It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Isn't it kind of coincidental that these allegations were brought up after the first leaks were published? I feel something is rotten in Denmark. Our covered-up military war atrocities were blind sided by a maverick investigative journalist. Our government doesn't like it, so now they're out to destroy him. I may be wrong, but it's just my read on things.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I like your signature...

"A SUCKER who believes the Official Story, DESERVES the Official Story."

This thread and several others currently on ATS regarding wikileaks stand as overwhelming proof of that.

No one seems to be willing to explore the "why" in anything anymore, just take the official story and run with it.

No wonder people are so gullible and easily manipulated by the MSM, too many have lost the ability to think for themselves, or to be motivated to investigate and research something before drawing conclusions.

There is no hope, you get what you deserve!

Carry on.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well in my opinion the interview was completely not about the needed information and more about tarnishing his name .

But honestly he did the right thing by walking out...... the interview was obviously not about the leak but more about tarnishing his reputation...

I imagine some of the media will n ow spin this as a reason to pretend he is somehow guilty of what he has been accused and use that spin to report on him alone instead of the leaks themselves ...

once again typical media damage control tactics have been used .....the question is ...why does this surprise anyone?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortunofiasco
reply to post by Esger

Could you perhaps be more specific and tell us what you suspect ?

Directed by who ?

For what purpose ?

I mean... Every theory can be valid and interresting reads. Please go ahead.

He doesn't believe it's real because it happened on CNN and not Fox News. If it was Fox News then he would be going crazy saying "Faux this, Faux that".

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
time will tell if Assange is getting a good interview.
right people in mind would spot bs questions we are talking about crimes against humans.
of the people by the people for the people, end with the bs.
look for answers to get those who did/arranged this bs to justice.

edit on 24-10-2010 by MrAnnunaki because: hehe

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What I find sad is the grossly huge number of people in the general population that cater to this type of "Journalism". It is amazing to see the media create unnecessary contention or controversy in their reporting so that people lose their focus on the actual issue being presented. CNN did something similar in an interview with Ron Paul concerning the "Ground Zero Mosque" thing. The reporter persistently tried to pit Ron Paul against his son's differing viewpoint on the subject and tried to get Mr. Paul to pick one of two sides to an irrelevant debate in order to stir up contention. Just like this reporter did to Mr. Assange.

Here's the Ron Paul interview for those who haven't seen it: Interview

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The most imporant thing to look at is motive. What motivated Assange to walk out of an interview? A simple question that was asked about his rape accusations. If he has been clear of all the charges then he can openly talk about it and show the world where his stance is on HIS rape issue. He only had one thing in mind to talk about the WAR CRIME and RAPE accusations that wikileaks thinks they exposed.

When he got asked about his RAPE charges against HUMANS oh no he didn't want to go there which like it or not makes people in the mass public make him seen as discredited by getting up and walking out of an interview. More people saw him walking out of an interview and being a big baby then will ever see or read this thread.

This happened also very recently when
Goldberg, Behar walk off ‘The View’ set during O’Reilly interview

news.yahoo.com...

Big rating boost for o'rielly big rating boost for the view and WHOOPIE AND BEHAR looked like complete a holes.

get the picture?????

Now was these both a set up walk off?

Could be.

Or did WHOOPIE and BEHAR walk off the view because they couldn't handle O'reilly like adults. Either way Barbra Walters made sure she looked good by discrediting WHOOPIE AND BEHAR for walking off stage and staying there and debating O'reilly

Now neither it got to hot for Assange and he can't answer a question and should reseign.

Or this has turned into a circus show for cnn and assange discrediting them both oh yah!

CNN has been unfair for a long time now. Assange is a phoney and finally people can see this clearly.

Big ratings mean big money anyway you look at it.
edit on 24-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

www.youtube.com

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange walked out of an interview with CNN in London.

Assange, who was being interviewed to discuss the 400,000 pages of documents WikiLeaks released about the Iraq War, grew upset when interviewer Atika Shubert asked about his personal legal issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

When a so-called professional interviewer has to resort to bringing up one's past instead of focusing on the "story" you know someone's gotten to them!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

When a so-called professional interviewer has to resort to bringing up one's past instead of focusing on the "story" you know someone's gotten to them!

Very good observation, now dig a little deeper.... Who and Why?

Maybe you'll find more clues in this thread itself.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

www.youtube.com

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange walked out of an interview with CNN in London.

Assange, who was being interviewed to discuss the 400,000 pages of documents WikiLeaks released about the Iraq War, grew upset when interviewer Atika Shubert asked about his personal legal issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

Wouldn't you be frustrated? If discrediting slander was brought against you?, then used as ammo against you in an interview that had nothing to do with said charges? Especially when the charges were proven false?

