It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About this "White House Insider"...What do we know?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I don't intend to indulge in one of threse quote quote quote quote & answer slugfests.

Not intended to be a slugfest. I quote so you and others know what I'm responding to.

But all you've done so far is shoot the messenger. Even as you say I have my mind made up, so do you. You are on a crusade to discredit the Insider. I think yiu don't want his stuff to be true. So let's not pretend it's just me that has an agenda here.

I saw a trend on ATS with a lot of sources coming from "newsflavor"...I had never heard of it before...thought I would look into it. As I did, I find that it is an anonymous blogger giving out this information and I wanted to find out if there is any validity to these stories.

I have yet to form an opinion except that I usually don't trust anything coming from an anonymous blogger, I have a similar stance when it comes to chain emails that get posted here all the time. I have given out all the information I can find on the "source"...if you see that as a crusade to discredit...I'm sorry...it's not what it is.

I don't care if the information turns out being true or not...that is not something that is under my control, and it wouldn't affect me personally. I do care if these are lies and misinformation...that I do care about...and I would think anyone on ATS would care as well.

I could flip what you said and say that I just think you want this information to be true...and so are ignoring that it is coming from an unverified source with no evidence that it is true....right?

Ulsterman is not a blogger in high standing. He's not a "journalist." Oh, dear. I'm not of the opinion that 'professional journalists' have been doing us any favors lately. Indeed, I don't think they've been doing their jobs. They are too busy marveling at the tingles running up their legs listening to Obama to actually scrutinize the issues. So the fact that Ulsterman is not a 'professional journalist' is not the least disturbing to me and that's the only thing you've really shown here

What about the fact that he is anonymous and has not provided any evidence that what he is posting on a glorified blogging site has any truth to it? Are you at least a little bit concerned abou that?

The thing is, if you take the Insider/Ulsterman position at face value, that he is pushing this stuff out there at a more remote level than Woodstein as a trial balloon to see what happens, well, it worked. It's being discussed here in depth.

Things are discussed here on ATS all the time...doesn't mean there is any truth to them.

Wayne Madsen, certainly a well-respected and REAL journalist, has picked up on this and has in some ways done a better job than Ulsterman/Insider discussing it.

I don't know if I would consider birther Wayne Madsen a well-respected journalist...I don't think I would call him a journalist at all. Again...he is a blogger. And if it isn't Obama's birth certificate he is blogging about, it is that the swine flu was man made, or that CNN is controlled by the Israelis. Do I even have to mention he is always sourcing "unnamed sources" as to where he gets his information?

It's already gone beyond that obscure Ulsterman. And Ulsterman is no longer obscure as well. Whether the Insider is real or not is almost a moot point.

WHAT? Are you being serious?

It doesn't matter if the "insider" is real or not...as long as this stuff is being talked about? So it's ok to you that it all may be a fabricated story (read LIE)...because it goes along with the agenda that you like to see pushed...which is anti Obama. Is that correct?

The point was to get this stuff out there and it is now out there. Mission accomplished. You can disparage this stuff a smuch as you want to, but it's still out there. You can suggest the Insider is not real, but it is still out there. If you will remember, Woodstein's Deep Throat underwent the exact same criticism. But it's still out there.

Again...WHAT???

You don't care if it is true or not...you just care that it is out there and being talked about???

Just more rumors and lies to spread around huh...just a little more disinformation to cloud the facts right?

Is that how you really feel about this? To hell with the validity of it...as long as it is negative towards Obama and it is being talked about?

And please tell me you don't think this is all close to "Deep Throat"...there was at least verifiable evidence there...the only mystery was his identity..not the content itself.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Sorry to burst your bubble there hefficide, but that address is nothing. You have found a professional condo building. If you have ever been to one they have one central address which the mail comes to and the main lobby attendant will deliver it to the individual businesses directly. The building address that you located is and I will quote:

