It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fortunofiasco

Sorry i think your confused, i never called anyone any names.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

Lies were created by Thruths, Thruths were created from Lies...

They come hand in hand and you'll never get away from either of them

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MareBellator

Sorry i think your confused, i never called anyone any names.

Yes I did confuse
I apologize.
OOOOPS !

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

dude, what? They were accusations to smear Assange. Don't feed into the media's lies and propaganda.

Best of luck to you, man.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortunofiasco
reply to post by Esger

Could you perhaps be more specific and tell us what you suspect ?

Directed by who ?

For what purpose ?

I mean... Every theory can be valid and interresting reads. Please go ahead.

I don't know.
This interview is just too "strange".

CNN knew that asking those questions would make people think "they try to hide the true story, again. They are working for the government blabla."

So, knowing that, why they did it?

On the other hand, Assange is a bright man. Walk out = suspicious, trying to escape. Why didn't he simply answer the questions. Like : "I can't talk about it right now", "I'm not guily, this is false accusation".

Why he walked out?

Both CNN and Assange looks suspicious to me in that video, because they both acted stupidly and I don't think they are. The questions were stupids, the video looks very unprofessional (was that a basement?), all the drama at the end when Assange walked out...

Something's not right with that interview and this is not only on CNN side.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

She is right to "tax his person", because he could be a RAPIST HIMSELF. She is being a JOURNALIST and asking questions, so she shouldn't do her job?
edit on 24-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Are you joking? I think you are joking. If she was a real journalist she wouldn't be asking about his alleged crime (that has been brought up, dismissed, brought up, etc and is probably bunk) she would be asking about the leak. How can you not see that that is actual news and what she is bringing up is bulls**t? She had a chance to find out why he shared this information, what he hopes it will accomplish. She could have asked anything to the spokesperson for a group that is attempting to change the world.

So she is not a real journalist because she asked a question about an alleged crime? That is just like the alleged crimes that IRAQI'S were raped and tortoured I guesse none of it is true? Or do you just want to believe the parts you want?? Ask only the questions you want to ask?

NO questions asked about Assanges RAPE CHARGES, but ALL questions asked on Iraqi rape and tortoure charges??? Get real. Assange walking out of an interview discredits wikileaks and Assange if you want to believe it or not.

Those Iraq crimes are A.) not alleged, there are pictures that our president refused to release B.) war crimes. She's not a worthy journalist because she had a chance to talk about a group that is taking on the most powerful country in the world and exposing them. If don't see what's going on her, you don't see much. Also, when did these alleged charges become rape charges? They were harassment/molestation at first? By two anonymous girls. Charges that were admittedly suspicious from day one.
edit on 24-10-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: ...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wikileaks only discredits themselves further by Assange walking out of an interview after being asked a tough question.

It is not his personal life when no one was asking about his casual sex life, they were asking about his RAPE CHARGES. No one asked, hey hows your sex life assange?

When you only want to talk about someone elses RAPE CHARGES (The iraqi tortoure and rape charges) but don't want to talk about your own rape charges, makes you seem like a discredited shill.

He already discredited himself giving us the DOG FOOD (the iraqi war documents) Kept all the good stuff (the insurance files) He is no better then any government keeping all the good stuff a secret for themself.

When he runs with his tail between his legs after being asked about his OWN charges discredits him because he only wants to talk about everybody elses CHARGES. The Iraqi tortoure and rape charges are to be questioned but his own RAPE charges shall not be talked about?

Oh NO, he got asked a question and Assange couldn't take the heat then he ran.

If he can't answer a question when asked, then he really shouldn't be the one representing wikileaks or claiming charges in IRAQI rape. Assange should RESIGN NOW

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esger

Originally posted by fortunofiasco
reply to post by Esger

Could you perhaps be more specific and tell us what you suspect ?

Directed by who ?

For what purpose ?

I mean... Every theory can be valid and interresting reads. Please go ahead.

I don't know.
This interview is just too "strange".

CNN knew that asking those questions would make people think "they try to hide the true story, again. They are working for the government blabla."

So, knowing that, why they did it?

On the other hand, Assange is a bright man. Walk out = suspicious, trying to escape. Why didn't he simply answer the questions. Like : "I can't talk about it right now", "I'm not guily, this is false accusation".

Why he walked out?

Both CNN and Assange looks suspicious to me in that video, because they both acted stupidly and I don't think they are. The questions were stupids, the video looks very unprofessional (was that a basement?), all the drama at the end when Assange walked out...

Something's not right with that interview and this is not only on CNN side.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

I think he knew or sensed that she was bringing it up to try to make a bigger story out of it. Downplay the leak, bring up allegations. It was a sham interview from the start. If he had started talking about it, it would have legitimized her and the story. She would have gone on about it as long as she could have.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What the hell? The interview was done by CNN, they're on the same level as Fox when it comes unprofessionalism and disinformation in my opinion...

