater with a small crater just outside its upper-right edge.

Details here.

Just as glasnost saw the proliferation of supernatural and New Age publications in Russia, China's experiment with free speech is resulting in news stories about UFOs and lunar anomalies. These topics are sensationalistic but politically safe.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The article doesn't mention which probe took the image that they are attributing to 'google moon'.

*The allegation was that the Chinese released an image from the Clementine probe as their own.

edit on 12-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join