Web Hosting service with 24/7 support. We offer Domain names, hosting packages, and Template creation packages. Many FREE extras are included with each different item. Too many items to list here please visit our site for more details If you find a fraudulent website using our service please report it to Go Daddy (godaddy.com) immediately. We are a reseller but cannot control who signs up for services. Thank you.
What your address is, is nothing more than a webhosting address and reseller for godaddy.com. This address will have attached to it every single domain that is listed with that reseller unless they are ignorant enough to list their own personal info. This address upon further looking also has many many other businesses tied to it. Samurai Sam's Teriyaki Grill on 15111 N Hayden Rd, Spaghetti Vendors Restaurant 15111 N Hayden Rd, Cobblestone Auto Spa & Market, 15111 N Hayden Rd, Valero - 15111 N Hayden Rd, Uncannywebhosting.com 15111 N Hayden Rd and many more.
edit on 11/2/2010 by SpaDe_ because: add info

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As I stated. No matter what you think: Mission accomplished. here's another corraboration of the basic issues in the Wall Street Journal Thus the issue moves out of the realm of the blogs and into the mainstream.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

well, obviously the wall street journal is just some fringe blog, and not a reputable journalist publication.

you still can't prove any of your claims because these are all just fringe bloggers making stuff up to influence the election because they are racists that think obama is a muslim nazi!!

[/facetious]

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
but obama is a muslim nazi

www.youtube.com...

that is just as much proof as those retarded websites

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
As I stated. No matter what you think: Mission accomplished. here's another corraboration of the basic issues in the Wall Street Journal Thus the issue moves out of the realm of the blogs and into the mainstream.

Once you get solid evidence that this is directly tied to the "insider"...please feel free to share.

Until then...you are just propagating more mis-information.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Oh so Rupert Murdoch picked up the story now did he?
I am convinced. It is not like he also picked up and ran with the Okeefe hoax and the Sharod hoax. Help me out, what paper did that Okeefe story that turned out to be completely false first break in?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211They would be really, really stupid if they had not thought of this and set up their screens before talking. Hard to believe they would be that stupid since obama's staff was supposed to be the first one that was "internet savvy" .

Eh, I would say they are more social-network savvy. When the staff got to the White House, they couldn't figure out how to use IBM and Dell computers (large government contracts with both of those companies... I wish NMCI would not contract with Dell, but that's another story). I will slam on mac-users and say that most of them don't really understand computers, much less know how to use them for real work.

As for Ulsterman and the insider - it's difficult to call.

On one hand - he's been fairly accurate on a number of things. Now, even when you have a source - the source can be wrong. But it's not been much in the conclusive region that cements this person as being real.

On the other - if he is a real person - he's giving out a lot of information in a way that can get him pegged in a heartbeat. The list of people who could have that kind of information is either very small, or very large, depending upon how you consider it. An independent contractor can pick up a lot of information, and make a lot of friends in the right places. Being brought in as a periphery to political events rather than being directly involved gives you a little bit of cover - but only so much.

I'm somewhat with the hillbuzz article - leaning towards this insider being a fabrication. However - it's very possible Ulsterman - or someone else he knows - has some inside information from various sources and has condensed them into a pseudo-identity.

And, hell, being ATS - let's add an extra dimension to that line of thought - the CIA has been expanded under the previous administration. Previous scandals and the breaking thereof have had hints of CIA involvement in the collection and dissemination of evidence. While Ulsterman has not really provided much in the line of evidence - the CIA and other intelligence-related agencies have done numerous studies on "viral" phenomena within the internet, and would certainly be aware of its power and potential. Ulsterman provides plausible deniability while carrying a very powerful message to the Capitol (presuming this is true, and the people in the National government with reason to worry have taken notice) - we know where your skeletons are.

I still find it funny that Hillary has gone about as far away as humanly possible from these elections. Not really related to this - but she'd probably be on the moon if she could be.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If this "insider" was ANYTHING close to being real - the info would have been on fox news or some other conservative show.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about trying to reveal this guy's identity. I hope this doesn't become the standard procedure for people who are critical of the government. Though I do understand this guy did more than just give an opinion - he claimed private knowledge of criminal acts.

Many races this election were very close - hiring or encouraging a few bloggers to spread a couple lies might give your conservative candidate the edge.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Fact is, nothing came from the rumours so far. It's all speculation, and it all happened to appear right before the mid-term election. Yet people still pretend something's really going on, even though they have no proof...just because it fits their zombie-like partisan view of the world.

