It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War footage (graphic)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
dribble

are you people even aware of what you are saying?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Nice editing job here, not really but good attempt. Where in this video do you actually see marines cheering????? The shooter looks serious. Checking the area to make sure the insurgent is no longer a threat. Some people see the insurgent crawling away and unarmed and wounded. Thanks to CNN and their cut scenes, one is left with more questions than a direct sence of what is happening here. There is a weapon less than a foot from the insurgent. He is lying with his hand on the weapon at the start of this tape. Then he rolls over..perhaps playing with a grenade or shuffling in his pockets for more ammo...who knows... cut in scene...and the iraqi is in a different position. Perhaps he went for his rifle or made such a movement now promote the marine to fire upon the enemy fearing for his life and his comrades. And the interview at the end. What is that about? Who knows...... there is an edit in what the soldier is saying. From what I can see here, there is more than enough evidence to suggest CNN is degrading the US MARINES and the war in Iraq. The US MARINES are doing a tremondous job over their in Iraq. CNN should be held accountable for rendering these tapes to suggest marines commited a crime when in fact there is no proof what so ever. shady editing..........
CNN should tell the facts. Unedited of course.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by EagleEyes]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It is very easy to take such scenes out of context and then judge them.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have never heard so many well meaning people get it so wrong. As Eagle eyes says the video has loads of cut scenes and jumps in, who knows what goes on in between. Excuse me if im wrong but in the video before themarines start shooting doesnt the injured iraqi crawl towards his gun. This would qualify him as a threat.

Also the Geneva convention was made up by a lot of fat old men, the vast majority of whom have never seen a war zone but make up rules to tie one of our soldiers arms behind their back, while leaving the iraqis to fight with both hands.

i just noticed this but read the writing under the video.

Justin

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If I recall, that same Marine Unit had a similar situation earlier that week where a wounded Iraqi pretended to be dead and started firing at the Marines when they approached. I say the Marine in this instance learned from that exp. and took the proper precaution and did what he had to do to survive.

This is war and in war you are either killed or you kill the enemy. Try to remember that the Geneva Convention is nice and all, but when the enemy won't play by those rules then you should not expect our troops to either.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The guy was trying to get up. That was a big, fatal, mistake under the circumstances. The Marines, in the heat of battle, probably figured the next thing the guy was going to do was reach for his weapon and resume firing at them. War. Real guns, real bullets, very little time to stop and think things over.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
welcome to war if you let him go he will just return to kill our guys it is simple you dont think they do the same to our troops o ya they also do it to ANY american they can find. and if you watch the video he was mortaly wounded(from the looks) or needing serous medical atention and it was HUMANE to kill him insted of letting him die in the street like a dog ...it was a good death

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OK yeah it's a war. But thats just wrong, in the video that we see he was not holding a gun and aiming it at anybody.

I dunno about the rules of engagement for american troops but for the british side of the "coallition" that would not be allowed, an example, say you were in a helicopter, some iraqi steps out into his back garden and fires a heat seeking missile at you. You manage to avoid dieing go back to sort him out but cant because it looks like he isnt going to fire another.

Videos like this are exactly why people despise the US in certain countries

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the rules of engagement kill or be killed thats it hes not a person to a fighter he is the enime he is trying to kill you your job is to kill him first. it is said that those on the sidelines have 50/50 hindsight that meeans it is easy for you to jude them b/c your ass isnt the ones getting shot at and as far as UK you owe us we saved your butt along with all of europe insted of support when we need it we get it thrown in our face!

and a main reason wy other countries dont like us is we are a super power take france france hates us b/c we could kick there butt no sweat and we controol the UN with out the us to support it it would crumble. most just cant handel that if we realy wated to we could control them it just human nature to fear the big dog and conspire behind his back.

it was still a good death

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by engenerQ
as far as UK you owe us we saved your butt along with all of europe insted of support when we need it we get it thrown in our face!

support when you need it is when someone is about to invade your country not the other way around.

and a main reason wy other countries dont like us is we are a super power

No its because of your foreign policy, infact america's policy on most things, take for example global warming.

typical

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tommio

as far as UK you owe us we saved your butt along with all of europe insted of support when we need it we get it thrown in our face!

support when you need it is when someone is about to invade your country not the other way around.

and a main reason wy other countries dont like us is we are a super power

No its because of your foreign policy, infact america's policy on most things, take for example global warming.

typical

You seem to keep glossing over that a similar incident had happened to this group where the person pretended to be dead then got up firing. Thus a battle tactic had been shown by these people and the Marine did his duty correctly. The person had a weapon nearby and was acting as if he were dead.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
ya your right ppl dont liek our ways of doing things we where sick of lying down and getting kicked in the nuts so we got up and went looking for a fight. the US has watched the world pass by with anger and hatred brewing it was high time we went to a country that has given us the finger at evy posabe point. has employied rapests killed millions of its own people jsut b/c the leader didnt like them. if you ask me if no one else wants to help us try to better this world and lower gas prices in the process(but we gave the wells back to the locals) then there not much of a friend wouldent you say? peace and freedom is not free and it is the US that is cleaning up the mess. is it right for the whole of the earth to stand by as a 2000 year old pissing contest rages on? or should we try to do somethign about it?