Assange had every right to walk considering the interview was about the leaked 400,000 reports about the military and the Middle East and instead, the "journalist" rather get into false scandals about Julian...

Here's a hint for news outlets: How about staying on topic of that instead of stepping into something that was made up to smear Assange and the organization known as Wikileaks?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Weren't the rape/molestation charges dropped anyway?
2nd

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In the NECN video feed it's interesting that we get to see things from the front right camera. In the clip you can hear Ms. Shubert matter-of-factly say at 0m 44s, "I had to ask the question Julian."

Makes me wonder who the script writer was for this bit of tabloid trash.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I had no idea the interview was only going to be about the leaks, I don't think thats how journalism works. She can ask him anything she wants to, and thats what she did. I know she was going to get to the leaks, but Assange walked off before she did, he shouldn't have done that imo.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Of course, when an organization releases files about war crimes it's better to ask about the rape charges in Sweden instead : congratulations CNN for amazing journalism...

YEAH! Because as a journalist you should only ask the questions that your interviewee wants you to. You should never pad the questions to avoid hitting a sour spot.

Assange is a liar. He's reaping what he's sewn...

Assange has said that WikiLeaks puts out the source material so that it can speak for itself, and so that anyone reviewing it can draw their own conclusions. They have done that with prior rleases and also with this material. So, how does Assange's personal credibility come into play at all? It doesn't. Nice try with that transparent diversionary illogical disinfo tactic. It's nice when those of your stripe display it proudly for all to see.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The interview was worth nothing. The sound was atrocious with heavy emphasis on background noise at the low end, and while the voices were very clear the girl's voice was less audible than Assange's. The background noise was still an un-needed distraction, I can't figure out yet why it was done that way. The interview was of great importance, and it was blown in minutes. It is the interview that never was, goodbye CNN, or whatever three caps' you go under! BTW, hello to the newbies today
edit on 24-10-2010 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The charges were dropped.

www.sfgate.com...

To put this in context for you. If I were to make the allegation that you were an anal raping child molester. Would you dignify other peoples questions, if someone on the forum later asked, "Was that Xtraeme guy right that you're a child molestor?" You'd probably say, "Because some random person can make up an allegation that has no bearing in reality I now have to discuss the subject further? Why are you even bringing this up? Are you trying to discredit me?"

This is exactly the scenario we're seeing here with CNN.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

www.sfgate.com...

To put this in context for you. If I were to make the allegation that you were an anal raping child molester. Would you dignify other peoples questions, if someone on the forum later asked, "Was that Xtraeme guy right that you're a child molestor?" You'd probably say, "Because some random person can make up an allegation that has no bearing in reality I now have to discuss the subject further? Why are you even bringing this up? Are you trying to discredit me?"

Just like the IRAQI TORTOURE AND RAPE charges will be dropped.

DONT YOU SEE we are all being duped by ALL OF THEM!!!!

WIKILEAKS is not on yourside NEITHER is the government

EXACTLY what I wanted to be seen!!

Don't fall for this wikileaks crap

Don't fall for the GOVERNMENTS crap either.

We got played bythe government and wikileaks

HE HAS HIS INSURANCE

The government has ALL the other resources

Assange doesnt care if we know the truth

he wants media attention and money

the government wants to cover their tracks

so his rape charges are dropped

the government takes NO ACCOUNTABILTY in the war crimes

and WE are here discussing whos better

Neither of them are good!

The government NEVER answers questions they don't like

and Assange won't answer questions he don't like thats why he walked out!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

In the NECN video feed it's interesting that we get to see and hear things from the front right camera. In this clip you can hear Ms. Shubert matter-of-factly say at 0m 44s, "I had to ask the question Julian."

Makes me wonder who the script writer was for this bit of tabloid trash.

And.. why did CNN release that 2nd clip? For people to hear Ms. Shubert said I had to ask the question Julian.?

Yeah, right.

No sense, at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

www.sfgate.com...

And.. reopened...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

www.sfgate.com...

Just like the IRAQI TORTOURE AND RAPE charges will be dropped.

DONT YOU SEE we are all being duped by ALL OF THEM!!!!

WIKILEAKS is not on yourside NEITHER is the government

EXACTLY what I wanted to be seen!!

Don't fall for this wikileaks crap

Don't fall for the GOVERNMENTS crap either.

We got played bythe government and wikileaks

HE HAS HIS INSURANCE

The government has ALL the other resources

Assange doesnt care if we know the truth

he wants media attention and money

the government wants to cover their tracks

so his rape charges are dropped

the government takes NO ACCOUNTABILTY in the war crimes

and WE are here discussing whos better

Neither of them are good!

I seriously doubt they will be dropped since we already know it happened before and there were pictures.

www.atlargely.com...
abcnews.go.com...

and remember the abu ghraib incident?
warisacrime.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join