US politics are insane atm...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
With a name like Ulsterman, one would be led to believe that there is a Hebrew/Jewish connection or misdirection.
Who's playing who?
Rayden St. in Arizona sounds very familiar.(?)
Wasn't there discussion of a pro Israeli group that was countering anti Israeli sentiments through blogs and things of this nature that was found out to be in Arizona on Rayden St.
Can't quite remember the title of that thread though.
Good luck with your search for the truth.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Do any of these people have ties to Arizona ?
If any do this would be a good starting point at narrowing down who it is and whether or not the info is or isn't reliable.
Even if it was a person that was involved in politics I wouldn't be sure to trust them about anything because they are going off of someone elses agenda.
Whoever the source is they are being told what to do for alterior motives.
Kinda like the Prez.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about trying to reveal this guy's identity. I hope this doesn't become the standard procedure for people who are critical of the government. Though I do understand this guy did more than just give an opinion - he claimed private knowledge of criminal acts.

I care less about revealing Ulsterman's identity than I do about him providing any shread of proof that what he says is valid.

If the scenario is legit...Ulsterman is just a middle man...being a good reporter...he should have no fear of making his identity known.

For the insider, making himself known would kill his political career...but there is no other way to verify what he is claiming is true.

And I agree...this would be less of an issue if the reports were of "Obama takes naps in the oval office"...but they are not...they are reports of potential criminal activity and personal attacks. If it's true...it's true...that is what we are trying to find out. But if it is false...some people are going to be in a bit of trouble.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Fact is, nothing came from the rumours so far. It's all speculation, and it all happened to appear right before the mid-term election. Yet people still pretend something's really going on, even though they have no proof...just because it fits their zombie-like partisan view of the world.

And that was my motivation for making this thread...there are many on ATS taking these articles as 100% true news stories...with zero proof of what is beign said is true.

You can read a previous reply in this thread...his thought was "it doesn't matter if it is true...at least people are talking about it". To me this suggests that people may not think it is true, or not care if they information is true...they just like that it is more negativity towards Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
With a name like Ulsterman, one would be led to believe that there is a Hebrew/Jewish connection or misdirection.
Who's playing who?
Rayden St. in Arizona sounds very familiar.(?)
Wasn't there discussion of a pro Israeli group that was countering anti Israeli sentiments through blogs and things of this nature that was found out to be in Arizona on Rayden St.
Can't quite remember the title of that thread though.
Good luck with your search for the truth.

You know...I don't even know if I want to give this information out...because I'm not a big believer in any of the "Jewish" conspiracies.

But the webstie Ulsterman blogs from is owned by an Israeli company.

From the Triond website:
www.triond.com...

Who Are We?
Triond is a service of Stanza Ltd., a privately held company based in Tel Aviv.

And here is a lookup of who Stanza Ltd. is:
bizcovering.com...

I personally don't think, or don't know, if this has any connection at all. I am not personally going to go down that path. But if you think there is something there, please feel free to investigate.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yesterday OP announced Ulsterman was a liar about the Insider's prediction of resignations. He even alleged that the announcement a few hours later of the resignation of Larry Summers could have been contrived, i.e. Either Ulsterman got wind of this and wrote an article after the fact, then claimed prescience, or he changed dates on his publication. At least that's how I read this accusation. Of course, there is no evidence for this, but as is often the case in these arguments, something that COULD have happened turns into something that DID happen. The same logic could be used for Obama's birth. If he COULD have been born in Kenya, he WAS born in Kenya.. People don't like that one too much and are quick to point out how illogical it is. Well, sauce for the goose and all....But let's look at this. here's what the Insider said (and I use "The Insider" almost metaphorically to acknowledge that he may not exist.)

"And the ones who did voice concerns…they are, or will be, among the first to go. And it’s coming sooner rather than later."-- Sep 18.