[edit on 7-3-2006 by engenerQ]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Engineer, if you dont remember you didnt "save" our asses, unless your meaning the US was planning to invade from africa?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleEyes
Nice editing job here, not really but good attempt. Where in this video do you actually see marines cheering????? The shooter looks serious. Checking the area to make sure the insurgent is no longer a threat. Some people see the insurgent crawling away and unarmed and wounded. Thanks to CNN and their cut scenes, one is left with more questions than a direct sence of what is happening here. There is a weapon less than a foot from the insurgent. He is lying with his hand on the weapon at the start of this tape. Then he rolls over..perhaps playing with a grenade or shuffling in his pockets for more ammo...who knows... cut in scene...and the iraqi is in a different position. Perhaps he went for his rifle or made such a movement now promote the marine to fire upon the enemy fearing for his life and his comrades. And the interview at the end. What is that about? Who knows...... there is an edit in what the soldier is saying. From what I can see here, there is more than enough evidence to suggest CNN is degrading the US MARINES and the war in Iraq. The US MARINES are doing a tremondous job over their in Iraq. CNN should be held accountable for rendering these tapes to suggest marines commited a crime when in fact there is no proof what so ever. shady editing..........
CNN should tell the facts. Unedited of course.

As a former US Marine, (85-92, Boot camp at PI, 3rd Bn, I Co) who played in the sand the first time, I can tell you from experience that the insurgents/enemy used tactics from the NVA. One of their troops is wounded, they fall back and use him as bait to draw out our corpsman. Also as has been previously stated in this thread, the insurgents also have boobytrapped wounded with bombs and grenades. This individual very possibly had a grenade and was working towards pulling the pin and waiting on our guys to come to his aid and release the spoon. The cheering you heard was more than likely edited in, but, after a firefight the release of adrenalin also can cause the same exact thing. Its not cheering they killed somebody, its cheering they survived the contact. Reading this thread I was amazed at the armchair and video game warriors who have NEVER been at the receiving end of a shot fired their way.

Statements like "yea I wouild have gone to get him", "he was wounded and no longer a threat" show the ignorance of the posters, ignorance of combat situations. You go out to get the individual, you not only place YOUR life in danger, but your platoon and squad mates as well who have to cover you and possibly have to drag YOU back to the line after you get hit. In combat, you take out the threat, and the ONLY time the enemy is no longer a threat is when they are either captured or dead. You ever try to help a wounded animal? They can be the most visicous thing on the planet.

Semper Fi

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

the us saved the world from nazi rule but without the british you wouldnt have been able to save the world. the war would already have been over, and where would you have launched the D-day invasion from new york? Hawaii?

This support we threw back in your face. we declared war on a country for you, how much support do we need to give before you accept it gratefully.

Justin

[edit on 7-3-2006 by justin_barton3]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The circumstances of this shooting are debatable. Personally I do NOT see him trying to get up (he supports himself on one arm, there is no indication of him getting up), I do NOT see him grabbing for or having his hand on his weapon (which lies BEHIND the man´s back as some of you conveniently ignored), he is in NO way a threat in the situation of the video.

But what is NOT debatable is that the Marines cheer like Teenagers at the arbitrary shooting (arbitrary because he is already downed) of a person that is NOT an immediate threat. Even less debatable is that the shooter is obviously fond of this event.

I can say that because I have seen the longer version of this footage which shows that the man does nothing else than rolling around on the ground, that shows that several other marines are present ans some urging him to shoot (the first cut-out piece), and that also has a longer part of the interview which basically undermines the opinion the questioned Marine gives in the short clip (and makes sure they are speaking of the prior shooting). That is what has to be discussed about - sending people with a lacking grasp of ethics to a war that was started partly based on an ethical reasoning.

I´d also like to point out that several edits of the footage were NOT done by CNN, as you can see by the jumping bottom text. So CNN is not to blame for some of the edits that result in making this footage more controversial.

[edit on 7/3/2006 by Lonestar24]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonestar24
I can say that because I have seen the longer version of this footage [edit on 7/3/2006 by Lonestar24]

Why are you so stressed about what has been said on this thread?
we can only comment on what we've seen and we've only seen the 15 second video clip.

Personally I do NOT see him trying to get up (he supports himself on one arm, there is no indication of him getting up)

if he's so injured whys he supporting himself on one arm? looks to me like hes trying to get up.

But what is NOT debatable is that the Marines cheer like Teenagers

In the 15 second video clip i cant see any marines cheering so at the least it is debatable.

If you'd care to link the a site with the extended video we'll look and that and maybe we'll change our opinions. Unless your just going to sit smugly at your computer and criticise us and our opinions without backing up your opinions with evidence.

Justin

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Iwould go out and do it yes.
now can you tell me the need to blast him once hes wounded?

Yes, My grandfather was in the Army in the Korean war, and enemy tactics against US Soldiers and Marines were deplorable. He's mentioned how the North Koreans would rig just about anything to explode...not excluding live babies, who would be instructed to walk over to our troops, and then be detonated by their own parents.

The enemy in Operation Iraqi Freedom is well known to use suicide tactics to kill troops.

If you were their Squad Leader, would you risk 18- 20 year old kids being blown up by the enemy? I know i sure as hell wouldn't. How would the Marines know that that guy didnt rig himself to explode?

They're lucky our troops act professional. Considering the iraqi fighters don't wear a uniform, and don't give any thought to the Geneva Convention, which we must abide by.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by firstplacerifles
If you were their Squad Leader, would you risk 18- 20 year old kids being blown up by the enemy? I know i sure as hell wouldn't. How would the Marines know that that guy didnt rig himself to explode?

How do we know that he DID rig himself to explode? Are we going to leave the man to bleed to death....?
Thats the problem with a squad leader/section commander, does he place the lives of his men at risk to save someone that just tried to kill them or does he leave the man to die?

They're lucky our troops act professional. Considering the iraqi fighters don't wear a uniform, and don't give any thought to the Geneva Convention, which we must abide by.

Thast what seperates our men from thiers, our lads fight with rules ,thiers dont.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It doesn't go well to complain about how the enemy doesn't take prisoners, when your side doesn't either.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join