Interesting? very Interesting!
edit on 24-10-2010 by 2Rotten4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
He cant handle the truth!!!No seriously the pressure got to him, I only wish he would go on FOX!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esger
This looks staged to me. Can't say why exactly... Sound, video, questions...

Who released that video and why?

I agree that the audio was really bad. The gain was turned way up making all the electronic hum of the audio equipment audible. So it seems the CNN audio engineer is about as amateur as their flunky reporter.

Also, CNN probably released the video hoping it would make him look bad, but it back fired on them.
edit on 24-10-2010 by harrytuttle because: order

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The first thing I thought when I thought rape charges were pressed against him:

Why would a smart person rape someone out of nowhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fortunofiasco

I think what the fellow meant to say is that the baiting was so overt and premeditated, it seems the interview was designed to do nothing other than enrage Assange, forcing him to walk off the set. This way, we can all sit here and chatter about his legal problems and "volatile" management style, while ignoring the nearly half a million pages of war crimes committed by the US military and private mercs in the Middle East. Anyone else have a better reason for such a spectacle?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Sigh like we're going to find anything in the thread
!

Well I been playing amateur investigator here and here are my findings, you guys tell me what you think of that.

On the journalist Twitter page (and remember she's CNN London correspondent, not the CNN Wikileaks correspondent) I have counted around 35 Twits for the last 3 months.

More than half are about Wikileaks/Assange, It's like 55-60%. Talk about an obsession...

It seems like she's been interrested a lot in the rape and molestation charges :

AUG 25 twit #1 :

"Also awaiting Sweden prosecutor decision re Wikileaks Julian Assange. Will the charges stick? And what's with the u-turn on rape charge?"

AUG 25 twit #2 :

"Sweden's Chief Prosecutor drops Wikileaks Assange rape charge: "no suspicion about any crime having been committed"

AUG 25 twit #3 :

"But keeps "molestation" charge, orders questioning of Assange - a charge more akin to harrassement, punishable 1 year jail or fine."

SEP 25 :

"For those following wikileaks story, this is an interesting development: Daniel Scmitt out of Wikileaks"

Amongst others...

To be honest i didn't have the idea to check her Twitter page as well, I just got curious after reading this on a forum :

"Atika Shubert is a joke. She has been obsessed with Assange for some time now (see her Twitter feed and previous interviews). She has something against him. Also, CNN was offered the Wikileaks documents in advance (like the NYT, Guardian etc etc), but refused, citing lack of resources (literally they said, due to "conditions" ha!). Now they're behind the curve and they don't like it. Today during the Wikileaks press conference, ALL major news sites had headlines like "400,000 documents on US war actions in Iraq made public" or something to that extent. CNN? "No internal strife in Wikileaks organization as Assange defends releasing documents" Gross"

Interresting ?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fortunofiasco

All I can say is WOW...WTG Julian for walking out on this low life..CNN is a joke..They are so dominated by the globalist..

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That was a real show of class vs. classless. The CNN reporter showed a real lack of class for acting like nothing more than a "People" magazine glitterazzi. She was obviously assigned the interview to just discredit Assange rather than focus on the news he's delivering. This could have been one of the highlights of her career, but instead it was a classless show of little substance. She may as well have asked, "What are you wearing?"

On the other hand, Assange is releasing the most incredibly incriminating evidence - that should lead to Nuremburg level trials. He was quite earnest in wanting to discuss the data, and this lifeless hack just goes for the lowest level attack. He showed class, and a real spine in walking out.

She should be ashamed of herself. CNN should be ashamed of themselves. She should be reporting on the Lohan rehab. That's about as in depth as she can handle, obviously.

Although I'm not a regular viewer, CNN has now completely lost my patronage and respect (not that I had huge respect for them).
The MSM are bought and paid for, and this is real proof. They are just a propaganda machine. If there's any cover up in the atrocities, CNN are now complicit.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The 60,000 + dead civilians don't care whether this guy rapes pigs before breakfast. You all do a great injustice to the dead by bickering like children over the character of this man. The facts are 400,000 pages of classified and secret documents telling the story of thousands dead. Yet, here you are trying to discern an unrelated man's character.

Most of you should feel shame.

ALL of you should feel outrage.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
She was able to be fortunate enough to interview Julian, and what does she do? Talks nothing of the massive War Document leaks and the information that was released.

He was even nice enough to warn her over 3 times, saying "I will walk out". And she just continued on.

Tsk. What a bummer.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

I would'nt have done that. I would have persisted her to ask the real questions at stake.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join