"WH divided as there are a number of them from the Clinton adm. Suspicions at all time high. -Name withheld- on way out. Should be announced soon."-- Sep 21

This is where we enter into some controversy, because it was very soon after this publication hit the street that Larry Summers' resignation was announced. The criticism is basically that the resignation was too close to the prediction to count as a prediction. Not to put too fine a point on it, but this was the second time the Insider suggested there would be some resignations, the first being on the 18th. By him saying "sooner rather than later" I take that to mean before the mid-terms instead of after. In any case, that begs the question. Was it Larry Summers' resignation that the Insider meant on Sept. 21st? Summers was considered high up in the administration, I'm sure, but most people had never heard of him. Being Director of the White House Economic Council sounds kind of obscure to me. But look who else resigned:

Sep 21: Larry Summers, Director White House Economic Council
Sep 24: David Axelrod, announced for 2011
Oct 1: Rahm Emanuel, Chief of Staff
Oct 8: Gen. James Jones, NSA

I would submit to you that the Insider probably was referring to Emanuel, not Summers. It's a much higher profile exit and no one I've read thinks this was not forced and a result of tensions in the White House, particularly with Michelle Obama. Jones' resignation was considered surprising as well, another high profile exit. Of course everyone has plausible deniability here. Emanuel is running for Mayor of Chicago. Axelrod is going to 'work on Obama's reelection.' etc.

So, you see from the list here that the Insider's predictions that there would be some exits, i.e.: more than one, is absolutely true. He nailed it. Now you can say, well, anyone could tell, but the thing is, Ulsterman wrote it down before the fact. Anyone who could tell did not.

There's one prediction I found that it looks like the Insider was wrong. here's what he said:

"Just prior to the midterm elections, a significant figure within the party is going to break out and talk publicly to the media about much of what has and is going on both at the White House and Congress."-- Sep 27

I have not found any evidence that this happened, certainly not by any major figure within the party. If anyone can find this please post it. I'm trying to track this stuff chronologically.

edit on 11/3/2010 by schuyler because: spelling, as usual

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Watergate ...

Fact is, Deep Throat came out right before the presidential election.

Fact is, Nixon haters (mostly dems) hung on every word and automatically assumed them all to be facts.

Fact is, Nixon supporters (mostly republicans) said it was all BS, just rumor and innuendo.

Fact is, there are quite interesting parallels here, just the party affiliations are reversed.

Major fact is, all the "rumors and innuendos" happened to turn out to be true

Shall we learn from history and wait to see whether any of these stories are true, or repeat the mistakes of the past and just dismiss them out of hand for no other reason than they are about "your guy"?
edit on 11/3/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The difference is...in Nixon's case they had actual data and stuff to back up their claims. We're still waiting for this "Obama is gay/nazi/commi/capitalist/etc rumour" without having received the slightest bit of credible information. Hell, even the organization who started the rumours has been found to be dodgy!!

And yet I'm still sure you let this impact your view of Obama...like so many others.

Logic goes right out of the window...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've just added up all the Insider's predictions and have the following tally. Of 14 specific predictions he has made so far in 8 insider articles:

Confirmed = 6: It happened after the fact just like he said it would.
Unresolved = 6: We don't know because these are still in the future.
Wrong: 1: He said it would happen; it did not. Looks like he was flat out wrong.
Unconfirmed = 1: It may be true, but we have no independent confirmation.

The key here will be to see which unresolved issues move to the confirmed column and which move to the wrong column. Understand that the Insider's information contains far more than just predictions. It's just that predictions is one way we can attempt to measure his authenticity.

If you want more information, RTFAs

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

The difference is...in Nixon's case they had actual data and stuff to back up their claims. We're still waiting for this "Obama is gay/nazi/commi/capitalist/etc rumour" without having received the slightest bit of credible information. Hell, even the organization who started the rumours has been found to be dodgy!!

And yet I'm still sure you let this impact your view of Obama...like so many others.

Logic goes right out of the window...

No, please pay closer attention.

I was following the news during Watergate. When the allegations first surfaced, no one knew whether they were true or not. All there were was one group that believed them and one that did not.

Same as the obama situation now.

And exactly how are you "sure" you know what I think? Another liberal mistake to believe you do.

edit on 11/3/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join