It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has found something shocking on the Moon?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That story you linked is very old.

"Posted by Joel Martinsen, December 4, 2007 3:21 PM"

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

Yes, but it may be relevant to the rumors mentioned in the OP.
Line 2.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The article doesn't mention which probe took the image that they are attributing to 'google moon'.

Google Moon is a composite of many images from different sources, all digitally manipulated to provide consistent angle of illumination. That is why it is completely useless for serious investigation. The point is that there have been rumors in China that CNSA has been altering or faking their photos, just as there are rumors that NASA does the same thing. The article in the OP seems to be alluding to this.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Why does NASA airbrush anything out?

They don't.

It is yet another Internet Urban Myth, and some people get their jollies by repeating it, and watching the really gullible people wet their pants getting excited about it.

Kinda cruel, if you ask me. It's like taunting a child for believing in Santa Claus. Cruel.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Mystery skeptic, your an idiot! No mystery there!

China's space programe is coming along fine. Off course the are years behind Usa/russia when it comes to spcae, bu at least they are trying, and the will be on the moon most prob before any other country in the future. So, good on them. And stop with the Human rights rubbish! People like you (clueless) do my head in!

Trying is one thing, but then you have a celebration and decide to show a picture that has conspirators oohing and awing?
So ooh and ahh,
But I want to know why they are mapping out the moon? is it for future exploration or to call out a NASA picture?
Why are they stalling about their mission? Show us the pictures(their pictures)?? Why have a conference and only show old NASA pictures??
And then they choose one that has some controversy surrounding it? What really is their mission?
If they really do have a clear picture of the "Anomaly", at least show us THEIR picture with it blacked out, smudged out or pixelated out. But they use an old NASA picture?? Come On!!
It's a game, and if you want to play it fine. But some real pictures and real video of "their" mission would be the way to do things. They might as well have a celebration conference and show a bunch of slides from national geographic.

Next if you think it's free over there, I wish you were right. I wish it for the good people over there.
I wish as simple as they didn't have to breath that dark smog that they created and have no desire to do anything to improve the conditions.
so believe what you want, all I ever ask is show proof so we then can give a thumbs up to whom ever succeeds.

You my friend have never traveled to places you couldn't freely talk because you have only talked where you can call people names because you have proven that. So keep your blinders on and you will be safe.
Ask google all about the restrictions of free search, we haven't even got to talk about free speech.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Probably something left for us by the people who also built this IMO

Watch this space... Nasa will most likely start blabbing if they think the chinese have got something, hurry up already i say
edit on 12-11-2010 by BRITWARRIOR because: Spelling duhhh

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XenonTX

Thanks for that excellent translation.

Now, I'm wondering why no one else is asking what I found obvious, and very odd.....

WHY would an official Chinese Government announcement of that sort use vulgar language???

Or, did I misunderstand the part about # yourself, and such???

Does that sort of writing not cast doubt on its veracity, at all??

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
I would like to welcome our new ...

RICE BIRD OVERLORDS !

:

LOL, you made my day. Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"Its a Uranium Pew-36 Explosive Space modulator." It was lost from a Romulan battle cruiser scout, during its recent visit to the moon.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000

It would be NASA contractors who are doing the image manipulation.

But you were close enough.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

They don't.

It is yet another Internet Urban Myth, and some people get their jollies by repeating it, and watching the really gullible people wet their pants getting excited about it.

Kinda cruel, if you ask me. It's like taunting a child for believing in Santa Claus. Cruel.

Nasa do it. Always.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and by the way: "There is Santa Claus on the Moon!" A really strange "Santa Claus" but he is up there.

Confirmed by Astronauts....

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Rice Bird = American Eagle

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc61c415f190.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Im sorry, but I really dont believe that at all. Can you explain what the blurring effect is over many, many NASA and Clementine images that magically appear right where there is obviously something on the surface- most times casting a shadow? I might buy it if this blurring occurred randomly in empty parts of the frame, but its a bit too much of a coincidence that it only happens over anomalies.

I really am open to conversion if you can provide me with a believable story.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Ummmmm....OK, funny joke. That ridiculous OP you linked, I mean. The premise, as presented by the author, is bunk. However, I am proud to say the thread, as it wove its course, did an excellent job of totally demolishing that punk kid know-nothing upstart from Down Under....

...and I know very, very well about Mr. Claus, and the Moon. He was only there once, though....back in 1968, just before Christmas. He was there to make sure the Apollo 8 crew (first manned circum-lunar navigation flight) made it back home safely......

He doesn't visit the Moon anymore, didn't care for it, kind of boring he thought.

"Eh, it's OK if you like that sort of thing." Santa was heard to comment. "But, after its stark beauty wears off, it really lacks personality....there's just no atmosphere there....".

edit on 12 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

They don't.

They do..hell, they even admit to it.
They airbrushed out the famous earth from the moon pic to make it a pretty picture.

Granted, not what you were intending to state...however, that is airbrushing done by nasa, proven, admitted, and therefore your general sweeping statement is provably false.

Might want to tighten up on your statements next time.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tackelberry
"Its a Uranium Pew-36 Explosive Space modulator." It was lost from a Romulan battle cruiser scout, during its recent visit to the moon.

Sometimes it's funny to have some slightly off topic joke posts in a thread, for example the rice bird pigeon ufo picture!... however if people post similar jokes every 3 posts, it becomes tedious when attempting to catch up on a thread, especially when running on restricted time during the day. I wish people would stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
and for my thoughts on the thread itself...

well, I for one welcome our rice bird alien overlords, may feathers and rice rule over the hoomans for a thousand years.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee
I wish people would stay on topic.

The topic is...China released a picture of the moon with a blur spot...

thats pretty much it...anything else by anyone on the board is simple speculation...be it a battlecruiser, a donut, or just a blurry rock

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by babylonstew
this is something that will bare watching imo
lets hope there is smeone on ats that can make a better translation.
nice find op

This is potentially the greatest discovery since 2min noodles.

Can you imagine it, a Rice Bird!!

Chicken fried rice just got a whole lot easier my friends.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'll be watching this story for updates. Any idea if it was found on the dark side of the moon or the light side? I've been suspicious of the moon for a while now. The idea that a space station is on the moon is far fetched, because I don't know that we have the technology to do that, but it could be alien. that might be more believable.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join